• Published 29th Jan 2023
  • 1,218 Views, 157 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected Life - coto616



This is the story of Chrysalis, Clear Spark, and the crazy small-town community during Chrysalis' ten years living in Ponyville with her son.

  • ...
4
 157
 1,218

The Therapy - Part 01.

---------------------------------
The Therapy - Part 01.
An idea proposed by Lord King Cocoon
---------------------------------

Luna had found the perfect place for Red Bug to live in Canterlot, it was an apartment in the residential area where most of the thestrals lived and very close to the homes of the non-pony inhabitants, it was about ten minutes from the small apartment to the castle but it was one of the safest areas to live in Canterlot and the market was on the way where she could chat with the other races such as griffons, yaks, thestrals, some ponies, among others.

Red Bug was also able to bring on a first trip almost everything she wanted to her new temporary home and for the rest of her things she asked to have them sent to her new address but she would have to wait for them to arrive because some things ended up in Yakyakistan, the logistics of the changelings in the purchase of raw materials and distribution of manufactured goods could be used to calibrate watches and was the envy of every company in Equestria, but they somehow got confused in sending personal items through the post office.

Red Bug wanted to live in the beautiful and not-so-common Ponyville, but she had to be in Canterlot for at least about three months while she creates a psychological profile for Celestia, then she could come in for a weekly session with the ex-princess, Luna fulfilled her part and told her everything she remembered about Celestia's past fights along with some crucial events in her life without getting into very personal territory, but they were beneficial data for Red Bug, writing down everything and comparing it with the historical records to fill in some gaps that Luna didn't remember, like the name of some places or the exact date of some fight.

With everything ready and the things stored in a bag with the image of Discord that Red Bug bought recently, she went to the castle to start the first therapy session with Celestia, she was a little nervous but beginning the treatment with a new patient was something that excited her a lot and it was much more exciting when it was a challenge, therapy sessions with Celestia to try to make her understand that she feels a blind hatred for the changelings would not be easy, she stretched her limbs, took a deep breath, put the bag with her things, confirmed that Mr. Cuddles was inside the bag, closed the door of her apartment and headed to Canterlot castle.

It was a little over noon when the changeling arrived at the castle and entered without giving importance to the look of the guards, the changeling wanted to wait until after Celestia had lunch to find the ex-princess in a better mood, everyone knew why the changeling was here and she had special permission granted by princess Luna that gave her free access to almost all the castle, so she walked without hesitation to the dungeon, at the end of it was the mare with who was going to work.

"Good afternoon Celestia, how are you today?". Asked the changeling with a smile sitting down in front of the cell.

Celestia looked up from the book she was reading and realized it was the same changeling from the other day she went back to her book.

"I know the other day I told you I would come back earlier but I couldn't make it, I had some problems I couldn't solve alone."

Celestia took no interest in the changeling and just continued in her reading but Red Bug looked at Celestia's cell and saw that there were two small piles of books and a potted plant in the window.

"You like to read, I see you have already read a good number of books in a short time."

"It's a habit, hard to break if you spend most of your time reading behind a desk."

"And that plant in the window?."

"Since I can't have Philomena with me, Luna thought it would be nice to have a plant to keep me company, but it's no use since it's just a plant."

"It's nice to have some company even if it's a plant."

"Being annoying is part of your psychology skill set?."

"Among other things but I see you're not as upset as you were the first day and you're also talking a lot more-."

"What do you want?" Celestia asked looking directly at Red Bug.

"What do I-." The question caught the changeling off guard. "I... I just want to talk to you."

"That's a lie, so tell me what you want." Celestia asked again.

"I just want to talk to you."

"I didn't keep Equestria safe for a millennium by being stupid." Celestia forcefully tossed the book to the side and approached the bars of her cell. "I will ask you one more time and if you lie again I will never spend another second of my time with something like you."

Celestia's face showed no doubt and Red Bug couldn't guess if the former monarch was telling the truth or just bluffing, Celestia could easily be locked up for years without saying a word to her and that would wreck any existing plan to make her understand that she was wrong, the stakes were too high to push her luck with the former monarch.

"I... I want to know you better, to understand why you are like this, to know... from your point of view why you don't trust Chrysalis and us, I want to know your truth." Celestia looked the changeling straight in the eyes as she spoke her words.

"That's not the whole truth but it works for me... for now." Celestia turned away and picked up the book she had thrown. "Besides I had no desire to remain silent for the rest of my sentence."

"That's good to know, so do you have anything you want to talk about?."

"At the moment I have a question, two questions actually."

"And what would they be?"

"From what I understand part of my sentence is that I have to talk to some psychologist in an attempt to remove my supposed blind hatred of Chrysalis and her race or I will be locked up for an indefinite time, so is it mandatory that I have to talk to some psychologist? Or it could be any other pony."

"Part of the agreement that Queen Chrysalis, Princess Luna, and Princess Twilight came to, is that you participate in an indefinite number of sessions with some psychologist until he or she confirms that you can be released or locked up elsewhere."

"I understand..." Celestia scratched her chin in thought. "So since I can't help but talk to somepony, is it mandatory that that psychologist be you specifically?."

"I guess not, it can be anypony really, only I was chosen to do it."

"Well then I have nothing more to talk to something like you, I will wait for a competent psychologist since from what I understand and from your own words I am not obligated to listen to you, so please withdraw." Celestia turned away and went back to her reading.

"But..." Red bug tried to reply but Celestia's face gave him to understand that she would not speak to her again, under her own rules she had been defeated and it only remained for her to withdraw, her first session was over before it began. "...Ok." Replied the changeling before retreating from the dungeon.

The changeling needed help convincing Celestia to talk and she knew the perfect group of mares for the job, and since she was in Canterlot, the first one who could help her was Luna, the princess of the night assuming there would be trouble with Celestia had taken the day off and was sleeping in her room when Red Bug appeared at her window and knocked on the door, Luna got up from her bed and stretched a little before opening the balcony door.

"Good afternoon Red Bug, are you going to go talk to my sister?". Luna asked hugging the changeling.

"I just came from talking to her and... the first session was a failure, she doesn't want to talk to me."

"So what can we do?"

"I thought I could start the therapy by myself but I was wrong, I think we're going to have to do an intervention and I'm going to need your help, Twilight's help, and Chrysalis."

"What do you mean?" Luna asked raising an eyebrow.

After a short explanation of what happened and a new plan, Red Bug left for Ponyville to talk to Chrysalis and Twilight about the intervention, while Luna would talk to Celestia to talk some sense into her.

----------------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon Luna went to the dungeon to talk to her sister again and try to talk some sense into her.

"Good afternoon dear sister, how are you today."

"Greetings Luna, to what do I owe your visit?." Celestia knew perfectly well why her younger sister had come but that didn't eliminate the fact that it was nice to be able to see her and talk to Luna one more time.

"I want to know why you don't want to talk to Red Bug, she offered to be your psychologist and get you to understand how wrong you are."

"Why does everyone think I'm wrong?, I'm not wrong and I'm not sick either, I don't need a psychologist, and they're not going to change my mind about that harpy and those bugs she calls minions, I know what she's capable of and it's only a matter of time before she makes her move and tries to conquer everything."

"She already made her move but it's not the one you think, she wants to live in peace like all of us but above all things she wants to be the mother Clear Spark never had, even you can't deny what she did for him, neither can you deny the fact that the changelings want to openly integrate into society or the help they have provided to Equestria."

"And you why do you think she is good now?".

"I don't think so, I know she is good now and she has proven it on more than one occasion."

"And does that erase all the evil she caused in the past?, one good deed doesn't erase all her bad deeds, saving one life doesn't forgive the thousand she destroyed and you know that too."

"Yes I do, and I also know that over time ponies can change for the better or... for the worse." Luna lamented saying the last part as she referred to herself and her older sister. "My attempt to take over Equestria almost destroyed everything we loved, but even though it took a lot of getting used to this new world, I changed and left those ideas in the past, even though I have to thank Twilight and her friends for all that, I couldn't have gotten rid of the darkness in my heart alone, that same darkness that took over your heart days ago when you tried to take over Equestria and start a genocide, should we have left you in that corrupted form and exiled you to the moon for a thousand years for the simple fear that you might do something wrong?."

"If you think so dear sister, then why am I being kept locked up in this place?" Celestia asked with a hint of sarcasm as she touched the bars of her cell.

"And why do you think she is evil?".

"And why do you think she won't betray you?, why are you so sure she's not waiting for the perfect moment to bury a dagger in your back?"

"I believe in her because I want to, because I have hope for the future filled with the peace we fought for so long to obtain because like her I never want to have to draw my sword again and for a moment in my life I want to live in peace even if it is for a brief moment."

Celestia sighed and approached the bars.

"I would really like the day to come when I can wake up without having to worry about someone wanting to destroy us, without fearing the shadows in the dark, without imagining what horrible plans our enemies have, I want an Equestria like that, but during the centuries that I reigned alone, I learned the hard way that we live in a dangerous world with threats lurking in every corner, where there is always somepony with a desire to get more even if it costs some lives, during my reign trust ceased to be a standard and became a luxury hard to find and much more to maintain. "

Celestia stretched out her hoof to touch her sister and Luna responded by lifting her hoof to make contact.

"I have suffered very deep wounds for a long time that forged my heart in the way that was necessary for this nation to survive, and I am sorry for what happened between us but I cannot trust Chrysalis."

"We all had difficult lives including Chrysalis, but in your zeal to protect Equestria you ended up becoming a threat to it and that is why you are here, I will come to see you again in the week dear sister, and that is a luxury I did not have when I was on the moon."

Luna retreated from the dungeon without another word, she only hoped that her words would dent the hard heart of her older sister, Celestia on her part could only watch as an important part of her life disappeared through a wooden door leaving her with a strange feeling that she would not see her again for a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------

The next day Celestia was having lunch and chatting with the pony who was locked in the cell in front of her not believing a word he was saying but fascinated by what he was telling her and the emotion he was putting into his fantasy.

"I think you should be in a hospital, those wounds don't look too good."

"Some scars can heal, others stay with us as an eternal reminder of who we were before." Replied an Equine figure barely visible from the shadows.

"But there are magic and medical treatments for somepony like you, you won't be completely regenerated but you can live a normal life and you wouldn't be locked up here."

"I tried to be a normal stallion and live a decent life in indecent Equestria, but I was wrong, the world is cruel, merciless and there is only one ethics in this world, objective, impartial, fair."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about-." The wooden door opened interrupting the stallion as he spoke and a female figure much smaller in size than Princess Luna but holding the same title walked down the stone hallway in Celestia's direction.

"It's good to see you again Twilight, I hope that me being locked in here you won't slack off and stop making your reports about what you've learned from the magic of friendship."

"I haven't forgotten prin- Celestia." Twilight pulled out a scroll she had under her wing and hoofed it to Celestia. "It's about what I've learned these past few days with everything that's happened, you'll imagine its contents."

Celestia frowned slightly as she received the scroll. "I'll read it a little later if you don't mind."

"You may read it when it pleases you to do so, but I came on other business." Replied the young alicorn, Celestia being a smart mare could easily imagine what it was about but she had to ask the question anyway.

"Can you tell me what it's about?"

"You believed at one time in the things you wanted to teach me?."

"Of course I believe in them, it's the basis of everything I tried to teach you and it was the reason I wanted you to stop being a hermit."

"Then why can't you believe that Chrysalis has changed?, you always taught me to offer a hoof of friendship and that's what I ended up doing, just like Princess Luna, Cadance, Cheerilee, and all the others, and we have seen on more than one occasion that she has done the possible and the impossible to live peacefully in Ponyville along with all her friends and along with her son, she risked her own freedom in an attempt to give Clear Spark a better life and I'm sure she wouldn't think twice about doing the exact same thing for her son, we all believe in her except for you."

"I know that mare much better than all of you, I know at some point she is going to try to take over Equestria and I'm sorry I won't be there to stop her."

"So you're willing to forgive anyone as long as it's not Chrysalis, I'm sorry to hear that, I thought you would be the most pleased to hear of Chrysalis' change in attitude and the peace that came with it."

"I know this is all a lie and I know at some point you'll figure it out."

"You know what hurts me the most about all of this?, it's that day when we got back to Ponyville, seeing you turn into that monster and having to fight to try and stop you, I doubted every second that was real and hoped that every time you attacked me the blow would wake me up from that nightmare, but it didn't and all I felt with every attack was pain." Twilight's eyes glazed over and she lowered her head as she remembered the fight.

"You attacked me Celestia...and...and.... every attack hurt... it hurt so much... and you made me bleed." Twilight wiped away the tears that were forming in her eyes before continuing. "And the only thing... and the only thing I could do was to look at the hate-filled monster that minutes before was my former tutor."

Celestia lowered her head in shame and stood in silence not knowing what to say, there were no words to apologize for what she had done. "Twilight I-."

"But since I am now an alicorn my body is already healed of its wounds, almost all of them." Twilight said interrupting the former monarch as she wiped her eyes before lifting her head and using her best smile to look at Celestia again. "It was good to see you again prin... Celestia, have a nice afternoon."

The princess of friendship turned to leave the dungeon when she saw a small, shiny object roll towards her colliding with one of her hooves.

"Sorry to bother you princess, but would you be so kind as to pass me my coin?". The stallion asked from the shadows.

Twilight took the coin with her hoof and held it out to the stallion. "Here you go."

"Thank you." Said the stallion before stretching out his hoof and taking the coin, it was completely covered in burns and a few scars, but Twilight didn't seem to mind, she had a lot on her mind at the moment. "Have a nice afternoon."

"You too." Twilight retreated from the dungeon as the sound of a coin spinning in the air could be heard, Celestia for her part could only watch as another important figure seemed to leave her life.

----------------------------------------------------------

Celestia was alone in the dungeon as somehow the stallion in front of her had managed to escape during the night using the coin he had, the ex-princess had very little hunger because of the conversation she had yesterday with Twilight, as well as the conversation with her sister the day before.

The ex-princess was looking at her plate of food when she heard the door open to allow somepony to enter the dungeon, she got up from the bed and approached the bars to get a better look and could only find a tall dark figure that was the physical representation of all her problems approaching her cell.

Celestia frowned knowing she would have yet another irritating and completely unavoidable conversation but quickly changed her face to a cheerful one, she would not give Chrysalis the satisfaction of looking defeated.

"So you're my future holiday ghost?." Celestia said sarcastically, making Chrysalis think for a moment.

"That's a good analogy but unlike Twilight and Luna, I didn't come to argue with you to talk sense into you, so for both our sakes I'll save us both that trouble, I was asked to do it and I said I'd try but we both know you have no intention of changing your mind."

"Then why did you come here?"

"If I couldn't change your mind a message had to be delivered and it seemed appropriate for me to do it since I'm the last one to talk to you, after that you'll never see me again."

"Something good I got from my confinement, can you tell me what it is?." Celestia said with a somewhat sinister smile, never seeing that black harpy again would certainly improve her stay behind bars.

"The deal is off and you will be locked up in Tartarus or a stone statue for a thousand years, frankly I don't care which one it is so I will let Luna or Twilight decide that, my only interest is keeping you as far away from my life, my changelings and most of all my son's life as possible, I can handle your hatred for me any day of the week but when it comes to the life of Clear Spark, the very foal you were going to let that hydra eat." Chrysalis closed her eyes and shook her head. "I feel sorry for you Celestia but that's something I don't plan on allowing and I honestly don't want to see you free on the streets again."

"They can't do that, you know that's not going to happen." Celestia replied angrily.

"I'll tell you what is going to happen, when your sentence is finally over you will be free to wander around an Equestria completely unknown to you, surrounded by ponies and changelings who live in harmony and all they know about you is that you are an ancient legend used to scare away foals, a memory of a bygone era."

"You're kidding right, I'm not going to end up locked up for a thousand years."

"You already lost the love, and respect of your subjects, and you also lost the love and respect Twilight felt for you, but I believe she told you that yesterday when she said goodbye to you, I would say it was a pleasure to meet you but we both know I would be lying even though I feel a degree of respect for you being one of my most formidable rivals."

Chrysalis gave a small bow to the former solar monarch.

"See you in a thousand years Celestia, I just hope that gives you enough time to think." Chrysalis turned around and walked to leave the dungeon.

"They can't do that... I WON'T LET THEM DO THAT...I AM CELESTIA...COME BACK HERE CHRYSALIS, COME BACK HERE, TALK TO ME CHRYSALIS." Celestia shouted as she watched the queen leave the dungeon and close the door behind her, leaving her accompanied by resentment and hate-filled words that poured out of her snout but had nowhere to go.

----------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis exiting the dungeon walked calmly down the hallway where at the end of it was Luna, Twilight, and Red Bug, all waiting for her to find out how she had fared.

"And you were able to talk to my sister?".

"It was a short conversation but I made my point."

"And what did you tell prin- to Celestia?."

"I told her the truth about what would happen, I knew that if I told her otherwise she simply wouldn't listen so I changed the plan a bit and spoke to her truthfully."

"And do you think your plan will work with my sister?".

"Sometimes some ponies are harder-headed than average and for those ponies, you need a little dose of reality passed on by those who have influenced their lives the most, I'm sure two or three days in solitary will give Celestia time to change her mind."

"There is one thing I don't understand about all this Chrysalis." Twilight said looking at the queen. "If you are the one with the least intentions of freeing Celestia, why would you want to help her?, I know you would be the happiest to leave Celestia locked up in Tartarus for a thousand years."

"Because all of you knowing my past gave me a second chance and allowed me to live a life in peace, the least I can do is give Celestia that second chance."

"I appreciate your words Chrysalis and I hope Red Bug's plan works."

"I know it will work, after all not every session with a psychologist has to be in an office."

The four mares began to walk down the castle hallway with no apparent direction as they discussed the next part of Red Bug's plan, where Luna and Twilight would have to play an important part to make Celestia realize they weren't joking.

Author's Note:

The next chapter will be something special and will explain something that many wanted to know and many suspected. :raritywink: