• Published 5th Feb 2023
  • 6,832 Views, 397 Comments

How I started a war in a children cartoon - Netap



Dude gets Isekai'd into the body of The Storm King before he began his conquest.

  • ...
30
 397
 6,832

Interlude 1

On that Fateful day, when King Meowmere appeared before his people and delivered the speech that would be recorded in the annals of history.

Abyssinia Trembled.

On that fateful day, when the Decrepit last soldier of a long forgotten king stepped inside the castle of Panthera for the first time.

Abyssinia Trembled.

When the flying ships and their sailors of Storm and Steel fell upon the land and took it from the paws of its rightful rulers.

Abyssinia Trembled.

But when The Storm King, the creature behind the armies that plagued the skies, the soldiers who roamed the streets, and the death of Minister Softpaws.

When that creature walked towards the podium, overlooking the entirety of Abyssinia's capital city of Panthera, and delivered the words that would haunt the Cats of the land for years to come.

"I am your new Emperor,"

Abyssinia stilled.

Five words, five simple words were all he said before he turned his back on the silenced crowd and took his leave, five words that would mark in the annals of history.

The Beginning of the Storm.


"Oi Captain!" A green feathered parrot shouted over the deck of the small airship his crew-mates managed to steal.

They found this airship when they spotted it stopping to refuel at some no-name village, delivering pamphlets for promotion of some show or something.

"What is it, Boyle?" A light gray feathered Parrot calls back to the parrot who yelled for her, Her large golden earring dangling off her head feathers as she turned her head, her voice barely heard over the strong winds that seemed to follow them for the past few weeks.

"We're running out of clean water!" Boyle yelled at his captain, his Prosthetic hook latching onto one of the railings of the stolen vessel to keep his feet on the floor.

Captain Celaeno clicked her tongue in annoyance before loudly shouting over the heavy winds.

"Men! Get ready to land! We push through this storm cloud and make our way to resupply!" The sounds of her crew moving about sounded around the deck as they each carried their new equipment below deck before tying ropes around their feathered limbs to keep hold of the ship.

The wind grew stronger as the ship slowly started to sink through the black sea of clouds, Captain Calaeno could almost swear she saw something move in the clouds but ignored it as she had more important things to take care of.

After nearly an hour of turbulent winds and a shaking prosthetic leg, the ship of Captain Calaeno and her crew made a landing in the middle of a large river surrounded by desert sand as far as the eyes could see.

"Is everyone okay?!" She yelled as she readjusted her crystal leg, receiving sounds of confirmation from her crew in response.

And just as she was about to release a sigh of relief, she heard it.

"To the person who has appropriated this vessel," A static voice sounded out from above her, as she looked up at the storm cloud she just flew through, she felt her blood turn cold.

Two ships, twice the size of the one she was handling, were full of white creatures with dark gray masks, masks she recognized from the people she originally stole the vessel from.

"You are handling stolen Storm property," The voice continued, the static sound in the background as it spoke cluing her into it being said from a speaker.

"Surrender now or have your lives forfeit, for the crimes of piracy and the act of stealing Storm Empire property, we are putting you under arrest," Calaeno looked at her crew, her mind buzzing in a panic as she thought of ways to escape, but she gave up.

She saw the haggard and tired forms of her crew, out of clean water, almost out of food, and who just flew through a turbulent storm.

They couldn't escape.

As her crew was placed in chains and cuffs and dragged onto one of the larger ships, she spotted one of the creatures pointing at her and speaking with one of the creatures that seemed to be in charge.

"That's her Greg, That's the bitch that stole our ship!" She froze as she heard that, only moving once one of the guards pushed her to keep going.

"Is she?" The other soldier asked aloud, "The Storm King will be very glad to meet her in that case,"

At that moment, with no plan to escape and a crew who couldn't fight back, Captain Calaeno resigned her fate to her captors.

Wishing above all else that they would spare their lives.


Not many creatures still lived on Storm Island, with most of its adult inhabitants joining The Storm King and his fleet, and the younger citizens leaving the island to reach the continent of Afcari, where The Storm King built his first Storm Base and new living places for his people.

Only the important governors of the Kingdom, now Empire, still lived on Storm Island.

And by the end of the day, even they would be no more.

As the last crate was loaded onto the large airship, filled to the brim with books and documents, containing the entire library and archive of the Storm Island Castle.

A hunched-over old Storm Creature walked up the ramp leading to the airship, he hands holding on to a cane, her back held by a following of younger creatures as they helped the elderly board the airship.

Once everyone was on board, the doors closed, and the ship set skyward.

Leaving Storm Island alone, empty, and abandoned, as the lightning from the sky struck down the island with a fervor never seen before.

And as the crew and passengers of the last ship leaving the island looked back at their old home, they could see lightning and rain coalescing above the castle of the island, striking it down like a vengeful god would a heretic cult.

A single tear rolled down the Elderly woman's eyes as she saw the land she lived in her entire life crumble under the indomitable wrath of nature.

"Your Majesty, Is everything alright?" One of her followers asked her, holding onto several bags filled to the brim with photo albums and diaries.

The woman took a deep breath before turning her back to her land.

"Everything will be fine," She said, "My Son promised me so,"

The Storm Mother, the Storm-born creature who married the previous Storm King and birthed the current one, made her way deeper into the ship.

"And my Son isn't a liar,"

Author's Note:

And there we have it, the end of what could be considered act 1 of this story.

Act 2 will cover the next conquest, bringing in Tempest and the other 2 Artifacts of Twiga, and more comedy.

Thank all of you guys so much for reading and supporting this.

May The Storm rage on.

...

If you really want to support me, check out my Patreon, link in my user page.