• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 405 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 405

Chapter Seven: You can always tell with a tutor-bot, the doctor's next plan.

It was the evening for Equestria; after the race with the doctor and Rainbow Dash, everything seemed to be settled for a time. Rainbow woke up from her nap as she stretched in her bed. "Well, at least I feel better. I will be more cautious now, that's for sure." Rainbow then jumped out of bed and stepped outside; she looked over to Twilight's treehouse and flew there.

When she landed on the doorstep, she knocked to let Twilight know she was there. The door opened up to reveal Twilight there. "Oh, Rainbow. Are you feeling better now? I hope so."

"Yeah. I am a bit. Can I come in to hang with you?"

"Sure, you can. I'll get some warm tea ready."

"Thanks, Twilight. I am in the mood for some tea."


Meanwhile, at the Doctor's Everfree Base...

"It's unbelievable how I've lost again. But what if I was going about everything the wrong way? Maybe all that's needed is to educate the minds of the youth, one place at a time. Get them to accept me as their new ruler." The doctor then stroked his beard as he came up with a plan. "Yes, I'll create a robot that can teach them all about the glory of the Bruner Empire."

"That's great, Doctor!" Bocoe said

"So, what'll its name be?" Decoe asked.

"I'll call him Tutor-bot, a simple yet effective name." The doctor said, "his job will be straightforward as their minds are also simple; keep them only as intelligent as I want them to be."

"Well, that shouldn't be too difficult to do, Doctor."

"Precisely, my robotic companions!" The doctor was making his newest robot for the evening, ready for the next day.


Rainbow sipped the warm tea and sighed satisfactorily, "Oh boy, this is nice. I don't normally drink tea, but this stuff is pretty good."

"I'm glad you think so, Rainbow. This tea was ordered from Canterlot; Celestia had some and wanted me to try it, so I see no reason why I can't share it."

"Well, I am feeling a bit better. Thanks for this, Twilight."

"Not a problem. If you want, you can sleep here tonight. Spike and I might be up for a bit longer."

"Well, slight problem with that, Twilight. I'd have to decline that offer as I already had rested, so I guess I'll be headed back home after tea."

"That's alright, Rainbow. If you ever need to come here, you know where here is."

"Yeah, totally, Twi. Thanks again for being there for me; I appreciate it."

"It's no problem at all; come back anytime you'd like- at a reasonable time, of course."

"Sure thing. Cya, Twilight, Spike." Rainbow then finished her tea, got up, set the cup on the table next to her, and left. She flew up towards her home.


The next morning, she approached as everyone woke up to start their day. Twilight wasn't in the mood for that; she wanted to sleep instead. "Hey, Twilight? You were up all night reading again, weren't you?"

"Grughh... No. Five more minutes, please." Came the irritated reply from the tired unicorn.

"Yep. You've been up all night again. Twilight, what am I going to do with you?" Spike decided just to let her sleep in as there was no point in rousing her when she was like this. "Well, I'll make breakfast when you wake up."


"But I don't wanna go to school for that dumb test, Applejack."

"Like it or not, filly, that's where you're going. If I gotta lasso you over there and make you go, you're going to school, missy."

"Hmph." Applebloom then folded her forehooves as she had a chip on her shoulder. Realizing that there was no getting out of it, she complied.

"It won't be that bad. And besides, I can make you a tasty apple cake when you return, Applebloom." Applebloom then raced to school; she didn't waste any time then. "Heh, love you too, sis."


"You gotta go to school, Squirt. That's how you're going to be awesome, like me." Rainbow said to cheer up Scootaloo.

"Yeah. I know I won't like it, but it's gotta be done."

"That's a good attitude to have. Sometimes, to be awesome, you gotta do what you gotta do, even if what you gotta do ain't pleasant."

"Yeah, I get it. I'll ace this test; you watch." Scootaloo then went to the schoolhouse to meet up with everyone.


"Ugh. Yeah, yeah, I'll go to school, Sis."

"You better, Sweetie, darling. You need your education, and making friends there is also important."

"Or you want me out of your mane for a little while." Rarity frowned at Sweetie Belle. "Well, it's true, sis."

"Sweetie Belle, get going, okay? And if those two bratty girls ever mess with you, remember to talk to Ms. Cheerlie about it."

"Yes, Sis." Sweetie Belle said as she went to school to begin her day.


All three crusaders then met eyes as they rushed over to each other. "Hey, Scootaloo, Applebloom. How're you guys?" Sweetie Belle waved over to her two friends as they waved back in unison.

"We're here; I guess that's what's important. So you ready for that test, Sweetie?" Applebloom asked.

"No. But, like it or not, it has to be done. Math is not my greatest subject, but it's not my worst."

"Well, let's go, guys. The test awaits." Scootaloo says to her friends as the trio enters the schoolhouse.


Five minutes before class begins...

"Why, hello there; you seem lost. Can I help you with anything?" Ms. Cheerlie asked as she approached what appeared to be a robot with a graduation cap and gown as decoration on his body. He wheeled himself into the room, and he exclaimed to her with a robotic yet cheerful voice.

"Why yes, I'll be usurping your position as an instructor for today, madam."

"I-I'm sorry, what? No, will you not-" A tranquilizer dart was shot into her neck, cutting her off mid-sentence as she collapsed onto the schoolhouse floor. "Y-You... b-bucket of b-bolts... ugh."

"Nighty night, and please, do not take this personally." Then, Dr. Bruner, Decoe, and Bocoe stood there next to the Tutor-Bot as her eyes closed, and she drifted off to sleep.

"Those little brats are headed right for this building. Tutor-Bot, do your work!"

"Aye, aye, Doctor." Tutor-Bot then saluted the doctor as he got ready for class. Decoe and Bocoe then wrapped up Cheerlie in a large burlap bag and put a gag in her mouth so she'd be mute. They tied up the load but left holes in it so she could breathe.

"Alright, you two. Dispose of the garbage for me, won't you?" The doctor dismissively waved his hand away to order them to complete their task.

"Yes, Doctor Bruner, sir!" Bocoe said as both robot brothers left through the back, lifted her away, and hid her in some bushes, facing away from the schoolhouse, so nobody got suspicious.

"Perfect. I'll leave everything in your capable hands, Tutor-Bot." The doctor then left from the back door as going out through the front would gather too much attention.


fast-forward to the present...

"Well, let's go, guys. The test awaits." Scootaloo says to her friends as the trio enters the schoolhouse. As she pushed open the doors, she was greeted with a surprise; instead of Ms. Cheerlie, there was a robot in her stead. "Huh? Who's this?"

"Why hello and good morning, my lovely students. I'll substitute for Ms. Cheerlie today as she's not feeling quite like herself." The robot then adjusted his red bowtie, cleared his robotic throat, and humbly welcomed his students. "I love my job." He muttered under his breath.

"Well... okay then. We gotta finish school; it doesn't matter who teaches us." Scootaloo reasoned as every colt and filly filled up the room.

"Exactly. I couldn't agree more with you. One moment while I scan you for identification." Tutor-Bot then flashed a transparent blue light on her as he finished. "Results completed! Name Scootaloo. Race: Pegasus. Personality: Courageous, adventurous, and bold. Thank you for joining us today, Scootaloo. Please have a seat, and we'll begin shortly."

"Right then, mister."

"Please, call me Tutor-Bot. Everyone else does."

"He's too cheerful; even Ms. Cheerlie isn't that happy to do her job. I don't like him." Applebloom said as he looked over to the three Crusaders and waved happily to them as they waved back nervously.

"So what's with the tin can wear the funny hat? Did Ms. Cheerlie finally get tired of doing her job?" Diamond Tiara said as she scoffed as she and Silverspoon went to their seats. He glared over at her with a perceived frown as he wheeled his way around to her.

"Initializing scan for identification." The blue light shone over her for a few seconds before it vanished, "Results completed! Name: Diamond Tiara. Race: Earth Pony. Personality: Spoiled Rotten. Judging by your lineage, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Tutor-Bot said the words spoiled rotten in a more drawn-out and dramatic tone.

"I'm sorry. Do you know who you're talking to, you metallic numbskull?"

"I take it back, girls. I think he's pretty cool." Applebloom said to her friends after his jest towards Diamond Tiara.

"Threats mean nothing to me, young lady. Do I have to arrange a parent-teacher conference for your inability to be considerate towards your peers?"

"Just do your job, and we'll get along just fine, Okay?" She leered at him as he was still just as cheerful as ever.

"Absolutely. That's what I was built for." He wheeled himself to the front of the class to begin his lesson. "Alrighty, class. This is a math test, unfortunately. I know that's not too great, but your teacher kept catching me up on everything I needed to know." The students all had groans of disapproval upon the mention of the word math.

He then opened up his chest like a cabinet as smaller drones came out, held the tests' papers, and dropped them onto each table. Every colt and filly was looking at the smaller drones with looks of awe and wonderment. "For this test, there shall be no time limit. You're doomed to failure when you're pressured to succeed, which I will never condone for my class."

"This isn't your class; this is Cheerlie's," Diamond muttered.

"Unnecessary comments from the peanut gallery will be both acknowledged and reprimanded. Now, please, no talking during the test unless you require a restroom break."

All she could do was glare at him hatefully. Diamond and Tutor-Bot didn't get along, but it was mostly one-sided. "The test shall begin... right now! Good Luck, and may you all get perfect scores." The Crusaders just giggled in Diamond's general direction as she groaned in aggravation from not having things done her way.


"Alright then, Bocoe, is she completely concealed?" Decoe asked his robotic brother.

"She is, indeed, bro—no possible chance of being seen. Hey, look, it's that Rainbow pony from yesterday. Uh oh." Bocoe said as he looked nervous in Decoe's direction.

"Try to remain hidden, okay? If we can't see her, she can't see us." Decoe stated as they both tried to ignore Rainbow.

"Hey, you two! What're you up to, huh? You thought that I wouldn't notice, eh?"

"U-Uh... hey there, Rainbow Dash. No, everything's fine, just fine. The doctor isn't here with us; we're out for a day on the town." Bocoe said to try to maintain their bluff.

"Uh-huh. Sure you are. You're out for a day in the town... behind the schoolhouse, trying to hide something in the bushes. Do I look stupid to you two?"

"Are we supposed to answer that?" Decoe asked Rainbow.

"No! And if you do, I'll play airborne soccer with your heads." They both gulped and then came clean.

"We're sorry. It was all the doctor's planning. We're just carrying out his orders. We swear." They both say together, bowing and on their knees, begging for mercy.

"What is the doc planning? Tell me everything you know right now!" Rainbow was trying to probe them for information as the young may very well be in trouble.