• Published 5th Feb 2023
  • 6,833 Views, 397 Comments

How I started a war in a children cartoon - Netap



Dude gets Isekai'd into the body of The Storm King before he began his conquest.

  • ...
30
 397
 6,833

The Jungle Grootslang

"Come at me," As those words exited my mouth, I hoped from the bottom of my heart that my next few actions would be deemed by the cartoon logic running this universe to be Cool enough to get me through this.

The Beast roared at me, Its muscular clawed arms holding on to two pillars near the center of the room, like a gymnast pulling themselves up, and with a swipe of its green-scaled head, the large Elephant trunk moved in my direction.

"Shit!" I ignored the purple Unicorn behind me and let my body and mind carry me through.

I am The Storm King, A King who is a Storm.

Those words repeated in my head like a mantra as I deftly ducked below the giant trunk and kicked off the ground, sending me forward and spraying golden coins behind me as I ran over the pile of treasure.

Every step I took got me closer and closer to the pillar that the monster was holding with its left claw.

A sputtering bolt of blue electricity passed by my head, striking the Beast and singing some of its scales.

ROAR!!!!!!!!

"Stop hitting it!" I yelled behind me, hoping the Unicorn could hear me as I ran closer to the beast.


Fizzlepop Berrytwist couldn't prepare for how wrong things have gotten.

From the location of the Artifact she was searching for already being hunted by an armed force of trained soldiers, to her almost getting killed by that Crocodile with the Arbalest on his back,

However, none of those compared to what she was dealing with now.

A Jungle Grootslang, in an enclosed space no less, and with no staircase in site to lead her out.

If this was a Desert Grootslang she might have had a chance, but against a Jungle Grootslang?

Fizzlepop didn't want to die...

She glared at the beast, her horn shaking with effort as sweat pulled at her brow, and with a yell of effort she fired.

A weak, sputtering, harmless bolt of electricity.

ROAR!!!!!!!!

"Stop hitting it!" The creature that fell down into the room with her yelled at her as he ran closer to the Grootlsang, and Fizzlepop decided to listen to him.

Not because he told her to, but because she doesn't want to get eaten by the giant Snake-Elephant.


"MOVE ASIDE!" Jason didn't have the time to wait for his soldiers to listen to him as he barreled through the stone tunnel, making his way to the camp outside.

His king needed him.

"Jason! The Unicorn managed to slip by," Nestor, the Old Crocodile started talking as soon as he spotted the captain of the Argonauts.

"I KNOW!" Jason yelled as he ran by the aging Lizard and grabbed the first spear he could see.
"THE KING IS IN TROUBLE! GET AS MANY SOLDIERS AS YOU CAN AND GET READY!" His voice boomed across the clearing the three Argo ships stayed at, causing the meandering soldiers to start moving in a buzz as they got ready.

But he didn't wait for them, Jason ran back into the Temple, down the stone corridor, his spear in hand and his mask on his face.

And as soon as he reached the treasure room, he threw the spear.

And with eyes wide in shock, Jason watched as the spear sailed through the air, only to get caught in the hands of his King.

"Good job Jason!" The Storm King yelled as he grabbed the spear from midair, his steps sending gold flying behind him as he deftly jumped and ducked around the Giant Beast.

With one claw holding onto the Pillars, the Beast swiped at The Storm King, and using his newfound Spear like a pole, he vaulted over the muscular-clawed arm, landing on top of the limb, and continued running up the body of the monster.

"Amazing..." Jason whispered as he looked upon his King, his Emperor, His magnificent and wise ruler.


Running up scales? not as easy as it sounds I can tell you that.

But it didn't matter, I am The Storm King, A King who is a Storm.

And I am the villain of the story.

The Villain will not be defeated before the introduction of the heroes!

With a yell of Effort, I threw the spear at the Beast, Piercing its bicep as I ran up its arm before jumping into the air and landing on the spear, using it as a jumping platform to reach even higher and grab onto one of its tusks, swinging around the tusk like some sort of Donkey Kong character before letting go of it and letting the built-up momentum swing me even higher, landing on top of the beast, right in front of the Crystal Sword that pierced its forehead.

And as my hand grabbed onto the sword, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on edge, and I knew, This Artifact is Powerful.

And with a squelching noise, I pulled the blade out of the beast, and with a roar of agony it fell to the ground.

And as the beast landed on the pile of treasure, I took a few steps and a small hop as I too landed on my feet, leisurely making my way to the balcony where I came from, already seeing the Unicorn climbing up to the balcony, where Jason is waiting for me.

GRRRrrrrrrr...!

I stopped my walk and turned to look at the body of the beast.

The clearly still living body of the beast...

"...Fuck."

RRROOOAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!

The beast roared in rage, its saliva spraying out of its mouth as its trunk lifted up, sounding off like a trumpet.

I started walking faster.

The beast moved its clawed hands to grab hold of the pillars once again as it slowly pulled itself up.

I ran faster, "Jason! Get out of here!" I yelled at my favorite Minion.

"Your Majesty! I can't leave you like-!" I interrupted his yell as I told him I'll be fine, and with a look of reluctance, he turned his back on me and ran, followed closely by the Unicorn who managed to climb out.

With the Crystal Sword in one hand, I used my other hand to grab hold of the Amulet around my neck, The Second Artifact of King Twiga's Treasures.

The Orisa Eye.

And with a red glow to the amber in the center, The ground shook as stairs of Sand burst through the wall, allowing me to run up- The Ground Shook.

I turned quickly to look behind me, only to see the Beast pulling at the pillars in the center of the room with all its might, shaking the entire temple as it roared in rage.

I ran up the makeshift staircase, hoping that I'd make it before the entire mountain collapsed on top of me.

But it was too late.

And with a final roar of defiance and anger, the Beast toppled the pillars at the center of the treasure room.

And the entire temple collapsed.


"Jason! Where is His Majesty?!" Nestor called out as he saw the Storm Creature run out of the underground temple, followed by the Dark Orchid Unicorn.

"Quiet!" Jason yelled, "Get everybody gathered! We must get His Majesty out of-" Jason couldn't finish his sentence, as a loud crash sounded behind him.

And as all the people in the clearing turned to look at the entrance to the temple, they were shook.

Not only was the entrance gone, but the entire cliff above it shook and quaked.
And collapsed.

"No..." Silence rang out in the camp as all stood in shock as the temple collapsed, burying The Storm King below the ground.

bzzt-FWOOM!!!

Only for a large beam of blue light to shoot out into the sky, followed by loud laughter as a familiar voice echoed around.

"I AM THE STORM KING!" It yelled out, and smiles spread around the camp, "A KING WHO IS A STORM!"

"EVEN A MOUNTAIN COLLAPSING ON MY BODY IS NOT ENOUGH TO HOLD ME DOWN!!!"

And on top of the crumbled cliff he stood, A Crystal Blue Sword held high above his head, an amulet of Amber on his neck, and a crown of Rubies and Gold tied to his waist.

"I WILL NOT DIE!" The Storm King yelled out loud.

And the crowd cheered.

Author's Note:

It was during writing this chapter that I discovered that MLP has its own version of a Grootslang already, in the Comic where Tempest, Zecora, Rockhoof and Applejack travel to Farasi and meet up with Zecora's old buddies.

And so I decided that the Grootslang from the Comic and the Grootslang in this fic will be two different types of the creature.
With this Giant Elephant-headed Grootslang being a Jungle Grootslang and the more sleek looking Armed Serpent in the Comics is a Desert Grootslang.

With the Jungle Variant being a Bulkier and Stronger species than the Faster and Sleeker Desert Variant.

Hope you enjoyed :)