• Published 8th Aug 2022
  • 998 Views, 20 Comments

Shadow Sky In a New World - Shadow Skysito



Shadow Sky is confused, since it seems that he is not in his home and in fact... not in his dimension.

  • ...
5
 20
 998

A Hard Promise to Keep.

Everything around me is dark, there was nothing around me, I was completely alone in that thick darkness... or so I thought.

¿? - "It seems that you are getting used to it."

Shadow Sky - "...Uh?...where am I?"

¿? - "You're in your head... don't you remember me?... don't you remember my voice?"

Shadow Sky - "N-not much."

¿? - "...And now?"

She stopped hiding and showed me her appearance.

Shadow Sky - "H-h-heavenly?!"

Heavenly - "So if you remember Shadow... or rather... Ethan..."

Ethan - "You managed... to find me."

Heavenly - "The trip to other dimensions is something we have never experienced, it was difficult to find you... the three of
us and I tried for months."

Ethan - "I'm sorry...it wasn't my fault, that thing opened up and brought me here."

Heavenly - "We know it wasn't your fault... but... it's discord's fault."

Ethan - "Discord... I got to know it but... why?"

Heavenly - "Your magic Ethan... you have chaos magic, discord chose you to release him, but you resisted... I still don't know
how, but you did."

Ethan - "So Discord is the reason I'm here...in a world full of talking animals?"

Heavenly - "That's right."

Ethan - "... and how do I get back?..."

Heavenly - "...we don't know, the knowledge we have about other dimensions is literally nil."

Ethan - "So I have to continue alone...perfect..."

Heavenly - "... Ethan... we know it's complicated, and we also know you're only 13 years old... but we believe in you... I know
you can come back... you're in great danger in that place... discord is in the same dimension as you."

Ethan - "...great...just what I was missing."

Heavenly - "We managed to open a small door between the dimensions, but we could only use it to communicate, I'm not
really here with you... please Ethan... promise you'll come back."

Ethan - "...it's complicated... so many times I've thought about the fact that I won't be back... but... I keep trying... I want to
go back... with a promise or not... I'm going back somehow."

Heavenly - "Thanks Ethan... I have to go, maintaining this connection is somewhat complicated."

¿? - "Shadow... wake up."

Ethan - "Say hi for me."

Heavenly - "Sure... oh... by the way Ethan, from the four of you... happy birthday."

Ethan - "...thank you."

Sweetie Belle - "Wake uuuuup, ¡we're going to be late!"

Shadow Sky - "Huh?! What's up?"

I woke up confused.

Sweetie Belle - "You fell asleep, I knocked on the door but you didn't answer, so I went inside to see if nothing bad had
happened to you."

Shadow Sky - "S-sorry, I was a little tired, forgive me."

Sweetie Belle - "Okay, sorry I walked into your house like that."

Shadow Sky - "Don't worry, you know that my house is your house, you can come in whenever you want."

Sweetie Belle - "Thank you Shadow."

Shadow Sky - "By the way, what time is it?"

Sweetie Belle - "It's 6:50."

Shadow Sky - "...oh no."

I got ready as quickly as possible, we left the house and ran to school.

Cheerilee - "Wow, that's the first time the two of you have been late."

Shadow Sky - "Sorry teacher, it was my fault, I fell asleep."

Everpony - "If he fell asleep, why was she late too?..." (thoughts)

*Ring Ring*

Shadow Sky - "*yawn*, I'm a little tired."

Sweetie Belle - "How strange, I'm sorry you slept more than usual, why would you be tired?"

Shadow Sky - "...I slept a little bad..."

Shadow Sky - "Heavenly managed to talk to me, but he didn't help me much, he just came to tell me that I have to go back... I already knew that... but it's... impossible?... what do I do to open a damn portal?!...discord is here?...where is he?...how do I
get back-"

*bonk*

Shadow Sky - "¡¡¡OUCH!!!"

Sweetie Belle - "Are you okay?! You ran into a pole, maybe you're sick."

Shadow Sky - "Nonono, I'm just a little distracted hehe."

Sweetie Belle - "That answer doesn't convince me, we are going to go to your house right now and you are going to rest."

Shadow Sky - "Sweetie Belle, no need, I'm fine."

Sweetie Belle - "I'll judge that myself."

Sweetie Belle brought her forehead closer to mine to measure my temperature.

Shadow Sky - "S-s-sweetie Belle, w-w-what are you doing?!" *blushes*

Sweetie Belle - "You see... you have a temperature, if you're sick."

Shadow Sky - "Wait... did I get sick?"

Sweetie Belle - "Let's go home, you have to recover."

Shadow Sky - "...okay, okay, but I don't have any medicine at home."

Sweetie Belle - "We'll worry about that later, right now you have to be in bed."

Shadow Sky - "...okay."

Sweetie Belle took me home, it's amazing, why did I get sick?, In the morning I was fine... Sweetie Belle took me to bed and
left me lying down... the disease felt worse and worse, it was serious, but I don't know if it was natural... or if it was caused
by Heavenly visit.

Shadow Sky - "Okay, you're right, I feel horrible, so please Sweetie, in my drawer I have a bag of bits, they are 30 bits if I
remember correctly, could you go to the pharmacy?"

Sweetie Belle - "Sure Shadow, I know what medicine to bring, I'll be right back."

Shadow Sky - "Thank you very much..."

It got worse and worse, Sweetie Belle left the room and I couldn't help falling asleep, the fever was horrible... but again I was
in the same place, my surroundings were totally dark again.

¿? - "Well... until I finally know something about you."

Ethan - "That voice... I recognize it perfectly."

¿? - "So you remember me better than Heavenly?... what an honor."

Ethan - "How can I forget the voice of the person who holds me prisoner in another dimension... Discord."

Discord - "¡Correct! It's me, ¡Discord!...the being that gave you your magic in the first place."

Ethan - "You look different... in my dimension you were a human... here what the hell are you?"

Discord - "I am a Draconecuus... I thought I explained it to you in that alley where I first met you."

Ethan - "¡¿How the hell was I going to pay attention when I was being brainwashed?!"

Discord - "Right... about that... I realized you ignored my orders."

Ethan - "I noticed, too bad you didn't notice before you gave me part of your magic."

Discord - "...hahaha...hahahahahaha."

Ethan - "¿Sound funny?"

Discord - "... I'm going to give you one last chance Ethan... sorry, Shadow Sky... release me, and you won't suffer the
consequences... Canterlot castle, maybe they showed you the geographical map of Equestria in the schoolhouse."

Ethan - "You know perfectly well... that won't happen."

Discord - "...well...we'll see how long you last...what's next."

Ethan - "Canterlot... that was the place of the Changeling invasion, I saw it on the map with the war indications when I
escaped from the hive." (Thought)

Discord - "So an invasion huh?"

Ethan - "...How did you know that?"

Discord - "We are in your head, your thoughts roam free here."

Ethan - "...Damn it..."

Diacord - "Maybe that will help me... I already told you Shadow... if you don't free me... maybe you'll die..."

Ethan - "...we'll see...Discord."

Discord vanished like smoke into the darkness, leaving me with incredible fear... he can be kind of silly at times, but if he
sets his mind to it, he can be very scary.

Sweetie Belle - "Shadow, I need you to wake up, I already have the medicine."

Shadow Sky - "Uh?... right, thank you very much."

Sweetie Belle - "I bought this thermometer too, open your mouth please."

The temperature marked 45° C, it was very serious, but at least now I knew the reason... Discord's visit affected me in many
ways.

Sweetie Belle - "Wow, ¡¿45°C?! You were worse than I imagined."

Shadow Sky - "I promise it wasn't this way in the morning."

Sweetie Belle - "I brought some fever syrup, it's very strong, so I don't want you to spit it out."

Shadow Sky - "Haha, don't worry."

The syrup tasted bad, but it was nice to be cared for by Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle - "Okay, now put this ice pack on your forehead so you won't feel so hot anymore."

Shadow Sky - "So much...thank you Sweetie..."

I was starting to fall asleep again.

Sweetie Belle - "Sleep Shadow, no problem, you need to rest."

Shadow Sky - "You know Sweetie Belle... you're such a pony... you're there for me whenever I need you... I really...
appreciate you... a lot..."

Sweetie Belle - "...*blushes*...sweet dreams Shadow."

Again I fell asleep, but this time nothing happened, I was able to rest from all the visitors today... I was finally able to sleep
peacefully.

Sweetie Belle - "Will it be okay... if I stay here with him?..." (thought)

Sweetie Belle sat in front of my bed next to me, she laid her head on the bed... and she closed her eyes little by little.

Sweetie Belle - "Maybe...it's okay...I'm just taking care of him."

Hours passed and my fever went down little by little.

Shadow Sky - "...uh?...Sweetie Belle?"

Sweetie Belle - "Oh, you woke up."

Sweetie Belle was sitting in my little desk chair that she kept in the room, reading a book.

Shadow Sky - "Yep, I think I'm feeling a little better, what do you read?"

Sweetie Belle - "It's called 'The Legend of the Sweet Heart Ship.'

Shadow Sky - "Sounds interesting."

Sweetie Belle - "Yep, it is, how about your fever?"

Shadow Sky - "I think I'm better a bit."

Sweetie Belle - "Okay, let's check it out."

She took my temperature again.

Sweetie Belle - "I'm down to 40°C, not bad, but still too high."

Shadow Sky - "...I see."

Sweetie Belle - "It's 8 pm, I don't know if you can go to school tomorrow."

Shadow Sky - "In any case, would you tell the teacher why I couldn't go?"

Sweetie Belle - "Sure, very good Shadow, last spoonful for today, the syrup has to be taken every 5 to 8 hours."

Shadow Sky - "Very good."

I took the syrup and lay down again, it was too late so Sweetie Belle had to go.

Shadow Sky - "I'm alone... I think now I can think about what happened today... but as much as I think... the question
remains the same... how do I get out of here?... and more if there is a Draconecuus threatening my life... what I do?..."

Sleeping is no longer difficult.

Sweetie Belle - "Shadow, wake up."

Shadow sky - "Uh, what time is it?"

I said weakly as I slowly woke up.

Sweetie Belle - "It's 6 in the morning, I came to check on you."

Shadow Sky - "Thank you so much Sweetie, I feel a little better."

Sweetie Belle - "Great, now open your mouth."

The thermometer read 38°C.

Sweetie Belle - "It's slowly diminishing."

Shadow Sky - "I'm glad."

Sweetie Belle - "But still, you won't be able to go to school, you need to keep resting."

Shadow Sky - "Okay, okay, pass me today's homework please."

Sweetie Belle - "Sure, just one last thing, you need the syrup."

Shadow Sky - "Right."

Sweetie Belle - "Open your mouth please."

Maybe it was the fever, but I hadn't realized that Sweetie Belle had been watching over me all this time.

Shadow Sky - "...*blushes*... s-s-sure."

It felt like he was feeding me, that made me very nervous.

Sweetie Belle - "Are you feeling alright?...oh no, it seems the temperature is coming back."

Sweetie Belle turned her forehead to mine again.

Shadow Sky - "N-n-no no, I'm fine, don't worry!" *blushes*

Sweetie Belle - "Very... well? In that case keep resting, I'm going to school now."

Shadow Sky - "Okay, good luck."

Sweetie Belle - "Thank you."

Sweetie Belle left leaving me somewhat nervous, maybe she didn't realize what was happening.

Sweetie Belle - "I hadn't noticed!... but she looked like his girlfriend taking care of him like that!!! did I realize until now?"
*blushes*

If she noticed, she looked regretful, but she also gave off a feeling of happiness.

Scootaloo - "Good morning Sweetie Belle."

AppleBloom - "Good morning Sweetie Belle."

Sweetie Belle - "Hello girls."

AppleBloom - "Where do you come from? Your house is not in that direction."

Sweetie Belle - "Oh... erm, nowhere."

Scootaloo - "... in that direction is Shadow Sky's house."

AppleBloom - "I see haha."

Sweetie Belle - "¡Hey!"