• Published 2nd Feb 2021
  • 2,659 Views, 318 Comments

The Lost Crafter - Jeffrey1000



Steve, the last Crafter, is transported to Equestria. In this new land of magic and wonder, he must fight off numerous challenges so he can finally achieve the peaceful life he’s searching for.

  • ...
15
 318
 2,659

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: All in a Day’s Work

Steve stood on a podium in front of hundreds of ponies. They watched as the crafter was sworn in. He would now take the office of the Secretary of Defense. He smiled in nostalgia. He remembered what it was like having the job back in Minecraftia. Sure, it wasn’t fun, but it was certainly challenging, and he liked to be challenged. The ponies continued to clap, some of them even cheered. He waved one more time, before leaving the podium.

“Congratulations.” He heard someone say. He turned to the source. It was Stone, of course.

“Thanks.” Steve said. He looked behind Stone. The Corporal was there, left forehoof in a sling, and beside her was the captain. “How have you guys been?”

“We’ve been good. The captain here hooked up with Princess Cadence while we were gone.” Corporal Eagle said.

“Really? Wow.” Steve stated.

“Yeah.” Captain Armor said. “Turns out Stone’s pickup line actually works.”

“You got a Princess with a pickup line?” Steve asked in disbelief.

“I told you my lines work.” Stone said to him.

“Is that why you’re still single?” Captain Armor asked.

“Damn.” Steve stated bluntly. They stood in silence for a little. Stone glared at him, but captain responded with a shit-eating grin. After a few seconds, Steve spoke. “Anyways, I’ve got to get to work. I’ll see you all around.”


Steve walked into his office, donut in one hand coffee in the other. He smiled as he walked with a little spring in his step.

“Yeah it’s a good day, to celebrate, na na na na na na na.” He sang under his breath. “Come on it’s a good day, to celebra-a-a-ate.”

He walked into his room. He had his own workroom. There was a solid wall between him and the other workers, but there was a window overlooking Canterlot. He took a look outside.

“These are who I’m defending now.” Steve said. “I won’t let you down.”

He heard a knock and quickly whirled around.

“Come in!” He said, as he took a seat. In stepped an earth pony stallion with a white coat and a dark blue mane.

“Hello, I am Dark Snow, your assistant.” He said.

“Nice to meet you. I am Steve. What are you doing here?”

“We need you to take a look at these budget changes and finalize them.” He said handing Steve a binder.

“Alright.”

“And you’re, also, scheduled to visit the ‘Dreadnought Project’ at 1500.”

“Got it.”

“That’s all. Thank you for your time.” The stallion said, bowing slightly.

“Thank you for the information.” Steve watched as the stallion left the room. “Time to get to work.”


Steve sat alone, again, in a train car. Despite taking the public train now, he still had a car all to himself. He didn’t really mind it, but it slightly stung him knowing they were still pretty afraid of him.

“Final stop approaching! Equestrian Harbor.” The conductor yelled.

“Good, we’re almost there.” Steve said to himself. Not to long after that, the train came to a halt, and the passengers began to leave. Just as he expected, a group of guards were waiting there for the crafter. They saluted quickly before signaling him to go in a direction. They walked for a little before making it to the naval base. Once inside, they walked towards the garage it was being built in.

“So who’s in charge of this project?” Steve asked one of the guards.

“Iron Mustang and Amber Moon.” The guard informed him.

“What are their ranks?”

“Iron Mustang is an Army O-8 and Amber Moon is a Naval O10.” The guard said.

“Got it. So, where are they?”

“They should be coming just about now.” Not a second after the guard said that, Steve heard a voice from behind him.

“Hello.” It called out. “You must be Steve?”

“Yes. Who are you?”

“I’m General Iron Mustang.”

“Pleasure to meet you. I assume the mare beside you is Admiral Amber?”

“Yes.” The mare said. “Hello Secretary, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Where do we begin?” Steve asked.

“Right this way.” Iron Mustang said.


Steve began to make his way back to the train station. They had taken him on a tour of the ship and briefed him on how every system operated. He, also, learned a few things. For one, Iron Mustang’s brother is Steel Mustang, who was the Secretary of Defense. After Steve learned that, he expected Iron to be mad he took his brother’s job. To his surprise, Iron was glad that they found a good replacement for his brother and because he already knew his brother was going to resign. Steve continued to walk through the port city. He made his way to the train station. Quickly boarding the next train, he relaxed on the long ride back to Canterlot.


Steve sat in his office finalizing budget reforms and reviewing military strategies. It was boring work, but it was better than having to fight for his life. If he was being honest, he liked the calm side of life. He didn’t really like action books or plays. He mainly enjoyed comedies.

“Alright. Last one.” He said. He quickly reviewed the document, and, just like most of the other ones, there were no errors he had to make changes to. “Time to bring these budget changes to Celestia.”

The crafter walked through the halls, two binders in his hand. He rounded the corner and bumped into a familiar mare.

“Oh, hey Scarlett.” He said.

“Steve?” She looked up. “Oh, hey there. What are you doing?”

“I’m just giving these budget changes to Celestia. I need to get these signed by tomorrow.”

“Budget changes?” She asked.

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing, it’s just, you don’t seem like th guy to care about that stuff.”

“You’re right, I’m not really big on this whole work thing, but it’s better than constant fighting. Besides, work gives me something to do, and being in government makes me feel like I’m doing it for the people.”

“Listen, I was on my way to Celestia’s quarters right now. I can bring them to her if you want.” The mare offered.

“Really? Thanks. That would save me a lot of time.”

“No problem. After everything you’ve done it’s the least I could do.”

Steve have a quick wave before turning to return to his office.


Steve stood alone looking out of his window at the streets of Canterlot. He watched as mares and stallions made their ways home. The sun set and the streetlights began to turn on. Then he heard a noise.

Knock! Knock!

“Come in.” Steve said. The door open and in stepped his assistant.

“Sir,” Dark Snow started, “Princess Celestia requests you meet her immediately in the floor three conference room.”

“Why?” Steve asked.

“I don’t know, but I suggest you meet her quickly.”

Steve quickly sprinted out of the office. He ran through the castle walls with a worried feeling in his gut. He quickly bursted into the conference room.

“What’s the problem?” He asked, panting.

“Discord.” Celestia stated.

Author's Note:

“If we sacrifice our values because we're afraid, we don't care very much about those values.”

-Edward Snowden
(I don’t know why I put this here.)


I’m gonna take a short break from this story for about a week, to help with the pacing, however I am putting out a short one-shot I made for fun, if you wanna check it out.

Also, (I’m not sure if I have to put this, but I will just in case) the little celebration song Steve sang is called “Good Day to Celebrate” by The Phantoms. I suggest you check them out, they are very underrated. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed.

PreviousChapters Next