• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 875 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 875

The mare on the moon

It is 4 a.m in Ponyville but inside the Golden Oak, the party still goes on. Twilight tries to sleep but she can't because of the music. Twilight lies on the bed and looks at the roof, "Ugh, this town is crazy, everypony keeps partying while Nightmare Moon will come here anytime." Then Twilight gets off the large bed and looks at the moon, " one thousand years on the moon, she must be alone all the time on there."

"Same as Celestia," Sunset walks upstairs and pulls out the drawer, "She always misses her little sister in that one thousand years. It is a torture for her."

"Look, it's Princess Celestia for you. Please show your respect," Twilight turns to Sunset and sees the dragon pull out two yellow potions, " that will be disrespectful if you don't call her princess."

Sunset smirks, "and she will like it a lot," Sunset throws Twilight a yellow potion and the purple unicorn catches it by her magic, "for me, she is just a playful pony who wear a mask that thicker than concrete wall,"

Twilight retorts, "Sunny, how much do you know her? I have lived with her for over 20 years. She is a perfect princess in every pony,"

Sunset shakes his head and smiles, " Then you should know her more," then she drinks the yellow potion, "Drink this, you will be able to stay awake for a day without getting tired."

Twilight grumbles as she looks at the potion. Looking at the orange dragon drinking the potion, she sighs and starts drinking the potion. Suddenly, she doesn't feel tired anymore.

Spike opens the door and announces, "Hey, you all should come to the Town Hall to see Celestia raise the sun," then he looks at Twilight, "and Twilight, you should join the party. Shame on you that the party's over."

Sunset says to Spike, "You two come there first, I have to stay here to prepare something,"

Twilight walks downstairs and nods, "Alright, see you later." And the duo is going out

Sunset opens the doors and stands on the balcony to look at the ponies going to the Town Hall, "This year will be a chaos." When all of the ponies come inside the Town Hall, Sunset just starts to fly to the Town Hall to see through the window.


The ponies inside the Town Hall to see Princess Celestia raise the sun. Twilight gives Spike the yellow potion. Spike takes it and asks, "What is this, Twilight?"

Twilight teases, "Just a potion of your favorite dragon,"

Spike drinks the potion. After mere seconds, he is not sleepy anymore. "Wow, this potion is so good , I can stay awake today without sleeping."

Twilight sighs, "Honestly, Sunny is so mysterious to us. She talks about Celestia like she know her a lot,"

"Really? You should do the research about her." Spike turns to the stage, "hey, it started,"

The bird starts singing and Mayor Mare stands in front of the stage and announces to everypony, "Lady and Gentlecolt, as the mayor of Ponyville, it is a great pleasure to celebrate the Summer Sun Celebration." Everypony inside cheers while Twilight still worries about Nightmare Moon and Sunset teleporting to the second floor and the hall without anypony notices her.

When the crowds die down, Mayor Mare continues, "Every year, there is a princess who raises Sun and Moon. And now she comes here to celebrate with us. Now I present the great and wise Celestia," Rarity pulls the strings to open the curtain and Princess Celestia is not here.

"As I expected," Sunset looks out the window and sees a familiar white pony is flying to the Everfree forest, " I see, don't want to fight with your own sister again and leave it to Twilight. Not such a smart move, Celly." Sunset takes out a pan. Pan? She looks at it and sighs, "How can I forget the sword in the library? Luckily I still have my staff in my dimension pocket."

Everypony in the Town Hall is whispering while Mayor Mare tries to calm the audience down. Suddenly, a blue smoke appears and reveals a black alicorn mare with a blue armor, she laughs evil and looks at the ponies, who are stunned to sees her.

Nightmare Moon starts to talk, " Well well well, my loyal subject. It has been so long to see all of you".

Rainbow Dash points at her," Where is our princess?" And she is going to charge at Nightmare Night but Applejack bites her tail. Twilight is panic inside.

Nightmare Moon continues, "What? Am I not royal enough to you?"

Mayor Mare orders, " Guards, seize her. Only she knows where Princess Celestia is."

The guards rush to the mare to capture her. Nightmare Moon uses a spell to cover herself in dark smoke, then explodes it, making the guards fly away and get knocked out. Everypony runs away from the Town Hall as Nightmare Moon laughs, "The night shall be forever." Then she looks at Twilight as she is very scared. Nightmare Moon flies down in front of her, "Looks like somepony knows me."

Twilight tries to say, " You..You are..."

Nightmare Moon laughs, " Look like.... " But her sentence is cut off when a pan flies directly into her face, making her step back. The main six shocks as Nightmare Night steps back and yells, "Who dares to throw a pan at me?"

"It's me," Sunset's voice from behind the Main 6. They step beside as Sunset walks toward Nightmare Moon without a hint of fear, "You really like to mess the thing up, right?"

Nightmare Moon glares at the orange dragon, "You.... Dragon... How dare you attack me?"

"Why not?" Sunset points outside of the Town Hall, "You scare a lot of ponies there so you are a threat to this planet."

Nightmare Moon smirks and laughs," you think a dragon like you can defeat me?" Then she shoots a laser at Sunset's spot and causes smoke. "No one can defeat me."

Twilight and the rest worry about the orange dragon as she seems to get hit by Nightmare's blast. A voice from nowhere says, "Are you sure about that?" Nightmare Moon looks around, when she turns her head to left , she suddenly sees the orange dragon appear near the mare, "If you think I can't defeat you, think again, " then Sunset punches the alicorn, causing the alicorn to get slammed into the walls. The main 6 is surprised about that

The dark alicorn grits his teeth, "You...You..." But suddenly the walls wrap around her hooves, making Nightmare Moon can't move.

Sunset turns head to the main 6, " What the hell are you just standing there? Twilight, you seem to know how to defeat her. Go find it now."

Twilight stampers, " but ....but how about you?"

Sunset shouts at the purple unicorn." I will hold her down as long as I can. Now go," Sunset ducks to dodge the blast of Nightmare Moon. The alicorn and the dragon stare at each other, then they charge together. Twilight and the rest run out of the library.


The main 6 and Spike run to the library. Twilight opens the door and rushes to the bookshelves to look for a book.

Twilight searches for the book in worry. "Come on, Elements. Elements"

Rainbow yells at her, "Hey, how do you know about the elements? Are you a spy?

Applejack retorts, "Come on Rainbow, why is she a spy? You should help her to find the book before our dragon can't hold the Nightmare Moon anymore."

Rainbow makes a boring face, "Fine"

Pinkie bounces to Twilight and yells, " hey, I found the book."

Twilight asks her, "how?"

Pinkie giggles, "Duh, it on the square has the letter "E" on it."

Twilight sighs and opens the book. She turns to the rest and starts to say about the Elements, "the Elements of Harmony is a powerful artifact. It lying in the Castle of Two Sisters.There are six elements : Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty and Loyalty. However, the sixth element is still a mystery."

Applejack asks, "So. Ya' know where that castle is?"

Twilight sighs, "Everfree forest." Everypony in the room was scared when they heard that name.

Spike looks outside and says, "But we have to go there to defeat Nightmare Moon. I'm worrying about Sunny when she is fighting against that alicorn."

Twilight nods, "Right, let's go."


When they open the door and just walk out of the library, something is dropping in front of them and leaving smoke. The smoke is fading and reveals Nightmare Moon is breathing and has some bruises, making the Main 6 grasp. Sunset lands in front of Nightmare Moon without any bruises. Her claw is grabbing a red and black staff with a red crystal ball on it, the staff also has a magic circle on it.

Sunset says to Nightmare Moon, "Giving up Nightmare Moon, I won't let you destroy this planet."

Nightmare Moon grits her teeth, "No, I won't give up, not even a dragon can cast spells like you."

"Okay then, if you insist," Sunset teleports behind Nightmare Moon and uses a flame slash that is shaped like a dragon. Nightmare Moon creates a shield to block it and jump forward, then she creates a large tornado to attack the orange, making the main 6 and Spike struggle to keep them standing still. Sunset uses "Wyvern Slash '' again and it cuts the tornado into a half.

Sunset points the staff at Nightmare Moon and the magic circle on the staff start spinning, many light arrows are flying toward the alicorn. Nightmare Moon tries to defend himself with a shield but the arrows continue hitting the shield without a pause, making the shield crack then break. Nightmare Moon teleports on the air to dodge the arrows but a flame dragon wing is flying toward her, making the alicorn have no time to react except tilting her head. The wings cut her cheek and Nightmare Moon glares at the dragon.

"You are so annoyed," Nightmare Moon is forming a magic circle, "I will end you." Sunset teleports toward the magic circle and puts her claw to the alicorn's magic circle. The magic circle is shining as the dragon kicks it to Nightmare Moon. The dark alicorn is going to teleport away but Sunset quickly throws the staff and it hits her face, making the alicorn grunts. The magic circle goes through the alicorn and the chain appears, wrapping the alicorn's hoof and horn and setting her on the ground.

The main 6 and Spike just stare at Nightmare Moon as the alicorn is struggling to get out of the chain. Sunset lands on the ground and walks to Nightmare Moon, "now, you have nowhere to run, Nightmare Moon."

The alicorn laughs, "You haven't captured me yet." A magic circle is shining on her belly, making the dragon surprised. The magic circle exploded and caused smoke. When the smoke fades, Nightmare Moon is not there anymore.

Sunset sighs, " Looks like I have to borrow the artifact called the Elements of Harmony." Then she turns to the library and sees the Main 6 and Spike are there and stunned. Sunset uses her staff and "bonks" them one by one, "What the hell are you standing there?"

Twilight rubs her head, "Just don't do that to us. It hurt. Anyway, how can you use magic? This is insane because you manage to defeat Nightmare Moon."

Sunset sighs, "I will explain that later when we can handle this crazy mare who wants to freeze the world to death." She points at the Everfree forest, " now go, no time to waste."

The main 6 and Spike nod, they run to the Everfree forest and head to the Twin Sister Castle. Sunset goes to the library basement and draws a magic circle down there, then she flies to the ruined castle as fast as she can. The fate of the world depends on their will.