• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 9,070 Views, 301 Comments

Sunshine and Rainbows - Saro0fdemonz



Nopony would've believed it unless they had seen it, Rainbow Dash, the Princess.

  • ...
46
 301
 9,070

Decisions Part 2

"What the buck am I gonna do?!" she yelled at herself as she walked through the castle. Her father was counting on her to prove Rainbow and the Princess were lying and she had nothing. Nothing!

She had already dissapointed him once, if she failed again...she didn't even want to think about it. Sadly that was all her mind could focus on, at least until the pegasus she had been searching for came into view. She grinned and took a calming breath as she approached her once best friend.

"Dash, why are you wearin' all that stuff? Quit playin' around." She said playfully.
"I apologize Princess Gilda but I do not have time for your antics today. I have an important message to deliver to everypony. Did you not get the summons?" Rainbow asked, making Gilda grit her teeth.
She's good...but I'm not gonna give up that easily!
"This is so not you Dash"

"Yes well...Certain events have required...changes in my lifestyle." Rainbow answered, her head low.
this is my chance!
"So why keep pretending?" She said as loud as she could, drawing the attention of the guards and everypony passing by.
"You are right Gilda."
Score! and everypony is watching. This couldn't be any better!

"I've been pretending all my life that I was just another pegasus, living the life of a pegasus who was wild and free to do whatever she wanted. I can't keep doing that. My mother needs me, Equestria needs me. And so I have decided I will remain here in Canterlot, and do what must be done. Now if you'll excuse me." and just like that, all of her hopes came crashing down. Rather than bring Rainbow down she had instead given her a boost up
I'm screwed...


"Rainbow, you don't have to do this. The Princess..."
"Is dying Twilight." Rainbow said, never stopping to look at her friend. Twilight froze.
"w...what? What do you mean dyi..." Luna put a hoof over the unicorns mouth, shaking her head.
"You must keep silent Twilight Sparkle. Equestria is not ready for this. We would not survive were the Gryphons to learn of it."

"Princess Luna...you knew? and you didn't tell me?" Twilight fumed.
"Because I knew how you would react Twilight Sparkle. We need you with a level head..."
"So your just going to use me like your using Rainbow right?!" she screamed. She blinked as everypony turned to look at them once more.

"What was that? There just using Rainbow Dash?" Gilda called out triumphantly.
"See?! its all a lie! She's just being used!" Gilda grinned and Rainbow Dash turned to face her.
"Do you wish to tear me down so far Princess Gilda?" she asked softly, walking towards her. Her grin began to fade slowly as the mare came closer.

"Despite what my FRIEND, might think. I am here of my own choice, here because I am needed, not to be used!"
"Prove it! All members of the Royal Equestrian Family have magic. If your really a princess then do some ma..." she screamed as a bolt of lightning struck the ground in front of her. Rainbows wings spread wide and sparks dancing over the feathers, a light chirping sound filling the air against the crackle of lightning bouncing off itself along her wings.

"I am the Runaway Princess and you are no longer considered an honored guest. Do not speak to me again." She said turning her back on Gilda and marching towards the throne room. She was the only one moving, everypony else merely standing there in shock, even Luna.
"Perhaps we should follow..." Twilight nodded and shook herself, following at a safe distance.


Rainbow stood in front of Celestia's throne, Celestia herself sitting in it with her wings folded behind her to hide the dying feathers. Rainbow turned back to her and smiled.
"Can you use that voice spell for me?" she asked. Celestia nodded weakly, her horn glowing dimly, the glow filling Rainbow's lungs and throat with power.

"Ponies of Equestira! Honored guests of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I have come here today to make an important announcement. For years I have remained in hiding, running from my responsibilities and trying to chase a foals dream. But now I am needed. Most of you must not realize it, but my mother is Dying." everypony gasped, Celestia's eyes wide.

"But do not be afraid. We will not lose her or any other Princess. For on this day I take back the name of my birth. I take back that which made me a Princess." she hung her head as Luna stood beside her, several cloaked unicorns surrounding them.

"Rainbow Dash, Runaway Princess of Canterlot. Doth thee swear to protect these lands with thine life? To guide and defend the ponies of this land? For as long as thee shall live?"
"I do." Rainbow's eyes began to glow along with the glow of the circle around her. The circle began to hover around her, lifting her into the air with them, her entire body swallowed by the glow.

"We remove thy false name of Rainbow Dash, and giveth thee the name of thy birth. Princess Chroma of Equestria!" the glow faded and Rainbow was lowered to the ground, a bit taller than she had been moments ago and a horn sitting in the middle of her forehead.
"Princess of the Skies."