• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 6,154 Views, 278 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - Six Friends One Heart - Babroniedad



There is hope, there is love, and there is a reason to live. You are NOT alone. And Friendship REALLY is Magic!

  • ...
21
 278
 6,154

PreviousChapters Next
4 - Prologue - Pinkie Pie

Pinky Pie

The bell over the door at SugarCube Corner tinkled. A young woman entered, back pack in hand. She dug through it, looking for something. “Ah, there it is! Knew I still had some.” She pulled out a golden coin, walking up to the counter.

“Hello dear, welcome to SugarCube Corner!” cheerfully greeted a plump older lady, with a bit of flour in her hair. “How can I help you?”

“Hi Mrs. Cake. Have you seen Pinky? I need to ask her a few questions about Sunset,” replied the girl. “Also may I please have a mocha latte, and a twist?” She placed the coin on the counter.

Eying the coin, the lady's eyes widened. “Oh Twilight! I haven’t seen you around in a while. Yes, Pinky’s working today. She’s helping Mr. Cake with some baking in the kitchen. I’ll let her know you’re here.” Looking at the coin on the counter, she smiled. “Still having issues with currency, eh? Don’t worry dear. You’re good for it.” She laughed, pushing the gold coin back to Twilight.

“What? That’s right, right? Isn’t it enough? Did I do it wrong?” asked Twilight, confused, as she picked the coin up. “I thought I figured this out last time.” Shaking her head, she placed the coin back in her backpack.

“Never change dear!” smiled Mrs. Cake. She placed Twilight's order on the counter, then walked back into the kitchen.

Talking her order to an open table, Twilight removed a scroll, quill and inkwell and started writing. “Checklist. I need a checklist. Have to prioritize, first things first. One. Create a checklist. Check.” Tongue in cheek, Twilight scratched off the first item. “Next, talk to the girls. First Pinky.” The quill scratched across the parchment.

“Hi Twilight! Wacha doing?” asked Pinky, her head over Twilight’s shoulder watching her write.

“Gah! Wah!” Twilight lept from her seat and stumbled, knocking the scroll across the table. A quick grab by Pinky saved the coffee as Twilight fell sideways.

Looking up from the floor, Twilight gasped. “Pinky! How? Where? Ugh! Don’t do that! How do you always manage to sneak up on me?”

“I didn’t sneak up on you, silly!” chirped Pinky, helping her up and into her seat, and passing her latte back. “I was standing right here! But you seemed so oblivious, I decided to wait and see what you were writing!”

Leaning into Twilight's face, she asked. “So, whatcha writing?”

“Uh. Yeah. Checklist. Writing a checklist. Check.” Twilight shook her head, then focused. “Pinky, have you seen Sunset lately? I got some really distressing messages from her and I’m really worried about her.”

Pinky’s face fell, and her hair went flat. “Sunset? No. We don’t talk to her. She’s a meany mc-meany pants! And a secret stealer! We just leave her alone now.”

“What?! No, wait. What? Pinky no, that’s not possible! Not Sunset. What are you talking about? She would never do that! What’s going on?” Twilight quickly stowed the ink quill and scroll away. “Pinky, please tell me that Sunset is okay. This is important! I need to know right now, what’s going on?”

Pinky sat across from Twilight, and told her exactly what happened.

PreviousChapters Next