• Published 24th Dec 2021
  • 747 Views, 262 Comments

SuShi's Bizarre Adventure: Nugget Run Horizon - Jojoleopard



Summer Shine, the daughter of Sunset Shimmer, finds herself pulled into an international plot that could mean the end of civilization as we know it.

  • ...
5
 262
 747

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: A Sky Full of Stars

“Come on! Get some!” Prism swung a fist at Gloriosa, but the woman just smiled and stepped back, moving her head back just enough that Prism’s fist passed just mere centimeters from her jaw. “Just stand still!”

“I’ll show you my Stand.” Gloriosa waved a hand and her pink and red Stand moved into action, pushing Prism back as she moved in for another strike, knocking her to the ground.

Prism bounced off the road, one hand clutching on to the tin foil hat to prevent it from flying off. If she lost that now, it was all over.

Gloriosa cackled as her Stand weaved through the air towards Prism like a poltergeist, reaching out its hands to strangle her. Prism swung a fist at the Stand, but it was as effective as throwing a marshmallow at a campfire. It was terribly ineffective.

“Foolish girl! You know that only a Stand can hurt a Stand!” She raised both hands to the air and roared to the air. “Quiet Riot, my Stand, is capable of sending out a signal that blocks your brain waves from transmitting, effectively making your brain useless. Aluminum might be able to resist its ability, but Quiet Riot still has hands and I’ll use those hands to wring your head from your body!”

Gloriosa’s Stand closed its fingers, but Prism moved out of the way in time, saving her neck by a fraction of a second. However, she wasn’t out of the woods yet as Quiet Riot’s arm bent down and grabbed her arm before she could push the distance between them. It squeezed hard and Prism winced, but didn’t have enough time to try and escape before the Stand threw her into another car on the road, denting the driver’s door before knocking it off its hinges.

Prism slumped to the ground and groaned. Fighting Stands was tough and if it was anything to go on like the fight with Alien Queen, there was nothing she could do against an enemy Stand. She looked at Jojo, still unconscious on the road close to Gloriosa. Her friends needed her and Summer had entrusted her to protect Jojo and by extension, the others. She couldn’t fail now, especially since her friends had worked so hard to get them where they were now, all the way from Canterlot.

So far, she’d done almost nothing but be a burden for the rest of them, since she was the only one without a Stand. She had tried her best to help out, but really, besides distractions, there was no real way for her to win. But this time, she couldn’t hide behind anyone else. She was the last line of defense here.

“Poor Prism Dash. All alone now.” Gloriosa feinted a sad face. “It is a shame you never joined us at Camp Everfree before. I would’ve put you through the toughest of tests for what you did to my brother. And you even killed a dog all those years ago! I know it’s not you, but your parents’ generation, but the sins of the father run deep. Dogs are such precious creatures, how dare you kill a harmless little purple dog! How would you like it if I killed you?”

“Isn’t that what you’re here for…?” Prism planted a palm on the ground to push herself up.

“Why, yes. Yes it is.” Gloriosa rubbed her hands together and her Stand did the same. It had a slim frame and what looked like pipes coming out of its arms and head. “My brother will rest easy knowing you’ve died, and so will Master Dolfy. You’ve come further than any of them would like and you’ve been a thorn in Weather Alternate’s side, but no more. Because it is I, Gloriosa Daisy and Quiet Riot, who will end your adventure here. Now.”

“No, everyone’s put in too much effort… to stop now!” Prism pushed against a pain in her side and rose to her feet. “One way or another, this ends now.”

“What can you do? All I need to do is finish you and Sushi,” Gloriosa declared. “Then nobody will be able to stop us from awakening the Nugget People!” She reached into her poncho and drew out a handgun. “I’ll make it quick. After all, you’re not even a Stand user! I got this! For my brother!”

Prism raised her head up, seeing Gloriosa pointing the gun at her. There was no way she could get out of the way fast enough, and with her injuries, she wouldn’t get around the car in time. Gloriosa’s finger curled around the trigger, a sinister smile on her face.

“Goodbye, kid. I would say it’s been a pleasure, but it really hasn’t. Finally, revenge is mine and my brother, his girlfriend, her dog, her brother, her sister-in-law, they are all smiling now! Can you say the same? Oh, no, you won’t be able to.”

And she fired.

Prism waited for the bullet, but nothing happened. She chanced a look up at Gloriosa, who looked just as puzzled at the turn of events. She tilted the gun forward and the bullet fell out onto the ground harmlessly.

“What?” Gloriosa said, shaking the gun. “What’s going on?”

That was when Prism noticed something about herself. There was a shimmering layer of light over her body, and two arms reached out from behind her, palms facing Gloriosa as they glowed with power.

“What is this?” Gloriosa exclaimed. “This can’t be! You don’t have a Stand!”

Prism got to her feet and looked back. Behind her there was a humanoid creature with a shock of pink hair and wearing a dark bodysuit. It had a pair of orange goggles over its eyes and two curved pale appendages extending from its back.

“A Stand…” Prism whispered. Then she stuck one leg behind herself and held both her arms into an ‘S’ shape, while her Stand formed the other two branches perpendicular to Prism’s arms, making a windmill-like pose. “You’re in for it now, Gloriosa.”

“No! Quiet Riot! Kill her!”

Quiet Riot dashed forward, raising a fist to punch Prism, but Prism’s Stand caught the punch and slammed Quiet Riot onto the ground, throwing up a shower of debris. Gloriosa staggered back and a spray of blood came from her mouth.

“How can this be?” Gloriosa choked. “You don’t have a Stand! We did all our research on your group.”

Prism’s Stand was fighting Quiet Riot, pummeling Gloriosa’s Stand with its fists. It smashed Quiet Riot into a car, making the alarms go off.

“Well, your research sucks, cause I didn’t even know I had one.” Then she put both arms in front of her chest, bent down, then stuck them up to the air when she rose. “I have a Stand! I knew it! I knew I had one!”

She pointed her gun at Prism and fired again, or at least attempted to. Each click of the trigger didn’t produce the ear-piercing gunshot, but instead, the bullets fell out again like the first time, clattering harmlessly on the floor.

“How are you doing that?” Gloriosa demanded.

Prism didn’t exactly know, but since the arrival of her Stand, it was as though there was a flood of new information in her head. She suddenly knew things she never did and her Stand’s abilities were one of them.

“You see, my Stand can absorb heat.” Prism clicked her fingers, then stuck her hip out on her right side and raised her left hand in front of her body, palm facing up like she was asking Gloriosa for something. “When you fire a gun, the buildup of heat when the gunpowder ignites sends the bullet flying out, but if you remove that heat, there’s nothing really to send the bullet flying when the gunpowder does its thing. Same goes for your body.”

Prism’s Stand lifted one hand and while it was winter and Gloriosa was feeling a little cold, the temperature suddenly dropped and she could feel her bones shaking inside. She lifted her arms to wrap around her shoulders, but it was as though she was moving in slow motion. Her joints were locking up and they were ice cold, making her less agile.

“My Stand can also take away your body heat and without heat, your body slows down.” Prism grinned and pointed at her. “Your Stand might’ve beaten me in a fight, but it can’t beat my Stand in a fight.”

Gloriosa groaned and slid onto her knees. She reached under her poncho and drew out something green about the size of a tennis ball with a metal ring on the top.

“If I can’t take you down… I’ll at least take satisfaction in killing your friends!” Gloriosa pulled the ring on the grenade and threw it at the truck that Gipsy and Sweetie were still sitting in.

“No!” Prism watched as the grenade flew in an arc and landed in the back of the pickup truck. She sent out her Stand to grab it, but she knew it wouldn’t make it in time.

There was a flash of light as the explosive detonated, but instantly the blast was snuffed out, the grenade rendered harmless.

Prism’s Stand stood there with one hand extended as an orange glow surrounded its outstretched arm. The fiery aura traveled up into the Stand’s body before collecting in its chest. Then a beam of energy shot out and blasted Gloriosa, sending her flying into a tree where her body was impaled on some branches.

She screamed in pain as blood pooled down her mouth and nose. Her arms were burnt from the blast and the bones of her arms had broken from the impact. Just under her chest, two large branches stuck out of her abdomen, staining her poncho and her clothes underneath. She had only stopped when her back had hit the trunk of the tree, leaving at least ten inches of wood sticking out of her.

“You… There’s no way… I’ve had my Stand for years.” Gloriosa clawed at the branches sticking out of her. “There’s no way a lowly scum like you… could’ve beaten nobility…”

“Yeah, well. I really don’t know either,” Prism shrugged. “But this is the end for you, Gloriosa. You and all the rest of your cronies. We’re going to get to Mount Fegel and we’re gonna stop you from awakening the Nugget People!”
“You’ll never…” Tears began to stream down Gloriosa’s face. “Timber, I’m sorry… I couldn’t avenge you, Twilight, even Spike! Vinegar, I’m sorry, you told me to be careful, but… I wasn’t… It’s not fair, it’s not fair!” She coughed out a mouthful of blood. “No matter. You’ve beaten me, but… You’ll never stop Master Dolfy. The Nugget People… will rise and a new age will be ushered… onto this world, one way or an-”

Gloriosa’s Stand flickered beside her, then it vanished. All at once, the people mindlessly wandering around or fighting each other just stopped, like they had all just woken up from a daze. Fuchsia, who had been smiling like a crazed serial killer, stopped in her tracks as the floating particles around her faded, along with the spark that she never once had.

“We’re… we’re okay.” Gipsy ran a hand through her hair. “The car’s totaled.”

“Is everyone alright?” Sweetie Belle asked. “Prism, did you deal with the enemy Stand user?”

“You betcha!” Prism grinned widely as she took off her tin foil hat. “And guess what? I have a Stand!”

Summer and Bushido returned to their vehicle just in time to hear the word ‘Stand’.

“Stand?” Summer looked bewildered. “Prism, you have a Stand?”

“That’s right!” She cheered as her Stand reappeared, clapping behind her. “This is it! And I beat Gloriosa, I can’t believe it!”

“The camp counselor?” Sweetie looked where Prism was gesturing to and saw her hanging from a tree with the branches coming out of her guts. “We got her. It’s a shame. All these years I never knew she was with Weather Alternate. My friends and I have been to Camp Everfree a few times. I never once suspected her to harbor any ill intent.”

“Weather Alternate had been mentioning her.” Summer recalled. “You think now that she’s defeated, they’ll leave us alone?”

“Tough luck…” Fuchsia Blush joined them and sighed. “It’s not going to be easy getting up that mountain, enemy Stands or no. Ugh, I don’t feel right. I feel as though I’ve been happy. Happiness is for jokes.”

“What happened, what did I miss?” Jojo rubbed his head and got off the road.

“I’ve got a Stand!” Prism yelled in his face. “I finally have one! I can’t believe it!” She helped him up and began dancing with him on the spot. “I’ve got a Stand, I’ve got a Stand! Oh, my sky’s full of stars today.”

“I’m so glad for you, Prism.” Jojo smiled awkwardly.

“Me too!” Summer gave Prism a pat and squeeze on the shoulder. “You’ve got to tell me all about it. For one, what’s it called?”

Prism rubbed her chin. Her Stand hadn’t come with a name in her mind, so it was her job to think of one now. She thought about its abilities, to suck up heat and turn it against her enemies. It could very well make something frosty because of the lack of heat.

“I’ve got it!” She snapped her fingers. “This is my Stand. Coldplay!”

She reached a hand up to the sky and stuffed the other one in her pocket. From behind her, Coldplay floated in the air, stretching both arms to the side as it tilted its head up.

Today was a big day. Prism watched her Stand do a cartwheel in the air and smiled. It was a big day indeed.
--------JO-JO--------
The sky was dark over the range of Mount Fegel. The winds whistled through the air and a familiar wet smell floated through the air, a sign of things to come. It seemed a storm was in the making and even the miners had called it quits for the day, returning back down to their campsites to wait it out before resuming their digging once it was through.

Within the sanctum of Fegel Zwei, a storm was also brewing, but over the head of a particularly angry blonde man. One hand shakily removed the glasses from his face as he stared down at a report before him. Auto Gunship, Airsoft Yodel, and the rest of his inner circle stood before him, their foreheads sweaty and their throats parched.

The report before Dolfy Horner detailed the death of Gloriosa Daisy, one of his best members. On top of that, Cadance, Octavia, and Filthy Rich had also all been eliminated in very short order. Dolfy ground his teeth in anger.

“Is there any good news at all?” he demanded, slamming his fist onto the table. The map on it jumped; he had still been searching for Berlin when the news had come in.

“Progress towards finding the prison of the Nugget People is at an estimated seventy percent, the nuggets are appearing in greater quantity-” Auto supplied before Dolfy threw a pencil at him, which bounced off his forehead.

“Don’t tell me worthless information like that!” Dolfy shouted. “Tell me when it’s done!” He stared at a photo of Summer Shine and her gang that had been taken by spies shortly after Gloriosa’s demise. According to them, they had just made it to Leipzig, the closest city to Mount Fegel. “Sushi…” Dolfy spat. “We never should have let them get this far. I never should’ve let Gloriosa handle this!” He slammed another fist on the table and this time, a bluish hand appeared over his and the table split down the middle, sending papers fluttering into the air. “Will nobody competent step up and wipe out those cretins?”

“You can count on me, mein meister.” A man in a black suit stepped forward and bowed. “I may not be from Germany like you, but I have never failed you.”

Dolfy looked each one of them in the eye, going down from Auto, to Yodel, even to Vinegar Petrol, the husband of Gloriosa.

“Eximus is right, master.” Vinegar stepped forward. His voice was rough and low and Dolfy had always found it hard to understand what he was saying. “Those children have made a grave mistake. They think that their friendship will win the day, but family is stronger. I’ll make them pay for taking my wife away from this world.”

“I have an idea, mein meister,” Auto spoke up. “So far we’ve been sending only one Stand user to fight these kids. Based on reports, their strength is only growing. So why not send more than one after them? They’ll never see it coming. Vinegar and Eximus can take the first attack.”

“We will all stop them, Master Dolfy.” Another man with a flat-top haircut and a scar over one eye stepped up and planted a fist on his chest. “They won’t be allowed to reach the deep halls of Mount Fegel.”

“They had better not,” Dolfy grumbled.

Mein meister, may I suggest we focus our efforts on the digging?” Airsoft Yodel pulled at his coat collar. “As of yet, we’ve only been letting the various people from all over the world do the digging. If we were to go down there and dig, dig within the concentration of nuggets, we might be able to find them faster.”

“If you feel like that, Yodel, nobody’s stopping you from digging yourself,” Dolfy retorted. “I would prefer to focus our efforts on eliminating Sushi. Then we will have all the time in the world to unearth the Nugget People.”

“But what if we do not stop them before we unearth the Nugget People?” Yodel asked rapidly like he only had a few seconds to ask his question. “We should focus on both fronts.”

“We will stop them before they reach us, even if I have to go out and grind them into dust myself,” Dolfy replied. “We are the most powerful group of Stand users in the world. Surely we can stop a gang of misfit children. Eximus and Vinegar, you know what to do.”

“At once, meister.” A glint flashed in Eximus’ eyes. “They will not set one foot on the mountain.”

Author's Note:

And Prism finally has a Stand! Golden Reflection, I'm sorry it isn't at all what you were guessing. I didn't think very deeply for her Stand.

PreviousChapters Next