• Published 29th Jan 2023
  • 1,219 Views, 157 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected Life - coto616



This is the story of Chrysalis, Clear Spark, and the crazy small-town community during Chrysalis' ten years living in Ponyville with her son.

  • ...
4
 157
 1,219

Mommyshy and Dadcord.

---------------------------------
Mommyshy and Dadcord.
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was busy going over a notebook with a list of things she had to do before she returned home, the day was sunny and she had plenty of time to work so there was no pressure of time, besides she was happy to help Fluttershy at the sanctuary and the pegasus always appreciated any help, she had been doing this job for a long time and knew the place perfectly, She also knew the feeding schedules of the animals, the way she had to feed them and their sleep cycles, it took her a little while to understand how to do it at first, but thanks to practice and the patience of the Pegasus, the queen managed to learn everything she needed to know to take care of the animals.

One of her most important tasks was to check if the birds' nests would survive the winter or if the burrows had any problems inside, and she was the only one who could do that, thanks to her ability to change her shape and test them to give them the green light.

"Let's see, the water in the springs is fine, the nests are ready, one burrow needs a check for excess moisture and... check the expiration date on the medicine." The Queen said to herself as she checked what she'd written down.

"If it's the same burrow as the other day, I'll have to tell Fluttershy that these rabbits will have to live somewhere else. The land near the river is very soft and can easily be flooded if it rains one of these days."

"Hello Chrysalis." A Pegasus said, approaching the queen a bit nervously, which was nothing new for the Pegasus.

"Morning Fluttershy, need help with something?"

"There is something I wanted to ask you."

"What do you want to ask me, is it about the burrow?, I'm going to check it right now. If I'm right, we'll have to move the rabbits somewhere else."

"That's not it, it's something else." The Pegasus said as she moved to the side.

"Then what do you want to know?"

"You... Why did you want to help me at the sanctuary?."

"What do you mean?" The queen asked with an air of intrigue.

"You could work anywhere in Ponyville, and I know you had other places in mind, like the Spa, the Boutique, or Sugarcube Corner. You could make some money there, too."

"And?"

"This job is difficult, lonely, for many not very pleasant, and the expenses are..." Remembering that most of her months ended in the red, Pegasus felt embarrassed.

"Fluttershy, I've been around long enough to know that you can barely afford the expenses of this place, that's why I always tell you that you can go door to door every month and ask for donations. I can even ask one of my changelings if they want to do it."

"I know, but I don't want to bother others with my problems, besides you already help me for free and that's more than enough. But seriously, I would like to know why you decided to work here."

"I think I told you that a long time ago, when I first started to help you."

"You never did."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Uhh... that's weird, I was absolutely sure that I told you that months ago."

"You're the only one who's willing to help me almost every day in this place. I'd remember if you had."

The queen thought for a moment and was sure that she had told the Pegasus some time ago, but there was a chance that she never had. There was nothing wrong with telling her anyway.

"A few years ago, when I was with AppleJack at her farm, she told me it would be good for me to get a job so I wouldn't die of boredom at home, and since money is no problem for me, I started looking for a job that was rewarding or interesting. I remember with Rarity it was pretty boring."

"Boring?"

"Yeah, all I had to do was stand still for hours while she worked on the dresses, she told me I had a great future as a high fashion model because I could change shape or color, but my body already had enough holes to keep taking the pin pricks, or had them." Fluttershy giggled.

"I see, so what was your next attempt?"

"After that, I can't remember if I worked at Sugarcube Corner before or after the spa, but it turns out I don't have enough patience to work in customer service, and then I helped Twilight as a temporary teacher at the school, but it turns out the changeling story is not very friendly to say the least, plus I hate paperwork and having to make up 200 exams a week, so no thanks."

"So why did you choose to work here?"

"Because one of the things I was looking for in a job was not to have a boss over me. Everywhere else I've been an employee and here I'm a volunteer, plus I like nature, I get a lot of exercise and fresh air."

"Well, I will always be grateful for your help, have a nice day." With that, the Pegasus quickly left the place and disappeared behind some trees.

The next day, the queen was checking out an area near some bushes to help the rabbits build their new den. Fluttershy appeared again.

"Morning Chrysalis, need help with anything?"

"Hi Fluttershy, I'm just checking out an area to build the new den, the one these rabbits currently have I don't think will last more than a few days and I think this is a good place to build it." A group of rabbits that accompanied the queen nodded their heads. They also checked the ground.

"Okay, if you need any help, you know where to find me, and good luck to you." Again, the Pegasus quickly disappeared into the trees. The queen didn't give it much thought as she turned into a mole and started digging.

On the third day, the yellow Pegasus also made a surprise appearance to check up on the queen.

"Hi Chrysalis, what are you doing?"

"Hi Fluttershy, I'm doin' a check on the feed, and we're a little low on birdseed."

"Ok... have a nice day." Once again, Fluttershy disappeared into the trees.

The Pegasus did this for the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh day. On the eighth day, she approached the queen again.

"Hm... hello Chrysalis." Said the Pegasus.

"Hi Fluttershy, is something wrong?" The queen asked as she fed a couple of mice.

"Um, yeah, how's the weather?" The pegasus asked with a smile.

"Uuuuuhh... sunny?" Asked the intrigued queen, looking at the sun shining in all its splendor above them.

"That's good, okay, have a nice day, bye."

"Bye?" The queen replied with a lot of hesitation as she watched the Pegasus slip out of her sight and disappear into the trees once more.

"By all means..." An ethereal voice said before Discord appeared out of nowhere a few meters away from the queen. The God of Chaos snapped his fingers and made Fluttershy appear in front of Chrysalis, the pegasus jumped in fright and closed her eyes trying to run back into the forest, but every time she got a few meters further the Draconequus used his magic and transported her back in front of the queen. "...Fluttershy stop, you promised to talk to her."

"Talk to me?, about what?" The confused queen asked as she watched the Pegasus run for a few more meters and then be transported back to the starting point.

"We want to ask you for help with something important. She promised to ask you, but as usual, she's afraid to." The Draconequus replied, snapping his fingers at intervals of a few seconds.

The God of Chaos got tired of watching his little companion try to escape. He snapped his fingers again and put Fluttershy on a giant hamster wheel.

"How long can she run like that?" The Queen asked as she watched the Pegasus spin the wheel.

"About ten minutes, she has a lot of endurance to be honest with you."

"And you can't stop her?"

"Yes... I think it would be best. Give me a second to shut her down." The God of Chaos approached the Pegasus and smacked the Pegasus's snout with his claw, causing it to wrinkle its face at the touch and slowly begin to stop as it scratched its snout."

"DISCORD!" The Pegasus roared angrily. "You know I don't like it when you do that to me."

"I'm sorry Flutters, but you've been avoiding Chrysalis for a long time."

"I'm not avoiding Chrysalis."

"Really?, you were just asking Chrysalis about the weather."

The Pegasus covered her face with her mane.

"Fluttershy, we thought about this for a long time and we agreed that you would ask her. I don't know why you're so nervous."

"You're right, we've discussed it and we both agree it's for the best, I have to be brave."

"My brain just shut down for a second?, because I don't know what's going on." The Queen said without understanding the scene, she knew she had missed something important. The Pegasus approached the Queen and stood in front of her, the God of Chaos placed himself at her side to give her all the moral support he could.

"Chrysalis, we would like to adopt a foal." Pegasus said with determination.

"That's good, I congratulate you, but why do you need my help? The way to raise a natural foal is very similar to raising an adopted foal."

"We know that, and we have read several books on the subject. Fluttershy has read them, but we want to adopt something less conventional." The God of Chaos added.

"Something less conventional, like a chair?" The Queen asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not a chair, a foal." Replied the Draconequus.

"Well, because a foal is not a thing you can buy in any store for a few coins. It is a living being with feelings and sensations that deserves a home full of love and care." The queen replied seriously to the words of the god of chaos.

"I'm sorry... I think I'm much more nervous than I thought." Discord said as he scratched at the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Just that we've been thinking for months about if we're ready, or if it's a good idea, or if we need to learn something else, or if we should wait longer, or..."

"Discord." The queen said, interrupting the nervous chaos god. "'You'll be fine, trust me."

"How can you be so sure?" Fluttershy asked.

"Because you both look worried."

"But what if we do something wrong? What if we get something wrong?"

"Fluttershy, everyone makes mistakes, I have a thousand years of experience being a mother and I still make mistakes, the best thing you can do is prepare yourself. Besides, you're a mare and taking care of foals is in your DNA."

"Thank you." The pegasus said with a smile.

"Then why do you need my help?"

"We did a lot of thinking with Fluttershy and we want to... adopt a changeling."

"A changeling?"

"Yes, can't we?" Fluttershy asked.

"No one's ever adopted one outside of the hive. I don't know if it's really possible, since changelings have special needs." The queen replied, scratching her chin.

"We need to learn something special about the little ones?."

"Yes, but give me a few days to find out if there are any legal problems with the adoption. Or if you can have him in your home."

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you..." The Pegasus replied, hugging the queen until she was almost breathless.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later Chrysalis was with a changeling in charge of the nursery and both of them were waiting at the entrance of the hive for the wagon to arrive that was bringing Fluttershy and Discord. The queen and the changeling agreed to teach her everything they needed to know about taking care of a larva and later a nymph, for the changeling there was no major problem but there were a few things that would cause some problems in the first few months.

When the wagon arrived, a small number of ponies who had come as tourists to see the hive got off, the queen was grateful not to have to be a tourist guide anymore. Fluttershy and Discord also got off the wagon, their faces showing a bit of annoyance.

"Hello Fluttershy, hello Discord, is something wrong?" The queen asked.

"It's just that I've never liked walking, but thanks for helping us."

"No problem, this is Esmeralda, she is one of the nursery keepers. Together we will teach you everything you need to know about taking care of a larva and a nymph."

"I haven't been able to sleep all week because I'm so nervous about coming here, I've been asking Twilight for every book she has on motherhood and advice for my mother like when she took care of my brother or me. Is hard to take care of a changeling?." Fluttershy asked.

Fluttershy asked.

"It's not much different than taking care of a foal, but since you're not changelings you're going to have problems with some things, but my job is to teach you how to do it, I'm just wondering, do you have any rugs or clothes you don't want to lose?" The changeling asked.

"I have a wicker rug that belonged to my grandmother. Is there a problem with that?

"No, but my advice is to pack it away for the first few months."

"Will the mini changelings be able to eat it? I have a few things I don't want our child to eat as well." The God of Chaos asked.

"I don't think they will eat it, but that's a good reason to take it out, but let's go inside and we'll show them everything on the way." Said the queen as she entered the hive.

The place was still the maze with changelings flying in all directions that the god of chaos remembered, but with the occasional tourists and the production of petlings they built a large central hallway that served to get almost anywhere in the hive, they also installed some signs indicating directions and signs in some rooms like the storage, bathrooms and gift shop among others, not that the changelings needed any of that, but it helped a lot for tourists and ponies coming to do some work.

"Chrysalis, can I ask you something?" Fluttershy asked as she walked down the hall beside the ruler.

"What do you want to know?"

"It's just that we're going to be taught how to take care of a little changeling here. I would have liked to borrow a book to read before I came and be a little more prepared." The Pegasus said a little nervously.

"Taking care of our little ones has always been very simple and we have always passed on the information by word of mouth. Keep them clean, give them lots of love and make sure the nymphs don't kill each other." The changeling replied.

"Excuse me Miss Esmeralda, I'm sure I heard you wrong, but did you say that you keep the nymphs from killing each other?" Discord said.

"Larvae and nymphs share our natural hunter traits and the aggressiveness that comes with it. We adults can control our instincts better, but the little ones don't know how yet and accidents are normal in the first months of development."

"Accidents?" Fluttershy asked in surprise.

"Yes, superficial wounds, bruises, contusions, deep wounds, nothing serious."

"How can you say it's not serious?" Fluttershy asked.

"You know, we shed our exoskeletons from time to time, and just like spiders or other insects, we can regenerate almost any wound or even a limb. But you won't have to worry about that since there won't be any other larvae around."

"My Queen, they will have to pay special attention to something else in particular."

"That is true."

"Is there a problem?" Discord asked.

"The larvae's and nymphs' saliva is corrosive, especially the larvae's, and will likely dissolve anything it touches, so I recommend it doesn't touch your skin."

"So we won't be able to hug it?" The Pegasus asked disappointedly.

"You will be able to, but you will need a special blanket we are making, they are doing final tests to make sure it works perfectly." The Queen replied.

"We have also ensured that it is easily washable and hypoallergenic." Added the changeling.

"And no changeling complained about the fact that a Pegasus and a Draconequus wanted to adopt a larva? The Pegasus asked.

"Our system of parenthood is very different from that of the other races, but it has the same result, and in many cases, it is better."

"What do you mean by that?" Discord asked.

"You'll have a better understanding when you see the nursery." The changeling replied, touching a wall and opening a hole that led to a special room that was guarded by a pair of large changelings.

The room had hundreds of eggs, larvae crawling on the floors and some of the walls, nymphs running everywhere screaming and fighting among them, and several changelings flying from place to place either separating the fighting nymphs or detaching the larvae that were climbing the walls looking for ways to escape, also from time to time hugging them until they fell asleep and placed them on beds that looked like giant green marshmallows.

"This is our maternity ward. This area is restricted to anyone who is not a changeling, and for your safety I advise you not to touch anything." The changeling stepped into the room and waited for the couple to enter before closing the door.

"Oh my... whose eggs are all these?" The Pegasus said in surprise.

"They are ours, I have laid some of these eggs myself, as well as our queen and the other changelings that you have met so far."

"Do any of these eggs belong to you?" The chaos god asked the queen.

"No, I haven't laid eggs in years. But I know Red Bug laid some a few days ago." Chrysalis replied.

"And doesn't she have a problem with the fact that someone else is in charge of her little ones?"

"What we mean by that is that our parenting system is very different from yours, we consider all of our eggs to be our children. When a changeling feels ready to lay eggs, she comes to the hive and is placed in the special rooms at the back." The changeling said, pointing her hoof at some small holes in the walls of the nursery. "Then we all take care of them equally as if we were one big family, and if a pair of changelings wants to take care of an egg or a nymph by themselves, they are free to do so."

"But does that mean that Red Bug has given up his egg so that someone else can take care of it for her?"

"Not at all, no changeling is obligated to take care of their own eggs, it's just that we are specialists in it, just like other changelings are specialists in other things, it's like taking your sick foal to the doctor, it's just that Pony is a specialist, basically we are the adoptive mothers of the hive, I know it's hard to understand, but it's the best explanation I can give you."

"It's a mother's duty to love her child and make sure it has the best future possible. And I assure you they are the best at their job."

"So you're Red Bug's sister?"

"I don't really know, I'm from an older generation, so I'm probably... her mother... or her aunt, I know I'm not her grandmother because I'm not that old." The changeling replied thoughtfully.

"So what do they do when a changeling likes another changeling and it turns out to be his brother or his own mother? Isn't that strange?"

"Our genetic code has a way of eliminating identical genetic patterns through close kinship in the case of sexual relations between two changelings who share the same genes, it also uses the genetic code of the parents as a basis for searching and eliminating genetic malformations and very pronounced mutations, this is the reason why we changelings are almost identical."

"So that means that all Changelings are basically sibling?" The Draconequus asked.

"We prefer to call ourselves cousins. It's less confusing for the other races and raises far fewer questions."

"I see, and here I thought all Changelings came from the Queen's Furnace based on how they're related." The God of Chaos commented.

"What?" Asked the offended queen.

"You know, you're insects and... you're their queen... and the queen always lays the eggs in the hives... and I'd better shut up." Discord said, speaking lower and lower, his voice getting higher and higher.

"Fluttershy, you'd better control... your mate, or I'm going to give him a very painful reason to shut up, and you're going to have to find another way to entertain yourself at night." The queen said with an angry look at the god of chaos, who was trying to hide himself behind his little companion.

"I don't think that's necessary, he seems to have gotten the message." The Pegasus replied, looking at the frightened Chaos God.

"Now I have a better understanding of your words about who had the power." The changeling said to the queen as she reigned quietly.

"So how does the adoption process go?, do we have to talk to someone special?" The Pegasus asked.

"It's very simple, all you have to do is go in there and pick a random egg to take home with you." The changeling replied, pointing into the room.

Fluttershy was about to enter when the queen stopped her, causing the pegasus to look at her confusedly.

"One of us better bring you the egg. We don't want you to get eaten alive or... melt."

At that moment, the door opened and a changeling with a blanket on his back stepped in.

"My queen, here is the fabric you requested, we have run all the tests and they have been successful, we have also put a label on it that states that it needs to be washed with hoof and with warm water, do you need anything else?"

"No thanks, this will do." The queen replied, taking the blanket with her hoof and examining it, it was of a dark color and slightly reflected the light, but it did not look like a normal cloth, it seemed to be made of thousands of small scales sewn together, the changeling said goodbye and left the place.

"This is an excellent time for Fluttershy to understand what we mean by it being safe for us to enter the nursery." The queen said, motioning for the changeling to enter in search of an egg.

The changeling entered the room and flew around inspecting the eggs, apparently looking for one in particular, but not more than a few seconds had passed when a group of nymphs jumped up aggressively with the intention of biting her, there were also some larvae that growled at her as she passed, Then she approached a group of eggs and grabbed one to take it back, but as she did, a nymph took advantage of the moment to make her attack, clinging to the changeling's hoof with her small teeth, growling aggressively all the while. The changeling, seeing that she had a passenger, descended a bit and shook her hoof, freeing herself from the bite and allowing the nymph to fall gracefully to the ground, finally landing next to Fluttershy.

"I think this one is perfect, I didn't want to take one that was too new or about to hatch, this egg will be hatched in a little over a month and will be perfect for you to learn the basics, are you ready?" Fluttershy nodded her head and so did the god of chaos.

"Okay, the first thing you need to learn is that the eggs, larvae and nymphs need three things, you need to keep them clean, give them love and keep them from getting hurt, and... that's all you need to know, any questions?"

The changeling's words left the Pegasus and her companion very confused, they were really expecting something much more difficult to learn. The Pegasus was sure that her mind had been disconnected and that she had missed a big and long important part of the explanation, so she raised her hoof to ask.

"Yes, could you repeat everything from the beginning? I think I missed something important."

"Of course." The changeling replied before clearing her throat. "Okay, the first thing you need to learn is that the eggs, larvae and nymphs need three things, you need to keep them clean, give them love and keep them from getting hurt, and... that's all you need to know, any questions?" Finally, she smiled broadly at the couple, who didn't seem to understand the instructions very well. It was then that the queen decided to intervene.

"Taking care of our little ones is very similar to taking care of a foal, which you can find in any maternity book, only they eat less solid food, need more cuddling and they bite a lot more, but they won't tear your skin, it's more like..." The Queen thought of an analogy. "It's like when a kitten bites you, it won't hurt you, but it will be painful because their teeth are small and look like needles." With this explanation, the couple was much calmer.

"So if the way to take care of a changeling is easy, why did you tell us that you could only teach us here?" The God of Chaos asked.

"Because of this." The queen replied, showing them the special cloth she had sent for. "The saliva is very dangerous to non-changelings, Esmeralda, could you bring some volunteers and two pieces of wood? The changeling nodded and handed the egg to Chrysalis before flying back to the nursery. A few seconds later she returned with two branches and two changelings, one carrying a larva and one carrying a nymph, both looking very angry.

"Now take a good look at what happens when a nymph's saliva touches wood." Esmeralda approached one of the branches to the nymph held by one of the changelings, the little creature sniffed at it for a second and hissed a few times before biting it. After a few seconds, some smoke came out of the branch and Esmeralda took it out of her mouth to show it to Discord and Fluttershy.

The couple stepped back in fear, surprised to see that the wood had been corroded by the little creature's saliva.

"Hmmm... this little guy is still a few weeks away from leaving the nursery." Esmeralda said, examining the bitten branch. "Now watch what happens with a larva."

The changeling brought the branch closer to the larva who, without thinking, immediately bit into it. After a few seconds more smoke came out of the larva's mouth and finally it fell to the ground, broken in two and completely corroded by the larva's saliva.

"WOW, it looks like this little guy just hatched."

"Oh, by Celestia, that doesn't look safe at all." Fluttershy said.

"And it's not. That's why we made this cloth." The queen then showed the special cloth to the Pegasus, who examined it carefully. "It's made from small pieces of our exoskeletons, so you can take the larvae without a problem. Our skin is immune to their saliva."

"We'll also make a special cradle for you to put your future child to sleep, and a stroller made from the same material. You can take it around town, but be careful if it tries to bite anything."

"Thank you for the help, and can I use a piece of this special fabric to make a chew toy for him? If he wants to chew things, I want it to be something he can't damage, or at least something he can't melt?" The Pegasus asked.

"You can do that, but you'd better wait a few days until we can make more cloth and some yarn you can work with. Besides, you won't need it until the egg hatches." The queen replied.

"We will also need to monitor his development at least once a week, he will be the first changeling to grow outside of a hive and we want to make sure his development is optimal. It will also be a good way to know what happens when a changeling grows outside of a hive and if you have any doubts you can ask the visiting changeling." Esmeralda added.

"Will they be scheduled visits or surprise visits? I know we'll meet your expectations, but I don't want them to visit us and we're in Canterlot or somewhere else." Discord said.

"They will be scheduled visits, once a week from today. When the egg hatches, we will reschedule them from that day on."

"Sounds good, is that okay with you Fluttershy?" The Chaos God asked and the Pegasus nodded her head.

"Well, then I'm going to clean the egg one last time and show you something that I don't think either one of you noticed when you first got here." The changeling said with a smile before disappearing into the nursery. The Pegasus and the Chaos God looked at each other, not knowing what Esmeralda was referring to.

While they waited for Esmeralda to return, the queen explained that the corrosive saliva was due to the fact that their stomachs produced it in excess and as they grew older it became less corrosive. The branches were used as a measuring method so that when it was no longer corrosive they could walk through the hive without causing problems.

A short time later, Esmeralda returned with the egg and stood in front of Fluttershy.

"I came back with your egg, ready for you to take it between your hooves, but before you did, did you notice something?, Do you feel that something has changed in you?" The changeling asked, looking at the couple.

"What do you mean?" Discord asked.

"Queen Chrysalis told me that you had been thinking about this for a long time, and that when you wanted to ask her, Miss Fluttershy was too nervous to do it, and that you had been waiting for this day all week, but when you got closer to the nursery, your reaction was completely different, much colder and calmer, as if you were a couple buying a couch, did you notice?"

"I hadn't noticed, is it something bad?" The Pegasus asked.

"Not at all, it is something completely normal in this place, and it is due to the eggs, they slowly absorb love from the environment and change the personalities of those around them, when there are few eggs it is not a problem, but when you are exposed to so many eggs without being prepared you will act like you are acting now, I assure you you will not have this problem at home, but you will have a slight problem now when you touch your egg." The changeling replied as he approached Fluttershy.

"Better get behind her just in case." The Queen whispered to the Draconequus.

"Now, gently touch the egg." The Pegasus approached and placed her hoof on the egg, causing it to fall to the side, but Discord was quick to react and caught the Pegasus before it hit the ground.

"What happened to her?" The God of Chaos asked in horror.

"Emotional shock, it will pass in a few hours, but you should touch the egg as well, it's not painful and believe me, it's a lot safer to do it here in the hive." The queen replied.

"WHAT?" Discord cried in fear. "I don't want to faint from..." The Chaos God began to lose consciousness and slowly his body began to tilt, but Chrysalis moved quickly and positioned her body to catch the Chaos God before he fell to the ground. Losing his strength, he let go of Fluttershy, who slid gently to the ground.

"Faust... I didn't think it weighed that much." The Queen said, struggling not to collapse under the weight of the Chaos God, then transformed into a gorilla and gently laid Discord on the ground beside Fluttershy before returning to her original form and then her disguise.

"So it's true as the legends say, you did change how you look." The changeling said, seeing the queen's royal form.

"Yes, I think we all will in time. But why did you touch Discord with the egg without telling him?

"Because knowing his personality, he would spend a lot of time resisting the idea. Also, I have a lot of work to do in the nursery, and this way we already solved the worst part, and when they wake up, it will be easier to explain to them what happened." Esmeralda replied to the queen.

"You are right, at least help me to get them to the recovery room." The queen said, trying to put the god of chaos on her back.

"Just give me a second to get this egg to a safe place." The changeling flew back to the nursery and placed the egg in a safe place, wrapping it in the special cloth they had made. She then returned to Chrysalis.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, Fluttershy woke up with a headache, and when she opened her eyes, she saw that she was in a room full of green cushions of different shades and glowing gems on the ceiling that lit everything up, there were changelings coming in and out of the room, there were also other changelings sleeping, and a little further away on another side of the room, Discord was sleeping with Chrysalis standing next to him.

"I see you woke up, are you okay?" Asked a female voice approaching the Pegasus.

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked as she stood up with Esmeralda's help. "Thank you."

"You've had an emotional shock, it's quite normal when a changeling touches an egg, but you non changelings suffered a much stronger reaction, do you feel dizzy, numb, sleepy or thirsty?"

"I'm a little thirsty, is that normal?"

"Yes, I'll get you some water and when Discord wakes up, I'll explain everything." The changeling said before flying out of the room. Meanwhile, Fluttershy went to check on Discord, who was still sleeping peacefully.

A few minutes later, when Discord was already awake and had a big glass of water, the whole group went into another room to have a quiet talk, Esmeralda had the egg with her and knew that this might be the last time she would have it between her hooves.

As soon as they sat down at a table, the changeling began to speak.

"Well, what happened to you a little while ago was an emotional shock, and that's one of the reasons we wanted you to come here. It's safer for you and the egg."

"What's an emotional shock?" Discord asked with a lift of his claw.

"Do you remember when we told you that eggs naturally absorb love from their surroundings?" The queen asked, and the pair nodded. "An emotional shock is the same thing but a thousand times more powerful and immediate, it happens because when you touch an egg it feels a huge amount of love and tries to absorb as much as it can, but it takes with it all the emotions of the changeling, or in your cases, the Pony, and the Draconequus, but since the egg cannot control them, it returns them all at once like a tsunami, it does this many times in a fraction of a second and your body breaks down from the stress."

"How are we supposed to take care of the egg if this is going to happen every time we touch it?" Fluttershy asked worriedly.

"It only happens the first time with each egg, a normal changeling can touch two or three eggs before collapsing, I can touch a little over ten, but Esmeralda and the other changelings in charge of the nursery don't have that problem, it takes special skills and much training to control your emotions."

"That's why we told you that we are the best ones for this job, we are the only ones who can move the eggs from one place to another inside the nursery without worrying about being affected. It's a very delicate job and we can't risk a changeling collapsing in mid-flight while carrying an egg, or crashing on a pile of eggs, causing a tragedy that we could have avoided."

"Now I understand what you meant when you said that Red Bug didn't mind having her eggs taken care of." Fluttershy said.

"We don't know why it affects us differently, and many changelings collapse when they touch a single egg. They were the ones you saw sleeping in the room you were in."

"That is why I told you that it is a mother's duty to love her child. And now this egg is your duty." Said the Queen before getting up from her seat and approaching the couple.

"You do not know who his real mother is, but that is not an obstacle to loving him in the same way, you have decided that he will be a part of your family and you must promise that you will give him a place full of love, that you will protect him from any danger that threatens him and always seek the best for him no matter how dark the night or how cold the storm. You will always be there to protect him, you will support him in whatever he decides to do, you will help him open the doors he cannot open, you will teach him right from wrong, you will teach him what love is. And no matter what happens between you two, you must promise that he will always have a safe place to come back to, that he will always have a home. " The queen looked at the Pegasus. "Fluttersy, can you promise him that?" The Pegasus nodded with conviction. "And you, Discord, can you make that promise as well?" The Monarch asked, staring at the Chaos God, who also nodded.

"Fluttershy, Discord." Esmeralda said as she appeared from behind the queen and walked up to the couple with the egg in her hooves. "It's been a pleasure taking care of your child, but now it's time for you to take over. Congratulations, I know you'll make great parents." Finally, she placed the egg in between the two of them, so that both of them could take it at the same time.

"Thanks, I promise I will give him everything he needs." The Pegasus said, caressing the egg.

"Or her." Discord added.

"I know you will." Esmeralda replied, taking a step back.

"Is that what all changelings have to promise to do when they are given an egg?" Discord asked.

"No, we know that from birth, but I know from experience that your race tends to forget that detail sometimes. It was just something I made up as I went along." The queen replied, returning to her seat.

"You should write it down, it was a good speech." Fluttershy added.

"I'll be sure to remember it when I need it." The queen replied, making a gesture with her hoof. "What exactly was I saying?" The queen asked the changeling between murmurs.

"I don't know, but it sounded really epic. I really think you should write it down." The changeling replied in the same tone.

"I'd like to, but I really have no idea what I said. I remember something about a storm and the cold of the night, but nothing else."

"That part sounded really good, like from a book and-"

"So what do we do now?" Fluttershy asked, interrupting Esmeralda, not paying attention that she was in the middle of a conversation with the queen.

"Now you can go back to Ponyville, even though I have to go back too, I promised Spark I would be back as soon as possible and the little work I had to do here I finished in the morning, so I think we will all go together, it was nice to see you again Esmeralda." The queen said, getting up from her seat.

"It was nice seeing you too my queen, have a safe return, goodbye Fluttershy, goodbye Discord." The changeling said goodbye.

"Goodbye Esmeralda and thank you." Fluttershy replied.

"Goodbye." Added Discord.

Chrysalis walked down the corridor to the door, accompanied by Fluttershy, who carried the cloth on her back, and Discord, who carried the egg firmly in his claws. During the walk, she explained some things they didn't understand, like the fact that they hugged the larvae and nymphs to fill their little bodies with love, and that they fell asleep like a baby after drinking a big glass of warm milk, or what they did with the empty shells afterwards, she also gave her advice on how to deal with the aggressiveness of a larva.

"And during the week, I will be visiting Luna to arrange the adoption, as you are the first couple in Equestria to adopt someone not only of a different race, but also of a different nation, you have caused a bureaucratic and technical storm that has kept us awake these days, and I, as the highest authority in the Changeling Empire, must sign as your former legal guardian to cede parenthood to you."

"By Celestia, I didn't think that something as simple as this would cause so much trouble." Fluttershy said.

"Don't worry, I knew this was going to happen when you came to me for help on the first day, it was going to happen to some other couple at some point."

"Bureaucracy is a necessary evil in life." The God of Chaos added.

"Sadly, that is true, but while doing the paperwork with Luna, we realized something. Technically, your son is the first emissary sent to Equestria as a sign of good faith, and remember, if you have a question or need help, I am only a few hooves from your home, there are also the changelings of Ponyville who can also help you." The queen said.

"Thanks, every second that passes I am more and more nervous now that I am a mother."

"It's because you are moving away from the nursery, I think it was better that way. Frankly, I thought you were going to faint-."

"WAIT!" A changeling shouted, flying up at full speed.

"Esmeralda?, what's wrong?" The queen asked, intrigued.

"I forgot to do something very important." The changeling replied, struggling to breathe. "I need a name to put on the registry."

"Of course, we've been thinking about that for a long time. And we have the perfect name, don't we, Discord?" The Pegasus asked, looking at her partner with a smile.

"Of course, we wanted something that was unique but still sounded familiar, something that would give him his own personality, something that would represent him." The Draconequus replied.

"That's excellent, and what is it so I can register him, or her?"

"His name will be..."

Author's Note:

As you can imagine, I'm looking for a name for the little changeling right now, and I could really use your help with that since I'm really bad at coming up with names.

I've been thinking about a changeling ever since the two of them talked to Chrysalis. I wanted to add something different to the story and since the world is progressing, it wouldn't be weird to see it at this point.

I also have plans to add two more little ones to the story and create the new gang for the future, by age range so far I have in mind Flurry, the cake twins and the little changeling, I have a fifth one in mind and those who have read the previous chapters will have an idea who the parents could be, the sixth one I also have in mind and I assure you it will cause a lot of conflict in the story.:pinkiegasp:

Thank you very much for reading the story and I like the way it is going and as always all your comments are welcome and very useful to give me ideas or to fix problems, feedback is very important in any kind of artistic work.

The next chapter will be special. It will explain details of the previous story about the Canterlot dungeon, and it will have a surprising twist.

I also plan to make a small change to the last chapter "Chrysalis' Unexpected Child", it will be something small and related to Celestia, as the story progresses I don't see much logic or that it adds much to the plot that she didn't talk to Chrysalis or Clear Spark, I think it takes away much more than it adds, but I would like to know what you think too.:raritywink:

I hope you like the chapter and I'll see you in a few days.:twilightsmile:

And please give me ideas for names for a changeling. I'm really bad at naming things. :rainbowlaugh: