• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 3,457 Views, 183 Comments

Fuel the Eternal Flame | A DOOM MLP Crossover - NotAnEditor



Eons ago, in the trades of Nekravol, the great Khan Maykr sold away large stocks of worlds and planets that were once under their jurisdiction to the Dark Lord of Hell. Amongst these worlds being the peaceful land of Equestria.

  • ...
12
 183
 3,457

PreviousChapters Next
Setting Sun

Luna walked into the hall, watching as her sister stood up. Daybreaker cracked her neck, twisting it side to side to warm up. “That was cheap, sister.”

“You are not my sister.” the princess spread out on her four hooves, readying for a fight.

Daybreaker bursted to her wings, forelegs first towards Luna. She ducked under the attack, punishing with a powerful blast of dark blue energy. Luna flew backwards on her wings to dodge several swipes of burning hot flame. She dodged another cut, before flashing a teleport behind Daybreaker, firing another non-lethal burst.

The alicorn didn’t want to hurt her sister. She wished she could use the elements, free her from this affliction. But Equestria did not have enough time. They had to use as much time as they could to fight against those in the abandoned castle and seal away the demons once and for all.

Daybreaker growled, setting a hoof to the back of her neck where she was hit. “Fight me, sister! Your blows are weak on purpose!”

The fiery mare summoned a group of spears around her, sending them forth onto Luna. The numerous weapons hurled through the air, cracking into the wood and stone and melting them. Luna dodged many, just barely scraping past one, which caused a nasty singe on her right side.

She flew up, dodging another charge from her sister. Before Daybreaker could turn to go for another attack, she was met with a blinding flash of light. She covered her eyes from the extreme spell, feeling a tired feeling consume her as Luna tried her best to cast a sleeping spell on the corrupted princess.

Luna squinted, grunting as she tried her best to contain her via rest. However, it was to no avail as she quickly broke out. Luna had to dodge yet another swift flight at her. This time, the moon princess caught her in her telekinetic grasp at the last second. It dragged her to the nearest wall, slamming her into it brutally.

Once she was let up, Daybreaker glared at Luna angrily. “No more tricks, sister. Accept your death!” her horn charged furiously with lethal magic. It whirred deeply, before expelling a rapid-bunch of brutal blasts towards the dark blue pony. Luna had to rush behind a corner to avoid the deathly rays.

“You believe your people can be saved?” she laughed. “The ponies are weak, puny! They are not worthy enough in strength to live.”

The darker princess rounded a corner, hiding a moment, thinking about some way to stop Daybreaker from fighting. Was it possible to restrain her without hurting, or even killing Celestia? She felt herself fly off her hooves as she was shot with a charged blast from her enemy’s horn.

Luna had to just barely catch herself on her wings, keeping flight to dodge another blast. Daybreaker took flight, attempting to drive into her with her gold-adorning hooves. The moon-oriented pony dodged the attack, flying under her and spinning to face her enemy all while making their way through the halls of the castle..

The battle had now reached the throne room, much of the guard ponies leaving for their own safety, as commanded by Luna. “Celestia, stop this immediately!”

“As I said, I am no longer Celestia.” Daybreaker sneered.

Daybreaker suddenly felt a chain wrap around her right forehoof, another joining on her rear left hoof. The dark blue magic of her sister attempted to restrain her best Luna could, even wrapping around her horn to attempt to stunt her magical attempts. However, it was useless as Daybreaker tore free with a blast of sunlight.

They dueled viciously, dodging numerous blasts of light from one another. Luna did her best to weave and dodge between blasts of fire, returning less lethal moon-rays. “You know, you were not too different from me now.”

“Nightmare Moon? Don’t dare make me think of that time.” she puffed with anger, dodging another attack.

“Oh, I try to not think of it as well.” she glared. “Do you know how hard it was? Whilst you were gone?”

Luna didn’t reply, letting the alicorn speak.

“Trapping you on the moon was a thing I wish I didn’t have to do. But you were so selfish, power-hungry. So I had to banish you, leaving me alone for centuries!” her rabid tone seemed weighed with emotion as she recalled the times.

“That was not me, Celestia. As you now are not yourself.” Luna explained sympathetically.

There was a moment absence of fighting as the sisters stared for the duration before Daybreaker spoke up. “And for defying your sister, and leaving me tortured and alone so long, I will destroy our kingdom.”

“You’re not thinking right! The demons, they control you.” Luna attempted to persuade.

Daybreaker did not carry out the conversation, rushing Luna and grabbing her with her hooves. With all her might, she flung her sister through one of the stained windows. Luna winced in pain, catching herself on her wings. She looked at her side, seeing a large shard of glass wedged into her.

She watched as blood began seeping onto her coat, the alicorn landing on a nearby roof to gather herself as it began to hurt to fly. Luna encased the shard with her magic, attempting to yank it out before giving up on a tiny pull. Her pain was interrupted by the sound of Daybreaker landing not too far in front of her on the roof.

Daybreaker summoned a large group of fiery magic rays, propelling them at Luna. The fellow alicorn dodged all the attacks, holding back yelps of pain from the injury as it was disturbed from the flapping of wings.

Luna spun in the air to dodge another magic blast. Despite her sister’s lethal attempts to slay Luna, she still would not fight back. At least not to kill. This brought disappointment to the look of Daybreaker as she gazed at the distant sun, just barely beginning to set.


The corrupted princess smiled cockily. “Well, it appears even with your life under threat, you still avoid harming me.”

Luna waited for the next sneaky attack, bringing out her quick answer. “I will wait until the six return, then we may restore you. Just as you did for me.”

“Hm, well, I suppose to get you to fight, you will need a threat larger than one to yourself.” Celestia stated, horn lighting as she shut her eyes and lifted it up.

Luna saw the horn lift to the sun, it glowing in the flaming magic of Daybreaker before vanishing. Darkness covered Equestria for a couple of seconds, before a light brighter than anything Equestria had seen returned. The princess felt her hide sizzle and scorch with unbearable heat.

She looked up, gasping in surprise at what she saw. The sun was close, extremely close! The humongous celestial body hung over the castle menacingly.

“If you do not battle me, then all of Equestria will be lost.” Daybreaker declared.

Luna put a hoof over her face, feeling the heat burn her fur even through the shield. The alicorn realized, with dread, that she would have to end her sister for the fate of her home. She shut her eyes, charging a ridiculous beam of energy before unleashing it on Daybreaker.

Daybreaker did so as well. The hellfire of Daybreaker’s magic collided with the moody blue of Luna’s aura. The strength of each other’s spell would try to outdo each other, going left and right but never advancing any reasonable amount. This was changed once Luna growled through the pain of her glass-related injury, putting forth all her might into the spell.

The moody blue began overpowering the fire, pushing it back ever so slightly. Inch by inch Luna would gain ground, the two alicorn’s grunting in focus. Eventually, the slow strength of Luna’s power wore down the hellfire, exploding into Daybreaker.

The corrupted alicorn was sent off her hooves, slowly getting up to reveal her still fiery mane. “N-Nice-” she coughed. “Nice shot.” she stood, taking flight to attack Luna.

She was suddenly halted by a sleepy feeling overtaking her. She slowly set on her hooves, groggily closing her eyes as she slumped to the ground.

Luna gasped for breath, finishing her sleep spell. The alicorn limped over, setting her horn onto her sister’s head gently before it lit with her aura.

The princess opened her eyes, gasping into the mindscape of Celestia. It was a hellish cavern, brimstone and fire burning brutally with hundreds of pony skulls across the ground. The only source of light was the fire within the deep cave, no sign of life from the first glance Luna had gained.

Luna looked around frantically. “Celestia?! Celestia!”

It was not long before she saw her sister, the large pony curled up in a corner pathetically. Luna’s heart sapped with worry as she approached the quivering princess. “Sister?” she lifted a hoof gently.

“I failed them…” she claimed. “They are dead…”

Luna didn’t understand what to say as she saw her defeated sister in the corner. Slowly, the alicorn figured something. A way to inspire hope.

Luna gave a concerned look. “Sister, Canterlot has not met its end.”

“Huh?” she looked behind her. “But Luna, it has! There is no way Canterlot would have survived.” her white cheek-fur was stained with tears.

“That is where you are wrong.” Luna smiled, happy to finally see her royal sibling once more. “Twilight saved us, bought enough time for the Great Slayer.”

Celestia stared a moment, before more tears began to flow. “Th-then I did aid our people…”

“You did.” the comforting grin of Luna warmed the heart of the other princess.

The sun princess lowered her head. “It's unfortunate…”

Luna was taken aback by the statement. “H-How so?”

“It's… well, sister.” a sneer unlike herself crept on her face. “It is too bad that they are already doomed!”

Luna was torn from the dreamscape, a hoof around her neck as she was flown through the air, barreling toward the sun. She screamed in pain, her back-fur burning away as she was brought closer.

“Come along, sister! Do as you need!” Daybreaker taunted, flying towards the sun.

Luna struggled to break from the powerful grip of the demon, squirming around furiously. “No!” she stubbornly refused, tears forming as she failed to accept what had to be done.

“No?” that gruesome laugh disturbed Luna. “Then it will be the end for your people! Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Applejack. Thousands of your peasants!” her eyes were filled with demonic child-like glee. “All because you were too selfish to let one pony go!”

The more she spoke, the faster her tears faded into a determined stare. As the heat became more unbearable, she couldn’t handle it anymore. The threats, the loss of her sister she refused to accept, all the death. She… all she could do to defend herself in such a close range was lower her head and drive her horn into her sister.

CLkhshck…

She felt her horn gruesomely drive through the hide and bone of her sister. Luna gasped, terror filling her heart as she looked up. In the stress of the moment, she was not thinking right. Her brain was fuzzed and rushed. And now, sitting on her horn was the twitching body of her sister. The fire and flames of Daybreaker’s form slowly shifted away, the mane shifting to that which resembled Celestia. However, the magical mane faded, absence of the multi-color light.

The two plummeted through the air, Celestia falling away from her sister’s horn. Luna caught her sister in her forehooves quickly, turning to the close sun with sadness in her heart. She shut her eyes, casting a spell that could not be used whilst under the assaults of Daybreaker. The sun vanished, reappearing in its normal spot nearing the horizon.

She began gently hovering down into the gorgeous garden of the Canterlot castle with her sister in her forelegs. The setting sun was making way in the sky for the moon, stars dotting the sky peacefully as she returned to the ground.

Luna gently landed near a marble bench, laying the limp, fireless corpse of Daybreaker down. The hellish features began dissipating as the alicorn fizzled out of life. Celestia… as her sister died due to the large and deep wound in her chest, Luna nuzzled against her bigger sister sadly.

The only words she could bear before a mountain of rushing sobs, was a goodbye. “Goodnight, sister…”

PreviousChapters Next