• Published 21st Oct 2020
  • 221 Views, 0 Comments

can lead to the fall - flowgninthgil



But you told me, if I love her, let her go.

  • ...
 0
 221

let it die

Twilight had her eyes closed as the las notes of the song faded away. she knew she was crying but acted like she wasn't, listening to the silence that folowed the end of the song. their song, the one they sang together, the one about how Rainbow let her, unknowingly, suffer while she was living the best days of her life. the one about how she regrets not taking Twilight's words seriously, the one where they opened their hearts to each others.
The one they should have never sing together.

she was crying and now she knew why.Twilight fell on her balcony, her legs not being able to keep her standing. she didn't heard the wings beat nearing, neither had she heard the quiet sound of four hooves touching down few steps from her. she was crying her despair down, not caring who might see her or what they'll think.

a gentle hoof wraped around her like protective shell, a shell meant to protect her from this cruel world outside, the same that took her love and replaced it by the despair of supporting a friend no matter what. a comforting and appealing shell.

not even knowng it, Twilight buried herself in the chest linked to her so called shell, crying herself to sleep in the warms she carved for so long. abrove her, a sad looking rainbow mained pegasus watched her, not knowing what to do. finally, sleep took the lead and she slowly drifted away, her head on the lavender alicorn's one.



Twilight woke up slowly in her warm embrace. she knew she wasn't in her bed last night and she also knew it couldn't be spike. she didn't want to know, not even remember, everything that mattered were the wings around her back, the legs around her neck and the chest were she buried her head deeper to keep the sun from lighting her eyes.

what felt like day, and were probably only an hour, of warmth was breaked when one of the wings moved from her back, lettting the cold air lightlyy brush her coat. her body was sore but, until now, the warmth was a valuable counter argument. not that it was gone the urge of screatching was her first priority.

Twilight frstly extended her back legs before doing the same with her front and, after somehow doing the same for her wings while having another one on her back, buried her head back in the chest under her. sadly for her, the chest moved as did the wing and the whole body a short second after. "err... Twilight?" the lavender mare's ears turned to the voice coming from just in front of her. while the mouth mumbeled something ununderstandable.

"you see Twilight... I know I'm very comfy, Flutter' say so everyday, but you know why can't let you do that." Rainbow's calm but sad voice came as a reminder of why she felt so worned out from last night and why she was sleeping on Rainbow. not only did she got up in an instant but she also felt the feling from last night coming back. she then quickly flew back inside her room and closed the doors and blinds.

Rainbow couldn't move, too stunned by what just happend. she hopped that they would be able to talk it out and then they would be able to be friends again, nothing would have happened and they will forget those feelings. and then she understood. Twilight don't want to love her anymore but she can't stop it. she's scared of what would happen, not from rainbow but from her other friends. she can't be near from Rainbow, else she think she won't be able to control herself. now she knows Rainbow return her feeling but won't do anything about it, thinking it will worn out with time.

Rainbow got up an slowly knocked at the door. a muffled cry was her only responce. she knew she bucked up but couldn't do anything, so she waited, waited unil she heard Twilight moving. she heard a piece of peper, a little glass moving and then she heard it, this beautiful voice that will never be hers because of her denseness. the sad but calming voice.

I cut myself into pieces
Searching for my imperfections
I had plans to make us wholes
But my stupidity was made me only weaker
I have nothing left but I'm not leaving
When all love is you

I've been looking for a way
To cut those feeling from my life
And if I could find a way,
Then I would have been back that night
I'd make me look,
I'd lie myself
I'd take this love from my eyes
And he told me, if you love her
Let it die.

Rainbow didn#t sanf that time. she let her hurt frend sing all her pain out.

Your eyes stared right throught me
Ignoring my failed attemps to
Get you know the love I have for you
But I can't stop my heart beating so fast
I'm so far gone but it's leaving
when all I love is you

I've been looking for a way
To cut those feeling from my life
And if I could find a way,
Then I would have been back that night
I'd make me look,
I'd lie myself
I'd take this love from my eyes
And he told me, if you love her
Let it die.

and it left me
more caring than
you'll ever know
when I put me
far from you

'cause I've been looking for a way
To cut those feeling from my life
And if I could find a way,
Then I would have been back that night
I'd make me look,
I'd lie myself
I'd take this love from my eyes
And he told me, if you love her
Let it die.
Let it die...
Let it die...

the door opened only for rainbow to be stoped by a hoof- "you'll have to promise me you'tr never coming back nor telling about this t anypony, understood?" she tried to think about something but there was something in those sad eyes that kept her, instead she just nodded and turned around to take flight.

before she could go, she was called one last time. she didn't have to turn around as her head was turned by an unknown will and before she could do anything, a pair of lips were on her own. the moment felt like heaven and ended too early for rainbow's taste.

when Twilight pulled back she smiled and said "it must have been hard for you, maybe harder, but I'm thankful you listened to me.""

she disapeared with a flash, her last words floating in the air "adieu"

Author's Note:

yeah i know, I said two-shots but I will be doing an epilgue, well, it's already writed as I writed in this chapter first. to be honest, the conclusion wasn't meant to be an epilogue, it started as three lines then six then ten then it was way too much for a conclusion

hope you liked this chapter too and that you'll like the epilogue too

if you notice any error can you please DM them to me? thanks