• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 875 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 875

Easy battle

Spirit tries to take back his polearm but due to the dragon's strength, he can't pull it off. Sunset smirks as she slams the polearm on the ground, then she puts his leg on the polearm and punches his belly, making Spirit cough. Doesn't want the opponent to have time to recover, Sunset quickly punches at his chin then slams at his leg with her leg.

Spirit grunts as he falls down on the ground. The audience is silent to see if the diamond dogs can stand up or not. Sunset just flies away from him as Spirit stands up. Sunset lands on the nearby ground and looks at him. Spirit takes the bow and shoots at the orange dragon. Sunset shakes her head as she dodges the arrows like nothing. Spirit takes the polearm as his hand is shaking.

"What's wrong?" Sunset asks, "Are you afraid?"

"I'm afraid of nothing," Spirit yells at Sunset, "I'll crush you."

His grips on the polearm are tightening as Sunset flies in the sky and looks at Spirit, then she charges at the diamond. Spirit sees the orange dragon is coming as he smiles, then he swings the polearm to hope to hit the dragon. When the polearm nears Sunset, the orange dragon spins in the air to change direction as the diamond dog realizes that he just missed. Sunset kicks the diamond dog's leg, making him go to fall on the ground. The orange dragon then holds his body in the air and slams the diamond dog hard. Spirit is trying to get up but has two fingers around his neck to keep him still on it.

Sunset looks at him, "K.O."

Spirit glares at her and tries to punch the orange dragon but her leg blocks his arm to rise up. The audience is silent as they look at them. Spirit tries to get up but his two arms are blocked by Sunset's arm and tail. After a while, the MC announces, "The winner is the challenger."The audience cheers at the result and throws rose on the arena while some of them just go out.

"You ok?" Sunset lets Spirit go, "If that is all you got, I will be disappointed."

Spirit gets up and points at the orange dragon, "I will get you this time, just wait." Then Spirit just runs out of the arena without talking. Sunset smiles as she is going to receive some money from the bet.


Twilight's friends, except Sunset, go to the dungeon to rescue the white unicorn out. When they just come inside, they hear someone is whining as they already know who it is. The vanguards inside just ignore her as they already put the earplugs on so as not to hear her whining.

Twilight comes to the vanguard, "Excuse me, I come here to take my friend." She points at the white unicorn, "Rarity out of here."

"Sorry, madam," The vanguard takes out of the earplugs and denies, "Except you have our leader's order, I can't release her. That's our rule."

"I see," Twilight takes out the paper, "Here is Flame's order, you can read it."

The vanguard takes the paper and reads it, "... This is truly the order. All right, follow me."

The main five and Spike nod as the vanguard leads them to Rarity's jail. When they come to her, they see Rarity is lying on the floor and still be a drama queen. Spike looks at the vanguard and asks, "Wow, you must be very tough to hear her whining."

"Believe me," The vanguard waves his paw, "This is just like torture training so we must contain it." Then the vanguard opens the cage and talks to Rarity, "White unicorn, you are released."

Rarity hears that and gets up, then she sees her friends, rushes to them, and hugs Twilight. The others see that as they hug back. Rarity releases the hug then whines, "thank you all of you for coming here. You don't know how dusty this place is and how rude to the vanguard."

"That's because you whine too much," The vanguard retorts, "Next time, just don't come there and dig our gem without our permission, or else you will be here once again."

Rarity huffs and she goes out of the jail. The others follow her as a diamond dog guard walks to them. When he sees the main 6 and Spike, he raises his paw, "Excuse me, are you going to go out of here?"

"Yes," Rarity pleases, "I want to go out of this horrible place,"

"And we don't want to see you again," The guard talks back as Rarity turns her head away. The guard coughs, "Anyway, purple unicorn, purple dragon, our leader wants to meet you."

"For what?" Twilight tilts her head, "Did we do something wrong?"

"We don't know." The guard shakes his head, "We just tell you to that. The others follow me. Our leader wants to give you something."

Twilight and Spike look at others as the others nod. The purple duo follows the guard to meet the leader while another guard leads others to a room. When the guard opens the door, they see two carts of the gem, make Rarity shine her eyes and want to hug them.

Applejack feels weird and she asks the guard, "What are those gems for?"

"Those gems are yours," The guard answers as Rarity glees. She rushes at the carts and gets ready to pull them out of the place, the guard continues, "You should thank your orange dragon friend, white unicorn. Not only does she rescues you but also she takes those gems back to you,"

"I will remember ~," Rarity says as she starts to pull the cart, the others help her to pull another one and go out of the mine. Rarity hums happily as she finally can take the gems without trouble but she is worried about her friend, "I don't know if they are fine or not in there."

"Don't worry, Rarity," Rainbow Dash flies near her, "Sunset can take out the diamond dog without problems. I can see awesome moves in there."

"Cool down, RD," Applejack pushes the cyan pegasus, "Ya want her to teach ya some moves, right?"

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash flies around, "I can perform her move in 10 seconds flat."

"If she agrees to teach you." Applejack smirks, "Ah' bet that she will deny."

"Oh, you wanna bet?," Rainbow's face is near Applejack's face, "If she agrees, you have to give me 10 cups of cider."

"And if she denies, ya' have to work for me all day," Applejack lifts her hoofs, "Deal?"

Rainbow Dash shakes her hoof, "Deal,"


Flame is currently sitting on the chair while his son is practicing furiously. When the purple duo just comes inside, they see the diamond dog is practicing as his sweet is over his body. Twilight tilts her head as she feels something is not right to his actions.

"Take a seat," Flame smiles, "I'm very happy here."

"Why?" Spike takes a seat and asks, "Because your son is defeated?"

Flame laughs, "Yes. And he does not even manage to hit your dragon friend. That is shameful for him." Sunset comes inside the room with a large bag, making Flame feels curious as he asks the orange dragon, "What is in the bag?"

"Bits," Sunset grins, "I have bet a thousand bits before the battle. Now, I got triple."

"But... I thought I had banned every competitor from betting before the battle begin." Flame says, "How?"

"Easy," Sunset smiles, "just give for someone I can trust, then make him/her bet for me. That's all"

The purple duo and Flame don't know what to say. They don't know that the orange dragon can do that. Flame sighs, "Wow, thank you so much. I will change the law. You can keep those bits as my fees to you. Curse you, dragon."

"Thank you," Sunset sits next to Spike, "I take that. Anyway, what are you calling me for?"

"Well, just for my respect as the leader of the diamond dog." Flame looks at her son as he is too busy training to hear the conversation. Flame asks the orange dragon, "Why didn't you give him a chance to win?"

"You want me to give him a lesson," Sunset sighs, "If I give him a chance, he will never learn so I crush him like before."

"I see," Flame nods, "I will talk to my son later. Now it is time to leave, and you can come here whenever you want."

The trio stands up as they say goodbye to Flame Dog. Spirit takes a seat to rest as he feels tired after training. He looks at his father, "Father, who is that orange dragon? I can see something inside when battling with her."

"I know, son," Flame pats his head, "And that's for not to underestimate anyone. I have watched you fight with her though."

Spirit sighs, "What a shame! I can even hit her once. I need to train hard to have a rematch. I'm sure that she is not just like that."

Flame smiles, "I see. I will support you, don't worry."

Spirit drinks some water, "I will make her use all she got."


The trio is going back to the library as they lie on the sofa. The knock on the door as Sunset opens the door, they see Applejack is in front of the library.

"Okay, why are you here?" Sunset tilts her head, "You must be in the farm to work right now,"

"Oh," Applejack points at the sky and its night already, making Sunset blush. Applejack says, "Ah want to talk with Twilight and Spike."

"I see. Just come in," Sunset walks to the kitchen, "I will make dinner. You want to join us?"

"I'm good." Applejack walks inside the library and sits on the sofa. Sunset is making dinner in the kitchen as she can hear what they are talking about.


Applejack looks at the orange dragon coming inside the kitchen as she sighs. She looks at the purple duo and sips the tea, which makes her feels so good.

"Oh," Applejack comments, "This tea is so good. Ya' made it?"

"No," Twilight points at the purple dragon, "Spike makes it."

"Ah' see." Applejack puts the tea down, "Look. I want you and Spike to come to Appleloosa to help me."

"Whoa," Spike tilts her head, "Can you tell me what happens."

Applejack nods as they start talking about her family problem in Appleloosa. Her family and the buffaloes are living with each other happily. Suddenly, the buffaloes want to declare war with Appleloosa and her family doesn't want Princess Celestia to know about this. They want to solve this problem by themself. Twilight and Spike understand that as they want to make peace with the buffaloes.

"That's all," Applejack sips the tea, "So ah' ask all my friends to solve this problem, except our orange dragon because my family in there hate the orange dragon."

"Can I ask why?" Spike asks, "I'm a teenage dragon here."

"Well, they said that an orange dragon ruined their business a few days ago." Applejack rubs her head, "They want to kill them honestly."

"I see," Sunset comes out, making Applejack a surprise," Then I will let this purple duo solve the problem." The orange dragon looks at them, "I don't want to come actually even if I hear it. So, I will let you two solve this problem." Then she looks at Applejack, "Anyway, your family has someone in jail."

"How can ya' know?" Applejack sighs, "Yeah, my family has one pony who is the boss of the slavery case in Las Pegasus. When I visited him, he said that an orange dragon ruined everything that belonged to him as he and his family wanted to take revenge."

"What a coincidence!" Sunset huffs, "That's me. You don't know how many ponies have to work without resting there." That sentences make Applejack gulp as Sunset adds, "I have seen some corpses in there. When I checked them, they were starving to death." This sentence makes everyone in the library silent. After a while, she asks the orange pony, "You think you will let someone like that keep his business?"

"Ah... Ah don't know," Applejack stands up, "See you tomorrow! I will wait at the train station."

The purple looks at the orange dragon as she looks back to them, then they walk to the kitchen to have dinner together. The day is just a crazy day.