• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 9,074 Views, 301 Comments

Sunshine and Rainbows - Saro0fdemonz



Nopony would've believed it unless they had seen it, Rainbow Dash, the Princess.

  • ...
46
 301
 9,074

The Fading Light:The Surprise Attack

Twilight stared at the colt held against the wall, realizing she recognized him.

"Wait...Time Turner?" she asked.

"Ah, so you remember me! Odd, nopony else has. Must have something to do with that ripple I came across earlier. Oh look there it is now." he said and as if on cue a wall of blue energy appeared between them.

"What...is that?" Twilight asked.

"Something that shouldn't be there. A curtain between realities. You see Twilight, I am of your realm of existance but have crossed over into this reality by mistake. A reality where Celestia lost to Nightmare Moon and her mind is warped beyond repair." He paused for a moment

"She is a dark ruler here Twilight Sparkle and I fear that the meddling of one of your friends is causing the realities to meld into one another." He explained quickly, glancing around as the sounds of keys rattling rang out throughout the dungeon.

"You need to find the source of the abnormality and make it stop." he finished, turning his gaze to the door on his side as it opened up. An Alicorn whose coat was as black as a solar eclipse entered, followed by several Lunar guards.

Twilights eyes widened as she realized the Alicorn was Princess Celestia.

"I will ask you one last time. How did you get here?" she asked Time Turner.

"You know, its actually a funny story." he laughed, giving her his best smile.

"I was walking along, minding my own business and walked straight into this curtain of time energy. Now I was certain walking through it would be the end of me but instead I wound up in your chambers, funny story right?" he chuckled, groaning as one of the guards slammed a hoof into his gut.

"ENOUGH JOKES!" Celestia yelled.

"STOP IT!" TWilight screamed. Celestia paused, turning around slowly and spotting Twilight through the curtain

"Impossible..." the alicorn mumbled in shock.

"RUN!" Time Turner yelled, grabbing something in his teeth from under his tie. The strange object whirred to life and Twilights restraints came loose. Twilight blinked and ducked as a Lunar guard launched itself towards her, the unicorn deciding to make herself scarce and ran up the stairs with two guards on her tail.

Twilight froze as Celestia appeared in front of her, the darkness attached to her coat seeming to melt away slightly as she shook on the spot.

"I don't know how you are alive Twilight...but you must run...please...I beg of you...AHHH" Celestia screamed, clutching her head.

"I could not bear to lose you again Twilight...NOW RUN!" She screamed, pushing the mare past her and throwing a bolt of magic at one of the advancing guards, the second tackling her to the ground.

Twilight bit her lip, wanting desperately to help the Princess, even if she was of another reality, she was still Princess Celestia and she still cared deeply about her. Enough to risk her own life for her.

Thats right...she does care about me...and Rainbow...How could I have been so stupid?! Twilight berated herself, gasping as one of the guards tackled her over the edge of the bridge they stood upon.

"TWILIGHT NO!" Celestia screamed as the unicorn slammed into the ground, her eyes snapping open, Pinkie Pie brushing against her and walking past her. Twilight felt dizzy, sick, confused, lost. So many words ran through her head she simply fainted.

"TWILIGHT!" Rainbow called out, rushing to her side, only to be tackled by Gilda, the Gryphon tearing out her wings. The sounds of her friends screams were enough to wake Twilight from her momentary slumber, the unicorn scrambling to her hooves.

"no...STOP IT!" Twilight yelled, unleashing as much magic as she could muster, the entire room freezing in its tracks. Twilight decided to take action this time, pinning Gilda to the ground, focusing her magic on keeping the Gryphon pinned, the rest of her magic reaching out to Rainbow and repairing her wings almost instantly.

"Twilight, you need to calm down!" Shining Armor yelled over the rush of power filling the air. She glanced around the room, seeing the worried looks of her friends, most of all, the look on Rainbows face.

Twilight let go of her magic and collapsed into her friends hooves. She reached up, placing a hoof on her friends cheek.

"Rainbow..." she managed to say before passing out.


Celestia was the first to react.

"Guards, restrain Gilda, escort our guests to their chambers." she said quickly.

"We will finish out discussion later my friends, for now I must tend to my subjects." she offered them before they could argue. Celestia quickly made her way to Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

"I feel weird...like..." Rainbow said quietly.

"This has happened before." Pinkie Pie interupted.

"But it hasn't, not exactly." she continued.

"Pinkie Pie. I trust you had something to do with this?" Luna asked softly.

"um...maybe?" the party pony said almost in a whisper.

"I remember...I killed Gilda...but Twilight stopped me...she was thrown in the dungeons...ugh...my head hurts..." Rainbow mumbled.

"What in th' hay are ya talkin 'bout?" Applejack asked.

"I apologize Applejack. Only ponies strongly intuned with the magics that be are aware of the situation. Rarity may come to realize it herself in a moment due to the power of her magic but as an earth pony it seems you are not connected to the magical spectrum. Though you Pinkie Pie, have some explaining to do." Luna said as she turned to the pink earth pony. Pinkie Pie opened her mouth to speak, quickly closing it.

"Lemme guess, a Pinkie Promise?" Applejack asked with a flat look.

"Its a promise I haven't made yet but I still can't break it." Pinkie explained quickly.

"That would explain the strange headaches I've had of late. I thought it merely a symptom of my passing..." Celestia sighed.

"Maybe Twi knows something?" Rainbow suggested, still cradling the unicorn in her hooves. Celestia smiled.

"Rainbow, why don't you take her to your chambers so she can rest? I will handle things from here." Celestia said with a smile.

"A-Are you sure?" Rainbow stammered, her cheeks flushed.

"Positive, now go. She deserves a friendly face when she awakens. I sense she has been through quite an ordeal." Celestia smiled. Rainbow blushed and hefted the unicorn onto her back.

"ok then..." Rainbow mumbled, guards surrounding her as she made her way to her chambers. Celestia watched her go, waiting until she was out of the room to turn her attention back to Pinkie Pie.

She stood, prepared to question the Earth Pony, suddenly finding herself on the ground with her sister and several ponies hovering over her.

"Sister!" Luna panicked. She remembered this. It had happened at least twice, perhaps more? It was so confusing. All she knew was that she wasn't going to lose her sister. She had more than lost Twilight to Rainbow, but that was something she was willing to sacrifice.

She had no say in that matter anyway. She called for the guards who carefully hefted the weary Princess of the sun onto a stretcher, pulling it along, Luna following after them.

"Elements of Harmony, I beg of you to get as much information from Pinkie Pie as you can. I must tend to me sister." Luna said quickly before they were gone. All eyes turned to Pinkie Pie, demanding an explanation.

"I-I wish I could tell you girls but...I Honestly don't know myself." Pinkie Pie said sadly. The light seeming to fade from the room, the girls huddling close to each other to avoid the growing darkness, a pair of glowing eyes peering at them through the darkness.

"Of course you don't. But I do."


Floating.Darkness.Cold, falling...falling...

"Rainbow!" Twilight screamed as she sat up, panting heavily.

"Hey, i'm here Twi, relax." Rainbow said softly, nuzzling her cheek. Twilight sighed softly, tossing her hooves around the alicorn.

"I...I..." Twilight sobbed. Rainbow wrapped her hooves and wings around the lost unicorn.

"Shhh, its ok Twi'. Just take a sec and tell me when your ready, 'kay?" Rainbow said soothingly, running her hoof up and down Twilights back. Twilight nodded wearily, inhaling Rainbows scent. The smell of fresh rain mixed in with Applejacks trees and something else...lilac? Twilight giggled quietly.

"Were you cuddling me?" Twilight asked, sniffling quietly.

"Shut it egghead, you freaked me out back there." Rainbow mumbled. The two sat there, practically clinging to one another.

"I'm sorry Rainbow...I just lost myself...I think I'm going insane. I've repeated this day.."

"Three times, right?" Rainbow asked. Twilight blinked.

"Wh..huh? How could you know that? I was the only one who remembered before..." Twilight groaned, putting a hoof against her head.

"I don't know Twi'. When you flipped out all these memories just popped into my head. Applejack didn't seem to remember anything. But mom and Luna did. Pinkie Pie knew something though" Rainbow explained. Twilight gasped, holding her head in her hooves.

"Time Turner..he said...there was a tear between realities. That somepony on this side was causing it." Twilight mumbled. Rainbow rested her hooves over Twilight.

"Stop playing detective for five minutes, ok? We'll figure this out together Twi'. Right now you need to relax before you blow a brain cell or somethin." Rainbow chuckled, though her worry was obvious in her voice. Twilight gave a sigh of defeat, leaning against her friend.

"I just don't know what to think anymore Dash...I feel so lost..." Twilight all but whimpered against her chest.

For the longest time she had been their strong powerful leader. Here she sat, reduced to a whimpering filly. Just what the heck did you see Twi... Rainbow thought to herself, kissing the unicorns forehead gently.

"Twilight..." she whispered, the lavender unicorn raising her head and looking into her eyes.

"Aw what a touching moment." a voice rang out. The two mares spun, finding a cloud of darkness hovering before them. Slowly it began to take shape. Slowly four shapes appeared before them, two more in front.

"no way..." Rainbow mumbled. Before them stood a pitch black Celestia and next to her stood Nightmare Moon.
"So this is where you have been hiding, my dear little Niece."

Author's Note:

this is about the 17th time I have rewritten this chapter. Its not anywhere near as long as I wanted it to be but I promised to update and with me starting multiple jobs soon I won't have much time IF ANY to do any writing. So here it is, getting to the thick chunk of plot twists and whatnot I promised months ago. Can you guess who the four ponies are?