• Published 25th Mar 2023
  • 1,556 Views, 110 Comments

Yugioh Defenders of Harmony - MechaTomX



A young teenager will stand out in the game of Duel Monsters, with the help of his friends, he will face great challenges, such as the threat of some Pro Duelists who threaten to end the fun of the game.

  • ...
16
 110
 1,556

Fifth Turn: We live in a World of Chaos

At the Sparkle family home.

Spike was in his room, he was organizing his deck, seeing what cards to put and what cards to draw, he looked excited.

“Let's see, if I put this one up, it might give me a head start, but I think I'll need more copies,” Spike said as he looked at a card.

“You're in high spirits,” Heathspike told him, standing beside his in his spirit form.

"That duel with Scootaloo grounded me," Spike replied, "We're powerful, but we're not invincible."

"You learned well, we must not let our guard down or underestimate our opponents, only then will we have a good future as a duelist and duel spirit."

Spike smiled and immediately went back to checking his deck.


At the Apple family home.

There was Big Mac who was watering his plants while whistling a song.

Applejack arrived at the place, "I see that you are in a good mood today."

Big Mac just nodded, stopping his whistling, "Eeyup."

"If so, something good had to happen," Applejack said.

Big Mac nodded again, "Eeyup."

Does it have to do with the team? TRUE?" asked Applejack.

"Eeyup," Big Mac replied.

"Well, it can't be that you've beaten a powerful duelist, every time you beat them you're no longer surprised," AJ suspected, "Which means, you must have a new member on the team."

"Eeyup, his name is Spike, he's about the age of Apple Bloom, an interesting boy," Big Mac replied.

Applejack's eyes widened when she heard Spike's name, "Spike, he's Twilight Sparkle's little brother, Twilight is my friend and classmate."

“Yeah, I remember mentioning that, she's a Pro Duelist,” Big Mac replied, “It must be hard for him to fill such big shoes.”

“Considering everything he's been through, I'm glad you gave him a place on your team,” AJ told him gratefully.

"Sister, Apple Harmony doesn't reject anyone," Big Mac replied with a smile, "And without realizing it, Spike and Apple Bloom and their friends will fight on our level one day."

AJ smiled as well thinking of Apple Bloom, she never wondered if it wasn't hard for her to have 2 Pro Duelists in her family, "I understand why Apple Bloom and her friends got along so well with Spike."


A few hours later at the Sparkle family home.

Twilight Velvet entered Spike's room and found him asleep, she saw his cards in a cabinet next to his bed, she smiled seeing him recover his emotion for the duels, at that moment she covered him with a blanket and gave him a kiss on the forehead before leaving.


On the streets of Canterlot.

School was over and Spike was heading to Apple Harmony's hideout, the old barn.

“I love when school ends early,” Spike said as he walked through town.

“In my world I never went to a school, but I understand your sentiment,” Heathspike told him.

But as Spike walked, he stopped when he saw someone he knew, "Wait a minute, that's…"

He said as he watched a boy carrying a large box with a picture of an apple on it, "Big Mac."

Big Mac walked up to a door and knocked on it.

Knock, knock.

The door opened and a girl with pink skin and fluffy violet hair came out, she was wearing a green dress and turquoise shoes.

“Hello Big Mac,” she greet him.

"And who is she?" Spike asked watching from a safe distance, he was slowly approaching to avoid detection.

Peeking out the window, he saw that Big Mac had delivered a box full of apples, "Wow, that girl seems to really like apples."

“I don't think it's just the apples, Spike,” Heathspike told him.

The girl and Big Mac continued to talk.

"Thank you for coming here, Big Mac," the girl thanked, "It's great to see you again so soon, thanks to you I can bake many more things besides muffins."

Big Mac blushed and could not express any words.

"Okay, I shouldn't be peeking," Spike said as he walked away.

A few minutes later.

Big Mac left the place without losing his smile and his blush, he got into his car.

For some strange reason, Spike had a strange urge to follow him.

And his stops were not normal, some were understandable like when Big Mac delivered a box of apples to a local store.

But on other occasions, Spike followed Big Mac to a park where he saw him plant many plants and trees, as well as water them.

"What the?" Spike wondered.

And the last stop was at a construction zone where he saw Big Mac help carry large blocks.

"Well I guess that makes sense," Spike said, "Big Mac seems to be a strong guy."

“I know, even I don't have muscles like that,” Heathspike told him.

"Oh really? I thought that you…"

"It's just my Spike armor, my arms are noodles, just like yours," Heathspike replied.

Spike pouted but simply headed over to the old barn to meet up with the team.


As the young man walked, he heard the sound of a car horn, he turned around and realized that it was Big Mac's car.

“Do you need a ride?” Big Mac asked, opening the car door.

Spike smiled, "Hey Big Mac, sure I'd like a ride."

Spike got in the car, fastened his seatbelt, and at that moment Big Mac sped off.

"Hey Spike, did you have fun spying on me?" asked Big Mac.

Spike's pupils shrank beyond measure, "What?"

Big Mac smiled, "Please Spike, even a deaf man would know you were following me all day."

Spike apologized with all the sorrow in the world, "I'm really sorry Mac, I didn't mean to, I was headed to the barn but then I saw you and I guess one thing led to another."

"Hey, it's okay, you don't need to apologize, it's normal to be a little curious," Big Mac told him.

"Yeah, I was curious to see what you did, but it seems you have a lot of jobs," Spike said, "I imagine that pays for the lighting in the barn."

“Eeyup,” Big Mac replied.

“And isn't it a bit stressful doing all that alone? Don't you have help from the team? Heathspike asked.

“Well, there are times when I do get monetary help from the team,” Big Mac replied, “But it's my barn, the team was my idea and I'm the leader, I'm the one who has to take care of most things, It is a feeling that fills me with satisfaction.”

Spike noticed that Big Mac didn't seem to be exaggerating seeing the sincerity in his eyes, he was working so that he and the Rogue Duelists would have a place where they could duel.

“Wow, I wish I had that level of confidence and dedication one day,” Spike said.

"Trust me," Big Mac added, "you'll get it."


Several minutes later, they had already arrived at the place, but it seemed strange to them that many of the members present were gathered outside the old barn.

"Hmm, I wonder what's going on there?" Spike wondered, quickly he and Big Mac came over, and saw Apple Bloom was having a duel against someone they couldn't place.

“Attack,” ordered a tall boy, the boy had gray skin, yellow eyes with red pupils, his disheveled hair had different shades of gray, his clothes were strange, since one of the sleeves of his brown shirt was yellow and another was brown , his pants were the same, one part was red and the other green, he had black shoes and he was also wearing a top hat.

At that moment, a monster in the shape of a kind of snake with various animal parts attacked Apple Bloom.

"AHHHH," Apple Bloom yelled as she was struck by the snake's tail.

“Great, another one that uses tail attacks,” Heathspike said angrily.

“Hey Im standing right here,” Rumble told him, standing next to Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom: 0 LP
Mystery Duelist: 1800 LP (WINNER)

“Apple Bloom,” Spike and Big Mac yelled at the same time as they went over to Apple Bloom to help her up.

"Spike, Big Mac, I'm sorry," Apple Bloom apologized, looking down at the ground, "I lost."

“Hehehehe, too bad for you,” the boy who had beated her laughed, “You really did bite the dust.”

Needless to say, but from his clothes and the high pitch of his voice, this boy seemed like some kind of lunatic.

“He's really strong,” Apple Bloom admitted even though she didn't want to.

Spike looked at the boy as he frowned.

“Well, that served as a warm-up for me,” the tall boy said.

“And there we have it, we got a taste of that aggressive style from the winner of this duel,” Cheerilee announced.

Spike listened carefully, he wanted to know who that mysterious duelist was.

"The champion of the Draconecus cup, he travels the world challenging great duelists, that's why he is known as the Wandering Duelist, with 50 consecutive victories, the powerful Discord."

"My, I'm honored that my reputation precedes me," the boy named Discord said as he pulled a glass of chocolate milk out of his hat, many found it strange that the glass hadn't fallen over the entire time he was there.

"And what are you doing here, Wandering Duelist Discord?" Scootaloo asked.

“Oh please, don't be so formal,” Discord replied as he dropped his glass, “Just Discord, or if you want, you can call me Lord of Chaos Discord.”

“I think we prefer Discord,” Sweetie Belle responded nervously.

“In any case, I think it should be obvious why I'm here,” Discord said as he pulled a bowler hat from his top hat and put it on, “I came here for the legend of 30 wins in a row, I'm looking for Big Macintosh.”

That made many alert.

Spike looked at Big Mac who had taken a serious stance.

Big Mac approached Discord, "I'm Big Mac, nice to meet you."

Big Mac offered his hand for a handshake to Discord which he accepted.

"The pleasure is all yours, I am honored to be in your presence, I would like to have a duel with you," Discord told him as he released his hand with which he was shaking Big Mac's hand.

"Ahhh, his hand," Spike yelled.

“It was a fake hand,” Zecora told him.

Discord revealed under his sleeve that it was clearly a fake hand, "Then what do you say?"

“I accept,” Big Mac said as he activated his Duel Disk, “Let's duel.”

"Wait," Discord interrupted, "I wasn't expecting this."

"What are you talking about?" asked Big Mac.

"I didn't travel very far just for you to accept my duel that easily, where is the challenge, the emotion, you know who you really are, then there must be a condition for me to face you," Discord told him with spirals in his eyes.

“I do know who I am, that's why I'm accepting your challenge,” Big Mac replied, a bit confused.

“Like this guy's missing a screw,” Braeburn whispered to him.

“Just accept his duel, we don't have all day you know,” Spike told Discord.

"What did you say?" asked Discord with fire in his eyes.

"Ahh nothing," Spike replied scared as he hid behind Big Mac.

Discord was thinking for several minutes until an idea occurred to him, "I got it, I will face one of your team members in a duel, and the winner will have the privilege of facing you."

"I guess I don't have a choice," Big Mac sighed, then he turned to Apple Bloom, "Apple Bloom, who you think should take on Discord, you fought him, who you think would be more suitable."

"For the first time, I don't have a clear answer, his style is so unpredictable," Apple Bloom replied.

"I see," Big Mac said, then realized Spike was hiding behind him, "Spike, if you were in a similar situation to me, you'd fight him."

"Umm, I don't think so," Spike replied, lowering his head.

"Huh? And why not?" I ask Big Mac.

"Because he's on such an incredible winning streak, it's clear that I couldn't beat him," Spike replied, "Someone like you could, but someone like me, never."

"Spike," Heathspike placed his hand on his partner's shoulder.

“I see,” Big Mac said, then he turned to Discord, “Discord, I already have your opponent, you will fight him.”

Big Mac pointed at Spike.

This surprised everyone, including Discord and Spike.

"WHAT?" Spike yelled.

“Curious choice, but never mind, a challenge is a challenge,” Discord said.

“You will fight in about 15 minutes,” Big Mac said as he took Spike's arm and led him to the old barn.

“Okay, 15 minutes,” Discord said as he pulled out a pocket watch.

“Wait Big Mac, you didn't hear what I said,” Spike told him as Big Mac dragged him away.

"I heard what you said," Big Mac replied, "and that's precisely why I chose you."

"Come on Spike," Apple Bloom approached, "where's the attitude you had when you challenged Rover."

“That was different,” Spike replied, being dragged by Big Mac, “You were in trouble, and it was instinct, there is no danger here, it's just a duel, so I have no reason to be humiliated in front of the Draconecus cup champion.”

"Spike, you can't turn down a duel just because you're afraid of losing," Big Mac told him, "Besides, you act like there's only one possible outcome to the duel."

"Well there is," Spike replied a little frustrated, "And you can let me go now."

“Okay, but there's one more reason why I chose you,” Big Mac said releasing him, “I saw the way you looked at Discord when he defeated Apple Bloom, that look you gave him, you wanted to put him in his place because you wanted to defend her, right?”

Spike blushed when he heard Big Mac, he couldn't believe he discovered it with just that look.

"Daww Spike, is that right? How cute," Apple Bloom told him.

"That's true, but in the end I can't do anything, I have strong cards, but I'm not a Pro Duelist," Spike replied, lowering his head, "I don't even know if I put my deck together right."

“And that's where I come in,” Big Mac told him, “didn't you wonder why I told him to wait 15 minutes?”

Spike shook his head.

“Because we'll use those 15 minutes to improve your deck,” Big Mac told him.

Spike's eyes widened at hearing this.


15 minutes later.

Discord was waiting with his Duel Disk active, just like Spike and Big Mac's, his Duel Disk was one that still needed cards, his Disk was 2 colors, green and brown.

And at that moment, Spike approached with a somewhat nervous look, his Duel Disk was also active.

"Good luck Spike," Apple Bloom told him.

Spike smiled nervously, still a little scared by the opponent he was going to face, so much so that Heathspike had to comfort him, "Relax, it's just a duel for fun, stay calm."

Spike calmed down as best he could but it was only just until he heard Discord speak, "I see you didn't chicken out and ran away, I respect that."

Spike glared at him, "Why has every Pro Duelist I've fought told me that?"

Discord just smiled, "Alright, we all know, the winner of the duel will face Big Mac and the loser should join this team because he clearly needs to grow as a duelist."

“That's fine with me,” Spike said, he was relieved that he was already part of the team, good thing Discord didn't know.

At least until they told him.

"But Spike's already part of the team," Sweetie Belle yelled.

"Oh really?" Discord asked.

“Yeah, you should agree to something else,” Scootaloo added.

"Don't help me girls," Spike told them.

"Ok how about this, if I lose, I'll join this team," Discord said, then pointed at Spike, "But if you lose, you'll give me your pants."

"Wait what?" Spike exclaimed, "That's ridiculous."

"He agrees, let the duel begin," Big Mac said.

"Wait Mac, I didn't agree to this," Spike said but was interrupted when all the team members yelled:

"DUEL!"

"Oh it's late," Spike said with a hand to his forehead, "Great, my mom bought me these pants."

Spike: 4000 LP
Discord: 4000 LP

“I'll go first, and I'm going to start by activating my spell card, Toon World,” Discord said as he activated his card.

A huge book appeared, manifesting some kind of castle.

"Bad apples, he started off good, he started off that way in his duel against me," said Apple Bloom.

Spike: 4000 LP
Discord: 3000 LP

"Hey, wait a minute, what happened?" Spike asked.

“I paid 1000 points to activate my card,” Discord replied as he pulled another glass of milk from his hat.

"But it doesn't make sense," Spike said as he analyzed the card, "That spell card just says you have to pay 1000 points to activate it, how does that benefit you?"

"You'll find out on my next turn," Discord replied with a wicked grin.

Spike just gritted his teeth and let Discord continue his play.

"Now I'll summon Toon Gemini Elf," Discord said as a species of elves in elegant blue and purple dresses appeared on the field, Spike had seen a similar card in the past. (ATK 1900/DEF 900/Lv 4)

"Toon Gemini Elf, wait a minute," Spike said intrigued, but was interrupted by Discord who stated his theory.

“That's right, it's a different version of the classic Gemini Elf,” Discord replied, “In fact, almost all of my deck is a cartoon version of classic monsters, welcome to my kingdom, this is the chaotic, Toon Deck.”

"Toon Deck, great," Spike said sarcastically, "I like to fight decks I don't know."

He looked nervously at his cards, then looked at Big Mac who just smiled at him.

"Although I shouldn't worry so much, it's just a normal duel," Spike said, but then he remembered that he would lose his pants in the worst case, the thought of which upset him a little.

“I now activate my spell card, TV Repetition,” Discord activated another card and at that moment other Toon Gemini Elfs appeared on the field. (ATK 1900/DEF 900/Lv 4)

Spike frowned, "Now there are 2, making 4 in all."

"What's wrong Spike? Are you seeing double?" Discord asked with a chuckle, "TV Rep allows me to summon another Toon from my deck with the same name as one I control, but its effects are negated until end of turn, which isn't a problem for me."

“Damn, now he summoned 2 strong monsters,” Sweetie Belle said worriedly.

“Now I will set 2 cards face down and end my turn.”

2 cards manifested in Discord field.

"Remember Spike," Heathspike told him, "It doesn't matter who our opponent is."

Spike nodded seriously and pulled a card from his deck, "My turn, draw."

"This time I have to be smart and take some time to read his cards," Spike thought as he used his Duel Disk to learn the effects of the Toon Gemini Elf.

“Look at this, reading your opponent's card effects, you make me proud,” Heathspike told him.

After a few seconds of reading, Spike understood the situation, "I got you, your Toon monsters will be destroyed if I destroy your Toon World."

Discord frowned, "Knowing won't help you at all."

"On the contrary, it will help me a lot, because I'm going to activate my spell card, Mystical Space Typhoon," Spike activated a card which generated a storm on the field.

“Grr, Mystic Space Typhoon, a card that can destroy a spell or trap card on the field, how cunning,” Discord said as the storm began to attack his Toon World.

"Thanks," Spike replied with a smile.

“But not cunning enough,” Discord said as he activated a trap card, which caused the storm to stop.

"Wait a minute? How come Toon World hasn't been destroyed?" Spike asked in amazement.

"Because I activated my trap card, brat," Discord said as he discarded a card, in turn a blue turbine with kanjis appeared on the field, "Spell Shield Type-8."

“That thing can negate the activation of a spell card,” Scootaloo said worriedly.

Spike frowned, "Damn."

“You thought I wouldn't protect my Toon World knowing that it's the only thing that protects my monsters, I admit I'm a little nutty but I'm not stupid,” Discord told him while sticking out his tongue.

"Grrr, so if I can't destroy your Toons, I'll at least destroy one, I summon Master Pendulum the Dracoslayer," Spike summoned his normal pendulum monster. (ATK 1950/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 3)

"Dracoslayer, interesting," Discord thought.

"Master Pendulum, run through that pair of elves," Spike ordered to which Master Pendulum used his spear to attack the Gemini Elf, who tried to run but were tripped.

Spike: 4000 LP
Discord: 2950 LP

“Nice,” Spike cheered.

“It's too early to celebrate, I'll revive the Toon Gemini Elf with my trap card, Call of The Haunted,” Discord said as a tomb appeared, the tomb exploded and the Toon Gemini Elfs that had been destroyed emerged from it.

"No, with what it took me to destroy them," Spike said in frustration.

“Next turn will definitely be very painful,” Heathspike said knowing the effect of those monsters.

"Don't worry Spike, you can still do more things," Big Mac yelled at him.

"That's right," Spike thought as he laid out a card, "Setting a card face down, and end my turn."

“Then it's my turn, Draw,” Discord said as he drew a new card from his deck, then did a backflip.

"Oh no, now you'll know how horrible Toon Monsters are one turn after they're summoned," Apple Bloom said fearfully.

“I know sister,” Big Mac told her as he hugged her.

The reason was because of one of its effects.

“Now my Elves,” Discord yelled as the four elves led their attack, “Attack him directly.”

Spike gritted his teeth as he watched Discord's toon monsters head towards him.

POW.

The 4 elves kicked Spike sending him flying.

"AHHHHH," Spike yelled as he fell to the ground, Spike groaning as he recovered, "I know they're holograms, but I could swear one of those elves hit me in my draconic gems."

Spike: 200 LP
Discord: 2950 LP

“Oh no, even I felt that,” Rumble said.

“Oh hehe, and here comes the funniest part, when my elves deal damage to the opponent, they will have to discard a random card,” Discord said.

"And what's so fun about that?" Spike asked still on the ground.

"It's fun for me, ladies, do your thing," Discord replied as the elves took 2 cards from Spike's hand and sent them to the graveyard.

"I knew this would happen," Spike said, "Good thing I have a backup plan."

“I'm sorry to say that back-up plan won't work for you,” Discord told him, at which point, the 4 elves turned to dust, “Because now you'll know the definition of chaos turned into a Toon, destroying 1, 2 or 3 Toon monsters, I can special summon it from my hand.”

"Now, making this world much more chaotic than it already is, spread discord across the battlefield and plunge my opponent into eternal madness, appears, TOON DRACONECUS."

A portal opened, a creature with the appearance of a snake appeared from it, it had a dragon's claw and wing, an eagle's wing, a lion's paw and 2 different legs, the strangest thing was its face, which resembled Discord, what stood out the most were his yellow and red eyes. (ATK 2800/DEF 1400/Lv 9)

Spike swallowed as he witnessed such a creature that seemed to look at him in the same mocking way that Discord did.

"Isn't it lovely?" asked Discord.

"Umm, I think so," Spike replied nervously.

"Good, because now you will know its effect, it has 3 effects which I can activate in the same turn, but that depends on the monsters I destroyed, if I destroyed a monster it only activated one effect, if there are 2, then 2 effects, do you understand where am I going to with this?

Spike nodded.

“Okay and here are the effects,” Discord continued, “The first effect, once per turn in my End Phase I can deal 1000 damage if my opponent has more than 1000 Life Points.”

Spike was relieved, "Ok I'm lucky, he can't use that effect, it makes sense because he only use 2 monsters."

Discord continued, “The second effect, in my End Phase my opponent discards a random card.”

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY?" the Crusaders yelled at the same time.

“That pretty much leaves me with no cards in my hand,” Spike said as he discarded his last card.

“I know,” Discord replied with a laugh, “And the third effect, once per turn in my End Phase, I can destroy a monster on the field.”

"Wait, wait, don't make a rash decision," Spike implored.

Worse, Discord ignored him and snapped his fingers, at that moment, Master Pendulum exploded into a thousand pieces.

"Ahhh," Spike yelled as the Toon Draconecus sneered.

“Grr, I dislike that guy more and more,” Heathspike said.

"Do you mean the duelist or his monster?" Spike asked.

“I think both of them,” the Duel Spirit replied, “But that doesn't matter now, since it's your turn.”

"That if it's my turn, I'll need a miracle," Spike said pulling a card from his deck.

Pulling it out, Spike was surprised, "Our deck hasn't abandoned us."

But before making a move, he saw the Draconecus who was watching him with a mocking look.

"We can't risk too much this turn, but it's the best I can think of," Spike thought, and at that moment he placed a card face down, "Setting one face down, and now I end my turn."

“Oh no, he couldn't do anything,” Sweetie Belle said worriedly.

"He couldn't do much with one card in a pendulum deck, even if it's crazy, it was his best option," Apple Bloom added, "I think so."

"Just a face down card," Discord said as he pulled another card from his deck, "It's like you didn't even try, Spike."

Spike grew more and more nervous, "My heartbeat... I can feel it."

But Big Mac was looking at him seriously, he trusted Spike.

“Time to get this over with,” Discord said.

"Not so fast Discord, I activate my trap card, Threatening Roar," Spike said as he activated his other card face down, from it, a beast emerged and roared at the Toon Draconecus causing him to get scared, "Now you can't declare an attack this turn.”

"Oh, come on, you're just buying time, if that's the case then I'll activate Swords of Revealing Light," Discord activated a spell card, immediately afterwards a rain of swords engulfed the field in light, "You won't be able to declare an attack in 3 turns either.”

“Like I could attack that thing,” Spike hissed, clearly referring to the Toon Draconecus.

“Now my turn is over,” Discord said.

"My turn," Spike said as he placed his finger on his deck, "One winning card please."

Spike took out the card, when he saw it he regained the hope of winning.

"That look, tell me you got it," Heathspike told him to which Spike nodded, "Great, then it's now or never."

"Okay but first, I'll activate my face down card, Pot of Greed," Spike said as he activated his card.

Discord raised an eyebrow.

“Now I draw 2 new cards, and those cards are the ones that will define the winner,” said Spike.

“Then take them out Spike, and let's see if you can flip it,” Discord yelled, his eyes spiraling.

"My cards, please come to me," Spike yelled as he pulled them out, "Sweet."

“Judging by Spike's reaction, it looks like I got something good,” Cheerilee announced.

“First I'll activate the effect of my Supreme King Dragon Darkwurm in my graveyard, if I don't control monsters on my field, I can Special Summon it,” Spike said as an intimidating-looking dragon with dull green and black colors emerged from the graveyard. (ATK 1800/DEF 1200/Lv 4/P 5)

“That was my fault,” Discord said, that dragon made it to the graveyard thanks to his discard effect from his Toons.

"Now my new card, Draco Face-Off," Spike activated a spell card, from which 2 portals appeared on the field, one light and one dark.

From the portal of light, Master Pendulum the Dracoslayer appeared and from the portal of darkness came a monster which was a human with black armor, a hairstyle similar to that of master pendulum and used a scepter of dark energy.

“I reveal a Dracoslayer and a Dracoverlord and I can randomly Summon one and send the other to the Extra Deck,” Spike said as the monsters prepared themselves.

"Dracoverlord?" Scootaloo and Rumble wondered.


A few minutes before.

Big Mac was looking for cards in a box, "I think I have them here."

"Big Mac?" Spike asked.

"Gotcha, I found them," Big Mac said with new cards in his hand, which he handed over to Spike, "Here Spike, for you."

"Big Mac," Spike was touched, "You didn't have to do this."

"Well, seeing your deck, I thought it was missing something, I was hesitating to give it to you, due to its attribute, which doesn't seem to be right for you."

Spike understood what he meant, those monsters were dark, Spike hated the dark, it hurt, it was melancholic, that's why he hadn't dared to put those monsters in his deck.

“But my father taught me, that there is no light without darkness, and that is what your new deck will symbolize,” Big Mac told him.

Spike smiled, then turned to Heathspike, "What do you think of this?"

"Well, sometimes you have to side with your enemies, so that's fine with me," Heathspike told him.

"Now go out and give him a battle that lunatic will never forget," Apple Bloom told him.


“This is my new deck, one that uses the power of light and darkness, Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord,” Spike said as Master Pendulum was summoned onto the field. (ATK 1950/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 3)

“I don't care how much you've improved your deck, you won't beat Toon Draconecus,” Discord told him.

"Then check this out, I'll fuse Master Pendulum with the Darkwurm," Spike said as their monsters turned to energy and combined.

"A fusion summon without using Polymerization?" Sweetie Belle wondered.

"That's right Sweetie Belle, it's a contact fusion," Big Mac replied.

“With the strength of the Dinomist union and the force of the seven seas, upgrade your armor power and blast your way through this web, FUSION SUMMON.”

From a kind of waterfall, a monster similar to Master Pendulum appeared which now had a blue armor which seemed to be much heavier, to the point that it seemed to be using a kind of mobile suit, "DINOSTER POWER THE MIGHTY DRACOSLAYER." (ATK 2000/DEF 2950/Lv 8)

Discord frowned.

“I activate Dinoster's effect, revive Luster Pendulum,” Spike said as Luster Pendulum the Dracoslayer was summoned from the graveyard. (ATK 1850/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 5)

“Dinoster's special effect, being able to summon a Dracoslayer from the graveyard,” Cheerilee announced.

"Now my last spell card, A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon," Spike activated the card, immediately afterwards, Dinoster disappeared from the field, "I return a level 5 or higher dragon to my hand, so I can destroy all spell and trap cards in the field."

“Say what,” Discord exclaimed as his swords and Toon World were destroyed.

"If you can't take the heat, don't face the dragon," Spike said with a smile.

And at that time, because Toon World was destroyed…

“Toon Draconecus, NOOOOO,” Discord yelled as his Toon Draconecus exploded, leaving confetti strewn across his field.

"That's one of the disadvantages of Toon monsters, most of them can't use their effects without Toon World present," Cheerilee announced, "But if Toon World is destroyed, any Toon monsters present on the field are also destroyed."

"Now Spike," Heathspike told him.

"Yes captain, I summon Vector Pendulum," Spike said as from his hand, he summoned another copy of his dark pendulum. (ATK 1850/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 3)

“Uh oh,” Discord exclaimed as his pants fell off.

"Now my Dracos, ATTACK," Spike yelled as his monsters hurled their weapons at Discord.

“AHHHH,” Discord yelled as he was thrown back.

Spike: 200 LP (WINNER)
Discord: 0 LP

“The winner is our young rookie, SPIKE,” Cheerilee announced with all her energy.

The lair was soon filled with applause and praise for the winner.

But the most surprised was Spike, who was still in shock, but seeing Discord on the ground with spirals in his eyes, he realized the result, "I, I beat him."

“Spike, he won,” the Crusaders said at the same time.

Spike smiled and raised his arm in victory, he couldn't believe what was happening, and at that moment, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“You did great Spike, you made light and dark work in your deck, and you planned a good strategy, that's one of the many things that defines a duelist,” Big Mac told him.

Spike smiled, "Thanks Big Mac, for everything."

Big Mac smiled.

Spike chuckled, "You know, I think you might like my older brother, he used to teach me this kind of stuff."

Big Mac smiled, "I hope to meet him one day."

“Hey, it's not time to go yet,” Cheerilee narrated, “The deal for this duel was that the winner would face Big Mac.”

Spike's eyes widened in surprise, forgetting the reason he was having this duel in the first place.

"Well, what do you say Spike, ready to fight the team leader," Apple Bloom approached.

Spike looked at Big Mac who gave him an excited smile, he also smiled excitedly, "I'm ready."

Author's Note:

I hope I have recreated the madness of Discord in a world like Equestria without magic, what do you think of his Toon deck?