• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 875 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 875

Reveal

Celestia and Luna lead Sunset to the room that has the guards standing there. Sunset notices that this room has soundproof material, meaning Celestia has discovered something. When the door opens, the orange dragon sees a round table set in the middle of the room.

"Please take a seat," Celestia says and they sit down on the chair. Sunset sees the white alicorn is looking at her. Celestia starts to discuss, "Tell me everything about the cases yesterday."

"What case? " Sunset confuses, "I don't know what you are talking about?"

"Forgive me for my sister, she means the criminal organization that you have destroyed." Luna explains, "I mean how did you discover that place? They have been hiding from us for about two years."

"I just walked into it. Nothing else." Sunset simply answers, making the sisters don't know what to say. Sunset looks at them and asks, "Did the guards bring the corpses to their family? I have seen many ponies die in there when they tried to break out of that prison. Some of them even get shot without mercy."

"The guards are doing that, some of them don't have any family so we just send those dead ponies into a graveyard nearby and try to know their name to imprint on it." Celestia answers. "You should have a knight emblem because of this."

"No need." The dragon drinks the water while the princesses nod. The orange dragon glances at them, "If you summon me just for this little stuff, then I would be disappointed."

"Of course not," Luna takes the cup of water by her glowing horn then asks, "We would ask you how you cast magic? This can be good for us if you share your magic knowledge."

"Why should I share my magic?" Sunset asks back, making Luna feel a little hot inside. The dragon continues, "I just share this one when I feel that they can't do anything wrong with it."

"I see." Celestia sighs, "But one thing I want to talk to you."

Sunset sighs, "Go ahead."

"There is a suspicious mine in Appleloosa, I just ask you to come there to investigate." Celestia put her front hooves under her chin, "I hope you can help me."

"There is no mine in Appleloosa," Sunset retorts, "Twilight told me that."

"But our reports said that there is a mine in there," Celestia continues to lie, "It just appeared three days ago."

"Well, why haven't I not heard about that from Coral?" Sunset tilts her head, "Three days is enough for the guard to finish investigating. Are you lying or something?"

"Why did my sister lie about that?" Luna retorts, "You should trust my sister."

"Unless..." Sunset looks at the sun princess, "You want to know my name right? I told you that my name is Sunny."

"You know, Sunset." Celestia glares at the orange dragon, making her take back, "You won't hide from me any longer, my past student. Your attitude may be different, but your appearance is very familiar to me."

"Then show the proof that I am that unicorn with a circle cutie mark." Sunset points at the sun princess angrily but she quickly covers her mouth.

Celestia grins at that, "Ah, did I say that she has that cutie mark?" Then she points at the nervous dragon, "Sorry Sunset, you are down. This game I won."

Sunset and Luna are silent for a while. Sunset's face is on the palm, "Looks like someone discovers something right?"

"Indeed," Celestia starts to say sadly, "Don't worry my student, your case is clean and you have been whitewashed."

"But the damage is still there," Sunset points at herself, "Right?"

"You're right." Celestia looks at the orange dragon and sighs, "I can't say 'sorry' to you because that's not enough for me. May you tell your story if I ask."

Sunset sighs, "Sure." The dragon stands up, "I should spend a night in here to tell you what happens?"

"Please do." Celestia turns to the guard, "Please tell Coral Blade that she doesn't have to investigate this dragon. She confirms the name." The guard bows to his princess and flies to Ponyville.


Twilight is trying to form an animal but she can't do it. The ring on her horn makes her hard to concentrate on the mana because she used her horn a lot before. Spike is forming a fire eagle and flies around Twilight, making the purple unicorn glare at her assistant. Spike looks away and whistles.

Twilight says, "Not funny Spike, we are not here to see who is better in magic like Applejack and Rainbow Dash."

"Come on Twilight," Spike takes out a book from bookshelves, "You can just imagine the thing you like most." Then he turns to Twilight and teases, "Like a book?"

"Haha, Not funny, Spike." Twilight grunts, "You see how Sunny laughs when I give her the ice book."

"Then you have to go outside more," Spike points at the unicorn, "Because you don't know what it looks like, you are only surrounded by books."

"Maybe you are right?" Twilight opens the door and turns to the dragon, "And you stay there." Then she closes the door.

"Wow," Spike rubs his head, "Boomer. I get used to it," Then he sits on the sofa and reads the book.


Twilight is walking on the street and heading to the cottage because only Fluttershy's house has a lot of animals there. When she comes inside the cottage, she sees Fluttershy is watching the butterfly migrate while Rainbow Dash just lies there and yawns.

Twilight walks to them and asks, "What are you doing here?"

Fluttershy turns to Twilight, "Oh... I am watching the butterfly. They are migrating to the south."

Twilight looks at the boring Rainbow Dash as she is going to ask her but the cyan pegasus raises her hoof to stop the purple unicorn, "Yeah, I know what are you going to ask. I came here because I lost her in the staring contest." then she sighs, "I never know that she can stare in one hour without blinking. Anyway, what are you doing here."

"Well," Twilight circles her hoof, "I just want to find an animal which I can form for myself. Like Spike can form an eagle himself."

"What?" Rainbow Dash yells, "I thought you were a magic expert."

"I don't know." Twilight sighs, "When I come to Sunny's lesson. I found a different lesson from what I am expecting. Like casting a spell without a horn."

"Unbelievable," Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes but sees Twilight forming an ice book with her hoof, Rainbow Dash's mouth hangs there, "But...but how?"

"Well, follow that dragon's lesson," Twilight smiles, "I lost one week, one day, and seven hours to make this."

"Egghead," Rainbow complains as Twilight glares at her, making her feel uneasy, "Eh, it's cool."

Twilight puts her head on the ground, "I don't know what I can shape now."

"Oh," Fluttershy points at the butterflies, "You can shape a butterfly, it will be fun and cute." Fluttershy glees while Rainbow Dash facehoofs.

"Can you show me your animals? Maybe I can shape them instead of a book." Twilight asks, "I don't want to receive a laugh from that orange dragon."

Fluttershy nods and she leads them to the cottage. When they just come inside, Fluttershy pulls out the food and whistles to her animal to come out to eat. Fluttershy turns to Twilight, "There, you can watch them and shape like them. But only feeding time."

"Thanks, Fluttershy," Twilight starts to shape by her ice spell to make sure that Sunset won't laugh at her face, again.


After three hours of talking about her journey, Celestia and Luna feel amazing for what she is going through. Celestia feels happy when her student is coming back to Equestria without hatred. Luna just wants to learn that magic from her. Celestia goes outside and lowers the sun.

"Look like I have to come back to the library," Sunset stretches her wings, "Goodbye Celly,"

Celestia giggles, "Goodbye, Sunny. See you at the Gala." The orange dragon flies up to the sky and goes to Ponyville at high speed. Luna looks at her sister while Celestia just smiles, "Yes, my sister."

"I want to study magic," Luna suggests, "Her knowledge can be a good one for our army."

"You can do that in the dream." Celestia giggles, "That if she accepts your offer, but I bet 50 bits that she will deny,"

"Oh," Luna pokes her hoof at her sister, "Then prepare those bits, I will buy some pink dye to dye your mane into a pink one again."

"I accept," Celestia grins, "And if you lose, you have to dye yourself in white in one day."

"Deal." Luna goes inside to do her job.


Spike is forming a fire eagle by his spell, then he tries to change into another one, bigger, stronger, and something more beautiful. The door opens and the purple dragon sees the orange dragon go inside the library. Sunset looks around and only sees the purple dragon with a weird bird shape on his hand.

"Good one, Spike," Sunset points at the bird, "But I see you want to shape something stronger right?"

Spike nods, "Yeah, but I don't know which one is stronger than an eagle."

"You will find it soon," Sunset looks around, "Anyway, where is Twilight? Don't tell me that she is sleeping in the park."

"Don't be silly," Spike retorts, "She will be here soon," Then he sees a purple unicorn is walking inside tiredly, the purple unicorn lies on the sofa and faces down, Spike rubs her back, "Well, that's our unicorn."

Twilight whines, "Why can't I shape a thing that strong? All I know is a book."

"Well, because you were buried in the book?" Spike simply answers, making Twilight sigh. Spike tries to cheer her up, "Come on Twilight, I know you can do it."

"Thanks, Spike." Twilight is feeling good about her assistant's claws, "Oh, I feel so good when these claws rub me."

"You know that I could hurt you with these, right?" Spike pinches her back, makes Twilight yelp and turns back to look at him.

Sunset sits down and looks at them, "I just want to talk to you." The purple duo looks at the orange dragon as Sunset reveals, "Honestly, my real name is Sunset Shimmer, the previous student of Celestia," The purple duo silents for a while, Sunset continues, "Sorry for lying to you. I should reveal to you sooner."

Twilight puts her front hoof to her shoulder, then she summons the ice book and puts it on the dragon's back. The dragon feels cold when the ice book is on her back. Twilight's face near her face, "So that's why you know very clearly about my teacher," Sunset smiles nervously while Twilight huffs, "Next time just don't hide from us so soon. I will save this later."

"So... you don't angry about this?" Sunset rubs her head, "I thought you would kick me out of the library."

"Just next time you reveal it sooner." Spike comments, "I won't be angry because Princess Celestia has told us about you and your case. Why should we feel angry about this?"

Sunset is deadpanned because of their forgiving attitude, then Sunset hugs the purple duo tightly as the purple duo hug her back. Finally, the weight on the orange dragon is gone as she can live without worry, is she?