• Published 25th Mar 2023
  • 1,556 Views, 110 Comments

Yugioh Defenders of Harmony - MechaTomX



A young teenager will stand out in the game of Duel Monsters, with the help of his friends, he will face great challenges, such as the threat of some Pro Duelists who threaten to end the fun of the game.

  • ...
16
 110
 1,556

Second Turn: The Challenge of Kerberos

The duel between Spike and Rover had begun, one where Spike put his cards and money on the line, he wasn't going to let himself lose, especially against a beginner like Rover.

"DUEL!" Spike and Rover yelled at the same time.

Spike: 4000 LP
Rover: 4000 LP

"Since I'm feeling more benevolent than usual today, I'll let you have the first turn," Rover told him, "You'll thank me by giving me your best cards when this is over."

Spike frowned, Rover wasn't being benevolent, the rules stated that the first player couldn't draw a card in the Draw Phase.

"He probably saw my deck and I guess I guess it works best starting on turn 2, but I won't let something that small stop me," Spike said, "Then I'll start."

Spike looked at his cards, and even if he had a monster to start with, he still couldn't make the summon that defined his deck, “Even though Rover is a beginner like me, I can't underestimate him, and not knowing what his deck is like, going to the offense will be my best option, so I can gain a slight advantage.”

Rover raised an eyebrow when he saw that Spike was planning something and it was because Spike made the first summon.

"I summon Luster Pendulum the Dracoslayer," Spike placed a card on the energy blade generated by the Duel Disk, on the field, a humanoid creature with silver armor manifested, the creature had wings and a dragon's tail, it wore a helm that it resembled the head of a dragon and carried a sword and shield. (ATK 1850/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 5)

“I'll end my turn by setting 2 cards face down,” Spike said as he set 2 cards on his Duel Disk which manifested on the field.


“Its a Dracoslayer Deck,” Sweetie Belle said in surprise.

“The quintessential pendulum deck,” said Apple Bloom.

“But I thought Dracoslayers shined better when supporting other pendulum decks, I didn't think they were good on their own deck,” Scootaloo said.

"You'd be surprised to see what a deck can do, I've met the Dracoslayers, from what I saw, it was the story of a warrior turned into a dragon who allied himself with great clans of the pendulum," said a voice to which only Scootaloo could hear.

Scootaloo smiled, she pulled out a card from her deck, "You're right Rumble, no duelist or monster should be underestimated."

"But remember that we are the best," said that voice from the card.

“You betcha,” Scootaloo replied.


"So far so good," Twilight Sparkle said as she saw the monster her brother summoned.

“Dracoslayer, hmm,” Rainbow Dash said thoughtfully.

"Oh, so your little brother is also a pendulum duelist," Rarity told her.

Twilight smiled, "I remember that since he was little Spike liked dragons, we thought about what deck would work for him, then when the pendulums arrived, Spike was fascinated, so he didn't think twice and decided to use a Dracoslayer deck."

"That's a great reason to build a deck," Fluttershy added with a smile, "I built my deck that way."

"Yes, I really like pendulums, they're so much fun," Pinkie Pie said excitedly.

"Pinkie, you don't play Pendulums," Applejack told her.

"I know, but that kind of summoning is still a lot of fun," Pinkie replied.


"Nice monster, but it won't do any good," Rover said as a card materialized in front of him, "Now I'll show you what a real play is."

Spike frowned at that, "Here it comes."

“I summon Assault Dog in attack mode,” Rover said, one of the holographic cards in front of him disappearing and at that moment some kind of dog that seemed to be fused with a firearm manifested on the field. (ATK 1200/DEF 800/Lv 4)

Spike, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo were all confused.

"Summoned such a weak monster in attack mode?" Spike wondered.


“What a stupid move,” said Apple Bloom.

“I know, Rover will be good at bullying people, but he's not good at playing Duel Monsters,” Sweetie Belle commented with a smirk.

"Have he made a mistake?" Scootaloo wondered, suddenly the card she was holding began to glow.

"I don't think so Scoots, he may be stupid but not that much, he must plan something."


"Why did you summon that monster knowing that it can't defeat mine?" Spike asked.

"Because I'm not going into the Battle Phase yet," Rover replied with a wicked grin, "I activate the spell card, Dogpound Chain."

“Dogpound Chain?” Spike wondered.

At that moment, Assault Dog barked, chains came out of his back and became entangled in Luster Pendulum's sword and shield.

“This card can only be activated if I have a monster with Dog in the name, it allows me to select one of your monsters, and since you only have one I choose Luster Pendulum,” Rover replied pointing to his monster.

"So?" Spike asked again.

“And for the rest of the duel, that monster can't be used as Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz material,” Rover said with a smirk.

"WHAT?" Spike exclaimed.


"WHAT?" Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom exclaimed at the same time.


"Oh no, this is bad," Fluttershy said.

"It's worse," Twilight Sparkle added with concern.

"Because?" Rarity asked.

"Because Spike's deck often depends on his extra deck," Twilight replied, "But now Rover blocked that possibility."

"Never mind Twilight, Spike will find a way out of this," Applejack soothed.

Twilight thought for a moment, but then smiled, "You're right, Rover must have blocked it, but that doesn't change the fact that he made a mistake and summoned such a weak monster."

“Which means this is his chance,” Rainbow Dash said.

"Come on Spike, attack him," Pinkie Pie yelled.


“Lastly, I'll just set one card face down and end my turn,” Rover said as another of the holographic cards in front of him disappeared and manifested on the field.

"He wants to provoke me, but the duel won't get anywhere if I don't move, my turn, Draw," Spike said as he drew a card from his deck, Spike smiled seeing her.

“No matter what you pull, you won't be able to do anything to me this turn,” Rover sneered at him.

"Oh yeah, so how about this, I activate my trap card, Draco Reinforcements," Spike replied as he pressed a key on his Duel Disk, this caused one of the cards on Spike's field to rise up revealing, "If I control a Dragon Pendulum on the field, I can send a card from my deck with the same name to the graveyard, that will allow me to draw 2 new cards from my deck.”

Rover frowned.

At that moment Spike took out 2 cards from his deck, seeing them he smiled again, "Everything is ready, it's time to make a pendulum summon."

But at that moment, during his Standby Phase, Rover activated a trap card.

"I don't think so, stupid kid, I activate my trap card, Anti-Spell Fragrance," Rover said as a kind of pot with a sinister smile on it appeared on the field and began to expel a cloud of green smoke that covered everything on the field, "When this card is active, neither player will be able to activate spell cards, to do so, we will have to set them first and wait one turn to activate them."

"And how do you think that affects me, I remind you that it's my turn and I can still..." Spike said, not realizing the mess he was in, at that moment, Spike stopped and after a few seconds he could understand what that fragrance implied, “Wait a minute, oh no.”


“Anti-Spell Fragrance,” Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo yelled worriedly at the same time.


"Oh no, that damn card," Twilight Sparkle said with a bit of fury in her eyes.

"What's the problem dear?" Rarity asked.

"Think about it Rarity, neither of them will be able to activate spell cards without setting it up first, but Spike uses pendulums," Twilight replied, "And pendulums are also considered spell cards."

In that moment, Rarity understood the situation and understood Spike's unpleasant situation, "And pendulums cannot be set in the Pendulum Zone."

“Which means the little one won't be able to use the Pendulum Summon,” Rainbow Dash added with concern.

"Things got tough for him, but he's not done yet," Applejack said firmly.

“Spike, don't give up, you can win, I trust you,” Twilight Sparkle said as she clasped her hands.


"Damn, he blocked my Pendulum Summon," Spike said furiously as he glared at Rover.

"What's the matter wimpy, you can still give up if you want," Rover told him, taunting him.

But at that moment, Spike decided to remain calm and smiled, something that made Rover angry, "Rover, your strategy to negate my Pendulum Summons was powerful, but you made a mistake."

"Oh yes, and what mistake did I make?" asked Rover who didn't seem to care at all.

“That now that you don't have any cards face down, you left your dog unguarded,” Spike told him.

“Wait what?” Rover wondered, then looked at the screen of his Duel Disk, Spike thought it was a bit silly to do that since he could just see the field, "Damn, I left the Assault Dog in attack mode."

"And that mistake will cost you, now I will summon Master Pendulum the Dracoslayer," Spike placed another card on the energy blade generated by the Duel Disk, on the field, a humanoid creature very similar to Luster Pendulum manifested, but for some reason reason, it looked very powerful, it wore golden armor, the creature had wings and a dragon's tail, it wore a helmet that resembled the head of a dragon, but from that helmet came long blonde hair, accompanied by the addition of 2 red horns that made the draconic warrior look even more dangerous and as for his weapons, like Luster Pendulum, he also carried a sword and a shield. (ATK 1950/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 3)

“Hmm, that might be a problem, but thanks to my chain, he won't be able to extra-summon with that other monster,” Rover said with a confident smile.

"I'm going to wipe that smile off your ugly face," Spike said, "Master Pendulum attack his Assault Dog."

At that moment Master Pendulum flew directly towards Assault Dog while waving his sword.

"Idiot, did you really think that I'm that stupid?" Rover asked making Spike startle at his high pitched voice.

"Huh?" Spike wondered.

“From my hand I activate Rescue Dog's effect by sending it to the graveyard,” Rover said as one of his holographic cards disappeared, a dog wearing a yellow helmet and carrying 2 pistols on its back appeared on the field.

“A Hand Trap,” Spike exclaimed upon seeing him, Hand Trap is a term for monsters that can be activated on the opponent's turn, mostly by sending them to the Graveyard, “That's why he didn't bother putting any more cards face down.”

“You're right, I can have my surprises,” Rover replied, “But now my Rescue Dog's effect will activate, during this turn, I won't take battle damage involving Dog monsters and not only that, but also I can select one of your monsters and deal damage to you equal to half of its original attack, and of course I choose Master Pendulum.”

“Rats,” Spike said, scared by the damage the canine was going to inflict on him.

"Now Rescue Dog, starburst," Rover yelled as the Rescue Dog fired a burst of bullets straight at Spike.

BAM, BAM, BAM.

“AHHHHHHH,” Spike yelled as he was hit by the Rescue Dog's gunfire.


"Spike," Twilight Sparkle yelled.


"Grgghh," Spike grumbled as he recovered.

Spike: 3025 LP
Rover: 4000 LP

"I don't care, that won't stop it from destroying your Assault Dog," Spike said as Master Pendulum continued his attack, he stabbed at the dog, destroying it.

"Nice," Spike said smiling, but his happiness was short-lived, when after destroying it he saw another 2 Assault Dogs appear on the field, "Am I seeing double?"

"No dummy, it's the effect of my Assault Dog, when it's destroyed by battle I can summon another 2 Assault Dogs from my deck," Rover replied as the dogs stood in front of him as if they wanted to protect him. (ATK 1200/DEF 800/Lv 4)X2


"Are you serious?" Scootaloo asked.

“Oh come on,” Sweetie Belle yelled, frustrated that Rover still hadn't lost a single life point.


“Are you kidding me?” Spike asked.

"Hey, you're the one who decided not to read the effect of my card, so shame on you," Rover told him with a sneer.

Spike didn't say anything, he just glared at Rover, it was true if he had read the card maybe he could figure out a way to stop him, that was one of Spike's problems, being a little impulsive in his duels, "Ahhh, why am I so stupid?

Spike: 3025 LP
Rover: 4000 LP


"Well, I think that's an easy mistake to make," Fluttershy said.

“I know what you're talking about, Rainbow makes a lot of those even today,” AJ added.

“Hey, I hear that,” Rainbow exclaimed.


"Then I have no choice, I can only attack, Luster Pendulum, attack his other dog," Spike ordered as Luster Pendulum stabbed an Assault Dog destroying it, leaving Rover with only one Assault Dog.

Rover glared at Spike.

"I'll set a card face down and end my turn," Spike said as he set a card which manifested on the field, "With that trap blocking my pendulums it will be difficult for me to come back, but all is not lost, Rover only has left a monster which it can no longer use its effect, I'll be fine."

"If you think you're going to be fine, you're wrong, my turn, draw," Rover told him as a holographic card appeared in front of him.

"Oh no, was I just thinking out loud?" Spike asked a little embarrassed looking at Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.


“Yes,” the 3 girls replied at the same time with a deadpan look.


“Hahaha, you couldn't be more stupid, if you gave me a dollar for every brain you don't have I'd get 2 dollars,” Rover sneered at him.

"That doesn't even make sense," Spike replied.

"And what does it matter, you're going to lose anyway, because I'll tribute my last Assault Dog, I tribute summon SWAT Orthros," at that moment, the last Assault Dog was sent to the graveyard generating a portal on the field and from there, a huge dog emerged, it was the size of a lion, the dog was loaded with shields and bulletproof vests and wore a helmet with protective glasses, but the most terrifying thing was its head or rather... Its 2 heads. (ATK 2000/DEF 2000/Lv 7)

"I guess I won't be able to sleep well tonight," was the only thing Spike could say when he saw that monster, it looked quite intimidating.

“And I bet you want to know how I was able to summon it with a single tribute, since being level 7 it should have been 2 tributes,” Rover told him.

"Not really," Spike replied, still looking at the Orthros.

"Too bad because I'm going to explain it to you anyway," Rover told him causing Spike to sigh, "Normally it requires 2 tributes but if it's summoned with a Dog monster I can reduce it to one."

"Wonderful," Spike replied sarcastically.

"Be careful brat, I can easily detect sarcasm," Rover demanded, "But I'm not done yet, I activate SWAT Orthros's effect, once per turn, banishing a Dog from my graveyard I can draw 2 cards."

At that moment, Rescue Dog was seen freeing himself from the graveyard going out of the game, 2 holographic cards appeared in front of Rover, seeing them he smiled evilly as if something sinister was planning, he quickly looked at Spike and spoke to him, "It's your funeral. ”

Spike swallowed at that.

"Now, I will banish 3 Dogs from my graveyard, to special summon him," at that moment all the monsters in Rover's graveyard left the game, that's when Rover made his summoning chant, "Hunting those who will be punished with the violent hand of injustice, appears, SWAT KERBEROS.”

That was when a portal even bigger than SWAT Orthros's appeared on the field, a similar monster emerged from the portal, only this one had a colossal size, as if it were a dinosaur, the new monster had the same equipment as SWAT Orthtos, but there was a detail that made Spike almost lose consciousness... It had 3 heads.

“Ahhhh,” Spike yelled in fright, pointing at SWAT Kerberos. (ATK 3000/DEF 3000/Lv 10)

"I see you're scared, so you're doing the right thing," Rover told him, threatening him.


"It can't be, that beast is huge," Sweetie Belle said pointing at Rover's monster.

"Wait, something's not right, Rover said he was a beginner, but I think he's hiding something," Scootaloo said.

"I'll look it up on the net, there must be some information about their duels," Apple Bloom said as she checked her cell phone to investigate Rover, after a few seconds she found information, she gasped as she read it, "Oh no, girls, this is worse than we thought."

Reading, Sweetie Belle quickly yelled at Spike, "Spike, be careful, that boy is not a beginner."


Spike listened carefully, he also suspected that Rover was not a beginner, but hearing someone else come to the same conclusion confirmed his suspicions, "Rover, you?"

“Hehehe, I'm Rover, a Pro Duelist, the leader of the duelist gang known as The Diamond Dogs,” Rover replied with a wicked grin.

Hearing that, Spike blamed himself again for not investigating Rover when he had the chance, he had heard of the powerful Diamond Dogs gang, but never imagined that their leader attended the same school.

“Now you will bite the dust, because I will activate the other effect of Otrhros, whose power is to give 1000 extra attack points to a monster on the field other than him, and I choose Kerberos,” Rover said as SWAT Kerberos began to increase his size at the same time his attack points increased. (ATK 4000)

“4000 attack points,” Spike said, feeling helpless.

"And to seal your coffin I'll activate this trap from my hand," Rover told him to which Spike was surprised, "A trap directly from your hand?"

“Precisely,” Rover replied as a trap card manifested on the field, “Collar of Thorns, I can activate this trap from my hand in my Main Phase and only if I have 3 or more Banished Dog monsters, during this turn, all damage of battle you receive… WILL BE DOUBLED.”

Rover yelled that last part causing Spike to swallow, "This can't get any worse."

When the trap was activated, it gave the dogs a collar of thorns, making them look more dangerous than they already were.


“Do something Spike,” Sweetie Belle yelled.

"Tell me you have a plan," Apple Bloom spoke to them.

“We can only trust your face down card,” Scootaloo replied.


At which point Spike smiled, "That's a good card, too bad you wasted it."

"What are you talking about?" Rover asked.

"I mean, you won't be able to attack me, I activate my trap card, Threatening Roar," Spike said as he activated his other card face down, from it, a beast emerged and roared at the 2 dogs causing them to get scared, "Now you cant declare an attack this turn.”

But far from Rover getting upset he started laughing, "Hehehehe."

Like his 2 minions, "This is a joke, Hahahaha."

"Hahahahaha."

Spike became desperate for the laughter towards him and spoke to Rover furiously, "What's so funny?"

"That my SWAT Kerberos still has another effect, but first I'll set a card face down," Rover replied as another of his holographic cards disappeared in front of him and manifested on the field, "Activate Kerberos effect, if I go directly to the End Phase without having entered the Battle Phase this turn, I CAN DEAL YOU WITH DAMAGE EQUAL TO ITS ORIGINAL ATTACK.”

WAIT WHAT? Spike yelled.


“That would be 3,000 total points,” Scootaloo said in surprise.

“And it's all heading towards Spike,” Sweetie Belle added with concern.


"NO, WAIT," Spike yelled to which Rover ignored him.

"My turn..." Rover said, "It's over."

At that moment SWAT Kerberos began to load a kind of laser beam into its 3 mouths, at which point Rover yelled, "NOW KERBEROS, TRIPLE BEAM FROM THE UNDERWORLD."

Giving the order, Kerberos fired the triple beam which hit Spike directly.

"GYAHHHHHHHHH," Spike yelled as he took the impact of the attack which sent him flying, in turn the lightning caused a large cloud of smoke.

Spike: 25 LP
Rover: 4000 LP


"Spike, Spike, answer me," Twilight Sparkle yelled as she couldn't see Spike.

At that moment the smoke cleared, revealing Spike on the ground who appeared to be unconscious.

"Get up Spike, you can't give up, come on Spike, I believe in you," Twilight Sparkle yelled.

Spike slowly began to regain consciousness, hearing his sister's words, "Twi...Twilight."

But Rover heard that too, that's when he put the puzzle together in his mind, "Wait a minute, I know you."

Spike didn't say anything, but he didn't deny that it was strange for him that someone recognized him.

"You're the brother of Pro Duelists Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor, both of whom are great duelists," Rover said, then gave Spike a scornful look, "Unfortunately, the same can't be said for you."

Spike gritted his teeth as he listened to Rover who continued to speak.

"Just look at you, you're pathetic, you're not good at dueling, you probably don't even know the word victory, you're a disgrace to your family, I feel sorry for your older siblings, don't you feel sorry for continuing to exist?" Rover continued to mock him, “Hehehehe, whenever I see duelists like you, weaklings who don't stand a chance, I feel great anger seeing people like you continue to play this sacred game knowing that they will never win, that's why it will be so satisfying to kill you and with your duelist spirit.”

While Rover continued belittling him, Spike began to curse his own impotence and having accepted such a bet, he was not strong, he was not brave, he was just a cowardly boy, weak and easily intimidated by others, he did not want to be like that, he was fed up with being so, he wanted to be braver and stronger, to be someone nobody messed with and to be able to protect those he loved, he wanted to change once and for all, to be powerful, he wanted it with all his might.

At that moment, Spike tried to get up but couldn't, "You're nobody to talk to me like that."

"Hahahaha, that's the best thing you could think of to tell me," Rover continued mocking him, "You're wrong again, I'm a Pro Duelist, unlike you, I'm someone, and I'm not the only one who thinks that, in this school I'm sure there are other Pro Duelists who think the same way.”

At that moment different voices were heard, clearly coming from students who were Pro Duelists.

"Way to go Rover, take down that brat."

"Destroy him, he's a weakling, he deserves to be humiliated."

“Show him the superiority of a Pro Duelist.”


"Hey what the hell is going on?" asked Rainbow Dash.

“Unfortunately, it's true that there are Pro Duelists who think they're superior to other Duelists,” Applejack said.

"That's horrible, we're Pro Duelists but we wouldn't stoop to that level of arrogance," Pinkie Pie added.

"Please Spike, fight," Twilight Sparkle said.


But at that moment Spike heard a voice in his mind, "It's not over yet, Spike."

"Huh?" Spike turned but the voice didn't seem to come from anyone present.

"Hehe, do you see?" Rover asked, "You don't deserve to breathe the same air as a Pro Duelist, neither you nor those 3 weak girls."


Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle all hung their heads, clearly affected by what Rover said.


Those last words were the trigger, Spike got up still in a little pain, "You can insult me, you can hurt me, you can belittle me, BUT THOSE WHO DARE TO INSULT MY FRIENDS WILL PAY THE CONSEQUENCES, MY TURN, DRAW."

Spike yelled as he took out a card from his deck, Rover just laughed at him, it was another copy of Master Pendulum, but he felt something in his Extra Deck, so he quickly checked it, that's when he realized that the Link card that the mysterious man had given him began to glow, "What's going on?"

The card started to glow, but that's when it changed, now a monster could be seen in the image of the card, and the other missing things like the name, attribute, attack, and even the Link Arrows appeared, “This is…”

“Hey, I don't have all day,” Rover yelled at him.

But Spike didn't react, his face had taken on a seriousness that made Twilight and her friends uneasy, even Rover raised an eyebrow at him, "What's happening with you?"

"Your defeat, that's what's going to happen," Spike replied seriously.

"You're kidding, I still have my life points intact while you only have a measly 25 life points," Rover told him, "You can't beat me."

"You'd better shut your filthy mouth and let me continue my turn, or are you afraid of losing that you're just trying to delay the inevitable, you piece of trash," Spike insulted.

“WHY YOU LITTLE…” Rover reacted horribly to the insult.

"Now I will summon another Master Pendulum," Spike said as he placed his card, there appeared a second Master Pendulum. (ATK 1950/DEF 0/Lv 4/P 3)

"So? No matter how many monsters you summon, none will be able to defeat my Kerberos," Rover told him.

But Spike ignored him, "I have everything I need right now."

Rover glared at him as he felt that confidence emanating from him.

"Appear now, the circuit that will burn the future," Spike said as his 3 monsters began to glow in a red light at the same time that a circle appeared on the field which had 8 arrows similar to those of a Link Monster, "The condition to summon it is at least one Dracoslayer monster.”

"I'm placing Luster Pendulum and my 2 Master Pendulums on the Link Markers," Spike said as his monsters turned into energy which went to the bottom 3 arrows of the circle, which had lit up, now colored red.

"Appear, warrior flowing with the power of the dragon alchemy, whose body bears the scales of the brave hero who will fight to the end and spread his mystical fire on the battlefield, LINK SUMMON."

From the circle appeared a humanoid creature with draconic features that wore armor similar to that of Luster Pendulum and Master Pendulum, only this one was much larger, on its dragon tail there were protruding thorns, protruding from its helmet were 2 yellow horns and his hair had changed, now it was purple, but much longer, his wings were the same blue color as his tail, only that thorns also sprouted from these, as for his weapons, that humanoid dragon only used one huge sword that seemed to be only a little smaller than him, on his sword you could see the drawing of a claw, but what was most striking is that a part of his helmet had broken revealing his mouth from which protruded a large fang, "MASTER HEATHSPIKE, THE MYSTIC DRACOSLAYER." (ATK 2000/LINK-3)

Although Rover didn't want to admit it, he felt intimidated, it was the first time he had seen something like that.


“Wow girls, look at that monster,” Sweetie Belle pointed out, smiling.

“I have a feeling something good is going to happen,” said Apple Bloom.


"That card," Twilight Sparkle said in surprise, "wasn't in his deck."

"Guys, I'm not aware of that card," Rainbow Dash said.

"It must be new, dear," Rarity replied.

Seeing Spike's look, Twilight gave him her best support, "FINISH HIM, SPIKE."


Spike smiled at that, "Roger Twi."

(ATK 3000/Link-3)

"Why his attack points increase?" Rover asked feeling fear.

“Master Heathspike gains 500 attack points if I have a face-up Dracoslayer in my extra deck, and gains another 500 if I have a Dracoslayer in my graveyard,” Spike replied.

"But you don't have any…" Rover said but stopped when he remembered something.


A few minutes before.

"Oh yeah, so how about this, I activate my trap card, Draco Reinforcements," Spike replied as he pressed a key on his Duel Disk, this caused one of the cards on Spike's field to rise up revealing, "If I control a Dragon Pendulum on the field, I can send a card from my deck with the same name to the graveyard, that will allow me to draw 2 new cards from my deck.”


“Damn, he had it from the start,” Rover said.

"AND THAT'S NOT ALL," Spike yelled as Master Heathspike's sword was consumed by flames, "Banishing 1 Dracoslayer from my extra deck or graveyard I can add 1000 attack points to it until my End Phase." (ATK 4000/Link-3)

“This is unacceptable, it can't be true,” Rover said almost in shock.

"And now, reveal to you my last card face down, Megamorph," Spike pressed a key on his Duel Disk, so he was able to activate a spell card which made Master Heathspike grow, "If I have fewer life points than you and you know that It's true, Heathspike's attack is doubled." (ATK 8000/Link-3)

“8000 ATTACK POINTS?” Rover screamed in fright.


"8000 attack points," Twilight and her friends had gaped.


“8000 attack points,” Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom yelled at the same time in shock at what they had seen.


"BATTLE," Spike yelled as his dragon charged his sword at Kerberos, "MASTER HEATHSPIKE, ATTACK SWAT KERBEROS, MYSTIC CLAW STRIKE."

“Not so fast, I activate my trap card, Amber Pitfall, this will switch your monster to defense and it will have to stay that way,” Rover said, activating his card.

"Link's monsters have no Defense so it won't be affected by that card," Spike replied with a smile.


“DO IT SPIKE,” Sweetie Belle yelled.


"No, it's not possible, I'm the great Rover, I CAN'T LOSE TO A WEAKLING LIKE HIM, I DON'T INTEND TO ACCEPT IT."

"YOU'LL HAVE TO ACCEPT IT, THIS IS REALITY, FINISH IT," Spike yelled as Master Heathspike cleaved Kerberos in two, destroying it.

“AHHHHHHHHH,” Rover yelled as he was thrown back by the hard impact.

Spike: 25 LP (WINNER)
Rover: 0 LP

And at that moment, Spike's heart almost sank when he heard a voice addressing him, "Good job master, we managed to get the victory, I'll be honored to fight by your side in the next duels."

It was Master Heathspike The Mystic Dracoslayer, he was talking to him.

"WHOA, he can talk, how come no one else is listening," Spike thought, as Master Heathspike vanished as the duel ended.

"Ok, that was weird," Spike said, who seemed to have lost the seriousness he kept a few seconds ago, after that he saw that Rover was on the ground unconscious, "I, I beat him."

"No," Spike said as he took the card from Master Heathspike, "We beat him, without you I don't know what would have happened."

The public applauded with euphoria, especially his sister and friends.

"No, it can't be," Rover's friends said, "Rover lost."

At that moment they withdrew, leaving only Rover who was still unconscious.

“That's right, you better run,” Spike yelled at them, but at that moment he saw his friends run towards him to congratulate him, accidentally knocking him to the ground in the process.

PFTTT.

"Whoa."

"You did it Spike," Sweetie Belle congratulated him, hugging him, "You beat him."

“You beat Rover,” Apple Bloom told him.

“You ended their tyranny,” Scootaloo said, joking a little.

"Hehe, I don't think it's a big deal," Spike told them.

"It certainly is a big deal," Spike heard Twilight's voice, turned to see his sister with her friends.

Spike got up, there was a silence for a few seconds where Spike stared at Twilight without saying anything.

Not daring to break the silence but moving forward, Twilight walked up to Spike and gave him a big hug.

Spike accepted the warm hug breaking the silence, "Twilight, I."

But Twilight cut him off, "You're a great duelist Spike."

After they parted ways, Twilight spoke to her friends, "Girls, this is Spike, my little brother."

Spike realized that, although he knew them, it had only been from a distance and from some photographs, he didn't even know all their names, just like the girls who didn't know him at all either.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Spike greeted them showing his chivalry.

The girls introduced themselves.

"The pleasure is mine sugarcube, I am Applejack."

"I am Rainbow Dash, a powerful duelist."

"My name is Rarity, darling."

"My name is Pinkamena Diane Pie, but my friends call me Pinkie Pie and since we're friends now you can call me that too."

"And I'm Fluttershy," she said in a small voice.

“I also see that you already know our sisters,” AJ pointed out.

"Really, are they your sisters?" Spike asked his friends.

“Yes, Scootaloo is Rainbow Dash's little sister and Apple Bloom is Applejack's little sister, while Rarity is my big sister,” Sweetie Belle replied.

"Wow, what a coincidence," Spike replied.

"And it's a surprise that Twilight is your big sister, why didn't you say anything?" Scootaloo asked.

Spike didn't know what to answer, it's not like he wanted to hide it, he tried to say something but Twilight put her hand on his shoulder and smiled at him, "I think it's because Spike can shine on his own, without depending on me, and today he showed it to everyone."

Spike smiled, "Thank you sister."

"When you want brother," Twilight replied, "But if I could just know, how did you get into this?"

"It's a long story," Spike replied.

"We have time."

At that time Spike, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom explained everything that happened, from how Rover was threatening them, that he tried to take Spike's cards and everything, although Spike omitted the detail that his card speak to him, he believed that they would think he was crazy.

“How cruel,” Twilight said, disgusted by Rover's behavior, to which her friends agreed.

“That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen coming from a Pro Duelist,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Vulgar,” Rarity added.

“And cowardly,” AJ said.

"Yeah, there's no fun in that," Pinkie Pie said.

"At least you beat him Spike," Fluttershy told him.

“Yes, Spike is a hero,” Sweetie Belle said making Spike smile and blush.

But on the other hand, they heard murmurs, mostly from the Pro Duelists who were in favor of Rover.


"How could Rover have lost?"

"Did he make mistakes in the duel?"

"I think he just had really bad luck."

“Still, it bothers me that a Duelist like him managed to defeat a Pro.”

"Exactly, it's not right, the other Duelists are losers, they can't beat us Pros."

"I hope he mark his calendar, today was the luckiest day of his life."


“Ughh, how dare they say that,” Twiight Sparkle said, furious at those who belittled her little brother.

"Don't worry Twilight," Spike said as he approached the center, "I'll handle this."

"Something tells me you'll need this," Pinkie Pie tossed him a microphone.

"Thanks Pinkie," Spike grabbed the microphone and turned it on.

"Will you give me your attention please."

The public began to listen to what Spike wanted to express.

“Several of you Pro Duelists supported Rover and thought I was going to lose the duel,” Spike said, “I honestly don't blame you, who would have thought Rover would fall to someone like me.”

At that moment Spike did something that made almost everyone gasp, he used Rover (who was still unconscious) as a bench and stood on it.

"But it was wrong that you followed his ideal of supremacy, this guy threatened me, he threatened my friends, he belittled us for being weak, it is clear that he is a bad person and even so you were still on his side."


“Wow Burn,” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.


"And that's because you must also think that Duelists like me or my friends are weak for not being Pro, well let me tell you something, Duelists like me are worth the same as a Pro."

That statement angered several of the viewers.

"Retract yourself."

"Damned brat, you should know your place."

"I know my place," Spike said, "and thanks to that I was the winner."

"Who the hell do you think you are."

And Spike proudly declared in front of everyone, "My name is Spike and I'm going to beat all of you, that's a fact, and if there is a Pro out there who is against me, well, challenge me to show me otherwise, but I warn you that it will not be so easy, go ahead if someone has something to say.”

Of course, the Pro Duelists in the public had been offended by such a statement, but none of them said anything, since when they saw that this boy defeated Rover, one of the strongest, they thought that they were more than empty words.

"I thought so," Spike said, smiling and turning off the microphone at the same time.


“Wow, that takes courage,” AJ said.

"Spike can be a bit foolish and impulsive at times, but I'm proud of him," Twilight said.

“That was pretty bad ass, threatening those Pros,” Rainbow Dash said, “Though now I feel like I have to kick his ass.”

“Rainbow,” Fluttershy scolded.

"Calm down Flutters, it was just a joke."


As Spike left, he looked back at his Link Monster, "You and I will be unstoppable."

"You betcha," the Link Monster said it.

"Holy Guacamole, its true, Im not crazy, you can talk," said Spike as he left with his friends.

But from afar, a girl who seemed to be Twilight's age, was spying on him, that girl had red hair with yellow stripes, yellow skin, and wore a black leather jacket with black boots, the drawing of a sun on her shirt was seen.

"Wow, that guy has a future in dueling," she said with a smile, then she pulled a card from her Duel Disk, "What do you think Flash?"

"That he will be a worthy opponent, he and his Dracoslayer, I already want to fight him," came the voice coming from the card, which was a Link Monster that looked like a pegasus with blue mane and that on its back was carrying a shield with lightning.

Author's Note:

And this was the introduction, I hope you liked it, let me know in the comments what did you like the most, I will try to improve, aslo, I will no acept OCs in this story, I already have a plan for that but it only will be an OC, and well, you know, I wanted to give more prominence to other characters who regularly still don't have a major role in my other fanfics. That's why I made some characters into Duel Spirits.