• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 872 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 872

Case close

The night has come and all of the ponies are already sleeping. In the Lunar Harbor, there is a large group of ponies dressed as workers who work in the harbor. All of them join the meeting at night while they are waiting for their boss. After a while, a white coat pegasus is standing on the stage, which makes everypony inside pay attention to the stage.

The white pegasus announces to everyone, "Lady and gentle colts, my name is Paper Blank. We all know why we are here right?" Everyone inside cheers the pegasus. The white pegasus continues, "Today, we will transport these mares to Griffinstone to 'enjoy' them."

One of the ponies asks, "We heard that there is a dragon who reports our location. We are afraid that the police will come here to arrest us."

Paper laughs, "Don't worry, the dragon is just a dragon. They are stupid." then he smirks, "That dragon tells the police the wrong location so tonight we will have more chances to succeed."

Everypony cheers and starts partying. After thirty minutes, they stop and start transporting the container. Paper Blank commands his minions to do the job. When they are going to lift the first one, a pony runs to him and breathes heavily. Paper sees that and orders him to stop.

Paper talks to the pony, "What's wrong? Is something happening?"

The pony manages to say to his boss, "Boss, the police are attacking the harbor. They already surround this harbor"

"What?" Paper yells, "The police can't be here." Then he turns to his minion. "Quick, leave the mares and make that ship move. We will get out of here." His minions nod as they are running to the ship to make that ship move while Paper grits his teeth and wonders how the police find this place.


"tsk tsk tsk, you are so naive Paper," Sunset is lying on the roof of the abandoned building with a sniper rifle. The building gives her the view of the part of the harbor but enough to see Paper and his minions are trying to escape and she sees the police nearly come to his spot. Sunset forms an electric bullet and puts it into the sniper rifle. To make sure that they won't use that ship, she scopes into the dashboard of the ship, "Let see. Distance is about 650 yards," She lifts the rifle a little bit, "Wind is -20," then she stirs the scope to the right a little.


Truth Seeker swings his forehoof and knocks out an enemy while looking at the ship, then he runs to it but some unicorns are shooting in front of him. Truth flies to them while dodging the blast. When he comes close to them, he imitates punches at one unicorn then slam other unicorns' heads, make them faint. Truth sits down and breathes, he doesn't know these criminals are so crowded.

An officer runs to him and reports, "Sir, Paper is trying to escape by a ship. We are encountering heavy resistance from the criminals to prevent us getting to the ship. I'm afraid that we can't make it in time."

"Nonsense," Truth stands up, "This organized crime is large so we have to arrest all of them, especially Paper Blank." Truth punches a container nearby and grits his teeth, "If that dragon didn't tell me, I will never know his second face." Truth Seeker flies up and yells at the officer, "Tell all of the officers to attack the ship."

"Yes sir," The officer runs to the others.

After 15 minutes, Truth Seeker manages to get on the ship. The unicorn policies try to blast the ship but they get blocked by the shield. Paper Blank walks to face the detective.

Paper Blank smirks, "You are really naive like usual," Then he laughs, "I hope that you will enjoy this failure. If you don't have that dragon, you won't be here,"

The ship starts moving as Truth Seeker yells at him, "Curse you, Paper, I will find you whenever you are. Remember my words."

Paper turns his face away Truth Seeker and walks to the command room and orders the minion to go faster. Paper Blank laughs because he is going to escape. Suddenly, he hears the sound of the glass broken, which makes him look back. He finds that one of the windows has a weird hole in there. Feeling weird about this, he tends to go back to command his soldier but the ship suddenly stops, causing him to fall on the floor.

Paper yells at his minions, "Why all of you stop the ship?"

"I can't, sir.," One of the ponies reports, "The dashboard is electrocuted, we can't control the ship anymore and it is going to explode."

"What?" Paper looks at the dashboard and it is not working anymore. "How can this happen?"

"I don't know sir, but we have to get out of there."

When Paper is going to leave the ship, the police are chasing him behind by canoes. Knowing nowhere to run, he sighs and follows his minions.


Sunset stands up and stretches her body. She yawns as she puts the sniper rifle to her back, then she looks at the ship and sees the police already surround them. The orange dragon looks at the pendant and sighs. "Looks like a case is done, I hope I can sleep in peace." She starts to flap her wings and flies to Ponyville.

After 2 hours of flying, she manages to get back to the library as she feels sleepy enough to make her tear fall down. She opens the door and sees the door is unlocked. Sunset shakes her head but then she locks the door and goes up to the bedroom. When she goes inside the bedroom, she sees Twilight and Spike are cuddling each other. That causes her giggles as she decides to close the door and sleeps on the sofa.


Twilight and Spike wake up and prepare themself together. After they are done, they go downstairs and see Sunset is sleeping on the sofa. The purple duo looks at each other and giggles because they find out how cute she is sleeping. Twilight sees that the sniper rifle still attracts the dragon's black, she decides to take it off but it is quite heavy. Spike helps the purple unicorn. When they take off the sniper rifle, they decide to bring the orange dragon upstairs and put her on the bed.

Twilight and Spike are having breakfast together, Spike starts to talk, "Well, Twilight. Today I was surprised , right?"

Twilight nods, "Yeah, I don't know where Sunny goes all night?" Then she looks at the sniper rifle, "With this ... long metal thing,"

Spike tries to stop the purple unicorn, "Twilight, I know you want to study it but... is it right to study like this?"

"She won't mind, will she?" Twilight glees, "I just want to know what it can do?"

Spike crosses his arms, "No, not this time. Everytime you study something, it gets worse." Twilight pulls out the puppy eyes but Spike pokes that eyes

Twilight rubs her eyes, "Ouch, why did you do it? That's my eyes,"

"You pull that eye out like hundreds times, so it won't work for me."

"Oh come on Spike, if we figured out something useful, maybe we can make this into something."

"Remember Sunny said that is a weapon?" Spike reminds, "If you accidently kill somepony with it, I don't know what to do."

"Fine," Twilight sighs, "I think I will wait for Sunny to ask her."


Spike goes to open the door and takes the newspaper. He sits down and reads it for a while, he sees a cool headline.

The mares have been rescued. The chief of the police station is going to be judge

Just today at midnight, the police found an organized crime and arrested most of the members. As they know, this criminals always kidnap the mare and sells them to ....

"SPIKE." Twilight calls him from upstairs, "You should help me study today, not reading the newspaper."

Spike puts the newspaper down, "Okay Twilight, give me a moment." Spike hops out of the sofa and he is going to go upstairs to help Twilight study but a knock on the door interrupts him. He opens the door and sees the mare in the black coat, Spike feels nervous about this, "Yes? How can I help you?"

"I'm lookin for a certain orange dragon." The mare asks, "I heard that she is living here."

Twilight goes downstairs, "Spike, I told you... Oh," The purple unicorn sees the mare and asks, "How can we help you?"

Spike answers, "She is looking for Sunny." Then he turns to the mare, "How about you come inside? You must be tired."


The mare nods and comes inside the library. The mare sits down and smiles while Twilight sits beside her and Spike is making some tea. Twilight asks, "Sorry for disturbing you, Sunny is currently sleeping upstairs so she can't come down to talk to you,"

The mare nods, "That's okay. I understand because she helps me out to rescue these mares and... rescue my heart too." Spike comes out and puts the tea on the table. "Thank you," the mare says and drinks the tea.

Spike sits next to Twilight, "So why you ask for Sunny? Is she doing something wrong?"

The mare pulls down the black coat and reveals that it is a blue unicorn mare with cyan mane, "I just want to say thank you to her. Oh sorry, where is my manner? My name is Blue Sky,"

"Nice name you have here." A voice from upstairs talks to the blue mare, making all of them pay attention to it. Sunset is standing on the stair and spins the pendant, "Next time, don't hold that memory or it will haunt you forever." Then the dragon stops spinning the pendant and throws it to the blue mare, "And I am sorry to throw your coltfriend to jail."

Blue Sky catches it by levitation. and smiles, "No. You don't have to apologize to me. It's me who has to say sorry for you because I make you have to influence me."

Blue Sky points at the newspaper and answers, "That is why," Twilight and Spike take the newspaper and read the headline, they are surprised that her coltfriend is related to this organized criminal. Blue Sky continues, "I just don't want to talk about this. It's just too hurtful to hear that

Sunset goes downstairs and takes the sniper rifle, she pulls the bar down. A bullet shell is ejected from it, making the trio surprised. Sunset turns to the mare and throws the shell at her, "Then keeps this thing. It will tell you that it is just a dream for you."

Blue Sky catches and looks at it, "Thank ....you," then her tears come out, "I appreciate that. Thank you very much."

Sunset huffs, "Just remember washes your face before you come out. It will be ugly when you cry like that." The mare nods and does what the dragon says, then she goes out of the library and says nothing.

When the mare goes out, Twilight immediately asks her, "What is that thing? How can you do that? What if i...?" Sunset puts the claw on her mouth to shut her down. The mare glares at her, "Hey, when do you stop doing that? I hate being like that."

"Sorry, I just don't want to answers these question." Sunset leans her back to the sofa, "And your calling for Spike makes me wake up." Twilight is blushed while Spike laughs at her, Twilight turns to the green dragon as Spike runs out of the unicorns. The duo is chasing each other as Sunset smiles, "Case close."