• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 6,259 Views, 278 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - Six Friends One Heart - Babroniedad



There is hope, there is love, and there is a reason to live. You are NOT alone. And Friendship REALLY is Magic!

  • ...
21
 278
 6,259

PreviousChapters Next
21 - Special Holidays - Five Former Friends

Five Former Friends

After the assembly, the students were instructed to return to their homerooms and wait for further instructions. Luna was hoping that the news, coupled with a chance to quietly reflect on what they had learned, might motivate the responsible parties to own up to their parts in the events.

Apparently that was not to be, so as instructed by Vice-Principal Luna, the teachers informed the students at the end of homeroom they were released for the day, and that their normally scheduled classes would resume the following morning.

Pinky rounded up her friends, suggesting they head to SugarCube Corner to talk about what they’d just heard. They all agreed, so the group adjourned to their favorite booth in the back corner of the bakery.

“We done goofed,” groaned Applejack, face hidden under her father’s battered Stetson. “We shoulda’ believed her, than none of this mess woulda happened.”

“We more than ‘done goofed’ AJ.,” sighed Rainbow Dash. “We left her hanging. I left her hanging. Tartarus sake, I left her out to dry. Some ‘element of loyalty’. I might as well have beaten her myself.” Rainbow hid her face in her hands and bowed her head. “How in the seven hells of tartarus am I ever gonna make it up to her?”

“...”

“I’m sorry Fluttershy. I couldn’t hear a word you said there dear. What was that?” asked Rarity, gently putting a hand on her friend's shoulder.

Pushing back a strand of her bright pink hair, Fluttershy looked meekly at her friends, then spoke again. “We can’t,” she stated softly, then looked back down to the table, wringing her hands in her lap.

Morosely, the friends continued to stare at the table in front of them, lost in their thoughts.

The bell above the door clanged, and three young girls entered the bakery. Looking around, they spied their sisters sitting at their usual booth. Heads hung low, they walked over and stood before them. Apple Bloom spoke up. “AJ?” she called out quietly. No response. “Applejack.” Nothing. Still clearly lost in thought, someplace else. “Sis!” she called out.

Applejack looked up. “Oh, hi girls,” she said, then looked back down at the table. A moment later, she looked back up. “Apple Bloom, what ya need girl? We’re kinda in the middle of somin’ here.”

The girls flinched. “Uhm.. yeah. AJ, we need to talk. We gotta tell ya’ll somin.”

The others all looked up. “What is it, dears?” asked Rarity.

“It was us,” stated Apple Bloom.

“We’re anon-a-miss,” added Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo just hung her head in shame.

The five friends gapped.

PreviousChapters Next