• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 400 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 400

Chapter One: The doctor and the elements meet

"Hello there, it's a pleasure to meet every... one here. Did I get that right?" The human greeted all the workers here present as they saw this very tall man slowly approaching them; he was at least level height with Celestia herself. "Do not fear; I am not your enemy here. I am new here and hope to lend you my engineering talents. That's if you would have me, of course."

"Sure thing, Partner. What all can you, uh. Do?" The foreman of this warehouse asked.

"Perhaps a demonstration would be in order, yes?" The doctor replied with a now wider grin. "All I require from you, fine gentlemen, is some resources for my work. That wouldn't be asking for too much, would it?"

"No. Not at all. How soon can you start, anyway?"

"Immediately."


Twilight's teeth sunk into the warmth and softness of the toasty, sweet cinnamon roll as she sighed in bliss. "Oh man, these have to be the best this town offers us."

"O-oh yes, for real. But Pinkie's sweets are still top-notch, though. These are pretty close." Spike was savoring the morning sweet as if he were its judge; sadly, it could not measure up to what one would typically have at Sugarcube Corner.

"But for just a few bits, would you say it was worth it?"

"Hmm... yup." Then came the coffee for the both of them. They thought the roll was good, and the coffee was much better.

"My goodness, Spike. This coffee is better than the sweet roll. After breakfast, our next stop is Canterlot. I need to discuss something with Celestia, and it cannot wait."

"What's wrong this time? She forgot to give you your monthly issue of magic anomalies, and you again?"

"No, Spike. I agreed to study the more advanced magic with her that not even the students at her school were ready to tackle. Can you imagine how exciting that is?"

"Well, considering I'm a dragon, dragons don't use magic... not really." They both finished their breakfasts and left the server a two-bit tip as they left the cafe and went to board their train to Canterlot.


"So then, how durable would you estimate this glass to be? For uh- research purposes."

"Oh? This glass is some of the most durable and damage-resistant in this warehouse; why, aside from just research?"

"Oh, the more you know, the better off you'll be, that's all. The more durable a machine is, the safer it'll be for everyone."

"That's... agreeable, Sir. It's nice to see somebody who values safety above all else." The doctor then took a look at what he was able to use and grinned.

"Oh my... these materials will do. I'll get to work once I get the tools I need." The doctor then looked at a case filled with the required tools for his work. "Watch and be amazed, gentlemen." He went to work as a group of world-class mechanics would have, leaving everyone speechless.

"By Celestia's bright mane, how can you do all this?"

"And so fast, too. He doesn't even need any of our help here. But what exactly is he making."

"Yeah, it does look interesting." Then, after about thirty to forty-five minutes, he was finished.

"Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you a machine I like to call The Bruner Mobile." It looked almost like an egg-shaped pod, but it was hovering off of what appeared to be some form of temporary energy.

"This is the absolute go-to for mobility to those that would be otherwise physically challenged to do so." He sat in its cockpit and pushed the take-off button as it rose higher and lower. He got the standard 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from his standing ovation.

"Incredible. And this device is also capable of protecting the pilot in it?"

"Of course it is. This machine is designed to be durable enough to withstand the force of nearly three hundred pounds of pressure per square inch. This titanium-alloy hull can absorb damage and rebound it away as more energy for faster travel."

He closed the glass window on it to shield himself as the built-in speaker played his voice as he spoke into the mobile's microphone. "And it can protect whoever is it in from anything above them while providing a clean and unrestricted view of your surroundings."

"I-Incredible. This is truly impressive. A bit rotund, but otherwise very practical in terms of functionality."

"The roundness was necessary for maintaining its parts and keeping it more like a mobile shield." The doctor then unfurled the window as he jumped out of his machine and dug into his left coat pocket to pull out a series of tiny data chips.

"What're those supposed to be?"

"Digital schematic data chips. Each has sufficient data to transform modern scrap into basic repair and design bots. Observe!" The doctor then threw them over to a pile of reusable scrap as they attached themselves, pulling and absorbing the materials to form their bodies. Five robots were there in total.

"And these robots are capable of professional carpentry and designing?"

"Indeed. And they can mass-produce scrap and resources for me to use in abundance. Loyal to only their creator, you understand." The robot at the center then threw a net over the pony mechanics, trapping them.

"W-What is the meaning of this!? What do you think you're doing!?"

"This place will suffice as my new base of operations. You lot, however, your services are no longer needed. Capture bot, dispose of these pests!"

It beeped as if to suggest that it understood its orders as it carried them away. "You won't get away with whatever it is you're planning. The elements will stop you dead in your tracks!"

"Elements? Don't be ridiculous; now I bid you a good day, gentlemen." The doctor then laughed as he danced about the workshop. "Yes. Most excellent, indeed. My plans to create a new utopia have already begun."


"Alright, Celestia. We've made it here. I'm ready to do whatever it takes to make you proud of me!" Twilight and Spike have made it to see both Celestia and Luna. "Wow, Luna. You look a bit.. older."

"Much more blue." Spike jested as he saw her body. "But nice-looking, overall, Princess."

"We thank thee both for thine compliments. But I'm also learning about our new world before us. So much has changed in a thousand years." Luna was then looking at her older sister as she spoke.

"It's honestly not as bad as you'd think, Luna. Not much has changed aside from our magic and technology."

"Ooh, I would love to see that." Luna was lightly hopping her hooves in a place like an excited filly. Then, the sudden burst, a pony wearing a pair of blue overalls stormed into the throne room.

"P-Princesses... Danger! Big trouble!" The pony then collapsed over the marble flooring as Celestia got up and approached her subject.

"Big trouble? Who? Who's responsible for this? I will see that whoever's doing this will be stopped."

"H-He's very tall, and he took over our warehouse; I was probably the only one that got away from that robot he used to capture us with."

"Excuse me, Fair Subject. But did thou say robot?" Her short brevity took Luna aback upon hearing him say this.

"Y-Yes, Your Highness. There were five in total." Then he fainted from exhaustion.

"You there? Make sure this one gets a cozy bed. Twilight, get your friends; we might be in trouble here. We can always use the help." The guard saluted as he carried the tired pony away, and Twilight then spoke up.

"Of course, Celestia. We'll be ready for whoever this guy is."


"Oh my... this place is truly magnificent- a place that I'm proud to call my new fortified base of operations." With a cheerful gait to his step, the doctor directed himself to the giant machine he was building. "And with this bad boy, I'll be able to start leveling a few acres of those trees to make room for a new parking lot, perhaps."

The falcon-like avian machine had a smooth and durable chrome plating exterior that he was positive could rebound anything. The plating itself, however, was tinted in different hues of red and black juxtaposed to the colors of his uniform and armed with the ability to launch temperature-guided missiles and a harsh beam that could cut through even metal to level the acres of trees.

The jets and its wings would be able to make it guide through the air efficiently and keep the machine airborne so that it wouldn't crash. "I'll call this masterpiece the Bruner Albatross Avian Excavator."

Then he heard some explosions from outside as only three of his five machines had returned. "What's this? Who would dare to destroy my work?!"


Alright then, Twilight, where exactly is this place we're looking for?" Rarity looked over to her friend for an answer.

"Well, according to that guy, we managed to get its location right as he woke up. It shouldn't be too far now." All six elements and the two princesses were on their way to that usurped warehouse to see that it now resembled a giant industrial factory.

"Well, whoever this chump is, he sure did pick the wrong place to try to cause trouble!" Rainbow proclaimed with a bump to her chest with her left hoof.

"Darn tootin', Sugarcube. Let's give this guy an all-around Equestrian welcome!"

"Hey guys, I wondered if he liked having parties?" Everyone gave Pinkie a strange look. "What? Just in case we manage to reform him, guys. I gotta ask these things."

"Well, I highly doubt we'll be able to go that far, Pinkie. Making his life better does sound nice, though." Celestia said as they neared the front of the factory. "Wow.. big place this intruder has."

"It's so high-tech, though. It has a nerdy feel to it. Not that I'm against that kind of aesthetic detail." Twilight was gawking at the building, and then they saw the net that contained the ponies that were initially there, hanging from a tree as they were squirming to get out of it.

"Hey! We're over here! Get us out of this stupid net, please." They were squirming as Celestia used her magic to cut the net's threads to free them as they flopped to the ground. Then, five robots came out of the two small doors at the front entrance and assembled in a defensive line, blocking the front way in.

"Hey! Get out of our way, you oversized trash cans!" Rainbow then dived right into one, causing it to explode; she kicked the other one and sent it flying over to Applejack as she backed up and bucked it into the air, causing that one to explode. The other three beeped in Morse code as they retreated into the factory.

"What's this? Who would dare to destroy my work?!" The figure then came out from the factory door as it opened up, and the steam escaped from the door, making it look like a mist billowing out everywhere. He was slowly walking towards the group of ponies with his arms behind his back. Then, the doctor reached out his arms to show off as he introduced himself.

"Greetings, mysterious creatures of this unknown world. I've come in peace to declare a bright and new beginning; I am Dr. Bruner, and I aim to create a new empire- The Bruner Empire. But rest assured, I am a benevolent and compassionate man." The doctor did his best to maintain his ruse of politeness and tranquility to the alien creatures around him.

Twilight then stepped up to speak to him. "First of all, this isn't an unknown world; this is called Equestria, and it already has a ruler- two, in fact," Twilight said as she was the first to oppose the doctor as they both locked their gazes at each other; the doctor had deduced that this pony was the thinker of their group based upon how she carried herself.

"Yes, that would be both Luna and me," Celestia spoke as she stomped her right hoof in mild frustration. "If you're going to be a threat to Equestria. Then I'm afraid that you're no longer welcome here. Leave at once!" Both taller equines then stood by Twilight's side as the doctor quickly saw that these two were figures of authority of higher standing.

Then, the doctor let out a hearty laugh as he couldn't believe this. These ponies- this had to be a joke. "Oh, really now? How very intimidating. I am talking to little, colorful horses. Trying to oppose my new vision- my new world order. How very twee." As he collected himself, a blue pegasus flew up to introduce herself.

"Yeah. We are. So buzz off, you weird, two-legged thing." Rainbow shot back at him sharply. Their eyes connected as the doctor knew by looking at her that she would be the most trouble for him. The glare he gave back to Rainbow wasn't making the hot-tempered pegasus feel better. All this did was make her even angrier.

"Just so we're clear, horse-" She got in his face to argue with the doctor as he went to clarify what he felt was a fact.

"Ponies. That's what we're called." Rainbow immediately corrected the doctor, not that he cared much about the correction.

"Right then. I am what you would call a human. If we cannot negotiate peacefully, I'm left with no other choice here."

The doctor then summoned his mobile mech and hopped into it. First, he closed the mobile window before activating its shield and floating high in the air. "Last warning. Abandon this frivolous act of heroism, or else! I'll have to do things by force, the hard way!"