• Published 8th Aug 2022
  • 998 Views, 20 Comments

Shadow Sky In a New World - Shadow Skysito



Shadow Sky is confused, since it seems that he is not in his home and in fact... not in his dimension.

  • ...
5
 20
 998

Night Investigation

Something is happening to me, I said that while looking at she, I had never felt this kind of thing, but exactly what do I feel when I say things like that? I don't feel myself, it's strange, and confusing.

"Shadow."

"YES?!!!"

Shit, maybe if she noticed!!!

"You said you couldn't see the stars because of the city lights right?"

"... Yes."

*Phew*, he didn't notice.

"How does it feel to be in a city?"

"Well... that depends, I don't know what the cities of Equestria are like, but in my kingdom, the cities are a bit more... dirty, so to speak, there is a lot of crime, the streets are dangerous at night, there are garbage on the streets... is a special case."

"Wow, that doesn't sound very good."

"No… it's not at all."

"..."

"Don't worry Sweetie, everything is fine, really, I'm fine."

"If you say so Shadow, by the way, ever since I met you I've been curious, do you come from another kingdom... alone?"

She knew that this would not go unnoticed for long.

"Yes, something like that, I am not accompanied by anyone, I came to Equestria alone."

"How is that possible? It's very dangerous."

"I know, but believe me, I'm used to long trips, it's nothing to write home about, and from what I see, it's more dangerous to go shopping in my kingdom than a trip through all of Equestria."

Technically I'm not lying this time... I think.

"Well, getting off topic, I realized that there are many amazing things in Equestria, things that are myths in my kingdom, I never thought that dragons could exist!"

Sweetie Belle seemed intrigued by Shadow, Shadow's story aroused her curiosity, it seemed strange to her that a twelve-year-old foal went through so many things, but when she saw Shadow talk so enthusiastically about Equestria she calmed down a bit, and decided that it would be something she would ask another time, the trust between her and Shadow is still very weak.

"Yes, although I have never seen a dragon in my life, they are very rare and hard to find."

"I'd love to see one. It would be like a fairy tale in my kingdom."

"Hehe, maybe one day Shadow."

"Oh, I also discovered a series of romance books, I really like the genre."

"Seriously, what's his name?"

"Two hooves joined by fate."

"Really, I love that novel, how far have you read?"

"I'm on the third book."

"Very well!, My favorite book is the fifth, that's when their relationship gets better, after three developmental books."

"It's very funny, just don't keep talking, remember that I haven't read more than the third one hehe."

"Sorry hehe."

"..."

"..."

"Wait... the third one?!!!"

"... if something happens?"

"Shadow, Just a few hours ago I dropped you off at the library and you told me that you only discovered this saga today, how fast do you read?!"

"Well, it's not that complicated."

"It takes me reading a single book at least a week to finish it all."

"Well... I'm fast hehe."

I'm used to reading too much, On my trip I read everything that was left at hand, it was a simple habit, reading a book from time to time while walking to another country, and the cycle repeated itself.
We talked for a while after that, it was nice to be chatting under the stars, beautiful scenery and a good chat is always a nice thing.

"I think it's too late, I think I have to go home Shadow."

"Sure, thank you very much for the company, and for what you did for me today, you were very kind to me, one day I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"Aw, no need Shadow, we are always happy to welcome new ponies here."

Sweetie lifted her front paw, I hadn't gotten used to fingerless expressions yet, but that seemed like a high five.

"Come on, don't leave me hanging."

"Friends?, Really?"

"Of course Shadow, we're friends now."

I bumped my hoof with her, that high five was indicative that our friendship had formally begun, she had been very kind to me, and at that moment we started our friendship.

"Goodbye Shadow! Good night!"

"Good night Sweetie Belle, be careful coming home!"

… House... house!, I forgot, I don't have a house here, I don't have a place to stay, the library will be closed?
I went to the library to see if it was open.

"Well, it looks like the library doesn't have advice from anypony, I think I'll stay here until I get a place of my own."

Well, at least for today I would sleep under a roof.

"Well, I have a place to sleep for now, but I'm curious to know what's in the town at this time, I'm going to go out to see what I find... why am I saying this out loud as if I'm narrating?... Oh no, I'm breaking the fourth wall again for accident, damn chaos magic!!!"

The same thing happens to me again, from time to time I break the fourth wall, As I understand it, chaos magic makes you say strange things, the good thing is that it is only very occasionally.
I left the library, it was one twenty five in the morning, there was no pony outside, it was very calm, all the town lights were off generating a beautiful starry night, not hearing anything, The fact that there are no lights at all is...relaxing, I am used to noise, bright lights, this is definitely a rest for my ears and eyes.

"Uh, what's that? It seems to be the only light on."

I was walking around the town for a few minutes until I managed to see the only lighted spot despite the time.
"PonyVille Tavern? Sweetie Belle didn't show me this place, maybe this area is only for older ponies I guess."

Alone with each other, there were many ponies drinking and chatting, the environment was uncomfortable for an underage foal, but I haven't eaten all day, I need at least something to drink, I just want a little water.
Seeing me enter all the ponies remained silent, I went uncomfortably to the bar, when I sat down it seemed that everyone went back to their business, but I could feel their faces of confusion.

"Wow, I'm the bartender, and I don't remember giving consent to let a foal in, what are you doing here kid, you shouldn't be here."

"Look, I know I'm not supposed to be here, but I'm new in the village, and I haven't had a chance to eat or drink anything all day, it's the only place open at this hour."

"Sorry kid, but we don't give alms here."

"I'm not begging, if it's necessary I'll pay, I just want some water F R I E N D."

I saw him with a threatening face, He didn't look intimidated, for him he was just talking to a simple brat.

"... *Sigh*, look boy, we don't have water here, all we have is apple cider."

Apple cider?!!!

"Okay! I'll have apple cider!"

"... kid, you can't take that, let's just say it's something illegal in this village."

"..."

Illegal?, Does he mean that if I take it, it would be illegal because of my age?!

"Sorry?!!!"

"As you heard, I can't offer you cider, what would happen if a colt came out of my bar all drunk."

Drunk?, you have to be fucking with me.

"I'm sorry but I can't just offer it to you like that."

Is fucking apple cider considered alcohol here?!!!, In my home, apple cider was drinks for the little ones at children's birthday parties.

"Look friend, I know we can come to an agreement."

I took 40 bits out of my saddlebag, that would be enough to buy it illegally, right? That's how it works, right?

"What do you tell me now, I need to take anything, I haven't eaten or drink anything all fucking day, so now, could you give me something to DRINK?!!!

When Sweetie lent me her bit I had the time to materialize the coin, when Sweetie Belle left with her coin I already had one of my own, I locked myself in the library and duplicated it many more times, I got bags in the warehouse that was in the basement of the library, so I avoid everyone knowing the amount of bits I have because of the sound, my economy had been saved thanks to the bit that Sweetie Belle lent me.

"Wow kid, you have a lot of bits."

"Of course I have, and if you offer me a drink you can have more, I just want something to fall into my stomach."

I had enough bits for now, materializing again wouldn't be a problem, of course, if it weren't for the fact that it's much more complicated in this place.

"Look kid, I don't want you to tell anyone, okay, I'll give you apple cider, but I just want you to know that if anything happens to you, we won't be held responsible... here you have."

"Thank you, everything will be fine."

It wasn't a big deal, it was just apple juice, well, at least for me, they all looked horrible, it seems that it affects them differently.

"Give me another jar please."

"Are you sure, you already have 4 jars."

"Well, you said this was too strong for a foal, right?"

"Well... yes but."

"Okay, I just want you to know that I don't feel anything."

"I was about to point that out yourself, you're still on your feet, that's amazing, you have a great resistance to alcohol."

It's not that I have a resistance to alcohol, it's just that this isn't alcohol, it's just juice from a squeezed apple or however it's made.

"Well bartender, I guess I won't get drunk today, so give me another please."

"At this point I don't know what to say, with the amount you've taken I've seen ponies do things I don't know if I want to remember."

"..."

"..."

"I'm glad you're not like that hehe."

"... I guess."

"Hey kid!!!"

Someone was yelling at me .
it was a pony that seemed to be very drunked.

"What are you saying kid, do you know how to sing?"

"Sing?"

"Yes!!!, do you know karaoke?"

"Of course I know him."

"Well, we're about to start, join us, you'll be the first."

Well, I have nothing to lose I guess.

"Just grab this mic and sing along to what you read, make sure you sing along to the beat."

A unicorn pony was shining his horn at the wall to project letters, I was surprised he could do that in his drunken state.

"Okay kid, here we go."

The song was Bachata style, one of my favorite genres, the lyrics attracted me, we sang well I think, I enjoyed it to be surrounded by drunks, although I still don't know how it is that I didn't get drunk with apple cider, when it seemed to affect them too much, it was like seeing drunks from my home, with the difference of drinks like beer, tequila, etc., maybe it will be something that you investigate later, it has to have a meaning.

"I'm going to retire, even though we had a few small problems we were able to solve them for peace, thanks for the cider."

"Of course, by the way, I would say something like come back soon, but in this case I will tell you not to come back, remember that this place is still for older ponies, I don't want anyone to see a child enter a bar,
do me a favor and don't come back unless you're eighteen."

"Of course, it was an emergency, I'm leaving so I won't come back, don't worry."

"For peace?!!!…what a weird kid, being just a foal he should have gotten drunk on just the first pot of cider…I'll just ignore him." (thought)

I had managed to fill my stomach with something, At least not to sleep hungry tonight... usually it would be dangerous to be alone at this hour, but not a soul is seen in the whole town, it is seen that the nights here are pleasant and calm.
I arrived at the library exhausted, I just wanted to close my eyes, it's three in the morning and I haven't slept at all, I need to rest, I've read too much today, my eyes hurt from reading today, and the song dries my throat, I think I'll go to sleep for now, tomorrow I'll continue researching, and tomorrow I'll be able to see Sweetie Belle again... wait , that's not the priority, agh, focus idiot.

Author's Note:

-Next Chapter: PonyVille.