• Published 29th Jan 2023
  • 1,218 Views, 157 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected Life - coto616



This is the story of Chrysalis, Clear Spark, and the crazy small-town community during Chrysalis' ten years living in Ponyville with her son.

  • ...
4
 157
 1,218

The Tour.

---------------------------------
The Tour.
An idea proposed by Guardsling66
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was coming from school, she had picked up Clear Spark and together they were going to the market to buy fruits and vegetables for the week.

"Since we are going to buy food, would you like to eat something special today?".

"I'd like some vegetable stew."

"That's a good idea, plus I'll be able to use the vegetables left in the house before they get stale, that also reminds me to buy flour."

"Are you going to try making bread again?"

"I just don't understand why I always get hard bread."

"Maybe bread isn't your thing."

"But I have to be able to make bread, how can I not be able to make a simple baked bread?".

After buying some fruits and vegetables for the week, both figures headed to Sugarcube Corner for a sack of flour and a hint from Pinkie Pie.

"Thanks for the flour Pinkie, I can't understand why I can't make bread."

"And you're following the recipe as the book says?".

"Yes, and that's the weird thing, I can cook almost anything without much trouble, but bread is the one thing I can't make."

"Hmmm..." Pinkie thought. "And do you use the oven on other things?". Pink pony asked.

"Very rarely, the only thing I've used it for these days is to try to make bread." Replied the frustrated queen.

"Maybe it's not you, maybe it's the oven that is malfunctioning, if you want I can go tomorrow afternoon to your house and try to bake bread, there we can check if the oven has a problem or not."

"Thanks Pinkie, that would do me a lot of good."

"Mom, can you buy me a banana muffin?" The foal asked causing the queen to roll her eyes before looking at the pink pony.

"Hey Pinkie."

"Yeah?."

"Can I have a banana muffin?."

"Of course." Replied the pony before pulling a muffin off the counter and passing it to the queen to which the queen gave it to Clear Spark who was standing next to her.

"Thanks Pinkie, see you tomorrow." Replied the queen before walking out of Sugarcube Corner with her son, Pinkie waved goodbye with her hoof before continuing to work.

As they stood outside the store the queen thought about whether she would like something else to eat and after much thought decided on her capricious fruit.

"Would you like some apples?" Asked the queen to her son.

"I would love them." Replied the excited foal prancing around.

"Then come on, do you remember where the market is from here?."

"Hmmm..." The colt thought for a second. "To the right across the fountain."

"Okay, you lead the way and I'll follow."

The walk to the fruit stand wasn't particularly long but Clear Spark was going slow and analyzing the sounds of the environment, he wasn't paying attention to the voices of those who were saying them, but he was attentive if he heard the word apple and also if he could hear the sound of the water fountain.

" Mom?" The foal asked.

"Yes?" Replied the queen.

"What's your house like?"

"What do you mean how is my house?" Asked the queen with intrigue. "You know our house, it has that little kitchen and a greenhouse."

"I don't mean our house, I mean the hive, what's it like?"

"We have a central hive in The Badlands, it's big, pointy and ponies can't use magic there, it's also where the Petlings are made, we have other small hives around Equestria that were mini fortresses more than anything, why do you ask?"

"It's just that some foals at school were talking about their uncles' and grandfathers' houses, and I wanted to know what the hive is like."

"Hmmm..." Thought the queen. "I hadn't thought about it but you've never visited the hive, would you like to go there?".

"Really?" The colt asked excitedly.

"Of course, this Friday we can go for a visit and stay for the whole weekend, you can see what mommy's life was like before she met you, plus I'd like to go back to my old room and see how things are without me being there."

"WOW!" Spark shouted excitedly. "That will be fabulous, I'm going to tell all my friends tomorrow at school."

"Hey Spark, what are you so happy about?" Said a filly from a stall in the marking.

"Hi, Apple Bloom." Clear Spark already recognized that familiar voice very easily, it was one of his best friends who had often picked him up at the house to go to school and drop him off.

"So what are you so happy about?"

"Mom is taking me to see the hive this weekend and I can't wait to see it, would you like to go with me?" The colt asked without thinking.

"You're inviting me to a..." Apple Bloom turned red.

"It'll be fun, and we can play all weekend, you know that's where they make the Petlings, and besides..." At that moment Spark realized he hadn't asked his mother if he could invite somepony. "...Ohhh, Mom, can I invite Apple Bloom to come along?" Foal asked turning his head to where the queen was standing.

"That's fine with me but it depends if AppleJack agrees." Replied the queen looking at the farm pony."

"Only if I can go too, I'd like to get to know the hive and I could use a couple of days off before the harvest starts."

"Then the four of us will go at the end of-."

"Hey girls, what are you doing?" Interrupted a light blue pegasus landing next to the queen.

"Hi Rainbow, Chrysalis just invited us to visit the hive for the weekend." AJ replied.

"Cool, can I come too?". Asked the excited pegasus.

"Eeeemmm... I guess so, we have a couple of extra rooms and-."

"Great, I'm going to ask Scoot's aunts if she can go with me, she'd love to see the hive." Said the pegasus as she quickly flew off and out of sight.

"Where is Rainbow going flying so fast?". Twilight asked appearing from behind the queen.

"Chrysalis invited us all to spend the weekend at the hive, isn't it exciting." Said Apple Bloom.

"I would love to take a tour of the hive, learning what their culture is like would help me a lot in improving the changeling integration into Equestria if I have direct contact with their lore and way of life, you think I could attend as well?."

"That sounds like an excellent idea, I can give you a personalized tour of the entire hive to clarify doubts about our way of life and discuss some ideas for integration."

"So when would the tour be?" Twilight asked.

"You're going on vacation for a couple of days dear?, I can recommend some great places to relax and very affordable, although being a princess I don't think money will be an issue."

"Hi Rarity, I'm not going on vacation, but Chrysalis invited me on a tour of the hive to learn about its history and culture."

"A tour of the changeling hive?, I would be fascinated to go, their lifestyle would give me excellent ideas for new dress designs, and when are you going to do the tour?, I want to coordinate my schedule and take Sweetie Belle."

"Where are you and Sweetie Belle going, Rarity?" Asked a Grey pegasus.

"Hi Derpy, Chrysalis is organizing a tour of the changeling hive and we are all going."

"I'm what?" The queen asked in surprise.

"A tour of the hive? cool." Said a mint green unicorn approaching. "I'll ask Bon-Bon if she'd like to come along." Lyra turned and took a deep breath.

"HEY BON-BON, CHRYSALIS IS ORGANIZING A TOUR OF THE CHANGELING HIVE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO?."

And at that moment the queen discovered she had opened the doors to the worst day of her life...

A week later the queen was very upset inside the hive and in front of the door, mumbling unintelligible things and lamenting her fate.

"This is stupid, why do I have to do this?" Asked the queen to a changeling who was next to her checking some cards with several things written down.

"Because you're the only one big enough for everypony to see, plus its good publicity that the first tour of the hive will be conducted by the queen herself."

"But why do I have to wear this yellow t-shirt and this ridiculous cap?" Asked the queen about the uniform she was wearing. "And besides if everyone is going to see me why do I need a pennant?." The queen waved a small yellow banner on a long stick she had in one of her hooves.

"It's to let everypony know that you are leading the tour." Replied the changeling.

"And why do I have to wear a nametag?, because I'm absolutely sure everypony will recognize me."

"I don't think it's necessary but it makes you look more professional."

"It makes me look more stupid, that's what it does."

The queen turned and walked to the door sighing her bad luck, she touched the wall with her hoof, and magically the wall opened a giant hole allowing the queen to see a group of at least fifty ponies coming to the "First changeling tour of cultural exchange, rapprochement of both races and blah blah blah blah...". It was a long name that the queen didn't want to bother to learn, among them were all of Cheerilee's class including Clear Spark, the princesses, Shining Armor with her daughter, a large number of Ponyville inhabitants, a few griffons and a yak.

The queen walked a few steps outside and cleared her throat before taking her speech cards and beginning to speak as neutrally as possible.

"Welcome, I am Queen Chrysalis, I will be your guide today and I thank all of you who were able to attend the first changeling culture exchange tour, and..." The queen became frustrated and threw the cards behind her back. "Please follow me and don't get separated, I don't want you to get lost and have to look for you or it will be deducted from my payment, even though no one is paying me for this..." Murmured the queen to herself at last.

Chrysalis stepped aside so that the whole group could enter the hive, but among all those present there was one in particular that caught her attention, somepony that with her past she never expected to see on a tour of the hive, somepony that she knew very well and had spoken honestly face to face, it was none other than...

"Red Bug, what are you doing here?" Asked the queen in surprise.

"Hello Chrysalis, I'm here for the hive tour." Replied the changeling with a smile.

"But-but you live here, why are you on the tour?"

"You know I like to try new things and I couldn't miss the first hive tour."

"That doesn't make sense, could you at least help me on the tour."

"That's your job, not mine, besides I paid for this tour and I want to enjoy it."

"You know the tour is free, you helped me organize it yourself."

"Hmmm..." Red Bug thought. "That's true, good luck leading the tour." Said the changeling before joining the rest of the tourists, the queen just sighed and returned to stand in front of the group.

"The first thing you may notice is that in the hive we don't have common doors, the walls form those holes that open and close randomly, they work that way as a defense mechanism against invaders and to prevent captured ponies from escaping, but we don't do that anymore, also changelings can create holes at will by touching a wall, this works only with changelings." The queen approached a wall and touched it with her hoof opening a hole instantly, surprising the group who took some pictures. "If you wish, anyone can touch the wall and you'll see that it won't work."

Twilight along with Luna and some tourists touched the wall and realized that it didn't work on them being amazed at how it worked, but a little further back somepony did manage to open a hole.

"Excuse me Chrysalis, why does it work on me?". Asked the figure.

"Because you're a changeling, Red Bug, that's why it works on you."

"Oh, right, sorry." The group laughed softly.

"Let's move on."

The queen led the group further into the hive until they came to a large room with only a few giant transparent cocoons and where a few changelings were guarding labeled boxes.

"This room was one we used to occupy to lock up and absorb the love of captured ponies, now it's used for the dance club and occasionally for storage when we have to make a large shipment in pottery products, gardening, or in this case Petlings."

"Ohh...I remember this room, I had one of the most pleasant dreams of my life in those cocoons." Commented a pony.

"We changelings are known for always giving the best service, both with our products and our captives."

The queen trying to wear her best smile continued with the tour showing the library, the new activity rooms, the nursery, and the factory among others.

"And this final room is the throne room." Said the queen touching the wall to allow her and the tour group to pass. "I don't know if anyone noticed but inside the hive and a wide radius of The Badlands the only ones who can use magic are the changelings, if anyone else tried their magic would simply be absorbed by the magic stone that makes up my throne." The queen picked up a small rock and placed it in front of the group. "If any of the unicorns present could be so kind as to come forward and try to lift this stone with their magic, everyone will be able to observe how the magic of the throne works."

"I'll do it." Cadance said stepping forward. "I just have to lift it, right?"

"Yes Cadance, but you'll see that you'll find it impossible because of the magic of the throne."

"Ok..." Cadance concentrated a bit and used his magic but the only result was that the magic accumulated in his horn vanished and was absorbed by Chrysalis' throne, astonishing the whole group and taking pictures.

"Thank you Cadance."

"Excuse me Ms. Chrysalis." Said a pony from the group.

"Yes?"

"Do your other hives also have thrones like this one?"

"No, we only have one magic throne, the other hives were just temporary quarters, and now they are basically a housing for changelings."

"And how many queens do the changelings have?"

"We only have one queen."

"And what's her name?"

"Chrysalis."

"And where is she?"

"She's in front of you, leading this tour."

"Wow... I'm learning a lot today." Said the pony, fascinated and taking a picture of the queen.

"I bet you are..." The queen hid her frustration well behind a smile as she pondered whether it would be worth spending a couple of years in jail for locking a tourist in a cocoon.

At the end of the tour, the queen led the whole group back to the entrance of the hive not forgetting to stop by the souvenir store first, she waited for them to board their wagons to return to the city before dismissing them with a smile, then she turned around and sighed at having finished the day safely, inside the hive was Clear Spark, Luna, Spike, the main six, and a couple of changelings that lived in the hive.

"You did great mom." Said the colt.

"Thanks son, but I don't plan on doing it again." Replied the queen as she took off her shirt and cap.

"You really did a very good job, my queen, this way we were able to show a little of our culture to Equestria and hopefully have more tourists in the future."

"I don't think this will generate a very high income, but it will help the world get to know us better and lose their fear more quickly, but we need a changeling who can do this job on a daily basis, can you take care of finding someling who can?" The changeling nodded his head and retreated and lost his way down one of the hallways.

"I thank you for the tour Chrysalis, it was very helpful to learn about your way of life but I would like to visit the library to learn a little more about your history and culture."

"Go ahead Twilight, you are all free to roam the hive, but I recommend that you ask a changeling for help to take you where you want to go, the hallways in this place are confusing." Twilight retreated accompanied by a changeling in the direction of the library.

"I also want to thank you for the tour Chrysalis, I think I'm going to get some interesting ideas for my next dresses but I would like to know if any of the changelings in your hives have an interest in fashion or better yet are designers."

"I don't personally remember any who have an interest in fashion, but surely asking any of the changelings who live here can help you."

"Then I want to visit the kitchen, surely they have recipes I've never seen."

"I'll go with you Pinkie, flying all day has made me a little hungry, Scoot, Fluttershy, are you coming?."

The yellow pegasus nodded and followed the girls, Scootaloo preferred to stay with her friends a while longer.

"Wait for me girls, I'm starving and I'm sure in that kitchen there's a couple of gems with my name on them." Spike quickly disappeared around a corner.

"Then I guess I'm going to go rest in my room, I came here to rest for a couple of days and that's just what I'm going to do, are you coming Apple Bloom?".

"I wanted to stay a while and play with Spark in his room." Replied the filly somewhat nervously.

"Okay, but don't stay up too late, have fun." AppleJack yawned slightly before retreating in search of her room.

"Can I go Rarity?."

"I don't see why not."

"Come on Spark." Sweetie Belle said leading the small group down a hallway and walking in a random direction completely lost inside the hive.

"Could someling lead them to Spark's room?, and if you can take some more toys and some food."

A couple of changelings nodded and quickly went in search of the little ones, Rarity also retreated in search of any changelings that could help her.

"What is the limiting range of your throne's magic, I need a location to be able to raise the moon and lower the sun, preferably a high place."

"You would have to walk to the gorge, the throne magic ends where the forest begins and I can send a couple of changelings to guide you and help you climb, but you would have to stay in the forest these days if you want to use your magic to enter the dream realm."

"Sleeping in the forest?, I haven't camped in centuries." Said the princess somewhat excited. "Yeah... it'll be fun, do you think any of the changelings want to go camping too?".

A couple of changelings raised their hooves excitedly.

"So lings, let's head out into the wild and adventure!" Shouted the princess posing heroically as she pointed towards infinity before running off in the direction of the forest.

"Great, I want to make a campfire." Said a changeling following the princess.

"I want to eat marshmallows and tell horror stories." Commented a second changeling.

"And I want to fish." Said a third.

"But we don't eat fish." A fourth changeling replied.

"I know, but I plan to catch them and throw them back into the water."

The group of changelings excitedly followed the princess out of the queen's sight.

Chrysalis stretched her limbs and walked to her room thinking that in the end, the day was not as bad as she originally thought, the unexpected tour was a success demonstrating the gigantic change of the changelings and their noticeable interest in being an important part of the nation, all her friends had fun and learned something of their culture, now she had a couple of days to show the hive to Clear Spark, and she could also rest from the daily craziness of Ponyville, the queen was pleased with how the day turned out and as she entered her room there was one thing she was completely sure of.

"Ohhh damn, I forgot Pinkie would check my oven." She said as she closed the door.

Author's Note:

This idea comes from "Guardsling66", who wanted Clear Spark to visit the hive, but I wanted to give it a more comic touch, I hope you like it.:rainbowlaugh:

The next one will be the beginning of Celestia's therapy, something suggested at the beginning by "Lord King Cocoon", but that many have wanted to read. :trollestia:

As always write your ideas in the comments or if you prefer you can do it by private message, and I will write it trying to respect the original idea, see you. :twilightsmile: