• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 400 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 400

Chapter Four: Taking down the fiery Tortoise

"Alright. We made it to Canterlot. There he is, Doctor Bruner. Let's go, girls." Twilight and her friends then raced through the crowd of worried ponies, looking up to the castle to see the Doctor there threatening Celestia.

"Celestia! If they don't show up now, this city will be full of barbecued ponies!"

"They will be here, Doctor. You do not need to take your vendetta out on those innocent ponies; they didn't do a thing to you."

"Oh, I don't have anything against them. I'm just giving you some motivation to get me what I want. If I have to, I'll have no choice but to release Mr. Tortoise onto them."

"Stop right there, Doctor Bruner!" Celestia sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank the stars that you're here, Twilight. I didn't know how much longer I could hold him back."

"It's alright, Celestia. We came as fast as we could." Twilight then saw the Doctor and scowled. "I'd have hoped being defeated once would have set you straight, Doctor. I guess I was wrong."

"So what's that thing supposed to be, a giant turtle?"

"Actually, yes, you prismatic pest! This newest number is called the Molten Hot Toasty Tortoise." The machine shot out its limbs from its shell, and steam blasted out from its nostrils; it almost sounded like a train horn. "There's something special about this one that the Albatross doesn't have."

"What? It can't even fly. Just look at it. It's grounded." Rainbow was laughing as she was mocking it, as its head was turning a lighter shade of scarlet.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Why not? I'd like to see him try to come up here to get me."

"Well, you heard the mare, right, Toasty! Go get her!" The tortoise huffed as more scalding steam blew from its nose. It then used the bottoms of its feet as jets to fly up after her.

"H-Huh?! Uh oh."

"What was that phrase we used to say back on earth? Don't throw stones at glass houses." The tortoise then opened its mouth to charge a fireball as it hurled it towards Rainbow, who saw it gulped in fear as she dove out of the way.

"W-Woah now! That one nearly grazed my fur. Hey!" The stray fireball then flew up to Celestia's balcony. As she shielded it by passing in front of it and bracing herself.

"Aauughh!" Celestia took the blast as the fireball exploded onto her and sent her flying back into her balcony, making cracks form as her body fell to the ground.

"Oh? You hit one of them, eh, Toasty? Nice shot."

"Celestia?! No! I'm coming to help you." Twilight rushed to her aid and saw her standing with slightly shaky legs. "A-Are you okay, Celestia?"

"Y-Yes, Twilight. That was no ordinary fireball."

"Oh? So you've noticed, huh?" The Doctor then flew down to talk to Celestia.

"Yes. I am the princess of the sun; I would know solar energy if I ever felt it."

"Interesting. Oh, Toasty, make sure to rev up your heat. I need my shield, just in case." The tortoise complied as it charged its body, and a shield of energy was forming around the Bruner Mobile. "It's always great to think ahead, wouldn't you agree?"

Celestia huffed as she looked towards the tortoise; it retracted its limbs and spun like a top as it rammed into Rainbow, sending her flying high. "Aug!"

"No! Rainbow!" Twilight was racing to her friend's aid before Celestia stopped her.

"No, Twilight. That thing is too dangerous to get close to."

"But we have to help Rainbow; she's taking a beating out there."

"Yes, Twilight, but think about the energy it's using momentarily."

"Solar energy. That would mean it'll need to recharge after expelling enough of it."

"That is correct, Twilight."

"So, we'll have to make him angrier then. Let him burn out all he's got, then flog him."

Another strike, and Rainbow was wincing in pain as she gritted her teeth. "Hey, you oversized microwave, you're so slow you give snails a bad name." Twilight tried to insult it as it was steaming. "It's working, Celestia."

"T-Twilight?! In what way is this a good plan? No!" Rainbow got rammed again. "Aaaughh!"

"Everyone. Lay your insults down on it. Let's make him burn himself out!" Twilight declared.

"You're so big and bulky that you're never going to be a one-size-fits-all, Darling." This made him even angrier.

"What? That's the best you got, Rares? Watch a pro at work!" Applejack said confidently. "Hey, you big varmint! You're so ugly that you'd make a freight train take a dirt road!" The tortoise was red-hot, nearly overheated, and then released it all to calm down.

"W- What're you guys planning? You cannot stop him, so don't bother with that." The Doctor was dismissively waving his hand at them as he was lounging back on his mobile while watching them hopefully fail.

"Doctor, how much heat and energy can it absorb before it cools off?" Celestia asked out of curiosity.

"About five thousand degrees Celsius; why?"

"Oh, no reason. Twilight, make him angry again, so he charges up!"

"You got a plan?"

"I do. Once he's about to cool down, I'll blast him with my magic; he'll absorb too much of a good thing."

"Ooh... that might work. Alright then, Everypony. Lay your best insults down on it. Make him mad!" Rainbow landed on its shell before she ran off him while he cooled down.

"Ouch ouch ouch. Oof, that hurt." Rainbow rubbed her sore flanks with her hooves as she stumbled away from the cooled-down tortoise.

"Alright then. I'll try one." Celestia said as she stepped up to insult the mech tortoise, "You're so ugly that when you look into a mirror, your reflection walks away!" This caused the tortoise to get steamed again.

"Ooh. Ouch, that one was bad." Twilight said as she tried one, "Calling you an idiot would insult all stupid ponies." Now, it was getting red; its whole body was charging heat from the sun.

"That's your best one, Sugarcube? I'll do you one better. You're so lazy. Molasses wouldn't even run down your stubby legs." Now it was getting more pissed off and vibrating like an engine.

"I'll put all of yours to shame, Darlings." Rarity cleared her throat as she spoke. "You have two parts of your brain: Left and right. On the left side, there's nothing right. On the right side, there's nothing left." That did it, as the tortoise was getting so pumped up that it needed to cool down.

"Alright then, Celestia, blast him now!" Twilight said as Celestia blasted out a beam of concentrated solar magic into its body, as it was then unable to release all of it.

"W-What're you guys doing to him? Toasty! You need to have more fight in you than this!" The mech was groaning from all the heat; it was too much to take at once.

"I hope you're hungry, Toasty, 'cause I got a lot of magic for you to dine on."

"Gah!? B-But that's too much heat for it to handle... oh no." The tortoise was starting to blow up on the inside as it was trying to cool itself off out of desperation. "No! You will not be trounced, Toasty!"

It gave up as the machine groaned one final time before it exploded, and the Doctor's shield then disappeared. "Aaughhh?! T-Toasty! Nooo! Now, who will be able to make for me the best steak?" While the ponies and Celestia were all cheering, Doctor Bruner took this as an opportunity to flee.

"Well, when the going gets tough, you must make like a tree and leave." As he moved to fly away, his mobile was caught and locked into a golden magical aura, as the Doctor winced. He looked back to see the angry face of Celestia staring back at him and gulping.

"Not so fast, Doctor!"

"U-Umm... m-maybe we could negotiate this peacefully over a picnic and a cup of tea?" The Doctor was twiddling his thumbs together as Celestia's scowl never left her face as she glared at him.

"No!" Celestia began swinging his mobile around in circles, making the Doctor dizzy.

"G-Gah!? S-Stop that... I get motion sick." Round and round, he went as if in slow motion as his face slammed into his window- his cheeks smeared against the glass as he tried not to throw up right before Celestia launched his mobile away from the castle. "Aaaughhh! This is not possible..." His mobile then became a star in the distance.

"When you reach your destination, Doctor. Don't forget to write back." Celestia and everyone waved off to the Doctor as he flew away into the sky.

"Aw yeah! Sweet justice dealing! Now, does anypony have a bag of ice for my flanks?" Everyone looked at Rainbow with looks of both disbelief and pity.


"UUaarughh! Oof! O-Ouch... bad l-landing..." The Doctor then popped open his mobile as he rolled out of the machine and cracked his stiff back while groaning in discomfort. "Augh! M-My back. I hate those elements. They have made enemies with the wrong scientific genius."

The Doctor tried vainly to soothe his back as he sighed, "I'll be back for them one day. I'll take some extra time to plan everything out more thoroughly. They have not seen the last of me!" The Doctor then raised his fist towards Canterlot and shook it vehemently. "Do you hear that, Celestia? All of you will feel my wrath!" The Doctor yelled out in frustration at losing to them.


"Oh boy. We won again against that big meanie doctor. This calls for a party!" Pinkie said in joy as she hopped around everypony, everyone giggling at her bright display.

"I agree. We all should party." Twilight said as everyone voiced their agreement as well.

"And everypony is invited, even you, Celestia!" Pinkie chimed in as she was even in the mood for some relaxation after what happened today.

"Well then, after our party. I'll have to get back to help prepare Luna and get some shut-eye. That is to say, Pinkie. Where are we going to be having our party, anyways?"

"In here, silly. I got it all planned out. Trust the expert here." Pinkie played it off cooly as she dug into her mane, pulled out a whistle, and blew it down. Everypony briefly closed their ears with their hooves as the doors that led into the room with the balcony opened suddenly, and a team of professional workers was moving in party supplies and tons of snacks.

"P-Pinkie... where and how did you get the help of all of these ponies?" Rainbow asked her as she shrugged and stated.

"Oh, that's easy. I helped them with their graduation party, and they owed me a favor. They're also invited, too."

"And umm... t-this is kinda embarrassing, Pinks, but... a-about that ice pack?"

"It's that bad, huh?"

"Well, try to get punted around like a soccer ball and see if you'd like it."

"Getting bounced around like a ball sounds like I'd be having a ball. Get it?" Rainbow had a look of cringe at the corny joke.

"Y-Yes, Pinkie. I get it." Rainbow then saw an icebox being carried in with tons of refreshing drinks and a nurse was also summoned who had an icepack in her hooves for Rainbow. "Oh, thank you, Faustia above." Rainbow then sat down on the icepack and sighed in relief as everyone laughed at how extreme she was acting.