• Published 13th Jul 2021
  • 5,246 Views, 208 Comments

Spike of the Talismans - Wildcard25



Spike discovers twelve magical talismans that give him powers like no other making him feel better about himself. But their original owner intends to take them back, even by force

  • ...
11
 208
 5,246

Dragon vs Dragon

As the Mane Six, Spike, Celestia, Luna, and Lo Pei stepped through the portal they found themselves in Ponyville, but to their shock was not the way they left it.

The ponies of the town were chained and shackled while the Shadowkhan were leading them around, “This is just like with Trixie all over again.” Twilight feared.

“Where's Shendu?” Spike wondered.

“Found him.” Pinkie said while looking around a corner.

The group looked and saw Shendu sitting on a throne while Big Mac held a big tray filled with apples on it up to him. Just below him were five ponies dressed in court jester outfits dancing for him. Two of them dance hoof in hoof, one was jumping and kicking their hind hooves together, another was down on one knee while moving their front legs together in a wavy motion, and the final one was doing an exotic dance.

“Dance, my jesters! Dance!” Shendu roared, as he fired heat beams from his eyes at them.

One of the beams almost singed one of the ponies tails, “Ow! Hot-hot-hot!”

“Dance!” Shendu ordered, as he looked ready to fire another beam of heat.

The ponies reluctantly stood side by side and performed a river dance. The group watched this, as Applejack spoke, “This just ain't right.”

“I know,” Rarity agreed, “Those jester outfits are just appalling.” Rarity received looks from the group and smiled sheepishly.

“Oh, children!” Shendu called, as the group looked and saw the CMC approach Shendu looking nervous.

“Applebloom.” Applejack gasped.

“What does he want with them?” Rarity asked in worry.

“Yes, Master Shendu?” Applebloom asked nervously.

“I have a very special task for you three little ones.” Shendu said.

“And that would be?” Sweetie Belle asked, as a Ninja Khan appeared holding three pairs of clippers.

“My talons need some trimming.” Shendu said sticking his feet out to the CMC.

The three fillies looked at Shendu's feet and talons horrified, while Scootaloo started to look green in the face, “I'm think I'm gonna be sick.” she told her friends.

“Do it!” Shendu hissed.

The CMC reluctantly took the three clippers, and were about to give Shendu's talons a trim, until, “Hold it!”

Shendu and the others looked seeing Spike, his friends, the royal sisters, and Lo Pei glaring in his direction, “You!” he hissed.

“Keep those disgusting talons away from our sisters!” Rarity demanded, as she and Applejack frowned at the bad dragon.

“Applejack!” Applebloom cheered.

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle smiled.

“Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo called.

Shendu got off his throne and stomped over to them, “Clearly you haven't learned your lesson about meddling in the affairs of those stronger than you.”

Spike stepped forward, “I've learned plenty. Like I don't need the talismans to fight you. All I need is my friends.” the girls stood by Spike proudly.

“A very amusing sentiment,” Shendu replied, “Sadly it will not matter.” he fired a blast of combustion at them, but they all dodged.

Lo Pei spoke to the others, “I'll need plenty of help to get my spell ready.”

“Then we'll free the captives.” Applejack offered.

“Leave the Shadowkhan to us.” Twilight said on behalf of herself, Celestia, and Luna.

Spike spoke, “Then I'm going for Shendu.”

“Not alone, you're not,” Rainbow flew at his side, “Let me be your wings here.”

Spike smiled, “Thanks, Rainbow.”

Lo Pei levitated the girls and Spike each a blow-fish medium to use, before they split up. Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy were freeing all the captive ponies, while the three princesses were flying around blasting at any of the Shadowkhan that were trying to stop them.

Spike got on Rainbow, “Let's take him!”

“On it!” Rainbow flew around Shendu who tried blasting her with heat beams and combustion, “Sorry, scaly, but you're looking at the fastest flyer in town.”

“Care to put that to the test?” Shendu said as he flew up and started flying after Rainbow.

Spike aimed his medium at Shendu and started blasting chi magic his way. Shendu dodged some of the blasts before finally getting nailed.

“Bulls-eye!” Spike cheered. Shendu regained altitude and growled, before firing more heat beams at the two, only to dodge.


Back on the ground Celestia and Luna used their combined magics to obliterate the Shadowkhan, giving the ponies a chance to rest.

“That's the end of them.” Luna told her sister.

“Yes, but we better act fast because Shendu becomes aware of the situation.” Celestia reminded her.

Twilight and her friends gathered the ponies together, “Listen up, everypony,” Twilight told them, “Lo Pei here has a way to defeat Shendu, but he'll need all of our help to do it.”

“What can we do?” Mayor Mare asked the wizard.

“Pass these around.” Lo Pei levitated white robes.

Back with Spike and Rainbow, the pegasus kept flying around as Spike blasted chi magic at Shendu. The bad dragon kept getting more irritated, “Enough of this!” he picked up speed and flew faster before appearing before the two.

Rainbow tried to pull up, but Shendu swatted her away causing Spike to fall off, “Spike!” she cried.

As Spike plummeted he was afraid of going splat, until suddenly he froze in mid air. At first he was relieved, until he saw the one keeping him from falling was Shendu who had had claw above Spike and used the rooster power to keep him airborne.

Shendu landed on the ground and spoke to the smaller dragon, “I never did properly thank you for returning my powers to me. Because now that I have them back I have so many ways to make you suffer.”

Spike was worried, until the two heard chanting approaching them. They saw Lo Pei, Celestia, Luna, the girls, and several Ponyville citizens wearing white robes. Some were carrying white waving flags, while three were banging on drums.

“Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao.” the ponies chanted.

“Wha-what is this?” Shendu asked in confusion.

Spike taking advantage of Shendu's confusion, spat fire at his eyes making him cry and lost focus on keeping Spike levitated. Spike landed on the ground as Shendu stumbled around covering his eyes. The purple dragon looked around before seeing one of Ponyville's banners laying down. He rushed over and grabbed on end tugging it tightly turning it into trip rope.

Shendu still blinded stumbled backwards and tripped over the rope and fell onto his back, “Yes!” Spike cheered.

Lo Pei whipped out two parchments with symbols written on them that began glowing as he chanted. The wizard sent a blast of chi magic from the parchments that struck Shendu who started glowing.

“What is happening to me?!” Shendu hissed.

“What is happenin' to him?” Applejack asked Lo Pei, as Spike and Rainbow joined them.

“Wait and see.” he answered.

They watched as Shendu's body started twisting, and suddenly the dragon was transformed into a circular statue of his body absent of his limbs and wrapped up in a swirl with his head in the center, leaving twelve slots in a semicircle under his head.

“NO!” Shendu hissed, before the statue fell over and twelve objects were flung from it.

The ponies cheered, as Twilight spoke to Lo Pei, “What happened?”

“I re-tweaked the spell the dragons and ponies used to defeat Shendu, by turning him to stone, and separated his powers into twelve talismans.”

The group looked and saw Lo Pei was right, on the ground were twelve new talismans possessing the powers like before.

As they approached the statue, Pinkie looked down at it, “This could make for a good decoration.” the statue's eyes glowed and hissed making her back away.

“I swear I will have my revenge, even if it takes another millenia!” Shendu hissed from his statue.

Spike scoffed, “You're a statue now, and this is a much better prison than your last one.”

“And for good measure.” Lo Pei used a paintbrush and black ink to write a symbol on the statue, “This will keep you from summoning any Shadowkhan in the future.

Celestia spoke to some guards, “Take it away.” the guards nodded, as they grabbed the statue and carried it off.

Spike sighed in relief, “We did it. All of us.”

“Like we always do.” Twilight smiled along side the rest of the girls.

“So now that Shendu is a statue, what about the talismans?” Rarity wondered, as they looked down at them.

“Should we hide them away again?” Fluttershy asked.

“It's the most logical thing to do,” Lo Pei confirmed, “However, they do belong to one who truly knows how to use them for the right reasons. To protect, not to harm.” he looked to Spike.

Spike looked flabbergasted, “What, really?”

“You've proven you are worthy of the talismans powers, Spike. I could think of no dragon better to have them. If you want them, that is.” Lo Pei answered.

Spike looked at the girls and the princesses who smiled letting him know they support his decision. Coming to one, he spoke to the wizard, “I accept the responsibility as their new wielder.”

“Very well.” Lo Pei said, as he used his magic on the talismans levitating them up.

The talismans formed a ring and glowed with magic before flying closer to Spike getting smaller and smaller until it was a mini ball of light that entered his body. Spike started glowing, as he spoke, “Yes!” he levitated up, “Together again!” he breathed his combustion fire above.

Spike touched down, as the girls gathered around him, “Congratulations, Spike.” Applejack nudged him.

“You were wonderful, darling.” Rarity pecked his cheek.

“That was awesome!” Rainbow cheered.

“Yay!” Fluttershy cheered.

“I'm so proud of you, Spike.” Twilight smiled.

“Same.” Spike replied.

“Shendu's defeated, and Spike's got his powers again. Let's party!” Pinkie cheered, until they noticed Ponyville was still a mess.

“Perhaps after we've cleaned up?” Celestia suggested.

“Quite so.” Luna agreed.

“Come on, we got work to do.” Twilight said, as they all pitched in to clean the town up.


After the clean up and partying, Spike and the girls returned to the castle for a sleepover after such a long day.

As the girls slept, Twilight noticed Spike looking out the window, “Spike. Are you ok?”

“Oh, hi, Twilight. I'm good. Just thinking about all that's happened today.”

“I know what you mean,” Twilight agreed feeling what Spike felt, “Shendu was a nasty enemy, but he never counted on our teamwork and friendship would be his downfall.”

Spike smiled, “Yeah. And with him gone, there's one less problem for Equestria.”

“With Shendu and the Shadowkhan gone, what might you use the talismans for now?” Twilight inquired.

“Mostly to help out my friends and others, while also keeping Ponyville and Equestria safe as well.” he answered.

Twilight smiled and hugged him, “The true words of a noble dragon.” Spike smiled, as he hugged her back.

Meanwhile in Tartarus, Shendu's statue was set up inside a cage among the various other cages housing some of Equestria's most dangerous of beasts and villains.

“SPIKE!!!!” Shendu roared.

Author's Note:

And that's a wrap here. Hope you enjoyed this little nostalgia trip to one of my old favorite cartoons with MLP.

Comments ( 23 )

you should do a sequel

So no Shendu's siblings coming to torture him for abandoning them?

is there gonna be another season of this?

Another ending to another amazing story. And what a trip down memory lane that was.

Though, I feel like we're missing something. Like how do we celebrate? A song? A dance? Or maybe a kiss from Rarity to her favorite noble dragon.

But still:

👏

11227844
Well, Rarity did give Spike a kiss as congratulations

11227845
I meant on the lips.

That was fun to read

It was fun while it lasted. Good story.

Good thing they didn't destroy Shendu in his statue form. That could have lead to some other problems.

Meanwhile in Tartarus, Shendu's statue was set up inside a cage among the various other cages housing some of Equestria's most dangerous of beasts and villains.

If there's gonna be a sequel to this story, I wonder if we're going to see a team-up with Shendu and the other MLP villains?

Shendu is a Fucking Loser and sorry a About my lang which but Glad spike got the talisMans back

I miss Jacky chan adventures. Good work on the story!
Shendu is a good villain wonder why no one uses his style and format I'm guessing he too simple and lacks more depth like u can search Shendu on this website and see a lack of content and canceled or hiatus.😑 Thank you for the story 😁

Chanting "Sequel!"

11227825

11228784

I really hope for a sequel too! Maybe add some other Jackie Chan villain’s who could make an attempt on either equestria or the talismans.

That was awesome!

Spike stepped forward, “I've learned plenty. Like I don't need the talismans to fight you. All I need is my friends.” the girls stood by Spike proudly.

Let the battle begin!

“Lave the Shadowkhan to us.” Twilight said on behalf of herself, Celestia, and Luna.

This is good, but I think you meant to right "Leave" not "Lave". sry just wanted to point out that typo. Really great job on the story.

This was a good story for Spike

is this story a stand -alone or will it have a sequel down the line?

It was a little entertaining, any chance we see a sequel with the other demons?

11658037
Fair enough :)

Login or register to comment