• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 3,457 Views, 183 Comments

Fuel the Eternal Flame | A DOOM MLP Crossover - NotAnEditor



Eons ago, in the trades of Nekravol, the great Khan Maykr sold away large stocks of worlds and planets that were once under their jurisdiction to the Dark Lord of Hell. Amongst these worlds being the peaceful land of Equestria.

  • ...
12
 183
 3,457

PreviousChapters Next
Together

“AAAAHHAAHAAAAAA!” Pinkie screamed in excitement as the six plummeted to the earth.

The shrill, terror filled screechings of the non-flying ponies filled the air. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had long taken flight, catching Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Rarity screeched in horror as she approached the ground.

The dramatic unicorn was swiftly caught by Twilight, the alicorn lowering to gently place down her friend. She was still screaming as she was set down, eyes closed and unaware that her hooves had been placed to the earth. Twilight gave her a confused look, tapping her shoulder lightly to let her know they had landed.

Rarity stopped, peeping one eye open and slowly lifting the other. She was safe! She was saved! Rarity grinned, then smiled, then laughed. As she laughed, she was beginning to tear up, before she tackled Twilight with a hug. “Y-You saved us!”

Her warm, white furred legs wrapped around the chilling metal armor Twilight adorned. Twilight did not return the hug, scared for a moment. What if she accidentally hurt Rarity? Suddenly, she felt another pair of hooves wrap around her, Fluttershy silently hugging her hero. She could hear the small, silent sobs of the pegasus.

Pinkie Pie smiled goofily, bouncing over and giving a thankful hug as well. Applejack tilted her hat slightly, before entering the group hug. Rainbow Dash, with a smile of how cool Twilight had become, joined as well.

The five hugged her happily. As they surrounded Twilight, the alicorn was beginning to cry. Tears welled up in her eyes, joy watering her eyeballs. She did it. She saved her friends, and even if she couldn’t save Equestria, at least the princess was capable of bringing her friends back from the clutches of Hell itself.

The six were a pile of pure happy thankfulness. They were alive, they were free, they were together. A solid minute passed of laughing, crying and smiling, Twilight lost in tears in the center of the large hug.

The ship.” the Praeleanthor said, interrupting the joyful event.

Rainbow and Applejack looked over, nudging everypony else to gaze at the hellship. Numerous bright red fires plumed from the ship’s hull, its flight path lowering and the tentacles of the beast which carried the deck becoming limp. After a while of it collapsing, its thruster began whirring, a huge red portal forming in front of it.

After a moment of the jets on the back of it flaring up, it blasted through the portal, the vortex soon following suit and shutting. Once the ship had evaded Canterlot, the group cheered, Pinkie Pie exceptionally so.

Twilight wiped tears from her eyes with a hoof as the group slowly dispersed, celebrating the victory. Even Fluttershy was growing a smile after her sobbing, only to freeze in place as she noticed something far behind the other five.

Rarity looked over, a confused look as Fluttershy backed up in fear, wing feathers fluffing up. “Fluttershy, darling? What appears to be the matter?”

The shrunken pupils of the pony reflected the sight of numerous piles of dead bodies. Tons of demonic bodies contorted, demolished and chopped up. Lakes of blood flowing and fountaining to stain the grass below a twisted maroon. The gore would make any pony’s spine chatter.

Rarity looked to the wall of Canterlot with a ghastly gasp. The other four followed her stare, all following suit in the shock and surprise the unicorn displayed, with exception to Twilight.

The princess of friendship gazed across the carnage she had produced like it was nothing out of the ordinary. After a moment of them noticing the tiny grin in Twilight’s mostly straight mouth, they began growing worried. Maybe Twilight hadn’t been so sane since they last met.

“Erm, Twi, did ya do all of… this?” Applejack queried as one of the piles solely composed of Imps twitched due to a corpse’s arm.

“Yes.” she replied, starting towards the front gates. “Join me. It's not safe out here.” Twilight informed happily. Although, it was more sapped than her usually jolly tone. Much of her voice had been sapped of emotion, now much less optimistic than before they were taken.

The five dreaded having to trudge past the wall of bodies. They could smell the corpses from dozens of meters away. “Is there a way around?” Rainbow asked with equal fear for her lavender friend.

“Only a way through.”

Had Twilight become so lethal, she had dispatched an entire army with a single hoof? It was a lot more than some brushing up on old combat spells. The questions would have to wait though, as Twilight led them through a crack in the corpses, the Soul Cube joining her side. Fluttershy covered her eyes and nose with one of her wings, Rarity unable to remove her eyes from the bloody masses yet still holding a hoof over her muzzle in disgust. Even Pinkie couldn’t bear a grin around the mayhem.

Twilight took one step to the door, the gates flinging open suddenly. "Who goes there?!" The booming voice of Luna challenged as the gates opened. She was in a battle stance horn pointed defensively. It was loaded with a powerful beam.

However, as Luna inspected the six further, she realized who they were. Paranoia subsided to surprise as her pose weakened, head rising high with perked ears. "T-Twilight Sparkle? Pinkie Pie? Applejack… all of you? You are alive?"

"Yuppers!" The pink earth pony answered.

"But who saved you? How did you escape the grasp of the demons?" Luna kept her eyes on Twilight. "Do not tell me you went through the process."

The armored Twilight nodded. "I had to."

Luna gave an uneasy look. "So you were responsible for the effigies outside? Where is my sister?"

The six all gave each other uneasy looks, Twilight looking at the ground.

The moon princess swallowed painfully. "Oh…"

~

The two alicorns were speaking in another room as the five ponies got settled in. It was a large bedroom consisting of five or so beds, each colored similarly to the six friends. There was a tiny purple and green cushion sitting right next to Twilight’s bed on the ground. They all collectively gave a solemn look at it at some point.

All of them were silent as they got their beds orchestrated. Rarity was in the bathroom connected to the bedroom, brushing her mane. It was an easy way for the unicorn to relieve stress. Finally, after a while of the deafening silence, Applejack spoke up.

“Doesn’t anypony else think somethang is up with Twilight?” she asked, taking a seat on the couch and adjusting her hat.

Fluttershy nodded. The pegasus was sitting, reserved and defensive. “I-I think s-somethings up with her… thinking your best friends are dead can’t be good for anypony.”

“Well, we were alive.” Rainbow Dash pointed out.

“Still, she watched Spike die.” the other pegasus replied.

Rarity spoke from the bathroom’s opened door. “I don’t believe any sane pony would make whatever wall she forged.” she shivered at the thought of it. “All that blood… by Celestia, it was retched!”

Rainbow Dash nodded. “I do like my fair bit of bad guy fighting, but what Twilight did, it was more of a massacre than a fight.” she shivered a little.

Applejack nodded, before recalling the ruler. “Speaking of Celestia, what do ya thank happened to her?"

"Corrupted." Fluttershy answered, sure.

"What'd ya say, Sugarcube?" Applejack flicked an ear, as if swatting to capture what she said.

Fluttershy cleared her throat nervously to speak up. "I said she was corrupted."

"Like what happened to the CMC." Pinkie realized. She was just as anxious as the rest of the group.

Rarity stopped doing her makeup for a second, Rainbow's wings fluffed up and Applejack blinked longingly. The white unicorn’s expression twisted into one of distaste and anger as she returned to her mascara.

"It looked like Celestia’s version of Nightmare Moon." Fluttershy added. "It was so unlike her."

"So the demons are in control of Celestia now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

“Maybe.” Fluttershy replied, looking down at the blankets on the bed for a moment.

Applejack double-taked, a thought coming to her mind. “What about Discord? I thought Celestia reformed him just in case something like this would’ve happened again.”

The other earth pony nodded in agreement. “Yeah! What’s up with that?”

Fluttershy’s fur rose at the sound of the chaos being’s name. Well, demon, now that she knew. Her thoughts on Discord were heavily conflicted. “He can’t.” she muttered.

“Why?” Pinkie asked.

“He could’ve stopped this whole thing before it even started.” Rainbow Dash added. Although she didn’t want to say it, she wondered if Scootaloo would still be here if it wasn’t for the draconequus’ absence.

You all don’t understand…” Fluttershy had an issue trying to find a way to put it. How Discord was actually one of the demons.

Rarity began walking out of the bathroom, make-up all done. There was a particular anger in her stare as she sat on the purple and white sheets of the bed that neighbored Fluttershy. “Don’t understand what?” her angered voice was as striking as lightning.

“I can’t say-”

“Tell us what we don’t understand, Fluttershy.” Rarity stung, sitting lavishly on the bed.

“...” she sat at the bed nervously.

Rarity continued. “I believe I understand that Equestria as we know it is gone!” the pegasus shrunk with the statement. “Everything we know is gone! Ponyville was destroyed by the monsters, our sisters were taken by them and… and killed! And now the only true bastion for any of us to live comfortably is attacked every single day. How are we to live like that, Fluttershy?”

“I don’t-”

“What do you know?!” Rarity bursted. “You don’t know anything!”

Fluttershy remained quiet, even though she knew more about this invasion more than anypony else in the room.

The white unicorn’s furious face was scrunched with anger. “You have done nothing but feel bad for yourself for this entire month of Tartarus! I’ve done all I could to help our group. Decorating and looking my best every single day to cheer everypony up! What have you done?!” she shouted.

As Rarity exploded at her friend, Applejack began inching over. “Ey, Rarity? Don’t ya think you’re going a little too hard on her?”

“I don’t think so at all!” Rarity shook her head, her pompous mane flinging left and right. “While our sisters were being manipulated by those ghastly beasts, instead of having Discord save them, the two were enjoying tea on a nice summer evening!” her screams turned into a roar at the end of the sentence, everypony staring at the well-kept unicorn in fear.

Rarity breathed for air once her speech was finished. The shouting was stressful on her vocal cords. As silence stuffed the room, it was soon overlaid by the whimpers of Fluttershy. The pegasus sobbed, hooves to her head.

Her crying could make anypony worry as they watched the pathetic pony wallow in sorrow. The tears stained her cream colored pelt as she pondered over the numerous statements spouted at her viciously. Had Fluttershy done enough to help her friends? Was she truly selfish?

Rarity froze, pupils shrinking, as if realizing what she had done. Like she had stepped on a puppy’s tail. The fog of anger reduced from her gaze, seeing the consequences of her outburst.

“O-Oh, Fluttershy! I didn’t mean to make you cry.” she got off the bed, stepping closer to where the pegasus laid. “Fluttershy?”

The pegasus didn’t reply, lost in her tears.

Guilt rancored through Rarity, the unicorn looking at the other three ponies in the room. They gave disliking looks to Rarity, disgusted she could rage out like that on Fluttershy. Suddenly, the sound of the doors creaking open interrupted the moment.

The double doors to the large room were opened, revealing Princess Luna. “May all of you meet with Twilight and I?”

The four looked at each other, before stopping what they were doing and following Luna. Fluttershy was left alone in the room to sulk, the four feeling uncomfortable trying to break her from her sadness. The princess led them to the room over where Twilight and the ancient artifact spoke whilst waiting for their friends. Twilight looked at them for a moment.

“We have a plan.”

PreviousChapters Next