• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 875 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 875

The dragon('s) trouble

Twilight and Spike are walking around the town while enjoying the nice sunny day. Spike takes a deep breath and breathes out with a satisfied face.

Spike looks at the sky, "Well, I am feeling bad for our dragon. She can't manage to wake up early."

Twilight smiles, "That for forcing us to do the impossible thing. At least I see the progress when I actually can form a small electric ball," Then she looks at the green dragon, "And you can form a little green fireball."

Spike counters, "And you lost the bet to her." That sentence makes her grasp as the green dragon chuckles, "What? Don't tell me you forgot about that."

"Oh no," Twilight is walking around nervously, "What will she do with me?"

Spike waves his claw, "Nah, she won't... " but suddenly he sees many black clouds in the sky, "Huh, where is that black cloud coming from? Does Rainbow Dash forget to clean the sky today?"

Twilight suggests, "I don't know, but I think we should go back home."

Spike nods to agree and they are going back home. Rainbow Dash is coughing a lot while trying to clean the clouds but it is too much for her. She has to fly down the cloud and figure out what it is. The cyan mare sees the purple duo on the ground and she decides to land in front of them. Twilight jumps back when Rainbow suddenly lands in front of her.

Twilight yells, "Rainbow, Don't give me a heart attack like that."

Sorry, Twilight." Rainbow points at the sky, "Anyway, I just ask you what kind of ... smoke up there? I thought that it was clouds but it makes me cough a lot so I assume that is the smoke."

"Okay," Twilight looks at the sky, "Now I wonder that too. How about going to my library to check it out."

Rainbow rolls her eyes, "Egghead," then she follows Twilight to the library.


When they have arrived at the library, they see all of their friends are there. Fluttershy is shaking like a leaf because of the orange dragon while others try to comfort her. Twilight asks them to look for a book to see what is going on up there. After 30 minutes, they still find nothing. Sunset steps down the door and yawns, she sees the group is looking for something.

"What are you finding there?" Sunset's sentence makes everyone in the library look at her. Fluttershy goes to the corner and shakes herself again. Sunset walks downstairs and asks, "Really, not everything will be recorded in the book. So, what are you finding here?"

Twilight answers, "Well, I am looking for a book. You should go outside and sees, there is black smoke in the sky,"

Rainbow adds, "And that smoke is from the mountain." Twilight turns her head to Rainbow immediately, making the cyan mare smile sheepishly.

Sunset puts her cheeks on her claws, "Then in this situation, looking for a book is the worst decision." Then she looks at the purple unicorn, "Really Twilight, I thought you had a better way to solve this problem."

Twilight is going to retort but Spike breathes out the letter and coughs, "Oh Celestia, I don't like this." Then he takes the letter and reads it. After a while, he says to the group, "Well, Princess Celestia says that the smoke is coming from a dragon. This dragon is going to sleep at the nearby mountain in Ponyville. When the dragon sleeps, they will snore out smoke and cause the land to become a badland in 50 years." The main 6 grapsp at this while Sunset just smugs. Spike continues, "So you girl has to make this dragon get out of the mountain, and sorry Sunny, Princess Celestia doesn't let you go in because it will cause the battle of the dragons."

"Well, if she thinks about that, I don't insist," Sunset rubs her chin and turns to the main 6, "All right, all of you. Prepare the stuff and come here in 30 minutes. GO."

"Hey, how dare you order us like that," Rainbow Dash retorts but a fire breath goes in front of her, making the cyan mare gulp, "All right... hehe... I will prepare stuff." Twilight rushes upstairs to prepare herself while others run out the library.


After 30 minutes, all of the mares come back to the library except Fluttershy. Sunset walks out of the library and walks around to find the yellow mare but nothing. Sunset turns to Rainbow Dash, "Eh Rainbow, Where is Fluttershy?"

"She is terrified of the dragon," Rainbow answers, "She won't get out of the cottage."

"Ah..." Sunset flies to Fluttershy's cottage. "I will drag her out." Rainbow tries to stop her but fails. The cyan mare goes inside the library while Spike checks the girls' preparation

Spike takes out a horn from Pinkie Pie, "Really Pinkie, I don't think that dragon is friendly enough to hear you blow this,"

"Oh come on Spike," Pinkie hugs the purple dragon, "You and Sunny are a really good dragon. I don't think this dragon will be like that,"

"Objection," Spike retorts, make the pink mare grasps, "I have lived in pony society with Twilight all my life, so I don't know about this dragon. About Sunny, I agree that she is cool but I have to admit that I am scared of her sometimes. Right Twilight?"

"I agree," Twilight nods in agreement, "Spike has lived with me all his life now. Honestly, sometimes I want him to come back to his society. Maybe after this journey."

"Come on Twilight," Spike checks the purple mare bag, "You don't have to do that. I am happy to live with you here." He takes out a book from the bag. "And if I am Sunny, I will burn this book you know?" Twilight's eyes widened and she quickly put the book back on the bookshelf.

Sunset comes back with the struggling yellow pegasus, "Look like the gang all here," then she puts Fluttershy back on the ground as she hides behind Applejack. "So are you ready?"

Rainbow waves her front hoof, "I am ready to kick the dragon's butt out of there,"

Sunset retorts, "And I am ready to pay money to the hospital." Rainbow glares at the dragon as she continues, "Dragon is not a pony, remember that. You shouldn't do that."

Rainbow turns her body away. "Fine, I will be careful that time."


After the main 6 leaves, Sunset sits on the sofa and sighs. That scene makes her remember when she joined the Team to go on the journey to slay the world-destroyer demon. She turns to the purple dragon who is sitting next to her and lean-to her body to read a book. "Look like we are alone here right?"

Spike nods, "Yeah, I wish I can go but that will cause the battle."

"You do the right thing." Sunset closes her eyes, "I shouldn't be there to cause many ponies to suffer." She smiles, "Not even Celestia want this,"

"You're doing the right thing." A voice comes from the door. Spike knows this voice as the familiar white alicorn wearing her royal accessories. She opens the door and smiles, "Sorry for the surprise." Then she looks at the orange dragon, "And you don't surprise at all,"

"Send the mares away then come to talk with a character alone," Sunset pours the tea into the cups, "Simple trick, but effective."

Celestia walks to the table and sits beside them, she sips the tea and sighs, "It's hard to have the time to visit my student and my..." Celestia hugs Spike, make him squirm, "Little dragon,"

Sunset giggles, "you can visit here anytime. Just remember one thing, I don't bow to you even if you are a princess or not."

"I'm aware that," Celestia looks at her and smiles, "You know, there is one mare in my life that doesn't even really bow to me. That is my old student,"

Spike asks, "Really? You got another student? Where is she?"

Celestia waves her hoof, "She is gone far away and I don't think she will come back. I still miss her though."

By that sentence, Sunset knows why Celestia comes here. She has to be careful with her old teacher, "So, why are you here? There are many ponies waiting for you inside your luxury castle. Duty can't wait."

"I know," Celestia sighs, "But some time to relax will not harm anything." Celestia sips the tea and turns to Spike, "You know Spike before you and Twilight were born. I have another student named Sunset Shimmer. She always learns magic and wants to become stronger and stronger. I still miss her though."

"So what happens to her?" Spike asks

"Just some tragedy causes her to fly away from here. She has gone in 20 years for now but I still remember every fun moment with her," Then Celestia looks at the orange dragon, "And I feel that she is here."

Sunset smiles, "Nice story. But if you think I am her, Then you are wrong." Then she feels nervous when she nearly says the word 'unicorn'.

".... " Celestia silent for a while then continues, "Oh sorry, don't worry. She is a unicorn and a unicorn can't be changed into a dragon. Not even Discord can do it."

"Discord? Who is him?" Sunset lies.

"Just a 'friend' of mine," Celestia stares at the dragon, "But he can cause chaos."

"I see..." Sunset nods as she thinks, 'wow, so tough'

Celestia stands up and walks out of the library, she chuckles, "I wish I could talk to you but my duty calls me." The white mare glances at Sunset, "See you at the gala." Then she shut the door.

Sunset sighs in relief as the annoying mare is finally gone. Spike sits next to her and starts to lean on her, she complains, "Can you get yourself a pillow?"

"No," Spike resists, "I like this more." Sunset rolls her eyes and returns to read the book.


Celestia goes to Ponyville's guard station. When she just steps inside, the guards' eye widens and quickly bow to her. The white alicorn walks to a guard and asks for the captain's room. The guard feels nervous but he still leads her there. When they come in front of the room, he knocks on the door.

"Come in," Coral Blade says, "I just want to hear something good."

"Then I must be this 'something good', right?" Celestia asks as the coral mare's ears straight, then she bows to her princess. "Don't need to do that,"

"Sorry. your HIghness. I'm just surprised." The coral mare runs her hoof though her neck to make herself calm down. Celestia giggles at that action as Coral starts to ask, "What are you doing here, your Majesty? I haven't heard you will come here."

"Just some visit," Celestia answers, "I want to ask you some questions."

Coral Blade nods, "yes, Your Majesty. Please sit down. I will prepare some tea."

Celestia raises her hoof, "No need." then she sighs, "All right, can I know who that orange dragon is? According to your report, she can fight against Nightmare Moon, helps you train our guard, and solve the repeating case, Right?

"That's correct, Princess Celestia." Coral sighs, "Honestly, I am ashamed of myself because I keep asking her to help us do the job that we must solve ourselves."

"No need to be ashamed, Captain," Celestia smiles," So, about her magic. DId she share her magic theory with anyone?"

Coral shakes her head, "No, Your Highness. When I ask her something about magic, she will find a way not to share it as she is afraid of something."

Celestia nods, "Very well, captain. I want your help with one thing."

Coral asks, "What is it?"

Celestia looks around, then looks to the captain. "I am suspecting that her name is not Sunny. I feel that her real name is Sunset Shimmer, my old student," Coral grasp but Celestia continues, "I just want you if she is the real Sunset Shimmer."

Coral thinks for a while then nods, "If you ask me like that, I will do it for you but I am not sure that I will succeed or not."

"Just try your best, captain." Celestia answers, "I won't punish you if you fail because that dragon is good at hiding."

"If you say so, I will do it." Coral bows to her and Celestia nods. She flies to Cancerlot to continue her duty while Coral Blade makes a plan immediately.