• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 6,291 Views, 278 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - Six Friends One Heart - Babroniedad



There is hope, there is love, and there is a reason to live. You are NOT alone. And Friendship REALLY is Magic!

  • ...
21
 278
 6,291

Chapters Next
1 - Prologue - In Medias Res

Author's Note:

This story contains graphic descriptions of Suicide and Violence. The topics dealt with in this story are often hard to hear. And while I hope you find this story entertaining and enjoyable, these topics are anything but.

I conceived of this story while reflecting on my own. A few years after MLP came out, my youngest daughter and I fell in love with Twilight and her friends, and I suffered from an illness that left me paralysed from the chest down.

While working through my grief and loss, a well meaning soul referred me to a story where the protagonist was traumatically paralysed, and in working through his loss, realized he had no reason to live and killed himself.

This had a profound effect on me, and led me to become suicidal myself. I’m sure that was not this person's intent in showing me the story, but that is the reason I am not linking it here.

I got help. I found support, and with the help of my friends and supporting resources, I was able to crawl out of the ‘hole’ I had fallen into and reclaim my life. So know - I do not believe taking that shortcut to eternity is the answer. And if you find yourself thinking that I BEG you to get help. NOW. Make that call, send that email. Reach out! You are NOT alone!

Visit the https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ website, or call their hotline at 800-273-8255. Don’t put it off. Your life MATTERS!

So this is my answer to the nightmare I traveled, my love letter to anyone else making that journey. There is hope, there is love, and there is a reason to live. You are NOT alone.

And Friendship REALLY is magic!

B.A.Broniedad

Cover art found at https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/870798-my-little-pony-equestria-girls still looking for attribution.

Woo hoo! Featured on it's first day - 26 March 2021! Yay! :pinkiehappy:

Prologue - In Medias Res

Chapters Next