• Published 29th Jan 2023
  • 1,218 Views, 157 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected Life - coto616



This is the story of Chrysalis, Clear Spark, and the crazy small-town community during Chrysalis' ten years living in Ponyville with her son.

  • ...
4
 157
 1,218

The Therapy - Part 03.

---------------------------------
The Therapy - Part 03.
An idea proposed by Lord King Cocoon
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was sitting drinking a cup of tea and eating some cupcakes at Sugarcube Corner trying to relax after a busy week, in front of her was Cheerilee trying to take a sip of tea but she couldn't because a fit of giggles prevented her, she spent a couple of minutes like that and even though no pony knew why the teacher was laughing and pointing her hoof at the queen, Chrysalis knew perfectly well the reasons for her friend's teasing.

"I'm sorry." Cheerilee finished saying as she wiped a tear of laughter from her eyes. "It's just that I keep picturing you attacking Canterlot in a brand new adorable bunny costume." Cheerilee laughed again for a couple of seconds as the queen quietly waited for her to finish, she would have her revenge someday, and even though her friend could laugh at her furry adventure, she didn't tell her anything about Fluttershy or Discord.

After a couple more cups of tea and some more cupcakes, Cheerilee calmed down and began to talk about the favor she wanted to ask her about doing some work with the little ones on different ways to rule Equestria, Chrysalis, Luna, and Twilight were critical pieces to this project and if she didn't participate she couldn't get the result she was hoping for.

"I still don't understand why we have to travel to Canterlot for this, I perfectly can go to school one day and they can ask me all the questions they want."

"I also thought about that and when I asked Princess Luna if she could participate she told me that she is now holding meetings with some foreign ambassadors, when she mentioned it to them they were interested in talking to the little ones of Equestria, and this gives me the perfect opportunity to hold a forum of questions between the different leaders and the little ones, for example, the way Luna ruled a thousand years ago and the differences she saw and felt when she came back, how you ruled in contrast during all that time and the differences of how you rule now, Twilight's point of view and all the work that comes with wearing a crown having much less experience, asking the ambassadors how their systems of government are in comparison to ours, like the yaks, the dragons, or the kirins, are many topics I want the kids to ask and learn, and I don't know when I can have another opportunity like this. "

The queen could feel Cheerilee's passion as she spoke and what she wanted to do, it was a very good opportunity for the little ones in the class to learn even something basic about the different systems of politics in Equestria and she had no reason to refuse, plus it gave her the perfect opportunity to interact with ambassadors from other nations and give them to understand firsthoof that they are not the soulless monsters that attack as in the legends, and possibly engage in diplomatic relations of peace and trade, for her this was also a unique opportunity.

"You are right, the little ones will be able to learn a lot by directly asking us about how to rule a nation, plus it gives me the perfect opportunity to talk to the ambassadors of other nations, when do you plan to make the trip to Canterlot?". Said the queen as she ate one of the muffins.

"Thank you, I want to make it as soon as possible, and from what I spoke with Princess Luna, most of the ambassadors can participate this Friday, do you have any problems with that date?".

"Nothing important, I will have to re-schedule a meeting with my generals about minor issues and give some more food to my cat, do you need me to help you take care of them?". Asked the queen with a smile.

"I would appreciate it if you could help me take them from Ponyville to Canterlot castle, then I can take care of it myself, I hope the princesses don't mind me asking if they can facilitate lunch for my students."

"I don't think they'll have a problem with that." The two continued to talk about what Cheerilee planned to do during the special class on Friday and also about other unimportant topics.

The rest of the week went by without much trouble, just another Parasprites invasion, and some Timberwolves that showed up in town because the CMCs tried to tame them, nothing out of the ordinary in Ponyville.

It was already Friday and the queen had a bag prepared with everything she needed, she had some letters of introduction with her name and recommendations of some changelings that she would like to send in delegations to different nations, she also had reports about the productions of the changelings and some products that she wanted to give in good faith to the ambassadors, like the Petlings and some books and paintings, the queen wanted to make known first source that her race had a lot to offer to other nations and she was sure that with the help of Luna and Twilight she could achieve it.

After leaving more food for her cat, she closed her house and left with Clear Spark to the train station where Cheerilee asked all her students to meet, and after waiting for the usual latecomers the whole group left for Canterlot and then to the castle, at the entrance Princess Luna and Princess Twilight were waiting for them.

"Greetings young ones, Princess Luna and I are happy to receive you on this special day and we hope that everything is to your liking, first we will start with a light breakfast and then we will start the special class where you can ask us and the ambassadors about how we run and how our governments work, then we will have lunch and later you can talk freely with the ambassadors or with any of us about something that interests you or that will call your attention, do you have any questions?"

Pipsqueak raised his hoof to ask a question. "Will there be sweets at breakfast?"

"The castle kitchen can prepare anything, we don't have sweets per se, but you will surely find something that will please you, even though I thought you were brave and would prefer to try new things." Finished saying the princess of the night with a chuckle.

"Yes I am brave, I am the bravest colt in all of Ponyville." Pipsqueak replied.

"That's what I thought." Replied Luna with a smile. "If you all would be so kind as to follow me I will give you a quick tour of the castle before breakfast to keep you from straying, either way you can ask a guard or the servant to assist you and he or she can escort you or point you in the right direction." Princess Luna walked towards the inside of the castle followed by the whole group, Twilight stood to the side allowing them to pass.

"Chrysalis, can I talk to you for a second?". Twilight asked, to which the queen walked over to see what her friend wanted.

"What's going on Twilight?"

"Cheerilee told us that you intend to talk to the ambassadors, and I assume it is intending to form peace and economic agreements."

"That is true."

"Well, I took the liberty of discussing it with Luna and some ambassadors before you arrived, and I must tell you that many were fascinated by the idea and would like to talk to you as soon as possible, they can do it right now if you are willing." Twilight said with a smile.

"That's wonderful Twilight, I thank you very much." Replied the queen.

"You don't have to, if you come with me I will take you to a room I prepared for the meeting." The princess walked towards the castle and passed by Princess Luna, who was giving a small explanation about the architecture of the castle, Twilight passing by Cheerilee winked at her, the teacher coughed softly and Luna hearing the cough led the group to a hall with many chairs lined up in one direction and many tables with food on the sides.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in another part of the castle Red Bug was walking towards the dungeon with the keys in one of her hooves, she approached Celestia's cell and opened the grate.

"Well, ready for a delicious breakfast and the next session?." She asked with a smile, Celestia simply looked back at her.

"Aren't you afraid that I might escape?" Celestia asked with a grimace approaching the grate, Red Bug thought about it for a second.

"If you think this is a bad idea I can close the cell, even though I think you're not dumb enough to do that."

"You're right, I'm not, where are we headed then."

"I asked for the main kitchen to cook something this morning but they are very busy with a group of students coming to visit the castle so they provided us with a smaller kitchen on the other side of the castle, you don't have a problem cooking do you?." Asked the changeling as she walked down the hallway next to Celestia and two thestral guards coming a little further back.

"Since I can't use my magic it's going to take me a while to prepare something but I think I'll manage."

"That's the spirit."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight and Chrysalis were walking quietly until Twilight stopped to think about something.

"Is something wrong?" The queen asked.

"I see you brought a bag with a lot of things in it, I guess you brought them to show the ambassadors." Chrysalis nodded and Twilight thought silently for a couple more seconds. "I've had a lot of contact with ambassadors and dignitaries this last while, and I know that for the changelings, image and physical appearance is not a concept they consider important as it is for the rest of the races."

"True, physical appearance is not something important to us as we can change it at will with a thought." Said the queen before concentrating for a second and changing her appearance to one equal to Twilight's. "But what's so important about that?." She finished saying but with Twilight's appearance.

"First, even though I now find you to have a very attractive appearance and it generates undue desires in me I would appreciate it if you would return to your original form." The queen chuckled before dropping her disguise. "Thank you, secondly, I have spent a lot of time with ambassadors and dignitaries and for many of them first impressions are very important, and if you arrive with a simple bag full of papers you are going to present an unprofessional image and give the impression that you don't give the meeting enough seriousness, regardless of what you say or do, but I have a very simple solution."

"But appearance doesn't matter if the content is good, don't judge a book by its cover and all that." Said the queen a bit annoyed.

"I know but what I propose is not that you change your appearance but that your written presentation be spectacular, if you allow me your bag I can make copies and organize them in folders so that each ambassador has their own, so you can represent your race as they are and I can have a clearer idea about what they are about and I can speak in your favor."

"That's a good idea." Chrysalis had not considered the fact of the first impression with the ambassadors, she had a lot of experience as a queen but not much in peace or trade treaties except for those made with Equestria and its close allies such as the crystal empire, but it was successful because they had already had contact with the queen and it was a way for Cadance to show her regret and that she wanted to help Chrysalis and her race integrate more openly. "Thank you for your help, I only have a copy of each economic report and two or three copies of letters of recommendation for some of my changelings, please I entrust them to you." The queen took the bag from her and passed it to Twilight, who slung it over her.

"I'll take care of everything." They both continued walking until they came to a room that Twilight opened with her hoof, it was a room designed for meetings with a couple of large tables, some chairs, and no curtains. "This is the room we will use for the meeting, I will make copies of your documents and bring them back so you can see them, then I will go get the ambassadors."

"Thank you Twilight." Said the queen before walking over to the window to look out at the garden.

"I'll be back soon." Replied Twilight before leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After a silent walk, Red Bug and Celestia arrived at a rather large kitchen that was empty, had much simpler and sturdier furniture, and inside the refrigerator were several paper bags with different names on them.

"This is the staff kitchen." Celestia said as she poked her head inside the refrigerator.

"It's the only thing I could get in such a short time, so you wanted to eat..." Red Bug was trying to remember what the former princess wanted to eat.

"Waffles, I asked you the other day if you could make me some waffles for breakfast." Celestia said.

"Right, thanks." Said the changeling with a smile. "Would you mind putting the water for the coffee while I make them?."

Celestia rolled her eyes and somewhat annoyed walked over to the stove and put on a kettle with plenty of water, then scanned the cabinets for the coffee and cups when she saw the changeling was gathering a bunch of kitchen utensils while looking through a book.

"What are you doing?" Celestia asked.

"Reading the recipe for waffles, it's my first time making them and I want to-."

"Move to the side, I'll make breakfast." Said Celestia somewhat annoyed and taking control because of the changeling's lack of culinary skills, the changeling just moved to the side without saying anything.

"I need flour, eggs, milk, sugar, salt, butter, and baking powder."

The changeling nodded her head and started gathering all the ingredients while Celestia looked for a couple of bowls and other cooking utensils to start preparing breakfast, but she looked everywhere and there was one ingredient she couldn't find.

"I don't think we have any eggs, can you make waffles without eggs?". Asked the changeling in her ignorance to which Celestia just looked back at her.

"No one can make waffles without eggs, it's like wanting to make bread without flour."

The changeling tilted her head slightly to the side not understanding the reference, Celestia seeing this closed her eyes and took a couple of deep breaths remembering that she did this to have a decent breakfast.

"Please ask one of the guards in the hallway for a couple of eggs, thank you." She said with a forced smile.

"Ok." Replied the changeling before opening the door and poking her head into the hallway. "Excuse me." She said to a passing guard.

"WHAT!" The guard shouted aggressively back at the changeling which surprised Celestia greatly and she walked over to see who it was.

"Would you be so kind as to get us some eggs?, we want to prepare breakfast and we don't have any." Replied the changeling cheerfully without giving importance to the guard's shout.

"I'm not giving anything to a mare-shaped scum like you." Said the stallion with clear hatred in his words. "You, your kind, and anyone who helps them should rot inside that mousetrap that-."

Celestia coughed a couple of times as she poked her head out into the hallway to interrupt whoever was speaking and was surprised it was one of her guards. "Captain Lanther?." Said the ex-princess.

"Prin-prin... Celestia, wh-what are you doing here?." Said the guard equally surprised and somewhat embarrassed.

"I'm trying to make myself breakfast but we don't have any eggs." She replied in a serious tone.

"I'll get you some eggs right away." He replied before running off and getting lost in a corner.

"Thanks." Red Bug shouted back before closing the door and sitting down in front of the table with a smile, seeing the whole scene the princess could only say one thing.

"I apologize for the way my guards acted." She said.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it." Replied the changeling without making a big deal out of it.

"You mean this has happened to you before?" She asked somewhat surprised.

"In fact to all of us, we are shouted at and insulted daily, they no longer throw as many fruits at us as at the beginning because the merchants lose a lot of money, even though the stones hurt in the same way, I thank Princess Twilight who provided us with a medical wing in the hospital to treat the changeling injured by the beatings and if it wasn't for Princess Luna I wouldn't be here today." Red Bug lowered his head slightly and his smile quickly disappeared.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Celestia had heard that some of her guards attacked Red Bug and that they were locked up in the prison, but she had no further information about the event.

"I-I don't like to talk about it." The changeling averted her gaze to the side and scratched one of her legs with her hoof nervously, it was easily seen that it was something that affected her greatly.

Celestia knew that like everypony else that when one had problems one could talk to a family member or a friend for help, when it was a much more serious problem one could go to a professional like a therapist or a psychologist, but what happened in those cases when the pony had no one to talk to, what happened when he needed help and no one could give it to him, Celestia hearing the words of the changeling and seeing everything that happened could not do anything but sympathize with Red Bug.

Red Bug saw a cup of coffee slide in front of her which made her raise her head.

"Drink this, I'm going to make breakfast." That was all Celestia said before she turned around and started cooking.

"Thank you." Replied Red Bug, Celestia paused for a moment and then continued cooking.

After about thirty minutes in silence while Celestia cooked they were both sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"I can't believe I helped make waffles, and they are delicious!" Said the changeling very cheerful and excited as she buzzed her wings.

"You know I did all the work." Celestia replied.

"I know, but this is the first time I've ever helped somepony cook, even if it's just looking for the ingredients."

"What, you've never cooked before?"

"We don't have kitchens in the hive, in fact we had almost nothing in the hive before we could openly go out into the world, and my first real kitchen is the one in the apartment that Princess Luna provided me with while staying here in Canterlot, but one day when I tried to make myself a coffee my kitchen caught fire, I got nervous and ran to my neighbor's apartment so he could help me put it out."

"And nothing bad happened to him?" Celestia asked, worrying about the health of one of her ex-subjects.

"He laughed a little at me and he turned off the stove, turns out flames are normal when you cook something, but how was I supposed to know that, it was literally my first time cooking."

After breakfast, they both walked down the hallway guided by Red Bug to the room where she would be conducting today's session.

"I'm sorry your sister couldn't make it, but she couldn't cancel the appointment she had with the students, but she promised to join us during today's session."

"That's okay, I would have loved to have eaten with Luna, but I understand she has a lot of work and I'll be able to spend a few minutes with her anyway."

As they continued on their way they found Twilight coming out of a room carrying a bag full of things.

"Greetings Princess Twilight, what are you doing here?" Red Bug said.

"Hello Red Bug." Replied the young alicorn as she saw her friend standing next to Celestia. "I was just finishing setting up the room you asked me to set up for your session today."

"Excellent, and have you seen Princess Luna."

"She is inside waiting for you, I would like to join you but I have some paperwork to do, have a nice day."

"Bye Twilight, and thank you."

"Have a good day Twilight." Celestia said with a smile but the young princess simply ignored her as she passed by her side, something that Celestia was a little put off by.

"Don't worry about that, I'm here to help you and I know with a little time Princess Twilight will forgive you too."

"I guess you're right."

"Then let's get going." Red Bug said before walking a couple more feet and opening the door. "After you." The changeling stepped aside allowing Celestia to enter.

"Thank you." Celestia as she was entering the room saw a tall black figure looking out one of the windows into the garden. "What's going on here, and why-."

Celestia felt someone pushing her very hard into the room and locking the door.

"HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, OPEN THE DOOR THIS INSTANT!" Celestia shouted as she slammed the door very hard, at that moment Twilight appeared who was behind one of the corners of the hallway and a little later Princess Luna appeared.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?". Twilight asked.

"Absolutely, the problem with those two is much simpler than a centuries-old conflict and the only way to get them to understand it is to force them to tell each other, they both do things wrong that they can't acknowledge and by being locked up the tension will slowly rise until they end up screaming their frustrations at each other."

"And how do you know that will work with my sister."

"They may be princesses or queens but they are mares at heart, when they feel the pressure of confinement they will unconsciously start blaming the other, petty jealousies will blossom between the two and they will defend themselves from those accusations by verbally attacking each other bringing to light the root of their problems."

"Are we really so fickle that something as simple as this can bring our feelings out?" Twilight asked intrigued.

"If there were two stallions in that room I could only expect two outcomes, that they somehow work together to get out of the room before they hate each other again, or that they beat each other to death in an epic battle, so for safety I asked you girls to prepare an anti-magic room so Chrysalis can't transform or attack Celestia, and no curtains so we could watch them from a cloud in case something bad happens."

"And what do we do at this point?."

"I want to go watch movies together with Cheerilee's students, a lot of them like `My Little Homan` and I want to know why, then I would like to have lunch and I think by that time we should have a breakthrough."

"Do you have the scroll written?" Luna asked to which Red Bug handed her a rolled-up scroll. "Then I will do my part." Princess Luna walked away while Twilight concentrated on a spell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll be back soon." Twilight replied before leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

Chrysalis took a deep breath and walked to the window to look out at the garden thinking about how she would present herself in front of the ambassadors when she heard a door slam behind her followed by a very familiar female voice shouting angrily.

"HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, OPEN THE DOOR THIS INSTANT!." Was all the queen heard before she turned and found herself face-to-face with Celestia.

"What are you doing here, is this some stupid escape attempt?" Asked the queen getting into a fighting stance, hearing this Celestia turned around and did the same.

"Escape?, I know this is a trick of yours to finally finish me off, the changelings were never to be trusted and this proves it."

Chrysalis was about to attack when she felt someone tapping on the window.

"Luna?." Celestia asked intrigued approaching the window to talk to her sister. "Luna, what are you doing here, could you open the door so I can get back to my cell?."

Princess Luna simply ignored Celestia and after greeting them both began making strange, repetitive movements with her hooves.

"What is she doing?" Chrysalis wondered also very intrigued. "Luna, would you be so kind as to explain to me what's going on?". But Luna simply continued to ignore the two figures in her room as she moved her hooves slowly from place to place trying to replicate something.

After a few seconds and many strange movements, the princess of the night took out a scroll she had under her wings and placed it on the window glass so Celestia and Chrysalis could read it.

"Sorry... for... the... pantomime... but... I...had...to...waste...your...time...while Twilight... did... her... part... please... look... back..."

Both figures turned quickly to see that Twilight had left a plate with a half-sliced sandwich and a single glass of juice by the door, she waved at them with her hoof before disappearing and locking the door behind her.

"Wait!" Shouted Chrysalis running quickly to the door trying to open it but it was locked, she tried to use her magic but it wasn't working. "This is weird." She said to herself as she concentrated again but it was useless. "My magic doesn't work."

"Nothing about you works correctly." Celestia commented with a grimace.

"You are no one to talk to, you should be on Tartarus right now." Replied Chrysalis angrily.

"And what are you going to do, force me?"

"I'm not just going to force you, I'm going to drag you myself to-."

At that moment a letter slipped under the door and ended up in front of Celestia's hooves, the ex-princess picked it up to read what it said.

"We...had...to...resort...to...this...measure... so..." Celestia was quickly frustrated by the poor spelling of the letter she was trying to read. "Who wrote this, it's impossible to read."

"Give me that." Chrysalis replied snatching the letter from Celestia's hooves. "Apparently the former sun princess is not as cultured as she thought, this is Red Bug's hoofwriting." The queen read the letter muttering as she did so.

"And can you read it aloud so I can know its contents as well?". Chrysalis just looked at Celestia before clearing her throat.

"We had to resort to this measure so you both can move forward, we know this is unexpected for both of you and you probably wonder why you are locked in that room, you two have personal problems you have to solve and that is why we locked you in, the door is locked as well as the windows, it is also not possible to use magic, there is only one key to get out of that room and you both have it.

PS: Lucky Bunny should not worry about the ambassadors because Princess Luna will speak on her behalf."

"Who is Lucky Bunny?" Celestia asked with intrigue.

"No one you should know about." Replied the queen turning her head to the side to hide her embarrassment.

"Then we're stuck until we figure out how to get out of here." Celestia said annoyed.

"That's the only smart thing I've ever heard you say in your entire life." Replied the queen with a grimace.

"Just shut up." Replied Celestia before turning around and walking to the side of the room and sitting in one of the chairs, Chrysalis did the same but walked in the opposite direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why did you ask me to make them a sandwich split in two and a single glass of juice?." Twilight asked Red Bug, who was eating popcorn as they watched the movie, the changeling turned her head to look at Twilight, and Luna also turned her head to listen.

"We changelings feed mostly on love and there isn't much love in that room, Celestia already ate breakfast, and Chrysalis hasn't eaten anything, who do you think will move on to food first without worrying about the other?"

"And the glass of juice?" Luna asked.

"That's just the icing on the cake."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Both monarchs had been silent for quite a while, they didn't know how long they had been staring at each other and could only guess what time it was by the movement of the sun through the window, but the queen's stomach began to growl from hunger and she got up from her chair walking over to the plate taking both pieces of the sandwich with her hoof to eat them.

"What are you doing?" Celestia asked quickly approaching the queen.

"I'm hungry and I'm going to eat this sandwich."

"And what makes you think that sandwich is yours?"

"The same thing that makes you think it's yours."

"Give me that." Celestia stretched out her hoof to snatch the sandwich from the queen, but she was quicker.

"Wops, you're so slow, apparently the daily pastries piled up too much in your...posterior area." Scoffed the queen.

"Give me that sandwich." Celestia was trying to snatch the food from Chrysalis but the queen was much more agile, which frustrated Celestia causing her to pounce on the queen but Chrysalis jumped back.

"Hahaha, you're so slow, maybe they should start calling you Slowtia, Princess Slowtia."

"Don't make fun of me." Celestia leaped angrily at Chrysalis, and the queen didn't manage to escape.

For a full minute Celestia was on top of Chrysalis trying to take the sandwich from her but the queen somehow managed to stretch herself always a couple of centimeters out of the ex-princess's reach, both kicked and insulted each other tirelessly until during the struggle one of the two hit the glass of juice spilling it on the carpet calling the attention of both mares.

"You see what you did?" Said Celestia annoyed getting up and standing on all fours.

"I did?, you were the one who attacked me." Replied the queen.

"Maybe if at some point in your life you weren't so selfish this wouldn't have happened, and give me that." Celestia moved quickly before the queen could react and snatched one of the sandwich halves from her eating it instantly, she really wasn't hungry but just didn't want the queen to eat it all and went back to her chair.

Chrysalis was also upset that Celestia stole her food but she said nothing and simply ate half of the sandwich before returning to her chair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"How are you so sure that neither of them would drink the juice?" Cheerilee asked.

"Because by this time they must have already been fighting over the sandwich and dropping the juice on the floor without realizing it, then they'll spend a long time in silence until one of them speaks."

"And who do you think will."

"Chrysalis no doubt."

"What was the name of the little homan with the colorful mane?" Luna asked as they watched the movie.

"His name is Spectrum Flash, and he is very very fast." Replied Pipsqueak who was sitting next to his favorite princess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Both were very bored and the queen could not stand to be still for long, during all her life there were very few times she had to sit down to do a job, that's why she always delegated the paperwork to other changelings, she could not stand to be seated for more than thirty minutes without doing anything, she already felt her body itching and her muscles were tense, the queen had to move or do something.

But Celestia was the opposite case, she could sit quietly for a whole day without a problem, centuries of diplomatic meetings, signing treaties and laws, had forged her enviable patience, for the former princess thirty minutes sitting was nothing.

"How can you be so calm?" Chrysalis asked Celestia who was on the other side of the room.

"Excuse me?"

"I asked you how you can be calm."

"And why do I have to answer you?" Celestia raised an eyebrow.

Chrysalis hummed, got up from her chair and started pacing around the room to relax a bit and pass the time, but the sound of her footsteps annoyed Celestia who was trying to be calm, she closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead to try to calm down but her patience ran out quickly.

"For the love of Faust, would you stop pacing?" Celestia shouted, and the queen stopped instantly.

"And why should I stop?."

"It's annoying, I'm trying to calm down and your walk is annoying, your sound is annoying, your presence is annoying, you annoy me, everything about you annoys me."

"You have your way of calming down and I have mine."

"And how do you suppose I can calm down if you are in front of me pacing from place to place."

"That's not my problem."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"How many movies are left to watch, I must go talk to the ambassadors and remind them that they will be talking to Chrysalis this afternoon, many of them are excited about the idea."

"Is it serious that some countries want to import Petlings?". Red Bug asked.

"I know the Kirins are fascinated by them but they want to know if they can be fireproof, many yaks would like to have family portraits and they heard about the artistic abilities of one of the changelings that were in your therapy sessions earlier, a... Leaf?." Luna said trying to remember the name.

"Leaf Storm?, I couldn't forget him, his paintings are amazing, I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a famous painter in a couple of years."

"Red Bug, back to the subject of our captives, who do you think will be the first to overflow the cup?". Twilight asked.

"No doubt it's going to be Celestia, she already has a negative idea of Chrysalis and anything the queen does will upset her, she will surely say something very offensive towards our race, obviously Chrysalis won't like it and will attack her back, Celestia will get angrier and attack Chrysalis in a more personal way, then Chrysalis will attack Celestia and they will end up fighting, maybe they will end up with some superficial wounds but they will be able to take out all that accumulated tension towards each other in a safe, almost safe way, and when they are already lying on the ground exhausted they will be able to start from a middle ground. " Red Bug replied sipping some juice.

"And which of the two will take the first step towards peace?".

"Hmmmm... I don't know, want to bet?."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis kept pacing back and forth, buzzing her wings with nervousness and impatience of being locked up without being able to do anything, she had come with the promise of being able to talk to some ambassadors and make known the kindness offered by her race but apparently, it was all a lie, and now Luna was talking to them and probably they would ask her things about the changelings that she can't know, like what we can feed on besides love, or if we can live in certain climates, what things offend us, there were thousands of situations that the queen was armed in her head and she could not eliminate, so she just walked tenser and tenser and buzzing her wings stronger and stronger.

Celestia did not know if the queen was trying to fly or just buzzing her wings to irritate her, whatever her intentions were, she was achieving her goal of annoying her, the former princess simply wanted to be calm and she could not be calm thanks to the incessant walking accompanied by the noise of Chrysalis, and worst of all if she had known she would have a day like this she would have stayed locked in her cell, any place was better than being here, even the Tartarus, that place was much better if it meant never seeing the insect queen again, it was then that her frustration got the better of her.

"This is stupid." Celestia said angrily. "From the beginning I knew not to trust a changeling, they were always soulless beasts hungry for love that would do anything to get it, despicable."

"Hey." Chrysalis shouted in response. "That's my race you're talking about."

"I know exactly who I'm talking about." Celestia raised her voice in response.

"You are no one to have an opinion about us." Chrysalis replied.

"Then I'm wrong about your race?, don't you trick and steal the love of others?, you never thought of anyone but yourselves."

"And what did you expect from us?" Chrysalis replied approaching Celestia. "We were considered legends for centuries and when we become present to the world you make us pariahs in everyone's eyes." She said angrily.

"Don't think of playing the victim in front of me, you were the one who attacked Canterlot, you were the one who captured ponies to steal their love, you transformed into Cadance and tried to take over Equestria, you alone became an outcast and I had nothing to do with it, so don't try to blame me for your mistakes." Celestia replied in kind.

"I must think of my race, of feeding them and their welfare, I have to do what is necessary for them to have a prosperous future." Said the queen with dignity.

"I must also think of my race and their welfare but unlike you, I don't use others to achieve it, have you ever in your life felt pity for those you hurt or even stopped to think about what would happen to them, have you ever said sorry?" Celestia replied.

"Why should I apologize for doing what was necessary for my race to survive."

"I don't know, maybe to prove that you're not evil."

"And your hooves are clean?, you never did anything bad to anypony else to protect your own?"

"To be true I never did, because unlike you I always worked hard every day of my life to protect my subjects and never used my power to control or subjugate other races, I had many opportunities to do so but I always chose peace and diplomacy, but you never did that, you were always impulsive and took the simplest path because you always had an easy life." Celestia shouted in annoyance.

"You think I had an easy life?, I always had to think two steps ahead because one was not enough, I always had on me the problems of all my race, do you think we like to live in cold, damp, stinking caves?, many times we could not even light fires to warm ourselves for fear of being discovered, every day I had to think if I would eat today or save it for tomorrow because I did not know if tomorrow I would have food, and surprise Celestia, many times I did not have food for tomorrow, every changeling that I sent on a mission was a changeling that potentially would not return to the hive, and that was a family that did not have a father, a mother or a brother that they would never see again, we always lived in the shadows with fear of being discovered, do you think that is an easy life? , YOU LIVE IN A DAMNED GOLDEN CASTLE CELESTIA!" Shouted the queen. "Your life is a hundred times easier than any other pony out there.

Celestia couldn't say anything, she fought hard to build Equestria but lived for centuries in a castle surrounded by servants and luxuries that most would never know.

"And what if I had shown up at your door saying `good morning neighbors, we are the changelings and we feed on love, do you have a little cup of love to give us?`, would you have helped us?." The queen used as much sarcasm as possible in her words.

"I probably would have and found a way for both races to coexist."

"Pfff." Chrysalis said motioning with her hoof. "Surely you would have exiled us out of simple fear at the sight of us and nothing would have changed."

"Yes it would have changed, it would have cost in the beginning just like all races do when they try to coexist but you just didn't want to try."

"And what makes you suppose I didn't try before with other races?, you never tried to get to know me or our race and you always assumed the worst about us and me."

"I always assumed the worst of you because I know all that love you feel is false, even the love for your supposed son is false because I know you are using him, you are not capable of feeling love for anyone or knowing the suffering a mother feels when she loses a child."

Celestia's words were cold and went straight to the queen's heart hitting her very hard, the queen had suffered many things in her life and had seen many of her beloved changelings die, of course she knew what it was like to lose somepony special.

"You were the most loved and respected princess in all of Equestria, and yet you manage to have a heart colder and harder than the iron bells of your castle, you tried to hurt... no, you were going to let my son die because for some reason you hate me, I wouldn't do that, no pony would do that, you... you are despicable." Chrysalis said the last words with clear contempt for Celestia before turning and walking back to her chair.

"How dare you talk to me like that." Celestia said very offended but Chrysalis kept walking. "Hey, don't you dare ignore me you stupid underdeveloped insect." Celestia yelled but Chrysalis kept on walking. "Don't you dare ignore me you fucking starving vermin." She shouted again as she followed the queen but those last words as they reached her ears made what little patience she had left explode.

"What did you say?" Chrysalis asked angrily turning to Celestia. "I can take you saying a lot of things to me Celestia, but I will never take you saying that!" She shouted as she pushed the former princess hard with her hoof. "What you said is not funny, hunger is not funny, I already went through that once and I don't plan on repeating it, DID YOU HEAR ME, I WILL NOT!." Chrysalis pushed Celestia until she made her crash into a table with a couple of books and a vase but the former princess wouldn't take it anymore.

"Don't touch me!" Celestia shouted pushing the queen back.

"And what are you going to do Cake Princess?, squash me with your big sugar-loving butt?." Replied the queen.

"You'll see." Was the last thing Celestia shouted before pouncing on the queen and getting into a fight, Chrysalis only understood what was happening when she felt Celestia on top of her hitting her and pulling her mane.

"Get off of me you damned harpy!" Shouted the queen trying to defend herself.

"I never gonna do th-." A black hoof struck Celestia in the face followed by a second hoof and a kick in the abdomen forcing her to move.

Chrysalis seized the moment to get to her feet. "I'm going to finish you!" She shouted jumping on her adversary, destroying the wooden table in the process. "You want me to say `I'm sorry`?, well I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner." Chrysalis shouted as she punched Celestia and bit her on one of her paws.

"AAAAAAAhhhh!." Celestia screamed as she felt the bite. "Hey Chrysalis, are you hungry?, well eat this." Celestia grabbed the vase in front of her and hit the queen in the face with it causing her to lose her balance and fall to the side.

Both figures stood up panting slightly and stared at each other.

"AAAAAAAhhhhh!." Shouted Chrysalis running towards Celestia.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHH!." Also Shouted Celestia running towards the queen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"You really could simplify my sister's hatred of Chrysalis into one word?" Luna asked walking down the hallway.

"Yes, by looking at the historical records and knowing Chrysalis' personality, it was very easy for me to conclude, but much of the blame for this lies with Chrysalis herself." Replied Red Bug walking beside the princesses and eating a chocolate muffin.

"And what's that word?" Twilight asked.

"It's simple jealousy."

"Jealousy?"

"Exactly, Celestia is jealous of the happy life our queen has now, your sister doesn't know about us outside of her perceptions which were all fights with Chrysalis, she always saw us as a bunch of outlaws who came to steal and run off with the loot to spend it elsewhere, and she always sought to capture Chrysalis to make her pay for her crimes, and the fact that now our queen appeared with a happy life, full of peace, love, and supportive friends seems like a reward for a life full of crimes, and to that, we must add the fact that Chrysalis has somewhat confused perceptions of good and evil that make it difficult to make her understand when she is wrong. "

"I don't quite understand what you mean, could you explain it more simply?." Cheerilee said, Red Bug paused for a moment and scratched his chin in thought.

"The two of them are like dogs and cats, they both can live in groups and take care of their offspring with their lives, but their perceptions about their actions are completely different, when you have a pet dog and he steals your food because he is hungry or breaks something because he wants to play and you catch him doing something bad, what does the dog do?."

"He tries to hide or gets into a submissive position begging for forgiveness." Twilight replied. "I've seen it a few times with Winona, AppleJack's dog."

"Exactly, because she understands when she's doing something right or wrong, but cats don't, they don't process the concept of evil the same way a dog does, to them evil doesn't exist if they have a justification for their actions."

"But doesn't that apply to any animal?."

"That's true but even when they have more options to solve their need, they are just going to choose the closest or simplest one, that's why Chrysalis doesn't accept when she is wrong, because to her mind what she does is not wrong because she believes it was necessary to make that decision, Celestia knows almost nothing about us and that's why she can't accept that Chrysalis has a happy life after everything that has happened."

"And why did Chrysalis forge her mind thinking that way?".

"Our history is not rosy, we suffered the same problems that all races suffer whether they are great empires or small villages, we had wars, plagues, diseases, exile, all that marked Chrysalis in the same way it would mark any monarch, but what left a deep wound in our queen was... the great starvation." Red Bug lowered her head as she said the last words, which her friends did not overlook.

"What happened?" Luna asked worriedly, to which Red Bug simply remained silent.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Twilight said placing her hoof on the changeling's shoulder.

"Thank you Twilight." Red Bug replied raising his gaze before walking on and continuing to talk.

"You will finally realize that your mortal enemy's life was not milk and honey as you always thought, Chrysalis will learn a lesson about humility and owning up to her mistakes, and Celestia will learn that her jealousy is out of simple ignorance, then I will help her understand that her hatred is meaningless and we can work on her treatment."

"Are you sure we should open the door, we don't know if they talked or not?" Luna asked with intrigue.

"Completely, there was too much tension between them to be locked in a room for hours without saying anything to each other." Red Bug replied.

"Red Bug is right, I've known Chrysalis since she arrived in Ponyville and she can't be quiet for more than ten minutes." Cheerilee added.

"Ok, you're the expert, Twilight can you remove the neutralizing spell?." Luna said to which the young princess concentrated for a moment and nodded her head, Luna also nodded and opened the door to the room."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia and Chrysalis were lying on the floor, exhausted from the fight, they were yelling at each other, hitting and biting, overturned tables and broken chairs everywhere, there were a couple of blood stains on the carpet but neither looked seriously injured, they were just lying on the floor panting from exhaustion looking into the void.

"I... hate you... so much..." Celestia said panting.

"Why... do you... hate... me... so much... Celestia?." Chrysalis replied in kind.

"Really... you... don't... understand... do you?."

"No..."

"You were always... a villain... and you never... answered for... your actions..."

"But that... but I... I am... I am different now and... I want to live in peace and... quiet with... with my son... what's wrong with... that."

"You see?" Celestia said angrily sitting back on her haunches. "That's exactly your problem." Continued the former monarch to which Chrysalis simply looked at her without moving. "All your life you did whatever you wanted... without showing remorse while I... worked my ass off every day trying to repair your damage so you would just do the same thing again... and one day you just show up with a smile, a beautiful little foal and a happy life as if nothing had happened?... you think that's fair?... how do you think it makes me feel after all these centuries?."

Chrysalis had never really thought about how Celestia felt all this time, she always thought she was one of her most powerful rivals just like Cadance, Luna, and Twilight, but they all accepted her without much trouble but Celestia never did and now because she was forced to listen to her she could understand why.

"Bad?." Said Chrysalis, Celestia was right, she never asked for forgiveness and never showed remorse for her actions but she had reasons to do so, Celestia had transformed the Daybreaker and ended up in prison for her actions and that was a fact she couldn't deny, but she was the trigger of all Celestia's actions, will it be true that an `I'm sorry` would have changed things?.

"Of course I felt bad, I felt offended, annoyed, frustrated, I just wanted to punch you in your stupid face."

"At least that last part you got it."

"You made me feel like everything I had worked for was for nothing and now I'm in prison because of you."

It was true that Chrysalis destroyed entire villages in the past and never paid for it, and that Celestia always expected the queen to strike again, she knew her very well and seeing her one day bursting with joy and hailing peace without paying for any crime or showing remorse the former princess simply could not process it as if it were true, her past perceptions always led her to think the worst of Chrysalis and so far they had never been wrong, she had no reason to think that now was any different, in the end all the villains Celestia faced had shown a drop of remorse for their actions which led Celestia to believe that they had hope, but Chrysalis never showed to be one of those cases.

"You attacked your sister and Twilight, you tried to take over Equestria, you put an entire town under a sleeping spell so you wouldn't be found out, and not to mention you almost killed me and my son, what part of all of that is my fault?."

Celestia was silent for a good while, she didn't want to admit that Chrysalis was right, it was her frustrations and jealousy that led her to act that way, deep down she knew that she could also take the first step to solve everything, but every time she saw that smile on the queen's face she couldn't control her emotions and just wanted to hit her.

"You know what, forget it, you stay on your side of the room and I'll stay on my side, and neither of us will say anything to the other until we're starving or bored to death."

"Sounds good to me to-." Chrysalis said when she was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia fixed her mane quickly left the room without saying or looking at anypony and walked down the hallway almost limping towards the dungeon only carrying with her a dose of anger and tiredness for everything that had happened, but she also felt much better about herself, she felt more relaxed and much lighter, as if someone had somehow removed a huge weight she didn't know she was carrying on her back.

"Celestia." Said the queen who left the room a little after the former princess, Celestia stopped and turned her head to find out why she was being called. "I'm sorry for the harm I caused you or any other pony, I know I can't repair it but I'm different now and so is my race, I want you to understand that." Chrysalis stared at Celestia who was silent for a long time.

"I... I'm sorry about what happened to your son, I hope you can give him the life you promised." The former princess replied before continuing on her way.

"I will." Chrysalis replied.

Everyone was silent while watching the whole scene and Chrysalis stood still waiting for Celestia to disappear from sight, then she looked at her friends.

"Girls... I'm going to faint." Was the only thing she said before dropping sideways onto Cheerilee who with her small body cushioned her friend's fall, flapping her paws in an attempt to free herself.

"From now on I can work with Celestia." Said Red Bug looking in the direction the former princess went.

Author's Note:

My original idea was always that Celestia had resentment towards Chrysalis for her actions and she was right that she should pay for her crimes, but seeing her happy and free of all guilt did not let her think clearly and without realizing it she was jealous that her enemy was enjoying a good life that she thought she did not deserve.

What makes the difference between Celestia and the other princesses was the amount of times she fought against Chrysalis throughout her life, Twilight, Luna and Cadance basically fought against her at the wedding, and seeing her fight for her son, evened that mental score they had over the villain, Celestia had many negative numbers over the queen.

The next story will be about a character that was asked about in the comments, specifically a stallion. :pinkiegasp:

And as always remember that you can comment ideas about what happened during all this time, several ideas that I wrote based on your comments or what you wanted to know.

see you next week.:twilightsmile: