• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 405 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 405

Chapter Twelve: The Canterlot Wedding (Part three)

The assembly was completed as the steel curtains lifted, and Luna saw his giant mech suit. "Ooh... look at you, Doctor." Luna was gawking at the case in amazement. "Chrysalis won't stand a chance now! Huzzah!"

"Accompany me or not. I honestly don't care, but I want you out of my base!"

"Fine then, I shall." Luna then flew up onto his shoulder and tagged along with him. "I'm here to make sure you don't kill anypony."

"Just don't get in my way, and you have nothing to fear from me." The shutter door opened as he deployed his mechsuit body and journeyed towards Canterlot. Drones were trying to rush them as he fired a volley of guided heat-seeking missiles. They whistled as they hit each one, making them all fall and hit the ground with soft and meaty thuds.

"Okay. I have to admit, that was pretty cool."

"Hmph. Of course, they were cool; I designed them to be cool."

"Manners cost nothing, you know. A simple thank you wouldn't have gone amiss."

"I'm only polite to my allies, not my foes."

"Well, like it or not, we're both allies now. So deal with it, Doctor."

"This is only a temporary truce; understand that, Princess. I'm not doing this because I care. I'm doing this because I stand up for my empire's honor."


"Ugh... my head. W-Where am I? C-Cadence? Is that you? Oh my goodness, it is. I'm so sorry that this happened."

"I-It's fine, Twily. She had everypony fooled."

"Who is she anyway?"

"Queen Chrysalis. She comes from a race known as the Changelings. They feed off of positive emotions to stay alive and to get stronger. Love magic is the strongest of positive emotions, Twilight."

"Right, I can see why she targeted you," Twilight muttered as she looked up to Cadence and hugged her. "This is looking pretty bad, Cadence. I'm not sure that we'll be able to win this."

"Don't say that, Twilight. Where there's love, there's hope."

"I hope you're right, Cadence, for the sake of our home."


Chrysalis approached Celestia in her cocoon-bound form, "So then, Celestia—time to rub it in. You were so fooled; you had no idea that it was Shining's magic that prevented my children from entering. The only reason why I could get in was that I disguised myself as that stupid love princess."

"Mmmpth!" Celestia was muffling in aggression as she was helplessly suspended into the cocoon.

"And what makes this even more delicious? Shining was such a banquet of love energy that I had more magic in me than you could handle. I picked the right moment to strike when your guard was down, and you were most vulnerable."

"Mmmpth..." Celestia muffled in forlorn protest as her eyes became saddened at the thought that Equestria was finished.

"That's right, Celestia. I won. And now, I shall rule all of Equestria. And look," she picks up Celestia's crown, "a new trophy for my conquest; how very thoughtful. Thank you, Princess." Chrysalis was tittering in delight at hearing Celestia's whines and sobs of defeat as she was immobile and powerless and forced to watch everything unfold. "I'll be sure to take good care of it."


The elements, minus Twilight, were fighting off the changelings as they were surrounded. "Right, okay. We should have listened to Twilight. Maybe then this wouldn't have happened." Rainbow said that as the army moved in, they had no choice but to fight.

"Yeah, we'll apologize once we find her; now, let's kick some bad guy flank!" Applejack yelled out as she back-kicked one and sent it flying towards the crowd. But try as they might, there were too many of them as they formed together and spat out their green goo; one glob smacked into Rarity's body as she shrieked.

"No! This stuff is in my mane. Eww, eww, eww!" Rarity was glued to the ground as she struggled. Fluttershy rushed to her aid.

"I got you, Rarity- Oh?!" Fluttershy got plastered by their goo as she was stuck to Rarity with an embarrassed huff. "O-Oh... dear."

"You tried your best, Darling." Rarity said to lift her spirits.

"Pinkie. Now would be a good time for your crazy hoo-hah." Rainbow said as she looked over to see Pinkie's legs wiggling out of a sizable glob of changeling goo and sighed. "Right. Of course, you'd be stuck, too. Because really, why not?"

"I guess this just leaves us, Rainbow. Back to back." Applejack said.

"Fighting impossible odds together as friends. Oh yeah!" Rainbow said as she and Applejack did their best to fight them off.


The Doctor and Luna were en route to the usurped castle as more changelings ambushed them. "Doctor! Look out!" A glob of their goo hit his chest plate as the mechanical hand peeled it off like a web and then flicked it away like a booger.

"Whoever was the one that shot that, you'll be the first to get mangled." That changeling hissed as he charged the Doctor, only for his mechanical arms to grab him mid-flight and hold him by his head as he struggled. "So, you're the first one to die, huh? Nice enough for you to volunteer; I'll crush your skull like a grape." The more pressure he applied, the more the changeling cried in pain and kicked in desperation for freedom.

"Doctor! Stop it! You'll kill him if you do that!" Luna yelled at him as he then let him go.

"Today's your lucky day. Get out of my sight, you vermin, before I change my mind!" The changeling nodded furiously as he bolted for the sky, clutching his head from the ordeal.

"That was too mean, Doctor. There was no reason to take it that far."

"If you show your enemies mercy, they tread all over you." Luna then scanned her surroundings and grinned.

"Good news, I have located the magical signatures of both Cadence and Twilight. It's coming from over there, at that mountainside."

"Then let's get digging! Excavation module, activate!" His left mech hand morphed into a steel drill, drilling a hole through the rocky surface.


"We'll have to find a way out of here, Cadence. Can you stand up?" Twilight asked her friend next to her.

"Yes, I can, Twilight. But r-running is out of the question. That horrible bug queen bled me dry."

"Ponyfeathers. Well, I'll carry you over my shoulders then." Twilight lifted Cadence onto her back and brought her to a room with loads of geodes of lime crystals, each one forming a picture of Chrysalis.

"Whatever you two are planning, don't bother. There's no hope for your pathetic little kingdom anymore. I made sure of that myself."

"We'll find a way out of here; just wait. And once we do. You'll be sorry." Twilight said in defiance.

"So, I was listening to your little speech out of boredom. It's amusing, I'll admit. Goodbye for now. I've got a kingdom to conquer." The queen cackled as her face vanished from the crystals that hung around the cavernous room.

"She's starting to bug me. No pun intended, Cadence."

"It was a pretty good one, Twilight- Wait a minute. Is that... drilling, I hear? Where is it coming from?" Cadence listened for it as the sound got closer, "Over there, Twilight. At that wall."

"I hear it, too. And there are voices... Luna and... someone else."

"I'm placing a charge into the cavity to breach the wall open. Stand clear, Luna!" The muffled voice sounded familiar to Twilight; then, she knew who was with her and scowled.

"Oh no, Cadence. It's him. Doctor Bruner."

"Who's that, Twilight?"

"Unfortunately, you're about to meet him." Twilight heard the beeping of a bomb as she rushed away from the wall. As fast as she could. The bomb then went off.

KA-BOOM!

A gigantic hole was created, sunlight bled into the caves as a mechanical hand gripped the cave wall, and the Doctor and Luna entered the interior. "You two, let's go and save this stupid kingdom so I can return to trying to seize it."

"Nice to see you too, Doctor." Twilight scowled at the Doctor, who did the same in return.

"So, I think it's safe to say you both know each other."

"Yes, we do!" They both said at the same time to Cadence.

"Well then, Let's follow Luna and the Doctor, Twilight. Unless you've got a better plan." Cadence then left the caves, shielded her eyes from the sunlight as she breathed in the fresh air, and sighed in relief. "Sweet freedom, Twilight. And it feels incredible. Let's stop Chrysalis and save my wedding and my Shiny-Bear!" Cadence cheered as the heroic convoy made their way to the front gates of the castle entrance.


"Okay, Rainbow! I think this is as far as we can go. These nasty critters are too much to handle." Applejack said as she was getting exhausted.

"I hate to say it, but I think you're right, AJ. This is going to bruise my pride, alright." Rainbow and Applejack were then assaulted by a wave of their goo and glued with the rest of their friends like a sticky green net and were lifted off the ground and brought into the ballroom.

"Well, it looks like the pathetic recusancy was finally captured. Good!" Chrysalis giggled like a filly at her triumphant moment, "Stick them onto the wall over there, next to Celestia."


The Doctor, Twilight, Luna, and Cadence were on their way to the Royal Ballroom, fighting through the hordes of changelings that charged them. "Is this seriously the best that these little bugs can do? I'm disappointed." The Doctor said as he picked one up and punched it away into the nearest wall.

"Yes. Because those guys versus someone in a gigantic mech suit is fighting fair, huh?" Twilight shot back to the Doctor.

"Well, you can't argue with the results, can you?" The Doctor had a smug look on his face as they were now at the ballroom entrance.


"If only Mother Metamorphosis could see me now, she'd be proud." Chrysalis squinted her eyes as she saw the doors to the ballroom forced open and a giant mechanical monster holding a changeling in its hand. As it let him go, the changeling looked terrified as he flew over and hugged the queen.

"My q-queen. M-Monster... that thing is a metallic monster. We cannot stop it."

"What is the meaning of this? Who're you?"

"One word: Pissed! You have transgressed against the Bruner Empire and are now considered an enemy." The Doctor readied his arms and weapons, "Surrender now, and maybe I'll offer you some mercy."

"You think you're in a position to be demanding anything from me?" The queen snapped angrily. Celestia was delighted to see the Doctor for once. "My enforcer, your queen needs you." Then, a vast and muscled changeling strides into the fray to size up the giant mech.

"So, you have a bigger bug to fight me, eh? Fine then." They both approached each other.

"I'll leave this to you, buddy. Go get him!" Twilight said as she guided both Luna and Cadence away.

"Gee, thanks. Useless ponies." Then, they both clashed, metallic fists to brawny hooves together at an impasse. "Let's see what you got then!"

"I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... go, Doctor Bruner," Rainbow said.

The brute punched his hoof into the chest place, which caused it to dent, and the paint where the Bruner Empire symbol got smudged. "I'll have you know, that paint job wasn't easy to get just right." The brute grinned smugly as the Doctor sprayed his mech's arm to burn his eyes; he shielded his face, walking back as he roared in pain. "Now I'm mad. It's time for the good Doctor to take you apart."

The Doctor then connected a swift punch to its jaw to knock the brute down and pinned him onto his stomach with his metallic foot. "Buzzsaw module. activate!" The hand that sprayed that gas then morphed into a buzzsaw as he moved it over the brute's face, and the ponies were trying not to look as they saw sparks flying everywhere.

The Doctor then morphed his hand back to normal as he pried open the chitinous face plating that was the brute changeling's face, exposing the meat of his face. "Tenderizer module, activate!" That hand that was the buzzsaw then morphed into a steel meat tenderizer. It then rapidly punched him like a piston as he cried out for mercy.

Cadence then went over to Shining and kissed him to restore his love energy. "It's okay, Shiny. I got you." He was revitalized as he returned to his senses.

"W-What? It's that witch! Cadence? What happened?"

"We got this, Shining. Chrysalis won't win this." Everyone looked at the brute as the Doctor stopped. The brute was defeated as small amounts of his green blood could be seen, and he groaned in pain before passing out.

"Consider this an act of mercy that your subject still draws breath. Now then. Let's negotiate our terms for monarchy!" The Doctor got up and then approached the queen as she backed away.

"You're nothing to me. Do you hear that? I'm a queen, your superior; I am your better. You'll never be any more, nor any better than I am-" She was abruptly cut off with a swift punch to her face as she collapsed and fell unconscious.

"Shut up!" The Doctor said with a deadpanned expression as he used his buzzsaw to free the others, starting with Celestia, "I'm not doing this for you cause I like you." The cocoon then spilled open as Celestia came falling out of it and panting, spitting up some of its goo with disgust.

"T-Thank you... That was so... r-revolting in there." Celestia was shuddering from the awful experience.

"Don't mention it... ever." As Cadence and Shining were standing, Celestia was helped back up by both Luna and Twilight. Then, through their power of love, they were charging up a gigantic pink wave of love energy as Chrysalis came to, only to see the wave of energy rushing towards her.

"W-What is that?! But that's too much to take in! Noo!" Chrysalis then shielded her face with her forehooves as she and all her children were blasted away from the castle and even Canterlot. "AAAUGHHH!!! I'll have my revenge on you all!!!" Were Chrysalis's last words before her takeoff?

"I hope you enjoy your flight, Queenie. Make sure you angle yourself so you land on your left shoulder! It'll help to cushion your fall." The Doctor yelled out before laughing. The queen was then defeated, and Equestria was saved.