• Published 31st Jan 2021
  • 409 Views, 10 Comments

The beauty of the opposites - TheGlimMaster



Rarity tries to understand why she still don't have a stallion of her own.

  • ...
2
 10
 409

Stallions through my life: Fillyhood

I usually woke up pretty early in the morning when i was little. Knowing i had school, i was always excited for that, making my sleep schedule a big mess. When it was time to go, my parents prepared me a delicious lunch that, to this very day, i still eat occasionally. After that, they walked with me to the school and once we were there, they waved back at me saying "Goodbye sweetheart, have a nice day at school".

The most exciting thing for me was to meet my filly friends. When it was recess time, we looked for some tables and chairs to sit. When we finally found those, everypony accommodated themselves in their respective places, putting their lunch bags above the table. My fillyhood friends and i had this costume of always bringing our little dolls inside our lunch bags, despite me knowing now, as an adult, that our toys could had the potential to get dirty if the lunch bags were shaken, but oh well.

The dolls my friends had were very expensive. Due to that, when i asked my parents those for me, they always answered with "Rarity, we cannot afford that. Let's go find a toy more cheap". Now i understand why i have so many expensive objects in my possession... But i digress. Unlike my colleagues, the toys i owned didn't look that pretty, thus giving me no other choice but to use my creatitivy to fix this issue.

When i was 5 years old, my mom brought me to watch a fashion show in Manehattan in a VIP room. We watched the whole show and my eyes were sparkling with joy. Never in my life i saw such grace, attitude, beauty and talent. The moment that stucked with me was when this mare was using a dress composed by so many gems. It was the most magnificent thing i ever saw with my eyes. Since that show, i became interested in fashion and decided to build my life around that. Needless to say, i eventually achieved the goal when i became an adult and i feel so proud of myself.

With courage at my side, i explored some caverns to find rocks that had gems inside of them. This became one the most fun hobbies that i had, and it's something i still do today.

After exploring for gems, i started breaking them piece by piece, until the pieces were very small. Each tiny gem i put in the dress of my doll was meticulously calculated. I wanted so badly to make my toy perfect in ever way possible. I remember some instances were my drive to create a unique look for my doll was so intense, i started sweating profusely and fainted sometimes out of peer exhaustion. However, when such cases didn't happen, i managed to create one beautiful look after another for it. When everything was done, i put the toy on my lunch bag and waited excitedly for a new school day to show friends my fashion progress.

The other girls always gasped in awe when they saw my dolls looks. I constantly recieved compliments such as "Rarity, your doll looks outstanding", "I really love the way she looks" and my personal favorite was "It's so preeeetty, can i have it Rarity?".

Needless to say, my talent for fashion was my destiny heheheeheheh...

But... there is something i love more than anything, including fashion... Stallions.

When i entered my first school at the age of 5 years old, i had my first contact with boys. Before i reached that age, i never saw a colt during this period. I always loved to stay on my house, playing with my dolls, enjoying the food my parents made for me and letting my silly imagination take over me. This was the perfect life for little Rarity.

However, after a very long talk with my parents, they managed to convice me to go outside, promising that beyond my house was fun, and that i would love every single little thing. While i know that is not true, i understand why they did that, and i appreciate my parents because of this.

But back to the colt talk.

The moment i saw someone with the opposite sex of mine, i was intrigued, fascinated, shocked, curious, you named it. I didn't understand why and how they were the way they were. I didn't understand why and how they had a similar body to me, yet some parts were different such as the face, mane and sometimes the tail. I didn't understand why and how their voices sounded so different than mine. In a nutshell, i didn't understand males and yet, despite me not knowing about why and how they had their unique characteristics, i loved them because of this. Their differences is what made me fall in love with them. I wanted to understand everything about them, not missing a single information.

But... I had a problem. I was actually a very shy pony. I was concerned that other ponies would judge me, making me feel miserable. To my suprise, the fillies welcomed me with an open hoof. The colts, however, never seen to bother to talk with fillies, focusing exclusively in finding other colts to talk. I scratched my head, thinking "why they don't come and talk with girls?"

It turns out that, thanks to one my friends at the time, i was in a school were the whole fillies VS colts were actually a real thing that happened there. Colts usually talked about sports, board games and they loved to say jokes to each other, sometimes even inappropriate ones. The fillies, on the other hoof, had interest in talking about dolls, dresses and competing against each other to see who was the prettiest pony around.

Looking back now as an adult, i know that not every single colt was like that way, same also applies to the fillies. Sadly, this was the mentality of the young ones i grew up with. To make matters even worse, some colts said that the fillies were annoying due to them having an "annoying voice", "sissy tastes and behaviors" and "naive personalities". Just like the boys, some fillies spread rumors that all colts liked doing "gross things", "loved to be stupid" and "were jerks to everyone".

While some were like this way fillies and colts described, it was not 100% accurate, as i do remember some boys and girls never even had those stereotypical characteristics.

However, my young version, despite knowing about the stereotype of the colts, wanted so badly to interact with them and learn everything about it. My passion and admiration for them was far more powerful than my concerns and unhealty believes i and others had about them. Unfortunately, my shyness prevented me to speak with the boys in my school many times.

But... there's one time i actually managed to talk with a group of boys once, and i will never forget what happened.

I was alone that day, enjoying the recess away from my friends, basically wanting to have a time for myself. I noticed 4 colts sitting on a table, with one chair not taken by anypony. My heart pounded like never before, and my emotions were in full force. This was the opportunity i wanted for so long and i remember tolding myself to just go and sit before somepony took the place. I blinked a few times and, with courage at my side, i trotted to my destination. I took the sit and gave a big smile to the colts.

"Hi, my name is Rarity. Do you mind if i stay with you?" I asked gently to them.

At first, they looked at me with confused eyes, not knowing how to deal with a filly wanting to hang out with them. They nodded in sync "sure" and then proceeded to continue their little chat. Due to me being shy at the time and having in my head that all colts didn't like at all the things that fillies liked, i stayed on the table being quiet and only looking at them. My little me looked up and down on the colts bodies, as well as hearing their beautiful voices and much more. I was hypnotized by this, especially the fact i was actually close to the colts. Normally, i looked at the colts in a distance, thinking about them, but having an interaction like that, while still a primitive interaction, drove my filly me into pure happiness. I know this may sound narcissistic of me, but i truly believe that, on my school, there was nopony who had an obssession for colts like me and, to this very day, i still believe on my statement.

However, despite having the most magical moment of my fillyhood, something happened on the table that i never forgot it.

The colts stopped talking and there was a brief silence in the air. All the boys looked at me, as if they were about to say something to me. Turns out, i was right, thou only one said a phrase that i will always remember for the rest of my life.

"Uhhh, Rarity, can you excuse us? We are going to have a boy talk right now." said one of the colts, as they procceeded to leave the table, leaving me alone.

This... what he meant by this? Were they going to talk about board games, mature stuff or sports? Were they uncomfortable of me being at their side, listening to their conversations, even thou i was not hearing anyting? Or were they going to talk about things that they kept as a secret so that no fillies would find out and spread to everypony?... i do not know and i am not sure i will never know.

Sadly, this was the only and last time i had that much interaction with a boy when i was a little kid. I wish i had more...

Comments ( 10 )

Interesting concept of a story. No offense to her, but I did think Rarity was the sort who's kinda a bit too obsessed with perfection to actually meet a partner who would match her standards.

It’s rather sad that Rarity never found a stallion... but I do agree with 10655968 that she is to obese over perfection for a partner. Probably why stallions haven’t gone up to her because they probably believe they can’t be up to bar to be the partner she wants them to be.

Well, it's a good story for a new writer, but the grammar obviously needs work. Rarity's narrative also felt a bit off. My suggestion is to read more stories on Fimfiction about Rarity to improve how you write her. In the meanwhile, don't give up on your writing and keep believing in yourself! :twilightsmile:

10656895
Believe or not, i have been writing for almost 5 years now, but i agree that my grammar needs work. I am a non-english speaker so grammar is always going to be my problem, but as someone who said to me before, the more i write and read, the better i might become.
Rarity's narrative feeling off and not sounding like her it's intentional. The second chapter that i am gonna create for this story it's going to explain why.
I also appreciate your kind words :heart:

10655968

10656240
There could be other reasons too. Rarity always seemed to be a flawed pony to me.

Rarity in many ways is pony that can probably repel many stallions who also have their own standards.

10657276
I'm interested in where you're going with this fanfic. I still can't see it yet. I'll see what happens.

10658052

That’s very true that they have their own standards. But to me it’s always been very odd... that M6 never gets any stallions attention because they are heroes and I would think they get letters or flowers from them at least unless they understand that being near the M6 is basically pushing them to live a life of facing “End of the World” and “Monster Attack” situations :rainbowderp:

10658220
Yeah that always seemed strange to me.:rainbowlaugh: Poor gals!

10658312

Funny how there’s not a fanfic base on a comedy about that. Would be a fun to read and probably be a one chapter short

10658220
I'm pretty sure that in the show at least, they never get that kind of attention specifically because the writers want to avoid the No Hugging, No Kissing trope. Notice how pretty much none of them appeared prominently in the episodes based on Valentine's Day.

Login or register to comment