• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 857 Views, 99 Comments

The Adventures End? - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset comes back to Equestria after a long journey.

  • ...
16
 99
 857

Another "normal" day

At the guard station, a coral earth pony mare with yellow mane is making coffee to prepare her morning work. She orders her other guard to take testimony of the criminals that she just captured last night. She wonders who sent the signal to her and her guards. A stallion guard knocks on the door as the mare's face is on the table.

"Come in."

The stallion goes into the room and sees their captain like that, again, he sighs, " not again, could you stop like that, Captain Coral Blade?"

The mare grumbles, "That's because I hate Monday. The worst day to go to work." Then she coughs and continues, "Anyway, why are you here?"

The stallion answers, "oh sorry madam, I just finished taking testimony of all prisoners," the stallion pulls out the paper and continues, " All of them confirm that they are raided by a teenage dragon."

"A teenage dragon? You're kidding me right?"

The stallion shakes his head,"No captain. I'm not kidding." Then he flipped to another page, "About the dragon appearance, they said that the dragon is female, orange scale and has two metal plates that attract the horns like accessories."

Coral Blade stands up and says, "why does it sound like our new dragon that just came here to live? Is that her?"

The stallion waves his front hoof, "I doubt that because according to the seller, this dragon can use magic."

Coral Blade's eyes widen, " Wh-what? Since when a dragon can use magic?", Then the captain taps her hoof to her chin, " All right, time to ask that dragon."

"Are you sure? I doubt that she knows how to fight."

Coral Blade smirks, "Well, just asking some questions. Let's go."


Sunset is preparing 2000 bits to actually buy this library. She is so happy when she just raid the cave, not only rescue the baby dragons but also solve the money problem. After preparing the money, she opens the door and walks out of the library to go to Town Hall.

When she opens the door, a pink pony with fluffy hair is staring at her with a big smile. Sunset slowly closes the door, but the mare bursts into the library and bounces around the dragon, making Sunset faceclaw.

Sunset asks the pony, "may I help you?"

The pink pony introduces herself," Hi, my name is Pinkie Pie and I heard that you are new here."

"Well hi Pinkie Pie, can you please go out for a while? I have a job to do."

"Duh," Pinkie Pie's face near the dragon's face, " How about we talking while walking? I want to know you better."

Sunset rolls her eyes, "sure, I guess."


Sunset and Pinkie are walking on the street. While Sunset is walking normally, Pinkie Pie keeps bouncing like a ball.

Sunset feels weird about this and asks the pink pony, "Do you even get tired when you keep bouncing like that?".

"Duh, I never feel tired. I am feeling so excited." Then Pinkie steps put her face close to the dragon, "I want to throw you a welcome party."

The orange dragon rubs her head, "Eh, you don't have to do that."

"No, I insist. Everypony new here has a party."

Sunset smiles, "Fine..." But she gets cut off when a poster slams into her face, "ouch, what is this?" Sunset takes out the poster and reads it, "Huh? The Summer Sun Celebration is nearly in... three days?"

Pinkie stops in the tracks, "oh, I forgot about this. Now how can I make a party for you?"

Sunset suggests, "just make a party and do this... Eh celebration together."

Pinkie glees, "Hey, that is a good idea. Thanks." Then she looks at the clock, "oh, I have to go, bye. Don't forget to join your party." Pinkie runs away at a high speed, making the dragon tilt her head in confusion. But she pays no mind for that and continues to go to the Town Hall


Mayor Mare is rubbing her head in some situations. Many ponies in the town want the orange dragon to get out of Ponyville but when she did a meeting yesterday, some of the ponies were against this decision because the dragon hasn't caused any harm yet, she even helps some ponies to solve their problem. The argument was on fire so Mayor Mare decided to shut down the meeting. Now, she has a headache about these situations.

Suddenly, a knock on the door makes her pays attention. She says, "Come in" and the familiar orange dragon comes inside.

The dragon says, " Hi Mayor. I came here to buy the library."

The brown mare surprises, "what? You earn 2000 bits?," Sunset puts two large bags of bits, making the mare even more surprised, "Ho-how can you get this money in only 2 days?"

Sunset lies, "Well, when I was exploring the Everfree forest. I found a chest under the ground. When I looked around, there was no one there so I decided to open the chest. It had a lot of bits in there so... I decided to go take them all."

Mayor Mare is not sure about this, "Well, what a surprise! You are so lucky my dear dragon." Then she pulls out some red paper, "here, fill your name and stuff. The library is yours now."

The dragon nods," thanks Mayor." Then she starts filling the paper, "anyway, you seem to have some problem, right?"

Mayor Mare answers, "Honestly yes, that about you."

The dragon doesn't care about that as she keeps filling the paper because she knows the problems, "Is that about kicking me out of Ponyville right?" The brown mare nods as Sunset gives her back the paper, " I heard that in many ponies who look at me with a " not so friendly" face."

"I see," Mayor Mare takes the paper and looks at it, then she asks, "I remember that your name is Sunny, right? Why do you write your name is Sunset Shimmer?"

"Because that my real name." Sunset answers, "I use my pet name to hide my name from someone." Then she looks at the mare, "please, keep this secret of mine."

The brown mare nods, "I see. Since you are not a bad dragon, I will keep you this secret,"

"Thanks, Mayor" Sunset is going to leave but she remembers something, "Oh by the way, I have an order from Cherilee about textbooks. Can you help me with that?"

Mayor Mare gives the red paper, "Sure, the school will be open after the Summer Sun Celebration."

"Thanks Mayor, see ya." Sunset leaves the Town Hall with the red paper.


Sunset walks out the Town Hall and smiles, now she has a house. She takes out the list and thinks about what she will buy next. Since the vase is in her basement, she can make her own potions. She takes back the list as she can't think of anything and goes back to the library. When she comes back to the library, a guard is knocking on the door.

"Oh Celestia, when this dragon will come back," Coral Blade is sitting down, "I should come back or my soldiers will complain about me."

"Eh sorry," Sunset says to the captain, "I heard that you want to meet me?"

"Ah yes," Coral Blade smiles, " I just want to ask you some questions."

"Oh, then we should go inside."

Coral Blade nods as she and Sunset go inside the library. Sunset takes out the round table that she just made yesterday and sits down.

"Please take a seat," Sunset rubs her head, "sorry about... Don't have any tea or something because I... Haven't clean the kitchen yet," then she takes out the list and start writing many kitchen equipment.

"Okay..." Coral Blade taps her front hoof, "first, I just want to ask you where did you go last night."

Sunset lies, "well, just cleaning some part of the library. This library needs to be cleaned a lot though."

"I see," The captain pulls out the paper, "Well, you know that last night a gang always aimed at dragons. They always try to kidnap somepony like you to sell."

Sunset taps her chin to think if she can tell the truth. By seeing the captain to see that she has discovered something about her. The dragon decides to hide, "Well, I'm just sitting there and cleaning up."

The mare glares at her but still says, "let me tell you something. According to the gang, they describe that dragon just like you, orange scale with yellow horn, also has two metal plates attracted to the horn. It looks like you."

The orange dragon counters, "There are plenty of orange dragons in Dragon Land, and about my accessory, you can pick two plates of the balance scales to do that."

"I see," the mare stands up and goes out the library, "Maybe I'm wrong. Sorry for disturbing you."

Sunset stands up and starts cleaning the kitchen, then lists the things that she should buy, but her instinct tells her that something will not be right tonight.


Coral Blade sits on the table and sighs in frustration because she knows that the dragon is hiding something. A guard comes inside the room and reports to her, "Captain, what will we do with the gang? We have enough evidence to prove that they are selling and killing dragons''

Coral Blade order the guard, "Then transport them to Cancerlot and let princess Celestia judge them," then she taps on the table, "use all of our guard to make sure that the transport will be safe and sound."

The guard nods, "Yes, madam." Then the guard goes out of the room while Coral Blade takes out a black suit to prepare tonight.


Sunset goes to the housewares store to buy some kitchen tools. When Sunset comes inside the door, the shopkeeper isn't scared of her. She also welcomes the dragon to the store. This makes Sunset surprised. The orange dragon looks around the store to find the cooking tool. Once she finds them, she takes and buys them, it costs around 400 bits.

On the way back to the library, she feels someone is watching her. She looks back and finds no one there. She sits on the bench at the park and takes out a pan, then she continues to walk.

Coral Blade is following the dragon to see what she is hiding. After following a while, Sunset turns left, and quickly teleports. Coral Blade follows her but the dragon is not there anymore. She looks around to find the dragon but she received a "bonk" into her head, making her rub her head.

The pony whines, "ouch, who hit me?" Then she looks back and sees a familiar dragon is glaring at her, making her gulps.

Sunset asks, "why are you following me? Did I do something wrong?"

Coral Blade stampers, "eh... Eh... No... You done nothing wrong,"

"Should I give you another pan?" Sunset threatens Coral, "I hope your head will be hard enough to take this one."

"Fine, I won't follow you again"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

"Good, I'm heading home. See ya."

Sunset sighs in relief as the dragon fly to the library. Sunset puts everything in the kitchen and takes a look at it. Feeling satisfied, Sunset goes upstairs and goes to sleep on the bed but when she just puts her body on the bed, the bed just cracks then breaks.

Sunset faceclaw, "I forgot to fix this bed," then she goes downstairs and takes some books from bookshelves and lies on it. Another day has passed.