• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 3,457 Views, 183 Comments

Fuel the Eternal Flame | A DOOM MLP Crossover - NotAnEditor



Eons ago, in the trades of Nekravol, the great Khan Maykr sold away large stocks of worlds and planets that were once under their jurisdiction to the Dark Lord of Hell. Amongst these worlds being the peaceful land of Equestria.

  • ...
12
 183
 3,457

PreviousChapters Next
Daybreaker

“What is this plan?” Rarity asked, taking a seat at the table.

Applejack smiled. “Are we finally gonna get rid of them demons?” She took a seat with the other four.

Luna joined them. “Something of the sorts, yes. However, we would need a certain somepony. Discord.”

“Discord? But that cowards been hiding out in his chaos dream world thing since all this started! He isn’t going to help us.” Rainbow Dash crossed her forelegs,with annoyance.

“He has his reasons.” Twilight assured. “He was afraid he would be corrupted, controlled. Like what happened to Celestia.”

“Y-Yes.” Luna agreed, stuttering in grief for her sister. “But now, with the demons on the backfoot, I don’t believe it will be hard for us to convince him.”

Pinkie gave a confused look. “What are we having him do?” the frizzy-maned earth pony asked, tilting her head.

“Well, consulting the ancient texts in the hidden room, I’ve discovered that Equestria hangs somewhere between the normal realm and Hell. It is in the clutches of Hell, being dragged in just barely so that it can peak into the curtains of the outside realm from Hell.” she explained. “It is being held in by an ancient spell casted by the former king of the demons. I believe chaos magic combined with the power of the elements could remove us from Hell and destroy every demon in Equestria.”

“Can we not just use the elements as is?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight closed her eyes, beginning to explain. “Hell magic can only be countered by other Hell magic. That, or a spell equal in strength to the one casted by the Dark Lord so long ago.” she shrugged. “I don’t know what magic could hold a candle to something somepony named the Dark Lord could make.”

“Hell magic? But, Discord isn’t from there!” the pegasus pointed out with a confused flail of the hoof.

Princess Luna, standing at the end of the table, decided to reveal the truth about the draconequus. “He is from Hell. A demon of chaos, according to the old codexes.”

“Discords a demon?” Applejack asked. “Why ain’t he on their side then? Fluttershy?”

“Long ago he betrayed the demons, and now he is our ally. I don’t believe he could turn against us of his own will.” Luna replied.

“So the plan is to get rid of the demons with Discord’s help?” Rainbow Dash questioned, lifting an eyebrow. “That sounds easier than I expected.”

“Yes, the most difficult part-”

Everypony turned their head as they heard the door’s open widely. Standing before where the door once sat closed was the foreboding figure of a familiar somepony. Ferociously pale fur stretched over the tall frame of the flame-maned alicorn. The golden armor shimmered with the blood of innocents.

She sneered maliciously, lifting the guard she had slain with a bloody hoof. “You need better guards.” the corpse was thrown across the room, sliding before the table.

The pony’s eyes shrunk, all for Twilight. “S-Sister?” Luna, the closest to the corpse, lifted a hoof to prepare to step away.

Twilight hopped out of the chair to her hooves, the other four joining in alarm.

“Oh, are you looking for Celestia?” She cackled wickedly. “Well, I have quite the unfortunate news. That pitiful princess is out of the picture.”

Luna stepped away from the body. “N-No, that can’t be! This isn’t you. You are not supposed to be this!” horror rancored through the darker alicorn. “This should have ended with Nightmare Moon.”

“Hm, well…” the corrupted princess took several steps closer to her sister. “If our good friend Twilight has not introduced me yet, then you may call me Daybreaker!”

Luna’s look of fear halted, the princess blinking and opening her eyelids to reveal a determined glare. That was not her sister. Same as she was not Nightmare Moon.

“Now, sister.” she hissed through her cruel smile, her horn lighting to prepare a powerful blast of energy. “Hand over the six of them, or my friends at our old castle will reduce this world to ash in space.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked, before her high-tech helmet folded over her face.

Daybreaker gazed to the ceiling, raising her voice. “Incendium, please show our friends your scheme.”

“AH!” Rarity shrieked, feeling a twinge of fire in her hair as she spun to see a large hologram of the Archvile’s bust produced purely from flame.

The arch-demon cackled as Rarity patted the fire caught in her well-done hair away. “Greetings, ponies. I see you’ve met an old friend with a… new style.” his fiery gaze turned to Twilight. “Not too different from you, Twilight Sparkle.”

“What do you want?” Twilight scraped her hoof against the floor.

“To warn you.” he grinned maliciously. “You all have an hour to come to the Castle of the Two Sisters, before we annihilate your entire planet com-pletely.

Pinkie Pie gave an angered look. “Uh-huh? Like you're strong enough ta do that! All bark, no bite.”

The holographic fire shifted to present a hovering artifact in its hand. It was a mass of pulsating flesh, bone circled around to form a barrel in front of the meat. A satanic pentagram was singed on the top of the receiver, a beam flowing through the barrel of bones, pulsating with power.

“May I introduce the Unmaker?” the Archvile grinned as the weapon hovered in his hand. “It is charging as we speak. In 45 minutes, it will be ready. It would only be one shot to the sky, and your beloved Equestria will fracture into a million pieces.” he clenched his free hand brutally.

“Yeah right!” Pinkie challenged. “You’re bluffing.”

He smirked. “We could also have Daybreaker command the sun to drift into your planet.”

Luna was frozen. The demons, of course they had it. The Unmaker, a weapon designed to completely eviscerate an entire terrestrial body if the demons found it unfit for consumption. She thought it was lost to the demons, forever. Hidden away deep in the undergrounds of Sentinel Prime once the Outlander, now the Slayer, was discovered with it.

“Bring the elements to me now. The six little ponies. Or your world will be torn to cinders.” With that, the Archvile’s spell stopped, the fire disappearing.

She looked down in thought. She had to do something. Luna knew she couldn’t give over the elements. Something way worse would occur than the destruction of her home if they were so adamant about it. However, if she didn’t perhaps their threats were real. She turned her head to look back at her sister. Either way, she would have to fight Daybreaker, or she would force Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy to be used to resurrect the Dark Lord.

Her horn lit a moment, slipping Twilight her plan via telepathy. I will hold Daybreaker off. Go to the Castle of the Two Sisters, stop them once and for all. Bring everypony except Fluttershy. She is the only able to convince Discord to aid us.

Although she couldn’t see Twilight’s expression under the helmet, she could see her give a light nod, unnoticeable to Daybreaker. After a moment longer of silence, the door began creaking, before slamming right into the princess, throwing her down the hall.

“Run! Everypony get to the castle as soon as possible! We’ve got to stop them.” Twilight exclaimed, running out the room and the hall that Daybreaker was not recuperating in.

As the two princesses dueled, the five rushed down the hall, bursting into the room they had left Fluttershy inside. Within the room, was nopony. Fluttershy was completely absent, all for but one note. Pinkie ran by, recognizing the hand-writing. “Heey! ‘Gone for tea?’ she must be with Discord-”

“Good.” Twilight responded, galloping out the room.

The five looked at each other before shrugging and chasing after. “Why good, Twi? Don’t we want all the help we can get?”

Twilight dipped her head, projecting a vortex far ahead of them to run through and to the entrance of the castle.

“Fluttershy’s the only one who could convince Discord to help us. If she gets him on our side, it will make this all the easi-” Clnk.

Twilight recoiled back as she ran head on into a heaping hunk of metal in the middle of the hallway. The Doom Slayer stood in front of her, coming out of the portal. His slipgate had to have been intercepted by the vortex so close to the one beneath the castle. The other four gasped. Mostly in surprise and fear, however Rainbow seemed rather excited. It was the thing that saved her at Ponyville.

“S-Slayer?” Twilight looked up. His armor had been repaired from before, his vision unreadable from behind the visor.

She had been informed by Luna about the demon killer, how he could aid them. In fact, it was one of the first things the alicorn asked about after reuniting with Twilight. The Doom Slayer simply stared back down, wordless. Her first encounter with the protector of Canterlot had been no different, except without the table throwing.

The Slayer saw the alicorn adorning a familiar set of Sentinel armor. An ally, the one who had slain the legion invading her home. She was a fellow killer of demons. Not too different from himself, here to defend what she loved.

In the moment of respect for each other, the two almost knew what had to be done.

The Doom Slayer lifted a strong hand to her height. In return, Twilight lifted a cybernetic hoof, clasping around his gauntlet with a strong grasp. The powerful hand gesture of respect was followed by a simple statement from Twilight.

“Let's go kill some demons.”

PreviousChapters Next