• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 405 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 405

Chapter Nine: The aftermath of Tutor-Bot, progression of the day.

Applebloom rummaged through the scrap that was once Tutor-Bot and saw the burnt remains of his emotional AI chip. She then picked it up and clutched it tight to her chest while sobbing, a few stray tears tapping onto the ruined passionate chip as Applebloom saw a part of her reflection in the still shiny piece of the chip metal staring back at her. "He was incredible. I'll be the best that I can be... for him. It's what he would have wanted for us."

"Rainbow," Scootaloo said to get her attention.

"What's up, squirt?"

"Next time you see that lousy Doctor. Give him a rainboom rush for us!"

"You got it. I'll send him off into orbit. And who knows, maybe you'll be there to watch."

"Awesome!" Scootaloo nuzzled her head up to Rainbow in the form of affection as she returned the gesture in kind.

"Oh, ponyfeathers! I forgot about Ms. Cheerlie. I'll be right back." Rainbow prepared her wings and took flight.


Rainbow then flew off to where she first caught both Decoe and Bocoe. She looked in the bushes to see her still squirming in the burlap sack they trapped her in and trying to talk as the gag muffled her complaints. "I got you, don't worry. I'm sorry this happened to you." Rainbow then took the bag off her body and ungagged her as she stretched her limbs.

"What in the name of Equestria just happened? Where are the tots? Are they okay? What was that strange creature that knocked me out?" Questions were flying out at Rainbow as Cheerlie was understandably panicked.

"Woah there. Calm down. It was a robot made by the Doc. But he wasn't a bad robot." Rainbow said to her as she ran over as fast as possible to the Schoolhouse. "I'll explain everything to you, Okay?"

"Sure, while we're on our way will suffice. What happened?"

"Dr. Bruner wanted to brainwash the colts and fillies with his propaganda for his new utopia while using Tutor-Bot as his proxy to do the job. But Tutor-Bot never wanted to harm anyone; he only wanted to help others succeed." Rainbow explained as she continued, "All he ever really wanted was a friend. The Doc forced him to fight me, knowing he was no match for me, most likely because the Tutor-Bot had failed in his mission."

"Oh... That doesn't sound very pleasant. And did you... Well, you know?"

"I didn't have a choice, and neither did he. He used his love for his new friends as his only last wall of resistance against the Doc. I could see it in his robotic eyes. He wanted me to end him so the Doc wouldn't detonate him. I knew what had to be done, and so did he, so I did my best to make it quick for him."

"He was only doing what he was built to do: Teaching. I guess I can't hold that against him." Cheerlie somberly said upon discovery that Tutor-Bot never intended to put anybody's life at risk.

"Well, the important thing is that the Doc's plan was scrambled. And if he ever returns- which I know he will eventually, we'll always be ready to send him flying back to that lab of his."

"Wouldn't that get boring after a while, though?" Cheerlie asked with a raised eyebrow to Rainbow as they both saw the Schoolhouse come into view.

"What? No. It's always fun to kick evil butt! I'll make it my new job in the world, just for the Doc."


"We heard a huge explosion coming from here. Is everypony okay?" Twilight said as she and Spike rushed over along with Rarity and Applejack.

Applejack saw her sister crying and quickly said, "Hey, sugarcube, what's wrong, little filly? Talk to me."

"Oh, Applejack. It's just terrible. This tall figure tried to use a robot to force us to learn to accept him. But in truth, all that robot ever wanted was to have a friend."

"Tall figure? Robot? That sounds like Dr. Bruner to me. What did that varmint do? Where is he now?"

"He's gone; he left after he destroyed our new friend."

"New friend? Applebloom, you realize that anything that guy makes can not and should never be considered a friend." Just then, Rainbow and Cheerlie rushed to the scene to explain.

"No, Applejack, she's right. He was cool. He didn't want to do what he was made for; he truly cared for these guys and accepted his end to keep the school from being destroyed by the Doc. I witnessed it myself, and I was the one that had to destroy him." Rainbow said to clarify things with Applejack.

"Is that so? Oh. It shows that not every created robot from that Doctor is bad, just misunderstood. Now I kinda feel bad for thinking the worst." Applebloom then hugged her big sis.

"Don't worry about it. You didn't know, sis. And I won the test. I got a ninety-eight percent."

"I got a ninety-eight too, you know, Applebloom. We both were in a tie-breaker round, and Applebloom won a ticket from Tutor-Bot." Scootaloo pointed out that she was also pleased about her friend's victory.

"That's great, you guys. And... a ticket? What kind of ticket?"

"Take a look for yourself, Sis." Applebloom showed her ticket to her big sister; her grin turned wide quickly.

"Land sakes, Sugarcube, he just gave us an official ticket to this season's Grand Galloping Gala?! You're kidding me?"

"Nope. I'm unsure how he managed to get this, but he did. Now, we can rack in so many bits for our labor. This'll be great."

"You darn tootin' it will be. We can now afford all the plywood and paint supplies needed for our barn repair. Yee-haw!" Applejack was cheering and kicking her legs out in happiness at that prospect.

"Well, so long as everyone's okay. That's what matters. I still find it difficult to believe, darlings. Is one of those Doctor's machines being good? But then again, seeing is believing, and it looks like this was the case."

Rarity said as if affirming her beliefs and contemplating what had just happened. Then, to the Crusaders' surprise, Diamond approached them to say something they never expected.

"Hey, Applebloom. I know that Tutor-Bot and I never really got along. But what I saw... that was seriously messed up. He didn't deserve that."

"D-Diamond?! What's with the sudden attitude change?"

"Well, I do not always feel like this, so don't expect this to become a habit. But nopony ever deserves to be manipulated, then threatened like that." Diamond got that bit out with albeit some minor difficulty.

"It's fine, Diamond. I know you liked having him around, deep down. And... thanks for trying to help to console me."

"After today, we're returning to hating each other's guts. This is only a temporary truce between us."

"That's fine. Even though I wish it weren't, It's sad how things should be anyway."

Diamond then walked away, thinking, ' if only I could tell her... If only we could be friends. Maybe one day, when my mother no longer cares about them, I can do that.'

Diamond looked back briefly before she tilted her head up in an arrogant and haughty posture to keep up appearances. "Come on, Silver Spoon. Let's leave these blank flank losers behind."

Applejack scowled at them, "Up-tight, no good, varmints. I don't blame Diamond for her bigoted mother and elitist mentality. The poor girl's mind is getting poisoned by biased hatred. That's going to work against her one of these days."

"Yeah. I know, Sis. I think she's still a nice pony underneath it all. I have a feeling that she'll come around someday." Applebloom was confident in her beliefs for Diamond.


Once school was over and everypony went home, Twilight walked back home with Spike. "It would have been great to reform him- that Tutor-Bot. Imagine what potential he could have had for the benefit of Equestria. It's sad; some of the Doctor's robots are quite neat. Too bad he'd rather use his skills for evil instead of good."

"Yeah. I hear you, Twilight. But what can you do? You can't control what someone else chooses to do." Spike said with a sad smile.

"I know, Spike. I know. One mare can dream, can't she, though?"

"I guess so." Spike and Twilight went back to their home as they went to look over Twilight's list for that day.


Meanwhile, at the Doctor's Everfree Base...

"I narrowly escaped them only because of their stupid little morals. Why can none of my plans ever succeed?" The Doctor griped to himself as he passed back and forth across his metallic floor. "I'll need more time to plan my next scheme. It will be successful. I'll be sure to consider every variable in my plan."

"Of course, Doctor. So then, any ideas on your next scheme?" Decoe asked the Doctor.

"If re-educating the youth didn't work, I may be doing everything wrong. The art of war is often won through deception." He momentarily contemplated, "I could always try to take advantage of the naiveté of those wealthy misers and political officials to move waves within my new rule. Or, I could make a robot that can disguise itself as a guard to enter their castle to blend in and gather intel back to me. Casing the joint so I may find some weaknesses within its structure."

"Both sound like viable alternatives, Doctor," Bocoe said.

"Why not try one, then try the other if the first fails?" Decoe suggested.

"Hmm? Which one should I try first since this was your idea, Decoe?"

"Oh? I-I guess the disguised robot would be the least strong of the two plans and might even gain us some leeway to planning."

"Hmm... I like the way your robotic mind ticks, Decoe." In a moment of gratitude, the robotic brother dances at gaining the Doctor's favor.

"Then my newest machine will be a chameleon-series mech. This new number will be fueled on magic and be able to change its form to whatever it can scan."

"Brilliant, Doctor. This will fool them."

"However, It can only scan lifeforms in regular pony size. So, nothing bigger nor smaller can do."

"That should still work, Doc. It'll be easy as they're probably too stupid to be able to tell the difference." Decoe said to the Doctor, who chuckled.

"Heh. Yeah. They think that they've got me down pat, eh? We'll see about that." The light glistened off of the Doctor's glasses as they covered his eyes as he grinned at his new plan.


At Canterlot Castle, they were preparing for Cadence's Wedding. Celestia and Luna were assembling everything with the help of their advisors. "All advisors, front and center, please," Celestia said as the five advisors came to her call. One of them looked a bit... off to Celestia, but she didn't overthink it. "Alright then, everypony, this wedding is fast approaching, and we must get everything ready for Princess Cadence's arrival."

"Yes, ma'am," they all said in unison as she nodded.

"Very good. The wedding is tomorrow, and we're taking today to prepare everything, so we'll be set." Then, she saw the strange one's eyes flash for a millisecond before the robot's gaze returned to normal and faced Celestia. Her eyes squinted in suspicion, but she only had that and nothing else. "Alright then, I'm counting on everypony here. Make me proud!"