• Published 8th Aug 2022
  • 1,010 Views, 20 Comments

Shadow Sky In a New World - Shadow Skysito



Shadow Sky is confused, since it seems that he is not in his home and in fact... not in his dimension.

  • ...
5
 20
 1,010

Origin.

WARNING - Sensitive content for some people.

☆☆☆

I thought it would be a day like any other, the same routine as every day... I was wrong.
The sound of the alarm clock echoed throughout the room, indicating that it was time to wake up.

"...mmhh...?" I woke up groggy because of how early I was getting out of bed.

The alarm clock rang as usual, every morning I woke up at eight, I had no responsibilities, I just liked to take advantage of the day, to do exactly the same thing the next day.

"Wake up!" My grandmother said with a big smile.

My grandmother came into my room to finish waking me up.

"I know, I know... I'm coming." I said with a sleepy voice.

I had my pajamas on, I lazily got out of my bed, got ready and left my room.
When I left my room, a delicious aroma immediately hit me. My family buys pizza every Wednesday, today is that day.

"Good morning." My grandmother said happily.

"Good morning!" My little brother exclaimed with joy.

The two were sitting at the table waiting for him to arrive so they could eat together.
The same smiling faces saying good morning to me... every day.

"Good morning, you don't know how good it feels to get up and eat pizza in the morning." I said happily.

"It's Wednesday, it's pizza day." My grandmother said happily.

Despite her age, my grandmother is still very happy and active, she knows very well how to spread her happiness.
My grandmother is 53 years old.
My little brother is 5 years old.
My mom is 27 years old.
And I... I'm 11 years old.

"Aren't we going to wait for my mom?" I asked confused.

"I don't think she'll be there any time soon, she said she was going out with someone." My grandmother answered.

"... I see... anyway, let's start eating." I reply Hungry.

"By the way, have you done your homework?" My grandmother asked as she judged me with her eyes.

"Emm...yeah...?" I answered awkwardly.

"You don't know how to lie." My grandmother said dissatisfied.

"Okay, sorry, I forgot to do it, I promise I'll do it after I finish eating." I replied defeated.

A very calm day, it was not out of routine, but at that precise moment the main door opened.

At that moment... the routine changed.

"Good morning family!, Today I have a surprise for you!" My mother exclaimed happily.

What an unpleasant surprise.

"I introduce you..."

Do not say it.

"My couple." She said happily.

You said it.

"Good morning, my name is &@#%, nice to meet you." Said... the man.

My grandmother and brother were happy, but I... I felt chills.
My mother introduced us all, he seemed like a man of good feelings and polite, but I can't help it, this feeling of insecurity eats my head.
My grandmother seemed to be okay with her relationship, my brother was just confused, and I... was starting to shake.
After a few hours of discomfort my mother received a call.

"Uhum...yeah...okay, yeah, no problem." My mom said before hanging up the phone.

"Ethan, your dad is on his way." My mom said.

"Uh?...why?" I asked confused.

"I don't know, he just said he was coming for you." My mom answered.

"...okay." I said confused.

Maybe it was a good thing, he couldn't stand this feeling of... fear.
It didn't take long for my dad to arrive, it was a matter of a few minutes.

"Oh, Ethan, your dad's here, he's outside." My mom said.

"Okay, I'm coming." I answered.

I left the house to get into my dad's car, I was curious to know what he wanted.

"Hello Dad." I waved confused as he put me in the car.

"Hello son! Ready to go?" my dad asked happily.

"Yep, but what do you need me for?" I asked confused.

"I'll tell you later." My dad answered.

Everyone came out to say goodbye to me, my mother, my grandmother, my brother, but "he" had stayed inside the house.

"Bye! See you later!" The three people I loved most in life said together.

"Bye bye." I replied... cheerfully.

I didn't feel good... at all.
My dad and I were leaving my house quickly, my dad took the opportunity to explain the situation to me a little.

"I know it must be uncomfortable." My dad said.

"...Uh?, what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You know... meeting your mother's new couple, I know it must be something strange and new for you." My dad said with his gaze fixed on the road.

My parents had separated a few years after my brother was born, they didn't get along, they just discovered that they didn't feel good about each other, they ended up as... friends.

"I guess a little..." I answered uneasily.

A silent moment made it clear that I was not feeling well.

"...Do you feel good? You are very serious, more than normal." My dad asked worried.

"I don't know, it's just... I feel confused, what I feel is not normal at all." I answered disoriented.

"I know, I know, like I said, it's normal to feel that way when your mother gets a new couple." My dad explained, trying to calm the situation.

"No... it's not that, it's... fear... worry..." I said disoriented.

"...look, just relax, I took you out of there so you wouldn't be uncomfortable, later I'll leave you back at your house, and another day you can get to know him better, maybe and you could be friends." My dad said.

This damn feeling, it doesn't go away, it doesn't leave me alone, his face... his eyes... his smile...

"What does it mean? Could it be that I'm jealous because my mom has a man other than my dad? Could it be that I don't like him? Could it be that I just don't like him?... Could it be that..." I thought incessantly. .

We all know the famous sixth sense, that sense that we know to be a survival instinct, we use it to unknowingly detect danger and flee from it as soon as possible, they are sensations that they give us to make us alert... we continued driving away in the car. ..but I wish...we hadn't left in the first place...

"STOP THE CAR!!!" I exclaimed hysterically.

My scream almost made us collide.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!!!" My dad asked, confused and angry.

"OKAY, OKAY... Happy?!!!" My dad exclaimed angrily.

"Turn around! We have to go back to the house!" I exclaimed upset.

"Listen, relax, breathe and tell me what happens." My dad said confused.

I couldn't continue wasting time, I opened the car door and ran as fast as possible towards home.

"What are you doing?!!!" My dad asked from afar.

I ran as fast as I could... really... I wish I had been faster... I wish I could make it in time... It wasn't fear... it wasn't jealousy... it wasn't any other feeling or sensation... it was a DAMN WARNING!!!.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

A painful, muffled scream echoed in my ears at that moment.
My eyes began to water, I had no idea why they did it, that scream was agonizing, worthy of torture, just hearing it was painful for me, I was a few blocks away when that scream was heard... I feared the worst.
I was almost there, I kept running, but as I crossed the corner... I saw "him", getting into a car that was about to start... I saw him... "he" saw me, and His partner stepped on the accelerator, he was not alone.

"OPEN UP!!!" I exclaimed hysterically.

When he left I tried to open the main door of the house, but he had locked it so that no one could enter, or at least have the ease of doing so.
Repeated knocks echoed in the street that was completely silent, I didn't have keys to my own house, I was trying to force the lock with kicks.

*sobs*

I couldn't stop sobbing until I made it.

*crack*

I managed to break the lock of the main door with kicks, a wooden main door with a stainless steel lock cannot withstand so many kicks.
I opened the door quickly... the main hallway had shoe prints, red footprints...
I walked slowly towards the main room of the house, everything was dark, my head began to cloud, everything around me became darker and darker... until I reached the main room...

"..."

... Silence...

On the floor... my family lay lifeless... they no longer moved... they no longer breathed... they just... ceased to exist... on top of their own pool of blood.

"..."

... silence...

"...Mom?...grandma?...brother?...wake up...please...please...please..."

I was immobile... I didn't want to believe it, but it was a reality... I could only kneel down and cry uncontrollably without stopping.
When I kneeled my hands were filled with blood, my pants were also stained because of the small pool of blood that was getting bigger and bigger, I could only remember what we had spent together, everything we experienced... I could only see how they faded away. in front of me... that day... the everyday routine... changed...






The police sirens sounded outside my house, the lights reached the living room, but I couldn't do anything, I was completely frozen, I couldn't move.
I managed to hear the footsteps of one of the police officers who entered the house.

"Hey!!! There's a kid here!!!" The policeman exclaimed, upset.

"..."

I just stayed silent as I watched my family quickly walk away from my life.
I don't remember what happened next...

A week later my family's funeral would be taking place, my father was there, along with my paternal grandparents, uncles, cousins, everyone was there to say goodbye.
I couldn't cry anymore... I had spent all my tears in the week of mourning... I could only feel one thing... anger.
Anger combined with helplessness destroys you emotionally.
But having my brother's favorite toy in my hand hurt even more, I could still feel his hand, it was like he was holding onto my hand.
The sadness left and only anger is what my heart felt... I felt guilty, I wasn't there, even if I couldn't have done anything, at least I would be with them... accompanying them.
The father was still talking, and saying goodbye to them, my ears were deaf, the only thing I could hear was my mother's scream before I got home... anger is the only thing I feel.
My hand was squeezing my brother's toy car so hard that-

*Crack*

"..."

Everyone at the funeral remained silent.
His toy broke, I didn't measure the force, everyone looked at me... I just turned around... and headed home.
My eyes were finally starting to water again, but I wasn't about to cry again.
I dried the tears with my forearm, my eyes began to burn and when I finished wiping the tears my pupils began to light up in an intense reddish color, scarlet red... the tears that were beginning to come out again evaporated, I didn't care. I realized that and continued walking home.

...all I felt was anger...

I got to my dad's house, I wanted to hit something... I wanted to rest... I wished it had all been a dream, but it never was, I kept waking up at dad's house.
After a few hours my dad came to my room, the funeral was over.

*Knock Knock*

"...Are...are you okay?" My dad said as he slowly opened the door.

"..." I just stayed silent.

"The same answer every day..." My dad said defeated.

"..." I remained silent.

"I know it's inappropriate for me to tell you this... but... he fled the state." My dad said.

"What?!" I exclaimed furiously.

"He escaped?!" I exclaimed again.

"What I just said... he flee to another state." He said defeated.

"well... chase him!!!" I exclaimed again.

"They can not!!!" My dad exclaimed.

"Why not?!!!" I asked with anger and desperation.

"Because they say it's not within the jurisdiction of our state!!!" My dad said about to cry.

"..."

A moment of silence invaded the room, I was assimilating those words.

"State jurisdiction?" I asked for.

"..." My dad just stayed silent.

"STATE JURISDICTION?!!!, THAT IDIOT IS A MURDERER!!!, AND THE STATE NOT GOING TO LOOK FOR HIM BECAUSE HE FLEED TO ANOTHER STATE?!!!, LET THEM GO "SHIT WITH THE FUCKING JURISDICTION!!!" I exclaimed with much more anger, the anger overflowing uncontrollably.

"Take it easy!!!" My dad exclaimed on the verge of tears.

"HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO CALM?!!!, I SAW HIM!!!, I SAW HIM FLEEING IN A CAR!!!, I SAW MY FAMILY'S LIFE FAILING!!! "HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO CALM DOWN?!!!" I exclaimed again.

"..." Dad just stayed silent.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'll do something about it!!!" I exclaimed as I ran out of the room.

"Ethan!!!...DAMN!!!" My dad exclaimed, while he began to cry uncontrollably.

I left there leaving my dad alone, he was on the way to my house, frustrated, sad, angry...
When a person is in these conditions nothing good can go through his head...
I got home and grabbed the most compact backpack possible, I gathered clothes and prepared to commit the stupidest thing ever thought of by an 11-year-old child... I would look for it... and I would do justice.

Leaving the house I saw my dad's debit card, it seems like he forgot it here recently, they had been coming and going constantly, he had forgotten it here, I grabbed it and left the house ready to do anything possible to stop that idiot knew justice.

My father was not exactly rich, he is just a man with a lot of economic accessibility, so I did not lack anything, I had a cell phone, clothes that kept me warm, I had everything, so that even an 11-year-old brat could go out into the world in search of a uncertain future.

On October 14... I left my home to look for him, my mother told us where he came from, 6 states south of my city, my cellphone had GPS, it's just a matter of moving forward without rest.

Let's look a little more into the past... before it all started.

My mother and father met more than 14 years ago, they were young, and careless, my mother became pregnant with me and the economic stability was very uncontrollable, my grandmother always supported my mother, thanks to that we did not suffer, my father was determined to excel in this world, dreams that led him to neglect his family, that caused my mother and father to distance themselves, their relationship was very bipolar, some time later they had a second child, but they continued to feel bad, until They separated on June 27.

My mother taught me many things, She believed that the lack of a father figure would hurt me, I honestly didn't care, I had karate classes for a long time, I left the martial art with Black belt, but I got bored, I left karate and trained swimming , it was always fun to go to the pools, swimming was fun.
Thanks to food and training I grew strong and healthy, my characteristics are simple.

-Slim, athletic build (said by a doctor)
-Height 1.68 (very tall for my age)
-I weigh 60 kg (something decent for my age and height)

I wasn't complaining, it was fun, despite the physical demands it was never a problem, it was fun and I liked it, I have a high resistance to fatigue and I consider myself strong... while I was considering all this I was already on the verge of reaching border of my city thanks to the GPS of my cell phone, I spent 3 hours walking to get there... why didn't I take trucks?... it was my punishment... no trucks, no ease, just walking with a fixed direction. .. punishment because?... for being weak, for abandoning them, for not being able to do anything about it... for their lives...
And that's how this journey began, with my vision clouded and disoriented... I had taken a step outside my city heading down the road that leads to the next city... and so on for a long, long time.

"..." He silently observed the deserted path of the highway.

*Buzz*

Someone was calling me at that moment.

"...hello?" Answer coldly.

"... Where are you?" My dad asked, very upset.

"...I'm...leaving the city... I guess you know where I'm going." I answered seriously, I no longer felt afraid, my vision was cloudy, but it was too late.

I hung up at that moment... and continued walking with a fixed direction.