• Published 21st Oct 2020
  • 221 Views, 0 Comments

can lead to the fall - flowgninthgil



But you told me, if I love her, let her go.

  • ...
 0
 221

Epilogue

When Rainbow came back at home later that day, she didn't even notced Fluttershy, instead she headed straight to their room and got into the bed. She didn't even cry, only puting herself in the bed, face deep in her pillow.

After some failed attemps, Fluttershy got out to get her friends, telling them that, after receiving a letter of Twilight, she got canterlot and, when she came back, got straight to the bed with an aweful look in her eyes. Hearing about it, they firstly headed back the Fluttershy and rainbow's and, understanding they wouldn't be able to do anything, got to the conclusion that something happened at canterlot.

The next thing they did was taking the train to the capital and then going straight to the castle. Once there, they got to find princess Celestia and asked her about Twilight. It really got them suspicious when her first reaction was surprise then sadness before her normal emotional mask came back. She them simply told the four ponies that she hadn't seen her former student in years. She also added that neither had her sister do so.

Thanking the Princess, they asked for their friend's room and left. The first thing they noticed when arriving at the room was Spike sitting in the middle of the room, his face full of sadness and his eyes wattering but no tears falling. That got them all to stop and rethink the fact that Twilight did something to Rainbow.

Knocking to get the little dragon's attention, they asked him if he knew where Twilight was, they never got any clear answer, only half contained sobs. This only conviced that something really bad happened to Twilight so they asked about the reason of Twilight own exile in her room. Struggleing to keep tears fom falling he explained.

He explained how, during all their years of friendship and adventure, Twilight got stronger and stronger feeling for Rainbow but never wanting to say so fearing for her feelings to be one way only. He explained how, after Fluttershy asked Rainbow out, she cried for being stupid about belving that Rainbow would never go out with a friend, sometimes wishing for the pegasus' relation to fail and then regretting it immediatly.

He explained that she slowly accepted the fact that she will probably never be able to have her feling returned and started trying to let it fade. He also explained how, when her love got to annouce her she was getting married, her feeling still hadn't faded and how it got her to spend more time in her room. He told them that, when she prepared to assist to the weading, she put everything she had in herself to appear happy for them, he then told them how, once they came back, she started to prepare for a moving to cantorlot. He finished with telling them how she got from passing lots of time in her room to ever leaving it for month and getting out or an hour at most.

Then came the expected question, the one about the meeting between Rainbow and Twilight. Their answer was that Spike couldn't hear what was said and only that he saw Rainbow flew from the window and shortly after, Twilight going out of her room with two full saddlebag filled with what looked like needing for long travels-



The wound got deepened when Rainbow learned that Twilight had left unknowingly from all for an undertermined time to an unkown place. All the while, Twilight got to the south and decided to live as a nomad marchant going from town to cities and cities to town.

Their four friends, Fluttershy mostly, took on themsleves to get Rainbow back to a better state but quickly understood the Rainbow wasn't going to feel better until she accepted whatever she felt like she did wrong, leaving their relationship in an hold.

The princesses later learned from spike the full story, even the fact that he prettended not knowing to his friends, he also told them the project Twilight told him she had planned. It took him time to forgive Twilight from leaving so quickly with near no word to anypony. During that time he slowly grew and made home of the castle, the public seeing him as a new habitant of the castle.

Time got faster with the years and when he felt like his time was up to, he left the castle to join his long missing sister in her slow travel in the desert. Neither of them coma back to Ponyville nor Canterlot and spending decades travelling. The only five exeptions were for their former friends.

Rainbow came first, never forgiving herself, she lost any life goal and slowly let her life fade away. No word was exchanged between them but when Twilight let tears fall and begged for forgiveness for making the one she loved die because of her greed and hopes. She begged forgivenes for everything they spoke about when she came to the castle, revealing to their frineds the truth. She couldn't face her former friends when she got up and left.

Then came Rarity, her shops were in most of the bggest cities of equestria and her work was famous and all-known. Sadly, Fluttershy came after her, she dedicated her life to her animals, then to rainbow and, after learning the truth, took refuge in the forest within the animals but it was obvious that she felt like she was the reason of Rainbow's and Twilight's missed relationship. It was her animals who got her body back when she died in her sleep.

Pinkie died a year or so after, she had put on herself to keep all of her best friends the support for all the problems they faced from theat day, straining her but she never lost her smile. Lastly, came Applejack, her well maintaned body and he healthy food kept her for another decade and a half. That day, the princesses came and built a monument where rested five of the elements of armony, a monument of friendship and trust, it was qlso the first and last time for decades that they were seeing the fourth alicon and her dragon that was now as tall as the old cadance on his back legs.

That was the last time Twilight had seen any of her friend and the last time the century that she had seen the princesses.

Author's Note:

sorry if I took a bit too much time for this, I kinda forgot about it and it needed to be rewrtied before being published. anyway here it is, a sad end and all that because I only accept Rainbow with Twilight in the mane six, hope you anjoyed and if any of you had started it, I decided to go back on the writing of the Nameless pony that I kind of put aside for too long.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment