• Published 10th Apr 2022
  • 1,333 Views, 342 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Mind Over Mutant - RainbowRaptorDash1



For this adventure, Crash Bandicoot, Pinkie Pie, Mikey, Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Dash, Raph and Casey will need to use mind over matter.

  • ...
4
 342
 1,333

Episode 3: Nemies Everywhere!

In N. gin’s hideout, when Aku Aku finished explaining what he saw, everyone was stunned by what they heard.

“N-No way…” Mikey uttered

“This isn't good.” Raph dreaded.

“This has Cortex's fingerprints all over it.” Crash realized.

“When I get my hands on him, he'll wish he stayed hidden.” Sonata growled.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Sonata, calm down!” Pinkie warned as Sonata heard her and took deep breaths, calming herself down.

“Relax, Pinkie. I'm fixed.” Sonata replied with a calm smile.

“Good. Now let's get moving back.” Dingodile said.

“I'm coming, too!” Rilla Roo added.

“Rilla Roo, it's okay if you don't want to.” Crash kindly responded.

“Ooh-ooh! You helped me, so I’ll have to help you!” Rilla Roo replied.

“We didn't do it for a debt, Rilla Roo. We did it because it was right.” Crash explained as everyone agreed with him, but Rilla Roo remained firm.

“Aah! Still, I gotta help!” Rilla Roo insisted.

“Alright. Let's get moving, people!” Crash declared with everyone agreeing with him as they took the shortcut through the stream in the cave.

Meanwhile, at Crash’s house…

“How much longer do we have to wait?” A Ratnician asked impatiently.

“Zero seconds!” A tomboyish voice answered as the next thing the Ratnicians knew was being attacked by Foxata, before getting stink bombed by a humanoid stench that had pegasus wings on her back, Rainbow Dash’s hairstyle, equipment, clothes and had a symbol on her right cheek. It was Rainbow Vulture!

“This feels great!” Rainbow Vulture yelled as everyone was so busy fighting the Ratnicians, Tawna was the only one seeing NV Coco climbing up onto the Doominator.

“Casey, Rilla Roo, you two are with me.” Tawna said.

“Ooh-ooh-okay!” Rilla Roo responded.

“You got it!” Casey said.

“We'll handle these guys! Just get my sister back!” Crash requested.

“Sure thing, Crash!” Tawna accepted the request as Rilla Roo grabbed her and Casey, and jumped onto the Doominator.

“Hey Coco, me and these boys are going to get my friend back.” Tawna assured as she grabbed her Bo Staff.

“Wait, Crunch?!” Casey noticed as the three heroes saw NV Crunch, before the vigilante tried to take off his NV, but poked his eyes instead.

“Ooooh! Don’t touch my gizmo! It’s fantaculous!” NV Crunch said before he ran off.

“Dude, hold on!” Casey urged as he tried to go after NV Crunch, but was stopped by NV Coco.

“LOOK OUT!” Tawna shouted as NV Coco lunged at Casey, but then the vigilante brought out his taser and shocked the mind-controlled bandicoot, who leapt back away from Casey.

“My trusty old taser. Never leave home without it.” Casey said in relief.

“Maybe next time shock her helmet.” Tawna suggested.

“Sorry, didn’t have enough time.” Casey apologized as NV Coco climbed up onto a platform, before starting up an engine, activating a machine.

“Uh-ooh!” Rilla Roo dreaded as NV Coco shot a basketball out of the machine at the three heroes.

“Incoming!” Tawna shouted as Rilla Roo used his arms to shield everyone.

“Thanks, big guy.” Casey said in gratitude.

“Ooh-ooh! You’re welcome!” Rilla Roo responded as NV Coco fired another basketball, before Casey gasped in realization.

“Why didn’t I think of it before?!” Casey asked himself in disbelief as he brought out his wooden bat. “Batter up!” Casey shouted as he nailed the basketball and sent it right back, hitting NV Coco.

“You manic!” NV Coco shouted before she fired a flaming basketball.

“My turn!” Rilla Roo declared as he swung his hammer, sending that basketball right back and setting NV Coco on fire.

“I’m boiling!” NV Coco yelled as she jumped down to a shallow pool of water to douse the flames on her.

“Sorry, Coco.” Tawna apologized as she hit Coco hard, sending her across the ground.

“No more going easy.” NV Coco growled as she unsheathed her claws and charged for Tawna, who switched to Tri-Staff.

“I hope this gets that whacko NV off your head.” Tawna said as she wrapped her Tribaton around Coco, and threw her off the platform onto the ground with the others, making the NV fly off, broken.

As the Ratnicians retreated the others who were pulverizing them, Coco started reverting back to normal.

“Something tells me you'll get along nicely in this group, Tawna.” Casey unintentionally flirted.

“Sorry, already taken.” Tawna responded, shooting Casey down.

“Rarrrgghh… Rrr… Hello?” Coco wondered as Aku Aku went to her.

“Coco! You’re back to normal! The NV loaded you up with some sort of dark mojo. I could feel my brother’s influence pervading you.” Aku Aku informed.

“Aw... But it was so cool. You guys sure it was nefarious?” Coco asked.

“Oh, it was. You practically grew horns.” Aku Aku answered as everyone else agreed.

“Oh, fudge! Well, now I'm mad. The best gizmo in ages is evil.” Coco said in disappointment and anger.

“Crunch, Stalag and the others are still under the NV’s control. We need to find where they’re going.” Aku Aku said.

“Relax, everyone. I'll use the eye to hack into the villains network.” Coco replied as she wiring the Doominator Eye, while Foxata and Rainbow Vulture turned back into Sonata, Vixot, Rainbow Dash and Skunture.

“That’s awesome!” Rainbow Dash cheered.

“Just gimme a sec.” Coco said as it took a minute for Coco to find something useful. “I think I got something. There's a video post in Cortex's blog.”

“I knew he had a hand in this.” Tawna deadpanned.

“Cortex has a blog?” Aku Aku asked in confusion.

“Oh, yeah. All the cool kids do it now.” Coco answered.

“Seriously, Coco?” Raph skeptically asked.

“Well, they did two years ago anyway.” Coco responded.

“Really? I never heard of it.” Aku Aku said.

“Yeah. Big shock… Watch this.” Coco agreed as everyone’s attention was now on the Doominator Eye.

“And I thought my 'Dish of the Week' blog was popular.” Dingodile noted.

“You... Keep doing that.” Coco responded as a video came on.

In the video, Dr. Cortex came out of the bathroom. “Ugh! There was a piece of lettuce in the urinal! Who eats a sandwich while going to the bathroom? Anywho, minions! I stand before you reborn! Renewed! Recommitted to evil!” Dr. Cortex declared as he threw a water balloon at a nearby Ratnician. “And I made up with an old colleague. Join me in welcoming... Nitrous Brio!” Dr. Cortex introduced as a strange man rose from the metal floor, it was Dr. Nitrous Brio!

“Yes, it is I, N. Brio! My name sounds like fetus. Hm. No doubt you all remember me as the inventor of the Evolvo-Ray!” N. Brio said while Sonata glared at Uka Uka, who was there at the time in the video.

“That was him? I thought Cortex did that.” Uka Uka replied.

“Of course it was me. I invented the Evolvo-Ray, and mutagenic techniques still being used by that traitorous Cortex today! I. Was in. The bandicoot’s! Creation!” N. Brio yelled as he got bigger and greener, before drinking a green substance, shrinking him back to normal size. “Mm. Lovely Kraang mutagen. So good. And I’m very happy to be back.” N. Brio said, making Raph, Mikey, Casey, Shini, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie and Sonata gasp at that.

Kraang... I know I’ve heard that name somewhere.” Dr. Cortex thought.

“Yes. It’s been forever since we’ve done some old-school evil.” Uka Uka said.

“Oh, and I've got some old school evil in mind. Allow me to present... The NV!” Dr. Cortex announced as a table rose, and the covers were removed to reveal a chubby sludge wearing an NV.

“That looks totally awesome! I designed it and I want four of them!” N. Brio said before he drank a bit of mutagen.

“And best of all; with it, I can create the most powerful mutants ever. And ones totally under my control. Watch.” Dr. Cortex added as he pressed a button, activating the NV and awakening the sludge. “Totally cool, n’est-ce pas? Check this out.” Dr. Cortex said as he pushed the button again, making the Sludge launch its arms and grab Uka Uka, pinning the voodoo mask against the wall.

“Cortex! What is the meaning of this? Release me immediately!” Uka Uka demanded.

“I used to run this operation... And it's time I did again.” Dr. Cortex responded.

“Yes, go for it, Dr. Cortex. Eye of the tiger. Hadōken! Paper covers rocks. But paper can’t stop rocks. It makes no sense!” N. Brio yelled, before he took another drink of the mutagen.

“I will destroy you for this, Cortex. Your life is forfeit!” Uka Uka growled.

“Oh my. Talk about a two-dimensional bad guy.” Dr. Cortex quipped.

“Yes. I wrote that line earlier.” N. Brio agreed as the two evil scientists high-fived each other.

“Look, it's nothing personal. I just need a source of bad mojo to fuel the NVs... And since I have no idea where those Siren Girls are... You'll have to do. N. Brio, I need you to keep the Bandicoot and his friends busy. Use our... Secret plan.” Dr. Cortex informed.

“Yes. So secret it hasn’t been invented yet.” N. Brio agreed as he finished his flask and tossed it away, before bringing out another mutagen flask. “But wait, Cortex. How will we get these devices onto mutants’ heads?”

“Oh, that's the easy part... We'll give it to them.” Dr. Cortex answered as he started laughed maniacally as green smoke blocked off the video.

“That's Cortex?” Raph asked.

“Yes.” The heroes and titans answered.

“Those NVs could be sent all over the island by now.” Coco informed.

“This ain't good.” Mikey dreaded.

“We need to find a way to take them out at the source.” Coco said.

“How we do that?” Aku Aku asked.

“We can't wander aimlessly over the island for it.” Shini added.

“Well, I think I know someone we could ask. Ugh, can’t believe I’m gonna say this but… let’s go talk to Nina.” Coco answered making the Wumpa Islanders, titans and goofball trio balk at that.

“Nina?” Raph, Rainbow Dash, Casey and Shini asked in confusion.

“Nina?!” Everyone else gasped in dread.

“Coco! I think that NV gave you brain damage.” Aku Aku said.

“Look, she'll be on the outs with Cortex after all of her shenanigans. Face it, she's our only lead.” Coco responded as the others hesitated, but agreed.

“Okay!” Crash replied with a thumbs up, when all of a sudden, an unusually large Spike landed in front of them.

“Stalag!” The goofball trio gasped as their friend, was unfortunately under the NV’s control.

“Stay back Coco, that NV might’ve drained you a bit.” Crash suggested in worry.

“I'm fine!” Coco insisted.

“If you say so.” Tawna said.

“Try to buy me some time while I get my weapons.” Coco informed.

“Understood!” Sonata responded as everyone charged at NV Stalag, but he countered Crash and the Goofballs perfectly and swatted them away.

“It's like fighting Wolfatizer all over again!” Mikey remembered as Casey tried to disorient him with his puck, only for NV Stalag used his spikes to protect himself.

“That's actually cool.” Casey admitted as Raph jumped behind NV Stalag and grabbed onto the spikes on his back.

“Not so tough now, are ya!” Raph taunted as he was about to stab the NV, when NV Stalag grabbed him and threw him at Casey. “Drat! Thought that would work!” Raph admitted as Rilla Roo tried to match strength with NV Stalag to give Dingodile a clear shot, but the Spike titan threw him into the reformed hybrid.

“Sorry, pal.” Rilla Roo apologized.

“No worries, mate.” Dingodile responded as Rainbow Dash started running circles around NV Stalag.

“This'll make him dizzy!” Rainbow Dash said before NV Stalag created a spike circle around him, which the the daredevil slammed into. “Ouch.” Rainbow Dash uttered before Shini stood on to of a spike pillar, waving the ball like a pendulum.

“Let's see how you like this.” Shini taunted as NV Stalag started to feel dizzy, but snapped himself out of it before swiping his claw at her as Shini dodged. “Anyone else thinking this guy is anticipating our moves a little too well?” Shini pointed out.

“Well, he and I did get along really well.” Coco answered, making everyone look behind them to see Coco with her whip and shield.

“Wanna tag team him?” Tawna asked.

“Like I wouldn't pass this chance up!” Coco answered as the two female bandicoots then split up and attacked from both of NV Stalag's sides, before he attacked Coco, but she blocked with her shield. “I'm really glad I reinforced the material on this.” Coco said in relief as Tawna fired the grappling hook from her staff and pulled NV Stalag's arm. “Now, Tawna!” Coco shouted as Tawna pushed the button from before, shifting it into its Tribaton form before wrapping it around NVStalag's right arm.

“Coco, go for it!” Tawna shouted.

“Sorry about this, Stalag!” Coco apologized as she wrapped her whip around NV Stalag's left arm before jumping onto his head, pulling off the NV and destroying it with her shield, making Stalag collapse from exhaustion.

“We did it!” Grihoga cheered as Stalag started to shrink back to his normal form.

“My head…” Stalag groaned.

“You okay?” Coco asked in concern.

“I think so.” Stalag answered.

“Phew... I'm glad you’re alright.” Coco said in relief, before noticing the looks she was getting from the other girls, making her blush. “It's... not what it looks like.” Coco tried to explain before seeing something on the NV and started examining it. “Hmm... Maybe I can use these spar parts to make something that can reverse the effects and free the mutants wearing the NVs, but that means I'll have to temporarily take control of them.”

“Stalag, do you remember anything?” Crash asked.

“Ugh... I-I don't know.” Stalag answered.

“You better stay here. The rest of us will find Nina.” Mikey suggested.

“No, I've already did enough damage and sitting on the sidelines. I'm coming with you guys.” Stalag declared before turned into an orange Spike mask with yellow markings.

“Guys, I've got good news, bad news, and worst news.” Coco informed, making Pinkie gulp at that.

“What are they?” Pinkie asked.

“Bad news is these NVs are transmitting thought patterns between wearers, including Leo and the others.” Coco answered.

“So that's how Stalag was able to counter all our moves with no problem at all.” Raph realized.

“But the good news?” Mikey asked.

“The good news I think I can tune a tracker to find Nina by using Cortex’s DNA on the NV.” Coco answered.

“And the worst news?” Sonata presumed.

“I have no way to track the others. They could be anywhere on the island.” Coco answered.

“Or they could pop up anywhere at anytime like Stalag did.” Pinkie added with a smile and a *Squee!*, leaving everyone concerned.

“Guys, I'm not crazy about fighting somebody we care about. But right now they need our help. So if anyone has hesitations, I understand if you want to stay here.” Crash informed, but no one wanted to stay behind. “Then, let's get moving.”

“Right!” Sonata agreed.

“So where’s Nina?” Mikey asked as Coco finished her device.

“I can't say for sure, but it seems close to Icetopia.” Coco answered, with the Wumpa Islanders knowing where.

“Ratcicle territory.” Crash noticed.

“And last I checked this Island Map I had, it's just past the grasslands.” Pinkie added while looking at a map of the island she pulled out of her hair.

“That means we can get there easily on foot. Let's go!” Rainbow Dash declared.

“This is gonna be awesome!” Skunture added in excitement.

Meanwhile, Dr. Cortex was spying on them on his monitor.

“Hmm... Well, I thought those three would be here. But I didn't think they would bring friends.” Dr. Cortex admitted.

“Those are the Bandicoot's pals you told me about?” N. Brio asked.

“Yes. And we have control over some of their friends.” Dr. Cortex answered as Adagio and Aria in their siren forms came on his screen. “And we hit the Bad Mojo jackpot!”

“Are they that siren girl’s sisters?” N. Brio asked.

“I believe so. This is just too good!” Dr. Cortex answered in pure ecstasy.

“Maybe I’ll add some of my potions into the mix.” N. Brio said.

“Not yet. I want to see if that memory device works.” Dr. Cortex replied.

“Huh? Why are you making those?” N. Brio asked.

“Fool, they're hooked into the NVs. They'll transmit combat skills and strategies to one another.” Dr. Cortex answered.

“Now that will make them unstoppable!” N. Brio declared as he took a drink of his mutagen.

“Could you not drink that stuff around me.” Dr. Cortex requested.

“I cannot help myself. Ever since I met those strange aliens, my mutagen has been tasting more good than ever before.” N. Brio responded.

“If you knew where that stuff came from, you wouldn't drink it.” Dr. Cortex uttered under his breath.

“Besides, thanks to this new brew of mutagen, I'm feeling stronger than before!” N. Brio added.

"Just... Be careful with that stuff!" Dr. Cortex warned as N. Brio took another drink of his mutagen.

To be Continued...

Author's Note:

Dingodile: Hmm… I wonder if the others aren’t working for Cortex anymore.

Rilla Roo: Ooh-ooh! Beats me.

Next time on Equestria Ninja Girls…

Episode 4: Diamond in the Grasslands.