• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 405 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 405

Chapter Six: Racing the Speedster, conquering the doctor's scheme.

Like a colorful blur, Rainbow landed on what appeared to be a racetrack made of concrete. "Ah, good, you're here. I was afraid that you'd be late." The Doctor exclaimed, staring down at his foe.

"I'll never be late for an opportunity to kick your flank, Doc."

"How very twee, I'd like to introduce to you your competition. Rainbow Dash, meet the Speedster-O-Matic. The perfect machine to match your speed." Two new robots were waving at the ready to begin.

"So then, who are your new friends, huh? Couldn't find any real ones, so you made your own?"

"Very funny. As an advocate of friendship, I had hoped you'd see the value of fellowship. They also serve as my two assistants. Meet Decoe and Bocoe." In contrast to the Doctor, the two robots happily waved to Rainbow.

"Alright then, Rainbow. The track begins here, loops around Canterlot, cuts through the Everfree, and then back here. Your job is easy. Complete one lap around the track and beat the Speedster-O-Matic." Rainbow then raised her brow in mild suspicion.

"Seems too easy to me; what's the catch?"

"Nope. It is your standard race to show you that my machines are superior. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Somehow, I have a hard time believing that."

"So then, getting cold hooves? I never thought that the great Rainbow Dash was a chicken." The Doctor carried a smug look as he raised his eyebrow.

"I am not a chicken. I'll show you! Let's get this over with." Rainbow approached the starting line and huffed angrily at being called a chicken.

"Wonderful. Alright then, start your engines! On your marks... get set... go!" The Doctor then shot a loud pop- it was much like a gun with a racing flag that came out from it. Both contestants were off; the Speedster-O-Matic was keeping pace with Rainbow.

"Heh. Not bad for a clunker made by the Doc." Rainbow maintained pace with the machine until it flared up its back engine.

"Set it into turbo mode, Bocoe!" Decoe said as they pulled down the lever, which caused the machine to boost past Rainbow.

"Nuh-uh, I don't think so." The speed at which both were racing had caught the attention of both princesses as they watched from their balcony.


"Look at that, Tia! It looks like a race is going on." Luna said in amusement as they both spectated.

"Yes, but who's that racing Rainbow? Oh no, I'd recognize that technology anywhere. Doctor Bruner."

"Is that guy still trying to take over Equestria?"

"Unfortunately, yes, Luna. I suppose my flinging him away has taught him nothing but vengeance."

"You flung him away? And why wasn't I present to witness this?"

"You were asleep after serving your nightly duties, Luna. I did not wish to disturb you."

"But that would have made my day- err, night."

"Apologies, Luna, but if it's any consolation, it was fun to spin him around."

"Hmph. I swear, Sister, you get to have all of the fun. Next time, it'll be my turn to teach him some manners." Celestia then saw the Doctor on his mobile and focused on him.

"Luna, there he is. What's he up to? Why is he hiding behind those bushes?"

"I do not know, Tia, but those look a bit too big to be normal bushes." They both then returned their focus to the racing.


"She's gaining upon us, Bocoe!" Decoe said that The Speedster could not go any faster as Rainbow gradually got closer.

"We're out of the turbo fuel. I'm unsure if the Doctor had planned on us using more than one tank." Bocoe said to his robotic brother.

"It doesn't matter now; just release the mecha-muck trap!"

"Roger that, Bro!" The back compartment opened up in front of Rainbow as she squinted her eyes in mild suspicion.

"W-What the? Gah!?"

Splat!

"Ugh, w-what is this stuff? Well, whatever it is, I can't move. Not good." Then those bushes the Doctor was hiding in rustled off as he lifted into an even bigger mobile. The bottom opened, and a vast metal wrecking ball on a chain emerged. "E-Eep. Okay. Not cool. I knew this race was screwy."

"It's time to say goodbye, Rainbow Dash! Meet my Checker Wrecking Ball." The Doctor was laughing victoriously.

"Oh, ponyfeathers! I walked right into this trap, didn't I? I should have seen this coming from someone like him."


"Luna! Look! Rainbow is in trouble. We've got to help her." Celestia said in a panic.

"I want to teach him some manners now!"

"Luna. Do your worst to him."

"You got it, Tia!" Luna then flew down, racing to Rainbow's rescue. "I do hope that I am not too late for her."


"Any last words before you're crushed into paste?" Rainbow looked and saw Luna rushing to her aid and smirked.

"Yeah. Look behind you!"

"What are you-" The Doctor gasped as he saw Luna using her magic on his wrecking ball. "You!? I did not calculate on this happening."

"Well then, that's just too bad for you, huh?" The Doctor was trying to pull his wrecking ball loose from her grip but wasn't succeeding.

"Why you... Let go of my Checker Wrecking Ball!"

"Okay," Luna said in malicious compliance as she let go but forced the ball to fly up; the chain kept the wrecking ball from moving anywhere except for up, right above the Doctor's head. He looked as if all color had faded from his face.

"Huh!? Waahhh!!"

SMASH!

The wrecking ball had crashed in the cockpit, crushing the Doctor under its weight as he screamed, but it was muffled under the mass of metal as the mobile itself was grounded. "MMuuagghhh!! I... hate those elements!" The Doctor cried out as Celestia saw this from their balcony.

"Yes! Nice job, Luna!" Celestia cheered as she flew down to free Rainbow from the muck trap. "Hold on, Rainbow, I'll get you out."

"Please hurry; I can feel this stuff gunking up my wings." Rainbow wretched in disgust as she tried to fly up but was still glued to the ground. Celestia then blasted the muck with her magic, making it dissolve away, freeing Rainbow.

"Doctor Bruner!? We'll save you!" Decoe and Bocoe used a controller to retract the chain, lifting the wrecking ball from the Doctor as he rose to breathe in oxygen. The wrecking ball slammed onto the ground with a heavy thud.

"Gah!? Grr... I hate those elements. So badly!" The Doctor then released his smaller mobile from the larger one. "You have not seen the last of me! Mark my words!" Decoe and Bocoe then jumped into the cockpit to join their Doctor as he tried to flee. Then his mobile stopped moving as he saw a golden glowing around it and gulped. "Uh oh, not this again."

"What's happening, Doctor?" Decoe said.

"Yeah. What is this stuff keeping us in place?" Bocoe said as they both looked worried.

"Boys. I hope you're ready for a flight." The Doctor said forlornly.

"I hope you weren't forgetting about your goodbye takeoff, Doctor." Celestia was prepared to relaunch the Doctor.

"No... of course not. Why I wouldn't dream of it." The Doctor replied with a defeated huff.

"Great then, happy trails!" Celestia then used her magic to fling the Doctor away off into the distance as he screamed out in panic.

"AAuurrghhh!! I'll get you yet, elements of harmony!" then his mobile became a star in the distance as they all cheered for his defeat.

"So, Rainbow, how exactly did the doctor get to you so easily?" Luna asked her.

"He.. well, he challenged me to a race. He said that I was a chicken. That got to me. I'm not a chicken; I'm the fastest flyer in Equestria."

"You may relax now, Rainbow. He is defeated... for now."

"Yeah. I'll admit. If you two hadn't shown up, I would have been toast. It did kinda scare me a bit."

"I understand your concerns; fear just has that effect on everypony and creature," Luna stated.

"Well... I may need to lie down for a bit in my bed. Just some alone time, okay?" Rainbow said, still trying to shake off the near-death experience she had. She flew up and made way for her cloud home.

"Well, Sister. I think that went rather well, all things considered." Celestia replied in a chipper tone.

"Indeed. Rainbow's life was saved. She's an element of harmony; she must remain protected by us." Luna stated with confidence.

"Agreed, Luna. They're Equestria's only best defense." Celestia said as they flew back to their balcony to finish their day.


"Uuuaagghhh!!!" The Doctor and both robots yelled together as they landed roughly again onto a grass plain.

"Oof. Ugh... I hate those landings." The Doctor said as they landed and the mobile window opened up.

"Us, too," Bocoe said as they all three rolled out from the mobile, trying to fix their dizziness. The Doctor then stood up and paced around.

"How? How could I have failed again? Of course... When I looped the track around Canterlot, I should have expected those two princesses to arrive. How could I not have seen this coming?" The Doctor was contemplating his most recent failure.

"Well, if it'll help you feel better, you did come close to succeeding, Doctor," Bocoe said in his robotic, chipper voice.

"Well, close isn't good enough, now is it? Next time, I'll avoid that place, lest I get flung away again. I'll have to go for... that plan. Yes. I'll create a robot to teach the younger ponies to accept me as their new ruler." The Doctor then cheered himself on for his brilliance.

"Yes. That's a good plan, Doctor. We're here to assist in any way we can." Bocoe said as both robots were standing alongside the Doctor.

"Excellent. We'll be successful yet."


"Hey, Twilight, I see Rainbow flying over to her home. I wonder if everything's okay." Spike said as he was walking next to Twilight.

"I'm not sure, but she's usually that fast when upset. We should go and check up on her, Spike."

"Yeah." The drake and the unicorn then made haste for Rainbow Dash's house. When they both got there, they saw her shaking like a leaf.

"Hey! Rainbow Dash! Are you okay?" Twilight yelled to get her attention as she flew down to see Twilight.

"Not really. I had a run-in with the Doc."

"Him again? What did he do this time?"

"He challenged me to a race and then used a weird box-like device to deliver his message, which turned out to be a bomb just to tick me off. Then, when I arrived, he goaded me by calling me a chicken. I was foolish enough to fall for it, letting my anger cloud my judgment."

"Then, his machine and I raced, but it was an elaborate trap. He took advantage of my ego and desire for competition. I nearly died today, Twilight, and if it weren't for Luna, I would have been squashed into mush."

"Oh dear, that sounds awful, Rainbow. I had no idea. I'm sorry about what happened. Is there anything we can do for you as your friends?"

"I-I just want to have some alone time for now. Thank you guys for caring about me; I appreciate it." Before Rainbow could fly back up, Spike had something to say.

"Hey, Rainbow. I just got one question for you."

"Yeah?"

"Did the doctor get flung off into orbit again?"

"Yeah, little buddy, he did."

"Yes!" Spike cheered as he jumped in place. "It's always funny when the bad guys get theirs in the end."

"It sure is, Spike. Well, I'll see you guys later, okay?"

"It's alright. Have a good rest, Rainbow. Bye for now." Twilight said as she and Spike were off to finish their day.