• Published 24th Dec 2021
  • 754 Views, 262 Comments

SuShi's Bizarre Adventure: Nugget Run Horizon - Jojoleopard



Summer Shine, the daughter of Sunset Shimmer, finds herself pulled into an international plot that could mean the end of civilization as we know it.

  • ...
5
 262
 754

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Rammstein's Heartburn

Bushido Spirit inspected the crowds of people around him. Most of their attention was on Sushi and the group now, but some had returned their attention to polishing their gear or heating up their meals over their campfires.

None of them here had round glasses, nor did they seem malicious. Years of taking down evil Stand users and the Yakuza had given Bushido an eye for evil, especially when he had to pick out targets in a crowd.

And so he kept moving, looking around at all the tents and makeshift buildings, looking for the one who had taken Summer’s heartbeat.

“So many people…” Bushido growled, looking around. “Kuso, how am I supposed to find and defeat the culprit in less than ten minutes?”

There were so many places a Stand user could hide in this mass of people and tents. Not to mention Bushido had no idea of the extent of the enemy Stand’s power. It was entirely possible that it had more tricks up its sleeve and was lining up to kill him even now. He was at a heavy disadvantage in terms of knowledge, time, and tactics.

“Come on, Bushido,” the Japanese youth said to himself. “Think! How can I rat out an enemy Stand user quickly?” He supposed he could just start attacking at random, but he had sworn to stay his blade from the innocent. He couldn’t just cut people down without a righteous cause. Not that it would do him much good anyway. The odds of chopping the correct target were pitifully small, doubly so if the enemy knew he was searching for him.

The precious seconds ticked by as Bushido ran through the camp. The one thing he was sure of was that the culprit would be in hiding, and what better place to hide than in a crowd? He sought out the largest group of people, barging through them and flicking his eyes all around to search for any sign of an enemy Stand.

It was still no good. Three minutes had elapsed now.

Bushido felt his frustration well up inside of himself and he punched a nearby tent pole in anger. Nearby a couple of prospectors heard the noise and leaned over to see what had happened.

Then he got an idea. Something that might help him sort the Stand user from the rest of the people.

“Boney M!” He shouted, summoning his Stand. He made his Stand begin to punch and kick at the people around, but always stopped short of touching them so that they wouldn’t be harmed. The Stand swung its shield to and fro, making many moves which would have seriously injured someone if they had been hit. Fortunately, after years of training, Bushido had honed his Stand control to a razor’s edge.

After another few swings, he saw someone on the right duck as Boney M’s shield whiffed harmlessly over his head. Bushido looked over and their eyes met. He had round glasses on top of a potato-shaped nose. Then the man turned and began to run away.

“Now I have you!” Bushido said to himself. Four minutes had passed.

He placed one hand on the grip of his blade and ran after him in pursuit.

The man shoved his way through people to get them to block Bushido’s path, but able to maneuver the tight streets of Japan, Bushido easily avoided them.

This was when Bushido encountered his first real sign of resistance. The man was fleeing, yes, but not aimlessly. A pair of soldiers dressed in an odd uniform stood by a cliff, where there was parked a strange device. It looked like a podium with a sort of metal barrel built around it, like a cylinder. There was a large set of rotors on the underside that made it look like a boat engine. But Bushido had a hunch it was anything but.

“Stop that man!” The glasses-wearing fellow told the soldiers. Both of them stepped forward and raised their rifles at Bushido, who summoned his Stand to block the bullets.

“I don’t have time for this!” Bushido roared as Boney M hurled its huge shield in an arc, knocking one of the soldiers off the cliff and the other one into the mountainside.

“You’re too late, boy!” Bushido’s quarry declared as he jumped onto the odd device. The propellers began to spin and the Bushido could see the man’s Stand appear next to him, holding up what looked like a human heart. It was dark and skinny, and its fingers were long and gnarly, like that of tree roots. “Know that I, Heavy Hammer, was the one who rid Weather Alternate of its greatest foe!”

“You tea-leaf sucking toad!” Bushido ordered Boney M to throw its shield again, but then the platform that Heavy Hammer was on took off into the air and the shield missed.

The enemy Stand user flew up and out of throwing range. If Bushido didn’t act fast, he would escape, and with it, Summer’s chances of survival.

“I cannot let that happen!” Bushido said, snatching up the rifle that the soldier had dropped. He had never fired a gun before, but as Boney M’s aura surrounded the weapon, he knew that he had to make the shot. Remembering the stance from the movies he had seen, Bushido fitted the stock to his shoulder, looked down the sights, and fired.

The gunshot was louder than he expected, and the kick of the gun almost knocked it from his grasp, but the bullet flew true, up into the enemy Stand… and passed through it harmlessly.

“Oh, come on,” Bushido looked at the gun. “It seems as though Boney M’s power to make weapons able to hurt Stands only extends to weapons that were in contact with Stand power. The moment the bullet left the gun, it was no longer in contact with a source of energy and it lost the property to damage Stands.”

He had no alternative. Again, his sword was the only weapon he could rely on. But the enemy was high above him now and Boney M had never gotten him that high before, but he had to try before Heavy Hammer got too far beyond his reach.

“Time for your magic, Boney M.” Bushido ran back a few steps as his Stand readied its shield in front of itself.

He sprinted forward as hard as he could, and just before reaching his Stand, he leapt high and Boney M ducked low, planting the shield under his right foot.

Rising up, Boney M pushed with all its might and Bushido was propelled high into the air, higher than he’d ever been before. He actually felt like the king of the skies all the way up here, but there was no time to enjoy the wind in his face.

Reaching up, he grabbed onto the underside rungs of Heavy Hammer’s craft. He had actually done it, he had thrown himself at least sixty feet up.

His added weight caused the flying craft to jostle and tilt backwards, but Bushido easily swung his legs up to it, then flipped himself up topside, where Heavy Hammer’s head was turned to him in disbelief.

“Impossible! You couldn’t have gotten up here!” he yelled.

“Think again, you villain!” Bushido shouted before slamming his fist into Heavy Hammer’s nose.

The man’s spectacles shattered into two and he fell back against the wheel of his vehicle, spinning it to one side and causing the craft to spin back towards the camp.

“I’ll show you…! Rammstein!” Heavy Hammer flicked a hand out. “I’ll have your heart too!”

His Stand reappeared in front of Bushido and it reached out its other hand of serpentine fingers to his chest.

Boney M lifted its shield and deflected the appendage, but then the Stand growled and lunged its face forward, opening its mouth to reveal a set of jagged teeth. It snapped at his Stand, but Boney M backed up a step, then smacked it in the face with its shield.

But then Rammstein dodged a second shield strike and slid under the shield, almost like it had no bones, then raised one hand and placed it against Boney M’s chest, this time, connecting its fingers to Bushido’s Stand’s armor.

A pulse of red energy swirled around Rammstein’s fingers, then it recoiled, gliding back beside its master and raising its left hand, now holding a heart in it as well.

Bushido’s eyes went wide and he placed a hand against his chest. The Stand had taken his heart too and he could no longer hear his heartbeat.

“You fool! It was foolish of you to come after me! I, Heavy Hammer, am a member of Master Dolfy’s inner circle!” He pulled what was left of his glasses off his face and tossed it off his aircraft. “Rammstein might not look like much, nor is it as apt in combat or defense as your Stand, but it’s fast and agile, and once it touches your chest, it can steal your heart, and once I have your heart, what do you think you can possibly do against me? You have about a minute before your body goes into shock from the lack of blood pumping through your veins and then another ten before you become brain dead. But…”

Heavy Hammer reached into his pocket and brought out a lighter, holding it under his palm.

“What do you plan on doing?” Bushido eyed him wearily, keeping one hand above his sword’s grip, resting his palm gently along its wrapped surface.

“Whatever happens to me also happens to my Stand. And vice versa.” Heavy brought his palm closer to the fire.

There was a warm sensation coming from Bushido’s chest now and once Heavy’s hand completely rested against the fire, it was as though his own body was burning up from the inside. Bushido clutched at his chest and dropped to a knee as his heart in Rammstein’s hand glowed red, before an aura of fire swirled around it, turning the edges black.

“I will burn your heart to a crisp, and you will die here, knowing that you never had a chance to save the Sushi girl!” Heavy Hammer bent his head back in laughter. “Master Dolfy will be so pleased! Once I get back, I’ll celebrate by giving a double portion of food to my fish! If you try to attack me, what do you think I’ll make Rammstein do to your heart?”

Bushido looked through squinted eyes at his burning heart in the enemy Stand’s hand. He didn’t have long before his body gave out and he had even less before his heart would be burned to nothing. He had to think of a plan and he had to do it fast.

He had to make a move that Heavy Hammer would not see or anything where he could have time to further destroy his heart. Already, he could feel the veins in his body tightening and it was getting harder to stay standing, but he had to push through. For Summer.

Materializing the smaller portion of Boney M’s shield, Bushido threw it forward, letting it spin towards Heavy Hammer and his Stand as he lowered his hand back to his sword’s grip. The Weather Alternate member had already flicked the lighter away as he clenched his fist. Rammstein did the same, squeezing down on Bushido’s heart.

He could feel the pain bursting in his chest, but he was already on the move. putting his hand on his weapon, Bushido’s Stand powered the blade up and in one swift motion, Bushido cut out as fast as he could, hitting the shield as it flew. The blow connected and launched the shield faster than the eye could see.

Heavy Hammer didn’t even have time to react as it sliced right through his Stand’s left arm, the arm holding Bushido’s heart. Its arm fell away as a gush of blood erupted from both Stand and master alike. Heavy Hammer’s arm landed beside his feet and he clutched the stump in pain and horror as he let out a bloodcurdling scream to the air.

Bushido gasped and held a hand to his chest as his heartbeat returned and the tugging faded away. Now that he was free once more, there was nothing holding him back from pressing the attack.

“Boney M!” He pointed to the wounded enemy.

Boney M roared and dashed forward, swinging its shield back and forth as it smashed it over and over again into Rammstein’s gnarly face.

The enemy Stand lifted the arm with Summer’s heart to protect itself as Boney M pressed its offensive, hoping that it would hit it and hurt Summer, but Bushido was smarter than that. Boney M’s larger portion of the shield fell away and it used the round, smaller attachment to weave under and over Rammstein’s arm, before reaching out and grabbing it before giving its face a good pounding, preventing it from escaping.

With one big blow to its lower jaw, Boney M let go and Rammstein recoiled, with Heavy Hammer doing the same, staggering back and landing on one of the control sticks for the flying platform.

“What are you doing!?” Heavy shouted above the wind as best as he could with a broken jaw. “Are you trying to kill us both?” The heart appeared in Rammstein’s hand again, beating faintly. Summer didn’t have a lot of time left, and neither did he. “If you kill us, the girl dies as well!”

“No, no, no,” Bushido said, putting his hand onto the hilt of his blade, preparing for an iaijutsu strike. “You will die!”

He sliced upwards and slashed right through Rammstein’s arm, causing it to drop onto the floor of the vehicle. Almost instantly after, Boney M crashed its shield into the flying platform’s control panel, ruining it beyond repair.

Sayonara,” Bushido said as the flying machine plummeted toward the ground. Grabbing the lopped off hand of Rammstein, Bushido leapt off and landed with a roll on the cliffside. Heavy Hammer was too paralyzed by the pain of having his second arm chopped off that he didn’t realize what had happened until it was too late.

Bushido stood up just as the flying craft smashed into the mountainside below in a huge orange fireball. He did not look back.

Rammstein’s arm and Summer’s heart faded from his hand, and he guessed that it would’ve gone back to her by now. She was safe. She was okay.

“I would never let anything happen to you, Sushi.” Bushido flicked his katana to the side to remove excess blood, then he swung it up and in an arc before returning it to its sheath.

Boney M appeared behind him, raising its shield high as Bushido spun himself to one side, placing one hand to his chin, resting it on his other arm as he crossed it over his chest, before lifting one leg to stand on its toes.

“And another round of justice delivered to the evil of this world.”

Author's Note:

Justice be served. Again.

PreviousChapters Next