• Published 8th Aug 2022
  • 998 Views, 20 Comments

Shadow Sky In a New World - Shadow Skysito



Shadow Sky is confused, since it seems that he is not in his home and in fact... not in his dimension.

  • ...
5
 20
 998

Time to Learn

"*yawn*, what time is it?"

It was 6 in the morning, the sun was just rising.

"Well, I have an hour to go to class, I need to eat something but what? I'll check what's in the library kitchen."

At least now I know why there is a kitchen and a bedroom.

"Well... there are eggs, rice and a little milk, a balanced breakfast."

Before I didn't want to use the food that was in the kitchen for fear that someone would come, the owner of the library I guess, but now I know that there is no one, at least until Tuesday.

"Well, breakfast and ready."

There was no time to organize the library, I'll do it when I get back.

"Good morning Shadow."

"Hello."

"Good morning Shadow."

"Good morning Bon Bon."

"Good morning Shadow."

"Good morning Lyra."

How nice everyone is here.

*crash*

"Auh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see where I was walking."

"Nah, it's okay, you must be Shadow Sky right? You're the new one."

"Yes, it's me, are you guys on your way to school too?"

"Yes, And from what Cheerilee told us yesterday it means you're going to our class."

"She told them someone new was coming today?"

"Yes, are you on your way to class?"

"Um, no, not yet, I have to go buy a few things, notebook, pencil, you know, the basics."

"Well, usually all we use is a notebook and pencil, so that's fine, It doesn't matter if we accompany you?"

"Of course I don't care, what are their names?"

"I am StarPilot."

"And I'm Grassi, excuse the question but, they say that you're from another kingdom, is that true?"

"Um, yeah, I'm from another realm."

"That's great, well, let's go get your school supplies."

"Thank you."

that was curious, two ponies my age who go to the same class who want to be my friends, maybe they are interested in the idea that I am from another kingdom and that is why they are talking to me.

"Well young man, it would be 8 bits."

"Sure, here you are."

"Come back soon!"

"Well, I think now we can go to school... how long until we get in?"

"eeeemmmm... three minutes."

"..." (All)

"Shit." (All)

We jogged as fast as we could to get to class on time, it was my first day, I didn't want the first day to be late, how embarrassing that would be.

*Riiiing!!!* *Riiiing!!!*

We arrived as best we could, a little agitated, sweaty, hyperventilating, but we arrived, which is the important thing.

"Good morning guys, They arrive on time, wow Shadow, your first day doesn't start and you've already made friends, keep it up and you'll beat the whole school hehe."

"hehe, good morning teacher Cheerilee."

"Ugh, we almost didn't make it, it was fun."

"Yes it was."

"How long has it been since I dealt with something like this?" (Thought)

"Well, where do you plan to sit Shadow?... Shadow?"

"Oh shit, I had forgotten, I'm bad at this, I always get very nervous in these cases, I feel like everyone sees me, I feel like they make fun of me for not knowing what to do, I feel like I'm the center of attention, damn it, what do I do ?, what do I do?, what do I do !!!?" (Thinking)

I was about to collapse, my mind went blank, this environment was never my forte, since elementary school I've been like this, I changed schools a couple of times and it was always the same, I always blanked out.

"Good morning Shadow, I think you're a little late hehe, were you busy fixing the library?"

"Thank Celestia, Sweetie Belle I don't know where to sit, I panicked and blanked out."

I learned that expression at my homecoming party.

"...Well, yesterday Cheerilee reserved a place next to mine, as she saw that we were already talking she thought it would be better if we were together so that she could instruct you if you need it."*
"Of course, because I wasn't the one who proposed it..." (Thought)

"Okay, That relaxes me a lot more, thank you again Sweetie."

I went to sit next to Sweetie Belle, and StarPilot and Grassi they were left with the word in the mouth.

"..."

"..."

"I was the one who asked the question... it doesn't matter now..."

"Come on man, let him be with her, let's go back to talking to hers at recess."

"You're right, although you have to be a bit silly not to see what happens between those two haha."

I think the ugly is over, I sat down and it didn't seem like a big deal... no one is looking at me... everything is fine... yes... everything is fine.

"Good morning class, today we have a new classmate."

No no no no no no no no, agh, dammit.

"Let's all welcome him, and be nice, come introduce yourself Shadow."

"O...okay."

Dammit, I don't want to do this, I feel like I'm in fucking kindergarten.

"Well everypony, I'm Shadow Sky and I arrived in PonyVille two days ago."

This is very uncomfortable!!!
All eyes were directly on me, this is a nightmare.

"... And since I don't know what to say... I can answer any questions you ask me."

"Is it true that you are from another realm?"

Straight to the point.

"Um, yeah...something like that."

"When is your birthday?"

"My birthday is December 24."

"Wow, on the day of warm hearts!"

"How do you like parties?"

"Well…um."

"How do you like the punch? How much weight can you carry? When did you learn to speak? Do you have a girlfriend? How long did it take you to arrive?........" (All at the same time)

"I...eeemmm..."

"How does it feel to not have Cute Mark?"

"..." (All)

"CuteMark?"

I think I read a lot about them, it's something strange, something that I couldn't decipher in physical and biological matters, a drawing that appears out of nowhere on your side is something that I don't understand biologically.

"Well…I guess I haven't gotten mine yet?"
"I guess?" (Thought)

"... hehe, I see."

That was a mocking laugh perhaps?!

"Well... I think the questions are over, so I'm going to... sit down now."

"Perfect Shadow, welcome to our class."

"Thank you again teacher Cheerilee."

"Alright guys, today we will talk about the flora and fauna of..."

*murmurs*

Look back carefully, It was the same boy who asked me the question about my Cute Mark, I wasn't wrong, if they were teasing.
I think the flora and fauna of my home is much more boring than here, a lot of amazing things that don't exist where I come from, I almost forgot that they were making fun of me in class... almost.

"Hey blank flank."

It was recess class was over, next subject, math, only this break would be particularly interesting.

"Um... are you talking to me?"

"Who else would I be talking to? Blank flank."

"Hey!!!, leave him alone Justy, he's new, treat him well."

"I won't let another blank flank tell me what to do, what's up Shadow Sky?, Are you going to let your girlfriend Sweetie Belle do all the work?"

I just frowned, this guy is making my blood boil.

"Well, Justy, right? Do you think it's worth fighting someone like you? A pony who takes it out on other ponies to feel good about himself and forget his own problems by causing other problems, You don't offend me Justy, you just make me understand that you have problems and that nobody wants to help you."

His face looked much more angry, it seems that he also wanted to cry, he was right, he only takes it out to distract himself with something and stop thinking about himself, a very common way where I come from, in a certain way that type of pers... ponies, they believe that others should receive the same treatment that was given to them.

"That was it, I don't care if you're new, this won't end pretty."

He was furious, but I think what annoyed him the most is that he wanted to cry, he felt weak I guess.

"Shadow, maybe you should run, or go tell the teacher something."

"Sweetie, Do you think it would stop bothering me if I ran away?"

"Well... no, but what if he hurts you?"

"...hehe, don't worry."

"So you don't run, huh? Okay, so here I go."

After receiving the blow from the guard in the dungeon, this was just a slap, at least for me, I hit myself in the face, I did not defend myself, but I think his hoof will not be very good, I only heard it crack after hitting my face.

"..."

"..." (sobbing)

"...hey...are you okay?"

"...uh." *moan*

"Shadow... are you okay?"

"I do, but he might..."

"Auh!!!, what the hell is your face made of?!, I felt as if I had hit metal with all my strength!!!"

"Yes... that's a good question, I honestly don't know, look, I don't like fights, but... if this happens again, I won't let it happen, you hear?"

"... I guess."

She knew perfectly well that this would continue sooner or later.

"Wow Shadow, that was amazing, even though you let yourself get hit he lost out."

"Thanks StarPilot, I only let myself be hit because I knew it would end like this, I knew I wouldn't know how to close my hoof properly to hit, and the pain thing... well, let's just say I'm used to taking hits."

"Wait, used to it?"

Shit, I said too much.

"Um... uh... yeah, I'm kind of clumsy, so I bump into walls from time to time or trip over things like that."

"... I guess."

Okay, Grassi and StarPilot didn't think much of it, but Sweetie didn't seem convinced.

"Shadow, I've been hanging out with you for hours on end, and you don't seem as clumsy as you describe yourself."

"Well... I..."

*Ring Ring*

"We have to go to class Sweetie, so let's go."

"...okay."

I couldn't explain why they hit me 2 or 3 times a night while defending victims of assault, kidnapping, etc. It wouldn't be very credible and they would take me for crazy, a 12-year-old boy doing that is still unthinkable.

"Well guys, follow the math... oh, Justy, is your hoof okay? It's very swollen."

"Em... yes teacher, everything is fine... I just sprained it while running."

"Well that doesn't look too good, I'll call a doctor."

He's glad to know that he's not a coward, he could have told the teacher what happened, but he didn't, maybe it's pride.
The day passed normally, mathematics is mathematics, wherever you are apparently.

"Shadow, doesn't your face hurt?"

"Not really."

"... StarPilot and Grassi may not have cared, but I did, what with all that you're used to?"

"...Sweetie, remember when I told you that my kingdom is very dangerous?"

"Yes, I remember."

"Well... that's the thing, my home is very dangerous, it's full of dangers, the ponies there are not all friendly, and some are aggressive."

"...you know Shadow... I'm glad you're here, at least you don't suffer so much."

"...hehehe, you're right about that Sweetie... at least I'm happy here."

Sweetie smiled and now she seemed less upset, maybe she understood that the habit of hitting was something very bad,
but she was relieved that he was in Equestria right now.

"...By the way, did you clean the library?"

"Not yet, I woke up a little late today and I was getting late"

"Well... do you want me to help you?"

"You would really help me a lot."

"In that case hooves to work."

Sweetie Belle and I clean the library, pick up books, we cleaned up dirt, I even cleaned places I hadn't been, we had a lot of fun, it's very nice to be with her, we talked about many things, things in common and things about equestria that I didn't know, it was interesting, but it was getting very late.

"Very well Shadow, now the library is gleaming, I think we're done for today."

"Do you have to go now?"

"Yeah, there's school tomorrow and I have to be home early."

"I see, in that case, be careful."

"Thank you... Shadow, are you sure your face doesn't hurt?"

"Honestly no, it's not a big deal, don't worry hehe."

"...ok, well, in that case I don't have to worry, See you tomorrow Shadow."

"Good night Sweetie Belle."

I was left alone again... in this library...

"...I think I need a home." (Thought)

As Sweetie Belle walked home she kept going through her head.

"It didn't even look like she moved her head a bit, she just took the hit,
Shadow is definitely a mystery..." (thought)

Author's Note:

New home is coming :D
-Next Chapter: A New Home.