• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 875 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 875

Relax

The black smoke is gone and the sky is back to blue. Spike goes out and sees the sun is here. He takes a deep breath to feel the air. Sunset sees that and giggles. The dragons walk out of the street and go to Sugarcube Corner. They order cupcakes and pies and talk happily to each other.

Spike calls, "Hey Sunny," Sunset turns her head to the green dragon while eating cupcakes. Spike asks her, "Do you have any ...eh... coltfriend?"

Sunset spills out the cupcake and coughs, then she looks at Spike, "Why did you ask the question like that?"

"Just asking," Spike rubs his head, "I want to know you more."

Sunset sighs, "Honestly, my 'coltfriend', or whatever you call that, is already dead. I just hate him a lot though." Spike is shocked when he hears that. Sunset continues, "He is the one who taught me magic, always flirting with me and hugging me a lot. And then when Iā€¦I fell to him, he died. Really, I don't know why I am falling for him like that?"

Spike is silent for a while then he says, "Sorry for asking this... sensitive ... subject."

"No need," Sunset eats the cupcake. "Not your fault because you don't know about that." Then she looks at the door, "Anyway, I hope Twilight can deal with this dragon. I don't know why Celestia sent six inexperienced mares to deal with this problem. She should send some guards to protect them."


Twilight and her friends are coming inside the Sugarcube Corner. All of them are covered in the burned coat as Spike feels worried about the purple unicorn, then they take a seat while Pinkie Pie rushes inside and takes many cupcakes to them. Twilight lies on the table.

Rainbow Dash bumps to Fluttershy, "I don't know that you can scare off that dragon, you are awesome,"

Applejack follows, "Ya can do that with our orange dragon and she will listen to you." then Applejack wonders, "And I don't know how she can drag you out?"

Fluttershy feels so nervous about this, "It... It happens like this."

Flutter was shaking under the bed upstairs with her animal. She was so terrified about the dragon and will try her best to avoid this journey. When she took a deep breath to calm down, she felt so calm and didn't even think about the journey. Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted her.

"Who's there?" She asked, "I am kinda busy today."

"Liar," Fluttershy heard that familiar voice and it freaked her more, it came from the most terrified dragon for her. The orange dragon kept knocking on the door, "You are hiding under your bedroom and shaking like a leaf right? I come here to take you, the others are waiting."

"No...NO." Fluttershy tried to retort, "I won't go to deal with that dragon. It's so huge and terrifying."

"Are you still racist when you still use the term 'it'?" That sentence made her grasp as Sunset was sitting on her sofa downstairs, "You got three minutes to prepare. If you don't come out, I will burn down your house, then I will roast your animals and I will get free meat to eat." Fluttershy was more terrified when she heard that her animals were shaking with her too. Sunset continued, "You forgot the hay outside so it will be good fuel to burn your house."

Her animals pushed the yellow pegasus out of the bed as Fluttershy didn't know what happened. She realized that she was outside. Fluttershy stood up and prepared herself. When she prepared it, the yellow pegasus was coming downstairs and saw the orange dragon was holding a fireball.

The orange dragon looked at her, "OH, I thought I had free meat."

"Pl...Please don't do that," Fluttershy begged, "I ... I will go with you. Just leave my animals alone."

"Next time you should come here sooner." Sunset grabbed her body, "Come on, the others are waiting." Fluttershy was more freaking out while Sunset flew to the library

The main 6 grasps when they hear that while Spike and Sunset are behind them and the main 6 does not even notice them. When he hears that, he glares at Sunset as the orange dragon turns her head away and whistles. Spike says to her, "Don't do that again, you make her scared of you even more than before."

"What can I do?" Sunset retorts, "She keeps locking inside her cottage like the fortress. If I don't do that, I don't know what to do."

Spike answers, "You can talk with her nicely. And your threat even makes me shudder."


The others try to comfort the yellow pegasus as Fluttershy is still shaking when she is thinking about that dragon. Rainbow feels angry about that, "How dare she. If I meet her again, I will punch into her face."

Applejack retorts, "I don't know what you are trying to do but I heard that she can easily dodge and block your attack. I don't think you can do this 'punch at her face' stuff,"

Twilight follows, "Plus, she can take Nightmare Moon,"

Rainbow's mood is shut down when hearing those things from her friends. Sunset looks at Spike and waves her head. Spike nods and the dragons stand up and walk to the group. Sunset and Spike stand behind Twilight while she is talking badly about the orange dragon. "Then she forces me to do it..." Twilight gets cut off when she is poked by someone behind. The purple unicorn turns her head back and yells, "Hey, it is impolite when you... " but when she sees the orange dragon, the unicorn gulps

"And it is impolite when you talk about me like that," Sunset puts her face near Twilight's face, "Should I make you have to train more?" Twilight shakes her head furiously as Sunset smirks. She turns to others, "So, fun journey?"

"Not much," Rarity whines, "I wish I had some gold of that dragon."

"And I wish that dragon will turn your face into ash," Sunset counters, making Rarity grasp. Sunset glances at the white unicorn, "Are you out of money or something? You don't have to do that." Rarity is trying to argue with the orange dragon but Twilight uses her levitation spell to stop them.

Applejack yawns, "Ah' feeling tired so I want to go home. See ya", the orange mare leaves the Sugarcube Corner.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash yawns, "I feel tired too. See you, girls." Then she flies away from the corner.

Twilight nods, "I'm tired too. See you again, Pinkie." Twilight and the dragons walk out to the Sugarcube Corner and head home.


When the trio walks to the library, Twilight is immediately run to the bathroom while Sunset sighs. Spike looks at her and asks, "What's wrong?"

"I forgot to take a bath for two days," Sunset sighs, "I hope that you don't mind."

"Well, to be fair, I don't smell anything from you then," Spike walks to the kitchen, "I will cook lunch. See you in ... I don't know."

Sunset nods and sits down. She is writing something on the paper as Twilight is 'humming' inside the bathroom. After 30 minutes, the purple light comes out and the orange dragon flies to the bathroom. When she finishes, Sunset comes down to the kitchen, she joins with the purple duo.

Twilight starts to say, "Sunny, I appreciate that you can bring Fluttershy to us but... can you do something nicer? I heard that you scare Fluttershy and her animals."

"You're welcome." Sunset drinks the soup, "That's for not going out like that. Time is not waiting for anything."

Twilight and Spike look at each other and are confused about what she means. Spike decides to change the topic. "Sunny, how about you test our magic? Twilight is finally can cast it without her horn,"

Sunset grins at the purple unicorn, making Twilight feel uncomfortable. Sunset says, "Look like someone losing the bet."

"Fine," Twilight rolls her eyes, "Just doing something safe, we are fine."

Sunset stands up, "Okay, show me what you have learned." and leaves the kitchen to the main room.


The trio goes to the main room and sits down. Sunset sits down on the chair while Twilight and Spike sit on the ground. The purple duo looks at the orange dragon as Sunset nods. Sunset says, "Sorry," and goes inside, then she pulls out the board.

Sunset asks the purple duo, "All right, show me what you learned." Sunset wears Twilight a familiar ring on her horn.

Twilight sighs as she and Spike starts to concentrate their mana. Twilight starts creating a small electric ball while Spike creates a small fireball. The duo is closing their eyes to try to concentrate on the spell. After a while, they stop and start breathing hard. Sunset smiles at this because they are doing quite well.

Sunset claps her claws, "Good job. You are doing fine. If we continue like this, you all can do the spell without direction."

Spike and Twilight dispel their balls as they breathe heavily. Spike looks at the orange dragon, "What will we do? Just practicing like this?" Sunset nods, making Spike whine, " Oh come on. Don't you teach us a new kind of spell?"

"No. Learning magic must not rush. If you rush, it will be dangerous for you." Sunset explains. Spike nods in understanding then sits down as Sunset continues, " Just make a bigger ball and then shape it like something you like."

Twilight asks her, "Something we like? Like what?" Sunset shapes the fireball into a book, make her blush while Spike giggles at her. Twilight sighs, "I wonder how long I can reach your level, Sunny."

"No practice, no expert." Sunset points at the unicorn, "all of the achievements have to work to have."

Spike nods in understanding, "I see." Then the purple duo starts practicing their magic. Sunset leans on the sofa to think what next she teaches for them? Buff spell, maybe? Summon spell, no. Magic circle and magic words, absolutely. She already has a book about magic words so she teaches the purple duo about the magic words.


Coral is looking at the orange unicorn information that she just asked from the Princess of the Sun. They have secret locations , the place this unicorn likes, what thing that unicorn likes most.

"What vague information! Only have the place she always visits and some secret place that only she and Princess Celestia know." Coral flips the paper, "and about her personality, I don't know because this description is far different from that dragon. Is her instinct dominating her mind?"

Swift Blue opens the door and sees Coral is watching some paper, "Captain, you should rest. I don't know what I can do if you are sick again."

Coral looks at him in a disbelief look, "Don't worry about me, Blue. Princess gave me a mission and I found that it was hard to do though." Coral puts the papers down and says, "She wants me to prove the orange dragon we know is using the fake name."

"Fake name?" Swift Blue tilts his head, "Well, I don't mind if she uses the fake name. She helps us a lot though, not like a captain I know," Coral Blade glares at him as Blue continues, "Anyway, why should she use the fake name? Is she hiding something,"

"If she is using the fake name, then I am sure that she is hiding from Princess Celestia." Coral leans on the chair, "I should ask the pony around her to know more information. Then I will make a plan."

Swift Blue nods, "I see. Good luck with your plan." Swift Blue is about to leave but he stops and glances at the coral pony, "Oh, and keep yourself healthy. I like to see you are fine every day," then he leaves the room.

Coral smiles as she is thinking what she will do with this dragon. For her, she is the dragon who is very good at hiding information so she has to think of a trap to make her spill the beans.