• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 6,148 Views, 278 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - Six Friends One Heart - Babroniedad



There is hope, there is love, and there is a reason to live. You are NOT alone. And Friendship REALLY is Magic!

  • ...
21
 278
 6,148

PreviousChapters Next
60 - End of the Beginning - Dear Twilight

Dear Twilight

I love you so much! Twilight, you are my forever friend!

Thinking back on everything that has happened, I’m filled with deep Peace.

No, seriously! After meeting Faust, and meditating on everything that has happened to me, by me, and through me, I really see Harmony’s Hand in this!

I was wretched. I tried to sow discontent and sorrow everywhere I went. I fooled myself into thinking it was some grand plan my superior intellect had concocted. But deep down, I always knew it was my bitterness striking out at happiness wherever I saw it. I was miserable. And even if I wouldn't admit it to myself, I wanted everyone else to be miserable too.

When I stole your crown, ‘thinking’ I would somehow ascend just by wearing it, I was fooling myself again. I was so jealous of you. I wanted what I felt you had taken, I wanted to be a Princess by Celestia’s side forever. Seeing you with your crown and as an Alicorn broke something in me. My jealousy and hatred ate at me, until my thoughts were so scrambled I really believed I could take everything you had earned just by placing that crown on my head.

I was a fool.

And when you and your friends (now my friends too, THANK YOU for that!) defeated me with the Harmony that was always yours, always in your heart…

It stripped all the lies from me Twilight. I have honestly never felt so naked and alone as I did that night, looking up to you from that hole. I knew in my heart what I had done. I was covered in naked shame, with the knowledge that everything I had done had been in hate and bitter jealousy. I had sown disharmony with every action. I was evil.

I had no right to expect or hope for anything but damnation. When I looked up to you, when I told you I didn’t know there was another way, the last thing I expected from you was forgiveness. Twilight, when you reached out to me, when you pulled me up from that pit, and introduced me to the girls who are now OUR friends, you changed my life! Forever. Forever Twilight. You saved my soul! You were my saviour in that moment Twilight, and I am and will be FOREVER grateful to you for that.

Twilight Sparkle, APBFF, I owe you my life! Thank you!

Hehe. (Alicorn Princess Best Friend Forever!)

Knowing all that, and after what Faust shared with me, I can see Harmony working through everything that has happened to me. I see how my suffering has affected everyone around me, and how by the way I face my trials, others around me are empowered to face theirs.

Trixie finally knows peace and forgiveness, and can grow and move on from her part in this.

Dust found a reason to hope, and I hope has finally found peace.

Celestia has a healed heart. The hole in her heart has been made whole. Who knew it was shaped like a Sunset?

Luna has been a kindred spirit. In helping me to overcome my sorrows, she has been strengthened in her own battles. She really is a kindred soul.

The others are works in progress. But the work isn’t mine, it is Harmony’s. I am just her willing and grateful servant, happy to do whatever she needs, wherever she needs, knowing that I am helping others just as others helped me.

It fills me with such joy to say that!

And most of all, I‘ve realized that sometimes, even when life is at it darkest, the only thing left for me to do is face what’s before me, with a joyful heart. With my friends when I can. With Harmony herself always.

When I come to those places, and there are many now, where I can’t see a way around the hard road ahead, I know…

The only way out is through. And onward!

Your friend forever, Sunset Shimmer.

PreviousChapters Next