• Published 2nd Feb 2021
  • 2,659 Views, 318 Comments

The Lost Crafter - Jeffrey1000



Steve, the last Crafter, is transported to Equestria. In this new land of magic and wonder, he must fight off numerous challenges so he can finally achieve the peaceful life he’s searching for.

  • ...
15
 318
 2,659

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Submerged in Ice

“Did she write back yet?” Applejack asked in a nervous tone.

“Not yet.” Twilight said. She’s probably busy.

“But he’s public enemy number one. What else could she be doing?”

“I don’t know.” Twilight said in a defeated tone.

“Hey, girls.” Rainbow Dash said walking into the library. “What are you doing?”

“We were checking to see if Princess Celestia wrote back.” Twilight explained.

“About what?”

“The creature.” Applejack said.

“What happened this time?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Ah talked to him.” Applejack answered causing the prismatic mare to gasp.

“You talked to it?” Rainbow Dash asked for confirmation.

“Him. And yes ah did talk to him.” She responded. “He seemed like a nice guy.”

“Yeah, but didn’t he shoot you?” Rainbow said.

“He said it was an accident.” She said. “And he was trying to fight monsters that came from his homelands. He said there are never bodies, just loot he can pick up. Lastly, he told me not to blame you for your actions, so ah won’t. But I expect you apologize to him.” Applejack finished, glaring at her.

“And why should I apologize?” This time Twilight responded.

“Because of all the guards that have been sent after him to try and hunt him down like an animal!” She told Rainbow. “In fact, you should probably apologize to the guards, too, just to be safe.”

“Fine.” Rainbow Dash conceded. “But we still have to catch him first.”

“Leave that to the guards.” Twilight said.


“You okay?” Steve asked Jean. She was currently huddled in her wings in order to save body heat.

“Y-yeah. J-just a l-little b-b-but c-cold.” She stuttered. Dragons, like most cold blooded animals, relied on an outside source in order to stay warm. Normally the sun would be that source, but it was too cold for her to go outside.

“A little?”

“V-very.” She replied still shivering. Steve sighed.

“I’ll go get more wood for a campfire.” He told her. “Just wait here.”

“I-I don’t h-have m-much of a ch-ch-choice.” She said. He walked over to the dragon. He got on his knees and wrapped his arms around her. This helped warm her up a little.

“Stay strong.” He said. Before he left, he looked through her chest. “I’ll take a few of these potions just in case, okay?” Jean simply nodded.

Steve then turned, and headed out of the cave. Steve walked along the snowy ground. He sank deeper into the snow, with every step.

He came across a huge ice lake. Underneath it was the shivering cold water, way too cold for anyone to even think about swimming in. The ice looked pretty thin, so he wouldn’t want to have to fight on it. In fact, he wanted to get to the other side as soon as possible.

“Alright, time to get wood.” He told himself. He pulled out his axe and began hacking away at the nearest tree.

After about an hour of tree chopping he had gathered around fifty logs. “I should probably replant these saplings.” He told himself. He took a second to look at the snow around him. “Later.” He added.

The snow was too thick for him to plant. It probably wouldn’t grow, too. He turned to get home as quick as he could. Jean really needed these logs for a camp fire. He heard a sound that made him freeze in his stride. The sound of armor clanking caught his ear. He searched for the source of the sound, and he found it. There were around fifty guards marching in rows along with the Sargent, Corporal, Captain, and another alicorn.

“I wonder who she is.” He whispered to himself. He didn’t want to find out, yet. For now, he had to get back to his home in order to help Jean. He snuck beside the guards using the bushes as cover. He continued through the thick brush almost matching the guards step for step. Then, he came across the ice chasm from earlier. “Shit.” He said under his breath.

He really didn’t want to fight on it, but there was no other way back. He couldn’t sneak because there was no cover on it to hide behind. He sighed.

“I guess I gotta make a run for it.” Steve said. He leaped out of the bushes and sped past the guards. Once he was on the bridge he looked back to see how they reacted to him. Several spears immediately came at him. He dodged them all but was caught off guard by a magic shot to the back.

“Ow.” He said as he rubbed it. He looked down and what he saw below gave him the chills. He had made a small crack in the ice. Quickly rolling over, he deflected another magic attack. He quickly got up on his feet. None of the ponies dared set foot on the ice out of fear. However, that didn’t stop the pegasi. They came at him dropping like dive bombers. He ducked under one and blocked another with his shield. He turned and continued running. Suddenly, a huge shadow cast over him. Bigger than any other pony or pegasus. It almost completely blocked out the sun. He turned to see the alicorn coming down to attack. She swooped down at high speeds. She fired several blasts at him to which he easily deflected. Right before she made contact with the ground, she pulled up. She was about to land on the crack Steve had made. He stared in horror.

“Wait, Princess!” He heard from behind her, but it was too late. She had made contact with the ice and just as Steve suspected, it couldn’t support her weight. The ice cracked and she fell through.


Stone watched in horror as Princess Celestia was about to land on a piece of cracked ice. He reacted quickly and immediately ran out after her.

“Wait, Princess!” He cried out desperately, but to no avail. She stood on the crack and fell right through. He saw the creature on the other side. The crack then begin to spread, heading at both the Sargent and the creature.

“Stone! Look out!” He heard from behind him. Stone backed up but slipped on the ice. The creature had the exact opposite reaction and headed after the Princess. Stone didn’t have time to think about why he was just trying to survive. He looked as the crack came right under the creature and he fell, too.

“Motherfucking cun-!” he tried to yell as he fell through. Then the crack came straight up to Stone. Time seemed to slow.

He looked back at his squad and the terrified expressions they wore. Then, he felt the ground give away from underneath him. His body dropped into the unknown. He hit his head on what felt like a ledge.

“Stone! No!” He heard what sounded like the Corporal crying out, but it was too muffled for him to tell.

“Corporal stay ba-.” He heard right before he felt a sharp pain in his head, and everything went black. Now he knew how the dragon must’ve felt.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I wanted to get this out as quickly as possible. My bad if it’s bad. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed.

PreviousChapters Next