• Published 24th Dec 2021
  • 755 Views, 262 Comments

SuShi's Bizarre Adventure: Nugget Run Horizon - Jojoleopard



Summer Shine, the daughter of Sunset Shimmer, finds herself pulled into an international plot that could mean the end of civilization as we know it.

  • ...
5
 262
 755

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Hell is My Purgatory

Now combined with her Stand, Souyul became faster than ever, her feet no longer touching the ground as she swung her shovel repeatedly, trying to smash Coldplay’s face in. Prism had it duck and weave around each attack, keeping itself low to get under each swing.

She tried to find an opening to attack, but her heat blasts and her punches could be turned back against her. If she wanted to attack Souyul, she had to make sure it would be something she wouldn’t see coming.

Instead, Prism continued to have Coldplay move around, avoiding Souyul’s attacks to the best of its ability while her eyes scanned the fight, pinpointing the Nugget Person’s movements, trying to find a tell. Anything she could use to her advantage.

“You cannot escape me forever, human!” Souyul jeered as she aimed another swipe at Prism. “You will pay for the death of Lowadda!”

“You literally just said you didn’t even like Lowadda!” Prism complained as she backpedaled to give herself some breathing room.

Prism could feel the heat coming off of the Nugget Person. It was like a bonfire. Worse than a bonfire, and as much as she could keep sapping the thermal energy, Souyul would just generate more. Whatever Nugget People were, they seemed to have an everlasting source of fire within them, maybe an extension of their fighting spirit and life force.

“Lowodda might be a deceiving little snivel, but even she was worthier to live in this new world than you ever will be.” Souyul spun the shovel in one hand, then swapped it over to her other hand. “You humans prove resilient, I will give you that compliment, but nothing more.”

“Prism, hang in there, you can do this!” Summer cheered her on. They still kept their distance, respecting Prism’s wish to fight Souyul alone, but it was more than that for Summer. She believed her friend could do it. She believed Prism could win.

Coldplay dodged another of Souyul’s attacks, then attempted to swerve a punch around her shovel, only for her to smile and yank it sideways, pulling Coldplay’s arm down to the ground, where the shovelhead lodged into the earth, sending cracks webbing out from its point of impact. Trapped between the shovelhead and shaft, Coldplay couldn’t get its arm out and Prism could feel Souyul’s fire against her skin, burning her sleeve and her skin underneath.

“Have you ever been burned alive?” Souyul leaned closer to her Stand, and Prism felt the heat rise on her face. “Of course you haven’t. You’re still alive. In our time, we set countless humans on fire, sending their ashes to the sky to birth the land anew. Our fires were never big, so that they wouldn’t die too quickly. They would scream in the first three minutes. Then it would be silent for the next four as their bodies slowly burnt away. The humans sacrificed for us willingly, but for you, I will let you feel the full power of the flames of a Herrakrie. You would last no more than a minute.”

As she cackled, Souyul’s fire pulsed around her, then exploded in a deafening blast, knocking Prism and her friends down as Coldplay began to burn. Prism’s clothes were engulfed in flames and it quickly spread across her body, melting away skin as she rolled on the ground, struggling to put it out.

She attempted to have Coldplay absorb the heat, but Souyul’s fire burned strong.

Through wincing eyes, she looked at her friends, lying on the ground with hands raised, trying to protect themselves from the great flame. Even from where they were, they could feel it. Prism had to think of a way to end this.

“But how do I stop something that burns eternally?” she gasped in pain as her mind raced for ways to beat this foe. And then something clicked. She looked down at Souyul’s weapon, trapping her Stand under her. It might just work. “Coldplay, absorb! Quick!”

Coldplay lifted its palms, absorbing the massive flame that threatened to burn them all.

Souyul noticed her feeble attempt and let out a howl of laughter. “Foolish human! You cannot remove the heat within a Herrakrie! We burn forever! And with Grave Digger powering it, you will die before you even drain a percent of my power!”

“I’ll do it! Everyone’s rooting for me. Do or die, I’m going to beat you today!” Prism swatted at the fire on her face.

“I’ve ushered countless souls to the afterlife. Not once have I felt anything for them, but today, sending you there, I’m going to enjoy it.” Souyul’s grin widened as did the heat of her fire. Even the rocks under her feet started to melt.

With Coldplay so close to Souyul, Prism’s clothes had been completely burned away now and her skin was starting to fade, giving way to bone, especially that of her arms. She didn’t have long, she had to give this her all before it was too late.

She could sense all the heat Coldplay was absorbing, and even now, Souyul’s fire hadn’t faded even a sliver. There was no way she could absorb enough to stop her from killing them all, but it should be enough now. Enough to end it.

“Coldplay, it’s time! For a Sky Full of Stars!” Prism yelled, stretching one arm to the air.

Souyul furled one brow, not sure what Prism was up to, but then she tilted her head down a second too late as Coldplay now had both hands raised in front of her. Its palms glowed brightly, before a giant single beam of heat blasted out from the middle of both hands, followed along with a myriad of spiraling smaller blasts, each one tearing through Souyul and Grave Digger with ease, coming out behind her, destroying the ceiling and the stairway entrance they had come from.

Souyul stood there, her mouth agape as her fire died down, returning her hair to its usual maroon. Grave Digger fell from her body, collapsing on the ground as its shovel began to flake away like ashes in the wind. The left side of Souyul’s head was gone and there were thousands of holes through her body, straight through to the other side as blood began to pool at her feet, forming gold nuggets in the melted ground.

Her mouth wagged up and down, as if she was trying to say something, but nothing was uttered.

Prism slowly staggered to her feet, wiping some ash and soot off her face and breathing heavily. “That was where you made a mistake… You thought… I was trying to absorb all your fire… But I really just… needed enough. To send you to… hell.”

Then she pressed her index finger against Souyul’s chest and pushed her over onto the ground with a heavy thud. The Nugget Person fell into the rays of sun coming down from above, instantly turning to stone. Though, there was likely no way she was coming back from something like that.

“How do you like… them nuggets? Your fire was… powerful indeed. Powerful enough that it could be turned against you… lethally…” She panted before putting one arm behind her back and standing with both feet at a ninety degree angle. “For… Gipsy…”

Standing there now, she looked almost like a charred husk of a person, with nothing more than burnt skin and flesh for a body. Her once radiant rainbow hair was gone and she was barely recognizable.

Satisfied with her victory, Prism sighed and dropped on her back with a thud. That was when her friends rushed over, gathering around her and tapping her shoulders and her face.

“Prism, Prism!” Summer called her name.

“We did it…” Prism smiled and looked for Summer. “We did it, Sushi. I righted my wrong.”

“Yes. Yes you did, Prism. You did good.” Summer’s eyes were misty as she ran a hand down Prism’s head.

“Then that’s it for me… I did it. Gipsy was right… There was a reason I didn’t die then… I’m ready now.”

“No, no no no. You’re not, Prism. You’re not going to go.” Summer grabbed one of her hands, squeezing it hard.

Jojo was by their side, digging through his backpack. “I-I have medical supplies. From Sweetie! A-And I-I’ll get in touch with her. She can send another helicopter down here. We’ll get you out, Prism. Please, just don’t go.”

“Jojo…”

“It’ll sting a bit, but please hold on.” Jojo pulled out some ointments and medical sprays before spraying her burns, which meant spraying her all over her body.

“I don’t think… I can feel pain anymore.” Prism managed a grin at the corner of her mouth. “You don’t have to do this… It’s my time.”

“Not if we have anything to say about that.” Fuchsia knelt down beside them, much to Prism’s surprise. “You’re not getting out of here that easy. Jojo, get that chopper in. I’ll patch up this fuchsing moron.”

“Hey…” Prism groaned.

“You just saved us all and what you did was rather cool. I will do what I must, but you’re not dying here. Not today.” Fuchsia unrolled some bandages. Just then, the earth rumbled under them and everyone placed their hands and knees to the ground, steadying themselves. “We don’t have time. Sushi, you have to go. I’ll stay with Prism. I know what to do. My mother taught me first aid for all my self-harm. I guess I know how to do it.”

“A-Are you sure?” Summer looked between her and Jojo and Bushido. She didn’t want to leave them, especially her best friend, but after that last rumble, which was more powerful than the ones before, she knew there wasn’t much time left before the end of the entire world. They would have to go.

“For fuch sake.” Fuchsia sighed and gestured for them to go. “You know what you have to do.”

Summer shared a look with Bushido, then with Jojo, who was busily trying to communicate with Sweetie Belle on the phone. She knew Bushido well enough at this point. He would do anything for her. With her. And that would mean standing against the end of the world. And as for Jojo, he was the descendant of a legendary line of humans, each with secrets and strengths of their own. The Joyride family was strong and she knew he would see this to the end as well. As for Fuchsia, knowing her real feelings now, she knew Fuchsia would take good care of Prism in their absence.

“You did well, Prism. Rest now. Just don’t die.” Summer gave her a squeeze, then gave Fuchsia a pat and an affirming nod.

“Hey, even if you kill me, I won’t die… I’m awesome that way…” Prism gave them a weak thumbs up. “Go. Save the world, Sushi. Finish the adventure…”

With their goodbyes said, Summer led the way from the domed shelter they were under, walking out across the walkway that led to the huge arena ahead. Above it, a storm had begun to swirl, blocking out the sun’s rays and filling the sky with green lightning. Whatever Mhagmea was doing to the core, it was starting to show.

“Time to go…” Bushido stood beside Summer, secretly giving her hand a squeeze, away from Jojo’s eyes. “We can do this, Sushi. We will stop the Nugget People.”

“Yeah…” Summer agreed and the three of them broke into a run. “We will. I don’t know what we’ll do if we don’t.”

And there they were, heading towards the storm ahead. They had come far since the beginning of their journey, from Canterlot all the way to Berlin. Their adventure had been a heavy task, but now more than ever, they had to hold on to hope, because if they couldn’t stop Mhagmea, all life was going to end.
—-------JO-JO—------
Atop a throne of rock, Mhagmea crossed one leg over the other, then rested her chin on one hand, looking out at the huge arena before her. Eortsuh had specifically requested for this, knowing that Sushi and her gang would arrive to try and stop them.

Truthfully, she hadn’t expected them to stop Lowodda and she certainly hadn’t expected them to defeat Souyul, but as her eyes lingered on their approaching forms in the distance, she knew she had underestimated these children. That Dolfy had good reason to fear them.

“It seems that not all humans of this age are scared and worthless,” Mhagmea mused to herself. “Some of them are still good sport.”

“Then it would mean more to me when I quash the life from their bodies.” Eortsuh threw a shard of stone from one hand and got up from the steps leading up to the throne. “A legendary battle. One on even terms, unlike the humans who sealed us away.”

“Yes, my love. A battle should be enjoyed.” Mhagmea smiled and brushed his muscled arm with two fingers.

“Yes. I will be sure to give it my all. No holding back.” Eortsuh tilted his gaze and watched a hand as he balled it into a fist. Bangles around his wrist jingled as he moved, strings swaying from side to side as they led up to piercings along his arms. “A good death before their world’s end.”

“Before we remake everything anew.” Mhagmea continued stroking Eortsuh’s muscles. “Yes, Eortsuh. Then all will be well once again. Behold, humans! Foulest of all creatures! Your extinction comes!”

Author's Note:

Justice for Gipsy! :flutterrage:

PreviousChapters Next