• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 875 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 875

Headache situations

Sunset rubs her head as she just woke up. When she comes downstairs, she doesn't see anyone there. Sunset sighs as she starts reading a book but a knock on the door interrupts her. She goes to the door and sees a white mare lying on the floor.

The white mare raises her hoof and begs, "Please, I haven't eaten for three days from now."

Sunset says sternly, "Flora, you are an actress so I know your trick here." The sentence makes the white mare huff and she gets up. Sunset continues, "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to visit you." Flora hugs the dragon, "I want to see your robe."

"For what?" Sunset rubs her head, "Is there anything for your work?"

The white mare comes inside and sits on the sofa. "No, just asking. Because I just want to watch it." Then Flora begs, "Please."

"Fine." Sunset rolls her eyes, "that robe is not for the pony you know?"

"I know," Flora smiles, "But those jewels look very good. It's just like for a ruler more than for a librarian like you."

"Nice way to insult a dragon, huh?" Sunset says in a stern tone, making Flora nervous. Sunset coughs, "Anyway, it must be some big event in here to make you have to come to Ponyville, right?"

"No," Flora shakes her head, "I come to live here. Because this place is secure, though."

"Uh-huh," Sunset points at the Everfree forest, "You know this place is near the most dangerous forest in Equestria right? And plenty of dangerous things too. Are you sure about that?"

"Nah, I don't see anything dangerous in here."


Sunset shakes her head as she just sits down there. Flora giggles and she gets up to go out of the library. The dragon just sits there and reads a book but another knock interrupts her. She opens the door and sees three fillies glee at her. The orange dragon doesn't know what to say. The fillies run into the library and wander around with their happy faces.

Applebloom bounces on the sofa, "This place is so big."

"Yeah," Sweetie Bell looks at the book, "and a lot of books."

The fillies keep running around until the orange dragon picks them up one by one, then she puts all of the files on the sofa. Sunset sighs, "What are you doing here?"

"We are just want to visit this place," Applebloom smiles, "And we want if we can do anything to get a cutie mark."

"Without cutie mark, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon will continue to bully us." Sweetie Bells adds, "That's why we create..." then the fillies yell together,"Cutie Mark Crusader. . " make the orange dragon cover her ears because of the loud sound.

"I wonder, what if we can ride you to receive dragon rider cutie marks?" Apple Bloom suggests. Sunset feels something not good about this so she slowly opens the door but Apple Bloom notices that "Hey, she is getting away, get her."

Sunset quickly runs away while the fillies chase her away. When the fillies just chase the orange dragon to school. They don't see her anywhere. "Awww." They look on the ground disappointed and go away. Sunset looks at them from the roof and sighs in relief as the fillies finally give up.


Brown Dirt is building the house with his wife. He has to borrow money to hire an architect to give him a house blueprint, and he will do the rest. After two hours of building, he feels tired and sits next to his wife, drinks some water. The green mare looks at the house and sees the house just finish a part of the frame part

"Wow, we just finished like this." Leaf Cutter hugs her husband, "I don't know how long we will finish this house."

" I don't know either." Brown Dirt kisses her forehead, "But if we keep doing, the time will answer us."

"I like that sound," Leaf Cutter kisses her husband, "And I know how long I keep waiting."

"You know," A voice interrupts the couple as Leaf Cutter turns around, she sees the captain of the guard is standing in front of them, "I would like you to do it when the house is finished, not right now." Leaf Cutter blushes as she runs away. Coral sighs, "I don't know she is that shy."

"Me neither," Brown Dirt stands up, "And what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to tell you that the material to build the house is not enough. We are missing woods and stuff," Then Coral looks at the house, "You did good on the first day though. I expect that you haven't finished the frame yet."

"Don't underestimate me," Brow Dirt smirks, "We will miss a lot of woods so I don't know how long we will stay in the village."

" I know." Coral turns to walk away, "Sorry, but I just help you from here." Then she walks away with a sigh.


Coral walks to the library to see if the orange dragon is here or not. When the captain just opens the door, she doesn't see Sunset anywhere. Feeling curious, she decides to go upstairs and sees the blade is attracted above the bed, and the sniper rifle is put on the table beside the bed. Coral looks at the sniper rifle, "What is it?" Then she hears the door open, makes her hide under the bed.

Sunset closes the door and sighs, she sighs in relief as she just gets away from the fillies. Looking around to see if anything is lost or not. After checking for a while, she sees nothing is stolen. She sighs in relief, takes a book, and goes upstairs to relax her mind. Hearing the dragon is going upstairs, Coral feels nervous as she asks herself if the orange dragon knows she is under the bed.

When Sunset opens the door, the orange dragon feels some magic presence under her bed. Sighing, she takes a fan in her room and makes it blow under the bed, then she lies on the bed. Coral feels the wind, it is so good for her cause being under the bed is very hot for her. Suddenly, smoke comes for her and the wind supports it. Coral coughs so hard and she gets out of the bed and keeps coughing.

"Welcome back, thief," Sunset reads the book while breathing smoke, "I never thought your left hoof job is a thief."

Coral coughs so hard as she manages to talk, "Don't you have a nicer way to drag me out?" The captain walks to the mirror and sees that her face is black, "Now I have to wash my face, thank you." Coral goes to the bathroom to wash her face while Sunset just reads a book then writes on it.

After Coral washes her face, she comes to the bedroom and sits next to the orange dragon, while Sunset just asks, "Don't you have anything to come here?"

"Oh sorry," Coral Blade takes out a paper, "There are many suggestions to kick you out of Ponyville. They all said that a dragon deserves to live in the cave, not a library."

"Tell them if they are caveponies or not." Sunset smirks as Coral Blade takes back, "I hope that they will come here and we will have some talk face to face, not talking badly behind my back, that's coward."

Coral grins, "Of course yes, I will send your word to them because I have a meeting with them. This will be fun."

"Thank you."


Coral Blade walks out of the library as she is smiling. She doesn't know this dragon is prepared to insult them with some words like that. The captain walks to the Town Hall to join the meeting. When she opens the door, she sees six ponies, three stallions, and three mares in the room, including Mayor Mare, and she is the seventh. Coral Blade sits down and just joins this 'competition', for her.

Mayor Mare starts to ask, "Can I know why you suddenly want this meeting?"

A stallion says, "I want this meeting because some of us deny a big dragon is living with us."

Coral retorts, "Eh, she is not so big, she is fit for a small library there. And you know that the library is her, right? So anypony who refuses to let her stay here does not have a right to do that. You have no right."

All of the ponies are silent as Coral says nothing wrong. One of the mares slams the table, "Then just buy that library. Dragons are really greedy, right?" Some ponies nod in agreement while some don't, "So give her a lot of gold and gem, she will accept it and get out of here."

"Great idea," one of the stallions cheers, "I think she can't resist her nature right?"

Coral retorts another time, "Uh-huh, go ahead. And you will fail," Everypony in the room stares at the captain as she smirks, "She isn't as greedy as I thought. You know one time, I gave her ten thousand bits but she denied and said that use it for charity." Everypony shocks when they hear that. Coral looks at them, "Any retorts?"

One of the stallions raises his hoof, "How about we try? I don't believe that this dragon is not greedy."

"Sure," Coral points at the stallion, "And I will follow you to protect you when you make her angry or something. I hope you like the dragon's wraith." The stallion nods as one of the mares wants to follow. Coral accepts and the meeting is over. They come home as Coral and the volunteers prepare stuff to deal with the dragon


Coral knocks on the door as Sunset comes to open it. The orange dragon sees a black stallion with a white mane and a pearl mare with a blue mane in front of the library. Sunset stares at Coral as she smirks.

"So, what are you doing here? Borrowing some books?" Sunset asks them, "Oh sorry, I should invite you to come inside right? Take a seat and give me a moment." Sunset goes inside to take out the tea white the trio just sits on the sofa. The mare looks at the library and admires her works. Sunset puts the tea down. "Here you go."

"Thank you," The stallion takes the cup, "Anyway, My name is House Ground and this is .... eh... Cloud Pink, right?" The mare nods, as the stallion sips the tea, "Oh hey, this tea is delicious. Where did you get that?"

"Everfree forest," The orange dragon points at the forest, making the duo gulp. Sunset says, "It may be dangerous but it has good material. Lucky that a zebra in the forest showed me how to make good tea."

"I... see." Cloud Pink taps her hoof, "Anyway, we are here to buy this library."

Sunset tilts her head, "For what? This library was abandoned before I came here. So why do you want to buy it?"

"Well..." House taps his hoof, "We will upgrade this library and of course we will make this place better."

"I smell a liar," Sunset comments as House grasps, "Why am I not feeling so good around here?"

Coral Blade looks around and doesn't see anything, "Eh Sunset, nothing around here dangerous."

"Oh my bad," Sunset coughs, "Okay, how much do you want to buy?"

Cloud Pink smiles as she thinks that this dragon is nothing more than other dragons. She offers, "Just 100.000 bits, and with some gems."

"Then you can go out of this library," Sunset answers, making the duo confused. Sunset continues, "You come here not to 'upgrade' this library, you come here to kick me out of Equestria. Right?'

"Why should we kick you out of here?" Cloud says nervously, "We don't have a reason to kick you out of here."

"Don't lie," Sunset stands up, "You can go home now, I'm done talking here." and go upstairs.

Coral leads the duo out of the library as she smirks, "Trust what I say?" The duo nods, "Then have fun kicking this dragon out. I'm not joining." Then Coral goes back to her station.