• Published 13th Jul 2021
  • 5,200 Views, 208 Comments

Spike of the Talismans - Wildcard25



Spike discovers twelve magical talismans that give him powers like no other making him feel better about himself. But their original owner intends to take them back, even by force

  • ...
11
 208
 5,200

Power of the Chi Spell

Out in Canterlot, the pony citizens were in a massive panic from the invading Shadowkhan. One of the Crab Shadowkhan used it's claw to grip a lamppost and rip it out of the ground before chucking it at a store window. A earth pony stallion ducked behind a bench hoping he'd be safe, until a Samurai Shadowkhan unsheathed its sword and with one swipe, the bench was cut into two pieces leaving the pony vulnerable. The pony screamed knowing he'd be next until the Shadowkhan was incinerated by a combustion blast.

The ponies taking cover saw it came from Spike who stood with the girls behind him, “Let's see already we have you Shadowkhan down for invading a royal city, destruction of public property, and disturbing the peace.” Spike listed off.

“You boys are looking into quite a long sentence.” Rainbow smirked.

The Shadowkhan not moved by idle threats readied themselves, “Come on!” Twilight called, as the group went into battle.

Rainbow flew around knocking down several regular Shadowkhan, before taking her chances with a clawed one, but when she collided with it she went splat. The Crab Khan pulled her off it and gripped her in its claw.

“These ones are like brick walls.” Rainbow groaned, before the Shadowkhan gripping her started squeezing her making her cry.

Twilight used her magic to blast it in the back destroying it, and freeing Rainbow, “You ok?” Twilight asked her pegasus friend.

“Nothing I can't handle.” Rainbow said shaking off the pain.

Applejack was running around, as some of the Samurai Khan was were trying to slice her with their swords. Though the shadow minions missed the Apple pony, their cuts did end up hitting some outdoor cafe tables and chairs. Applejack looked to see the clean cuts left by their weapons.

“Watch the swords, everypony! They're mighty sharp!” Applejack called.

“Oh, yes they are.” Pinkie said, as she was bouncing around some of the Samurai Khan who were trying to slice her as well, without even a worry.

Fluttershy being Fluttershy was trying to take cover and avoid confrontation, while Rarity was blasting at some Shadowkhan with her own magic. At first she had things under control, until a Crab Khan was about to grab her from behind.

“Rarity!” Fluttershy called, as she tackled her friend to the aside avoiding the claw.

“Oh, thank you, darling.” Rarity said in relief.

“Don't thank me yet.” Fluttershy said motioning to the same Crab Khan who stomped up to them.

Before it could attack, Spike flew in and using his super strength punched it making it disappear, “These Shadowkhan keep getting more weirder with every new type we see.” he told the two ponies who nodded in agreement.

Twilight continued using her magic to blast at more of the Shadowkhan, but only the regular ones were defeated the easiest, while the other two tribes weren't going down so easily.

“Their armor makes them strong enough to take even my magic shots.” Twilight told the others.

Spike who flew around some Crab Khan before using his heat beams on them, spoke, “If we don't get a game changer in soon, we may not last much longer.”

As a Samurai Khan was about to attack Spike from behind it was blasted by another source of magic. The ponies and Spike saw arriving on scene was Lo Pei armed with a blow fish medium.

“Lo Pei!” the girls gasped in joy.

“Sorry, I'm late. Needed to make sure the mediums were in perfect condition.” he levitated a blow fish to each of the girls and Spike.

As Spike held his medium in his claw, Twilight and Rarity held theirs using their magic, while the rest of them held the tail end in their mouths.

“Remember, what I taught you all. Now go!” Lo Pei called, as he began chanting, “Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao.”

Spike and the girls began chanting along while blasting at the Shadowkhan that destroyed them. The shadow minions kept dropping until eventually there was none left in the city.

When the group saw their enemies were gone, they relaxed, “Whew, now that was sure a rush.” Applejack panted.

“No kidding.” Rainbow agreed.

“Those were some of the toughest Shadowkhan ever.” Spike said.

Lo Pei nodded, “Indeed. There are various types, each one stronger than the next.”

“Don't have to tell me.” Spike replied.

“But at least the chi spells were able to defeat them.” Twilight noted.

“Nice use of magic, Lo Pei.” Pinkie smiled.

Lo Pei spoke to Spike, “Shendu must be restless from trying to retrieve his talismans from you.”

“You have no idea.” Spike answered.

At Shendu's cave, the dragon growled, having sensed his minions defeat and by what, “Now the whelp and his pony friends are using chi magic to fight against me? This is unacceptable!” he bellowed before calming down, “If he thinks I'm going to just roll over and show my belly than that child has another thing coming. I will get my powers back one way or another.” he eyes glowed red.


Later that night at the Castle of Friendship, Spike and Twilight were seated on the sofa in the castle lounge looking over some more chi spells Lo Pei.

“With these spells and ideas, keeping the Shadowkhan at bay will be all the more easier.” Spike smiled.

Twilight spoke still looking worried, “Yes, but only keep them at bay. Unless we find a way to permanently neutralize Shendu, he'll just keep sending Shadowkhan our way.”

Spike began to ponder, “Think maybe we should go looking for him?”

Twilight did a double take, “What?”

“I'm just saying, it might probably be best if we stop it at the source. That being Shendu himself.”

Twilight got into Spike's face, “Spike, don't you think that's exactly what Shendu would want you to do?”

“It was just a suggestion, Twilight.” Spike said shoving her face out of his.

“I know, it's just I don't want any of us to have to put ourselves in that big of a dangerous situation, regardless of how well we can defend ourselves.” Twilight said still voicing her concern.

Spike knowing Twilight was just looking out for the well being of him and their friends hugged her, “And you won't have to, Twilight.” he smiled. Twilight smiled back and held Spike closer to her.