• Published 24th Dec 2021
  • 758 Views, 262 Comments

SuShi's Bizarre Adventure: Nugget Run Horizon - Jojoleopard



Summer Shine, the daughter of Sunset Shimmer, finds herself pulled into an international plot that could mean the end of civilization as we know it.

  • ...
5
 262
 758

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Alien Queen

Summer Shine sent out Pegasus Forever ahead of her, checking the first cabin, which was now on her right. The door here was open as well and there were only two dead people inside. They had been the two prospector-looking guys Prism had seen earlier and one even had a hole between his eyes.

“Where are you…?” Summer walked to the next room, where she found a dead woman lying on her side facing the window, but no sign of the Stand, though she could still hear it.

Claws continued to tap against the train as she made her way to the next room. If she didn’t know any better, she’d guess that it was…

“Above.” Summer looked up to the ceiling. “Pegasus Forever!”

Her Stand materialized and punched right through the train’s roof and when it brought its arm back down, it yanked the enemy Stand right through the ceiling, tossing it into the cabin she was standing next to. Wind whistled in from the hole in the roof now as Summer placed her Stand at the doorway. The cabin was now like a deathtrap and there was no way out for the enemy Stand.

It spun on its back like it was doing a breakdance, then crouched low on both legs before spraying spit as it roared at them. Pegasus Forever charged forward and swung a punch at it, but the enemy’s tail snaked around it and grabbed its arm, holding it tight. Turning, the Stand tossed Pegasus Forever against the right wall, then the left, smashing it through the wood and into the next cabin, where Pegasus crashed against a man reading a newspaper, knocking him off his seat.

“What the…?!” He lifted his cracked glasses further up his nose and flailed his arms around. Then he saw the Stand through the new hole in the wall and shrieked as it pounced on him.

The beast began tearing into his chest and pulling out his innards with its mouth. Pegasus Forever grabbed it by the neck and spun it backwards in a suplex, smashing its face through the opposite seat. It then began pounding it rapidly with one fist, smashing apart its protective head plate.

Before it could deliver even another blow, however, the enemy Stand slipped through Pegasus’ grip and slashed the back of its knees. Summer fell to her own knees and groaned in pain as blood began to coat her pants. The enemy Stand climbed up the ceiling on its legs and tore a hole into the next cabin before disappearing from view.

“It can sure take a beating, this Stand…” Summer fought against the pain and pushed to her feet.

She had to find a different approach to finishing this enemy off.

“Sushi!” Prism Dash ran in from behind her and held her under one arm to help her better stand. “Are you okay? You’re bleeding.”

“I don’t have time to bleed. This enemy Stand has been killing people on the train and eating them.” Summer motioned her head to the cabin with the most recent victim. “It’s feeding for a reason, and I don’t think I like what it means for us.”

“I’ll help you find it.” Prism hauled Summer out of the cabin and back into the corridor. “There’s only one way it can go in this direction. The train only goes in two directions, away from the front or the front.”

“Well, yeah.” Summer looked at her to make sure she was alright. “But you should go back, Prism. You don’t have a Stand. It’s dangerous.”

“Hey, we’ve gone through worse,” she said.

“No. We haven’t.”

“I think we have.”

“I can assure you, we haven’t.”

The next few train cars were bloody messes as well, with the enemy Stand already having eaten its fill from the people in them. It seemed to only go for internal organs, seeing as all the bodies were just torn through the chest cavity, their insides now hollow with the exception of some bits hanging out; it was a very messy eater.

They had gone through the entire car and they still didn’t have sight on the creature, nor its Stand user.

“It must be a long range Stand. My mom told me about these,” Prism said. “It’s where a Stand can act independently from its master, but that also means it has its own directive. Any harm done to the Stand does not affect the master as well.”

“That means we’ll have to take out the master too.” Summer nodded. “Great. That’s gonna be a problem. We don’t even know where to look. Do you think they’re even on the train?”

Prism shrugged. “I don’t know. But I think we should deal with the Stand first. It’s leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. If it keeps heading in this direction…” Prism pointed a finger down the hall.

“The driver’s car. It’s this way.” Summer understood. “If it takes out the driver, we’ll be sitting ducks out here in the middle of… nowhere.” She looked at the passing fields.

Prism ducked into one of the rooms and yanked out a piece of wood from one of the shattered walls. “You know, just in case.”

“You can’t harm a Stand unless you have a Stand of your own, remember?”

“Doesn’t hurt to have a weapon, just in case. Hey, I could club the Stand master over the head if we find them.” Prism swung the piece of wood in her hands like a bat.

“Right.” Summer pushed the door open into the next car.

This one was the bar car and there wasn’t anyone around, not even the bartender. Glasses swung gently from a high rack because of the train’s rocking, and opened bottles were left on the counter. Whatever happened here, people were in a hurry to leave, because there was not a body in sight, not even a hint of blood.

Summer squinted one eye in thought. “They must’ve definitely seen the Stand arrive and run, but why didn’t it kill them like it did with everyone in the previous car?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it had its fill?” Prism gave her belly a pat. “I know when I’m done, I’m done. I’m no glutton.”

“And Stands don’t have any natural hunger to fill…” Summer rubbed her chin. “Prism, you don’t think… Let’s look ahead.”

The two girls proceeded through the bar car and slid the door to the next car open. Just then, someone crashed into Summer and sent her down on her butt.

“It’s gonna kill us! It’s gonna do it!” A woman shrieked and ran through the bar behind them.

More frantic people followed behind her, screaming and mumbling about getting away.

“I guess we’ve found our missing people.” Prism looked between them and the next car. “But why would they be coming back this way?”

“The Stand must’ve chased them into the next car when it first entered the bar,” Summer deduced. “And the only reason they would turn around and come back this way was if it blocked the other direction, but why isn’t it chasing them back here, then?”

The two of them entered the next car, getting their answer at the very end, just before the next car. The Stand stood in place, writhing its body back and up, forcing through what was now a charred shell of its former body. The Stand now had longer arms with thumbs, reaching much longer than its legs. The plate on its head had become bigger and more pronounced, looking more like a crown and its maw was at least double the size, sporting more teeth than before.

All in all, it now stood at least two feet taller and its length had doubled.

“It was eating to gain biomass,” Prism surmised. “The more it eats, the bigger it gets.”

“We have to stop it before it gets too large,” Summer said.

The enemy Stand stepped away from its old shell and wiggled its tail out. It spiralled around its back, then poised itself high like a scorpion’s stinger, ready to strike.

And that it did, striking forward through the train car with unbelievable speed and reach. Pegasus Forever lunged for the tail, wrapping an arm around it just before it could spike Prism in the face, then with a yell and a punch, it froze the tail in place, changing its energy state. The enemy wasn’t having any of it and instead, it yanked back and the tail tore right off its spine and stayed there, floating in the air as another one already began to form out from its wound.

“It can regenerate.” Summer swung an arm down, then reached another one above her head and stuck two fingers out. “But we need to stop it before it can eat more. If it grows too big, we might not be able to stop it then. Now, we still have a chance.”

“Yeah!” Prism wobbled her plank in the air. “I’ll get its attention. You get ready to hit it where it hurts. Hey, look at me, you beast!”

Prism ran forward a few steps and brandished her plank high as she bent forward till her right knee almost touched the ground.

The enemy Stand swung both arms in the air one after another then charged forward, using the huge crown on its head to smash apart the seats. Prism ducked behind a row of seats just as it extended a mouth from within its mouth, almost catching her through the forehead as its second jaw slammed shut in front of her eyes. She threw herself to the ground and swiped at the Stand’s legs with her plank, which didn’t even make it flinch.

“Pegasus Forever!” Summer saw her chance and sent her Stand ahead.

Summer’s Stand kicked off the ground, splintering it as it threw itself over the Stand. It wrapped its muscled arms around the enemy’s neck and pulled hard, keeping both hooves rooted on the floor as it squeezed as hard as it could. The enemy Stand tried to shake itself out of the hold, reaching its claws behind to try and gouge out Summer’s Stand’s eyes, but Pegasus Forever kept its head low and only squeezed harder.

The enemy Stand’s movements seemed to slow, but then there was a stabbing pain in Summer’s side and she looked down, finding blood spurting out from a hole near her pelvis. Returning her gaze to her Stand, she could see that the enemy’s tail had fully reformed and it was now piercing through Pegasus Forever’s tough armor. Her Stand’s grip loosened and the enemy launched its back into it, knocking it in the face and smashing it against the windows on the side.

Summer coughed up blood and fell back on a row of seats, clutching at her wound. The enemy Stand hissed and stalked over, standing above her as it slowly opened its slimy maw, revealing the second jaw within. As it shot out, she recalled Pegasus Forever and it grabbed the mouth along its shaft, keeping it just out of reach of Summer’s face as its jaws began to snap open and close, trying to get at least a nibble out of her. But the wound on her side needed medical attention and she didn’t have the strength to keep the maw from her face forever.

Just then, a piece of wood thudded against the Stand’s head and it turned to look at Prism, who was now standing behind it, picking up more pieces of broken wood.

“Hey, pick on someone a little smaller than you!” She threw the next piece of wood at it.

The enemy let go of Pegasus Forever and snarled at her before it lumbered its way towards her, smashing apart more seats and even throwing one at her. Prism dived backwards and pushed open the door to the conductor’s car. She had to get it as far away as she could from Summer while she mustered her strength, and she had to make sure to keep its attention on her.

“Did your mom ever tell you that you shouldn’t stuff your face?” Prism called out as she waited for it to get closer. “If you keep at it, you’re gonna be so fat that your weight’s gonna be your phone number!”

She had to protect Summer. She was her best friend, and she and all the others had done so much on the journey and all she could do was watch from the side. Not this time. This time, she was going to be the one doing the protecting. All she had to do was figure out how.

What I wouldn’t give for a Stand… she groaned.

The Stand got close enough to shoot out its second jaw, but Prism twisted herself to the side and slammed the door shut, smashing it against the jaw’s shaft, but again, it was a Stand and it was barely affected by it. It swung an arm against the door, knocking it off its hinges and sending it and Prism flying back into the car. The conductor turned from his controls and squealed when he saw the beastly Stand approaching, smashing its head through the doorway to get in.

“Yeah, that’s right. Come on.” Prism raised her fists and started hopping around. “What’cha gonna do, eat me? You’ve already got all that lard clogging your windpipe. You sure you want some more?”

It swung another arm at Prism, but for some reason, it seemed to be getting slower and slower and Prism was seeing each one before it could even reach her. She weaved under one arm and punched it in the side, then delivered an uppercut to its cheek. The Stand roared in her face, covering it in spit as its second mouth extended, slower, but still fast enough to reach her before she could get out of the way.

Prism tried to duck, but the jaw clipped her on the side of her head and a tooth cut across her skin, drawing blood as she fell to the ground, dazed and woozy.

The Stand dropped to all fours and climbed on top of her, opening its mouth once again for another strike. Before it could hit her, a fist emerged from the side and punched the jaw, stopping it in place. The enemy Stand tried to recall it back, but it was locked in the air. Pegasus Forever then delivered two punches to its face, knocking it up and back, then ripped the jaw from its mouth and punched it again, changing its energy back to kinetic and launched it through the air like a fleshy bullet. The jaw speared into the Stand’s crown and it reared up, roaring to the air as it scratched at its head, trying to dislodge the projectile.

“Thanks, Prism. You got me enough time to recover…” Summer appeared by her side, one hand clutched against her wound.

Pegasus Forever picked up two chairs and froze them in the air before delivering a volley of punches to them. Once it was ready, it delivered two quick punches, unlocking the two chairs and sending them rocketing towards the enemy faster than Prism could see.

They smashed against the Stand’s head and sent it down on its back before Summer pointed a finger up at it menacingly. “Now you’ll wish you were dead.”

The Stand got back up and tried to attack, but its movement seemed even slower than before and Prism watched as Pegasus Forever ducked under them without much effort, then its muscles bulging it as it went for another punch. This one caught the enemy Stand in the chest, its movements too slow to avoid the punch. Its energy became potential energy and it was frozen on the spot, this time unable to tear itself away from its frozen body part.

“It’s the end of the line for you here.” Summer narrowed her eyes at it and turned her body sideways before pointing two fingers up. “Kinetic punches!”

Pegasus Forever tensed itself, then began raining blow after blow on the enemy Stand, building up its potential energy further.

“Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh! Neigh!” her Stand yelled with each punch.

Once it was ready, it skipped to one side, then delivered one more punch to the enemy Stand’s side, transforming its energy back into a kinetic state. The enemy Stand broke apart into pieces as it shot out through the side of the car, smashing apart the entire wall from the speed it was traveling and rocketed out into a row of trees past the railroad tracks, shattering them and demolishing the entire area in the second they could see it before the train whizzed on, the damaged forest disappearing from view in a flash.

“We did it…” Summer collapsed back against the wall and sighed with relief. “This was a bad place to fight. Trains are so narrow…”

“Yeah, I was pretty good, wasn’t I?” Prism put her hands on her hips. “Man, your Stand was pretty awesome, Sushi. It punched that thing so many times that it just blew up into smithereens.”

“Wait, you saw Pegasus Forever?” Summer suddenly realized.

“Oh. Oh. Yeah. I guess I did.” Prism put one arm over her back and the other one flexed. “Wait, I’ve been seeing Stands! I don’t know what that means, but I’m pretty pumped!”

More blood dripped down from the wound at the side of her head and she groaned from the pain.

“Hey, let’s just get back. Gipsy can patch us up. But wow, you did good, Prism. You saved me with just your plank of wood.” Summer chuckled. “You don’t need a Stand to be awesome. You’re already awesome.”

“I know I am.” Prism grinned widely. “But I would be more awesome if I had one.”

Summer rolled her eyes, but the two of them made their way out of the conductor’s car, back towards their cabin, leaving the conductor standing there motionless, still wondering what exactly had just happened to his train.
——-JO-JO——
Ripple Fancy leaned against the bar counter of the rear bar car, swirling a glass of wine in one hand as she waited for more news of her attack to reach her. Earlier, people had run through, screaming about monsters and beasts, and that was exactly what she had wanted to hear.

She smiled as she gazed at her distorted reflection in the liquid before her eyes. By now, Alien Queen would’ve already eaten its fill of the passengers near the front and that would mean it would be well on its way to reaching mammoth proportions and soon, it would even be too big for the train.

“But that’s good…” she chuckled lowly to herself. “That’s good indeed. Grow. Feed. Kill. That’s just the nature of Alien Queen.”

Another manic woman ran into her bar car and looked around wildly. She spotted Ripple Fancy and lunged at her, grabbing the edge of her yellow coat and began crying out in danish. All she did was scoff at her and usher her to run to the rear of the train, which she swiftly did without a second thought.

Ripple watched her go and sneered at her retreating form. She would let her live for now, but it wouldn’t matter for very long. After all, everyone on this train would be dead eventually.

She was just about to get back to her beverage when a fork stabbed through the back of her hand on the table. Her mouth opened in a silent gasp of pain, then she tilted her head slowly as her eyes followed a pink arm holding the fork. Up the pink arm was a girl decked out in dark clothing with a skull on the shirt and she looked absolutely emotionless as she stared into Ripple’s eyes.

“So you’re the Stand master of that thing.” She twisted the fork around. “I heard you. You don’t have to lie. It won’t work on me, anyway.”

“Ah-Ahh!” Ripple groaned and grabbed the girl’s arm to try and dislodge the utensil.

But the girl reached another hand out and pushed her off the seat before ripping the fork from her hand. “The cakes here are disgusting, but as a Stand master working for Weather Alternate, that makes you even more disgusting, you aberration of a human.”

“I don’t know what you mean.” Ripple still tried to play it cool, but then she received another stab, this time in her chest. The girl pulled it out quickly and stabbed the fork into her again. And again. “Aaagh, stop! Stop! Please!”

“It’s only a fork.” She held it up, then jammed it into her skin again. “I heard all the commotion earlier, about a giant monster roaming around the front of the train eating people. It’s safe to say that if I kill you, the Stand will be gone, right?”

“Please, spare me!” Ripple eyed the bloodied fork. She had always hated forks. Even when she had been small, she’d only ever use her spoon, even for pasta. “I’m sorry. I made a mistake. I shouldn’t have sent out my Stand.”

The girl shrugged and poked her in the shoulder with the fork. “I don’t believe you at all, but even if I did, I wouldn’t believe you.”

Then she poked her again in the eye and Ripple screamed in agony as blood burst from it. She reached a hand up to cover it, then scrambled back, trying to get away from the deranged girl. But she had only made it about a foot away when she stomped down on the back of one leg. Ripple screamed again, then felt the fork enter her back again and again and again. It was shallow and it wouldn’t reach any of her vital organs, but it hurt. A lot.

“I have to get away. I can’t stay here!” Ripple mustered a burst of strength and sprinted for the train car door. “You’re a maniac! A looney!”

She reached for the door handle, but then it was as though she was in the grip of some invisible force. She felt hands on her shoulder yank her back and she sprawled across the floor.

“Celldweller won’t let you go too.” The girl spun the fork between her fingers, then threw it at her. It bounced off Ripple’s forehead as she picked her up by the sleeves. “You know what, I’ll let you go.”

“Really? You will?” Ripple feinted as much gratitude as she could. “I promise, I’ll never attack anyone again. I’ll get as far away from Weather Alternate as I can and you’ll never see me again!”

Then she turned her head to the side and smirked. That fool. Once she lets me go and I get a good head start, I’ll come back and attack them again with Alien Queen. She was a fool to decide to let me go.

“I know I’ll never see you again.” The girl opened the door to the train car.

“Wait, what are you doing?” Ripple watched the passing scenery outside, a blur before her eyes with how fast the train was moving. “The fall will kill me!”

“I’m counting on it.” And the girl threw her out the door with strength Ripple didn’t know she had.

Ripple Fancy could only scream for a second before she was smashed against a pole, breaking every bone in her body and flattening her skull. She dropped to the grass in a heap and her eyes rolled back into her head.

Author's Note:

So in my years of questing, I actually found out there was a band called Alien Queen, so here we are now, with a Stand named after the band, named after the famed xenomorph of cinematic history.
Thanks to Cinders of War for bringing the image to life. Golden Reflection, I hope this is a good image of it. :scootangel:

PreviousChapters Next