• Published 13th Jul 2021
  • 5,272 Views, 208 Comments

Spike of the Talismans - Wildcard25



Spike discovers twelve magical talismans that give him powers like no other making him feel better about himself. But their original owner intends to take them back, even by force

  • ...
12
 208
 5,272

The Chi Wizard

Spike was busy one morning kicking back on his throne, reading a Power Ponies comic, “Thanks to the super speed taking care of the castle chores is such a breeze. Gives me more time to catch up on my reading.” he told himself, until his cheek puffed up. He looked away from his comic and burped up a scroll. He caught the message and looked it over before his eyes widened.

Twilight was currently in the library looking over some books, until the doors flung open, and Spike rushed in, “Twilight!”

“What is it, Spike?” Twilight asked.

“We just got a message from Princess Celestia,” he handed her the message, “She wants all of us to head to Canterlot asap.”

Twilight looked the message over herself, “And it looks like she found somepony who may know of a better way to counteract against Shendu's Shadowkhan.”

“This is great,” Spike smiled, “Any way to fight back against him will do us all plenty of good.”

“Come on, Spike. Let's round up the girls, and head for Canterlot.” Twilight ordered.

“On it.” Spike nodded, as they took off.


Once they rounded up the rest of the girls they headed straight for Canterlot. When they arrived at the castle, they were escorted into the throne room where Celestia stood before them with a unicorn at her side that looked much older.

“Hello, Princess Celestia.” Twilight greeted, as Spike and the girls bowed their heads.

“Welcome, my subjects,” Celestia greeted, “Now then, I would like to introduce you all to an old colleague of mine. Everypony, this is Lo Pei.” she motioned to the old unicorn beside her.

Lo Pei had a grey coat with a cutie mark being that of magic scroll, he had a long light black beard with a mustache, and his attire was long green robes.

The unicorn spoke, “Greetings Princess Twilight, and friends. I am honored to meet you all.”

“The pleasure's ours, sir.” Twilight replied.

Lo Pei turned towards Spike, and approached him. The little dragon looked up at the unicorn feeling nervous from his towering figure, “And you must be the dragon Spike.”

“That's me.” he confirmed.

“Princess Celestia has told me you are in possession of the twelve magical talismans once belonging to the evil dragon Shendu.”

“She's correct.” Spike confirmed.

Lo Pei looked him over, “Hard to imagine so much magical power resides in such a small one.” Spike groaned at the crack at his height, while Rainbow snickered only to get nudged by Applejack to shut up.

“Well, it's true,” Spike explained, “I found the talismans buried underneath Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's old castle in the Everfree forest.”

“And since then you've been targeted by the imprisoned Shendu who had sent his Shadowkhan minions to retrieve his powers from you.” Lo Pei finished.

“Yeah. These Shadowkhan are no joke. Especially since there's more than one kind.” Spike noted.

Lo Pei nodded, “Which is why I may be able to help you.”

“And how?” Rarity asked.

“I've been studying the magic used by Starswirl the Bearded when Shendu's former subjects rebelled against him and stripped his powers away. It was not ordinary unicorn magic, but something on par with alicorn magic.”

“And what magic is that?” Applejack asked.

“Yes, please tell us.” Twilight said with a hint of desperation.

“Chi Magic.” the unicorn answered.

“Cheese Magic?” Rainbow asked.

“Mm, I love me some cheese.” Pinkie licked her lips.

“Not 'cheese'. Chi.” Lo Pei pronounced.

“What is chi?” Fluttershy asked.

“Chi is a universal life force found in all living beings, and goes by many names, as do its two sides. Light and Dark. Good and Evil.”

“Peanut Butter and Jelly!” Pinkie cheered, only for Applejack and Rainbow to cover her mouth.

“I've studied and dabbled in Chi magic for years, and I've made several spells you can use to more effectively counteract the Shadowkhan.” the unicorn pulled out a magic filled with scrolls and parchment.

“I would love to see them.” Twilight said with excitement on her face.

“Come, I shall show you.” Lo Pei said, as the group trotted off someplace more private.

Meanwhile at Shendu's prison cave, the dragon summoned his regular Shadowkhan warriors, and suddenly two more versions of the Shadokhan appeared as well.

The first new group of Shadowkhan who were taller than the regular tribe wore dark blue, metallic samurai armor. They had greyish-blue skin, but only their hands were visible. They wore dark red belts and have one glowing, red eye.

The second new Shadowkhan group were also taller than the regular Shadowkhan, and had long legs and incredibly well-built bodies. The wore black suits that entirely cover their bodies and had one glowing, red eye. Their left arms had crab-like pincers while their right arms had stabbing claws and no pincers.

“While they say two heads are better than one, I say three Shadowkhan tribes are better than two,” Shendu began, “Go forth and find the dragon whelp with my talismans!” he hissed, as the three groups of Shadowkhan took off.


Back at Canterlot Castle, Celestia, Twilight, Spike, and the girls were looking at several scrolls of Lo Pei's that were laid out for them to see.

“These spells are unlike anything I've ever seen or studied.” Twilight marveled.

“Well, not every pony has the right books which contain the spells ingredients.” Lo Pei admitted, as he was mixing herbs and liquids into a big golden bowl.

“And the good news is you don't have to be a unicorn to use it.” Applejack read.

Lo Pei shook his head, “No. The magic here is made through a combination of several ingredients when mixed together form something much greater. And when applied to a medium can be used in various purposes.” Lo Pei levitated a lifeless blow fish over and dunked it a few times into the green liquid in the bowl causing the lifeless fish to glow with a green aura.

“Ooh!” the ponies and Spike gasped.

“Behold.” Lo Pei said as he levitated two target shots over and positioned them. He aimed the glowing blow fish and concentrated before the lifeless fish unleashed a blast of the green magical aura nailing the two targets.

“Bullseye!” Rainbow cheered.

“Nice shootin' partner.” Applejack commended him.

“The magic is powerful, and it's used to ward away evil spirits such as Shadowkhan. But to truly make it more effective it requires an incantation that must be repeated while using your medium.”

“And what is that incantation?” Spike inquired.

Lo Pei spoke, “Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao.”

The ponies and Spike looked confused, “Yu Mo, what-what?” Rainbow asked.

“That's a mouthful of an incantation.” Applejack said.

“Here, all of you try it with me,” Lo Pei began, as he sounded it out, “Repeat after me. Yu.”

“Yu.” the ponies and Spike repeated.

“Mo.”

“Mo.”

“Gui.”

“Gui.”

“Gwai.”

“Gwai.”

“Fai.”

“Fai.”

“Di.”

“Di.

“Zao.” Lo Pei finished.

“Zao.” the group finished.

“Now then, shall we try it together?” Lo Pei asked, as they all nodded.

And so they all chanted together, “Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao.”

“Wow, that's very catchy.” Pinkie said.

Suddenly a royal guard entered the room, “Emergency, your majesty!” he addressed Celestia.

“Yes?” she asked.

“These creatures just appeared in Canterlot and they're running amok.”

Spike and the girls fearing the worst rushed to the nearest window and looked out seeing the city below. They could hear the screams of ponies who were running for their lives, and saw the Shadowkhan causing destruction everywhere they were.

“It's them.” Spike squinted.

Lo Pei looked down squinting as well, “The dark ones.”

“We gotta get rid of these varmints.” Applejack said.

“And fast,” Rarity added, “Who knows the damage they'll cause to my favorite shops.” the girls and Spike gave the fashion unicorn dry looks.

“Then we better go.” Spike said.

Lo Pei spoke, “You all go on ahead. I'll prepare more mediums for you to use and join you.”

“Be careful my little ponies.” Celestia warned them.

“We will.” Twilight promised.

“Especially you, Spike.” Celestia told the dragon knowing they were looking for him. Spike nodded, as he and the girls took off.