• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 9,076 Views, 301 Comments

Sunshine and Rainbows - Saro0fdemonz



Nopony would've believed it unless they had seen it, Rainbow Dash, the Princess.

  • ...
46
 301
 9,076

Decisions Part 1

Luna sat outside her sisters room, hoof hanging in mid-knock. What could she say to her? I told your daughter your dying. That will sit well with her won't it? She sighed and shook her head, lowering her hoof.
"Come in Luna, I know your out there." Celestia called out weakly. Luna bit her lip and gently pushed the door open, stepping inside.

"How are you feeling dear sister?" She asked, noticing several feathers in her wings already fading to black. Celestia chuckled a little and sighed, laying her head back down onto the multitude of pillows behind her.
"I am not sure how much longer I have Luna...I'm sorry, but it seems it will fall on you to continue maintaining peace in Equestria."

"No, I'm not going to lose you sister. I...I told Rainbow Dash that you are..." Luna blinked, finding that Celestia had moved and was now muzzle to muzzle with her, staring into her eyes.
"Luna, why would you do such a thing? Why would you tell her? She deserves to make her own choice!"
"This is about more than just her Sister! Sometimes we have to make sacrifices to protect the ones we care about. Rainbow Dash is no different."

"Luna, you know she will stay now. She won't even be able to make her choice now."
"Perhaps, but it had to be done sister."
"Why!? Are you afraid to rule alone? Are you just unable to accept that I will pass on someday?"
"No! Equestria can't lose you! I Can't lose you!" Luna screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Luna..."

"I betrayed you so long ago sister...and now...now that we are finally together again...i'm going to lose you...Rainbow Dash is the only chance of saving you...i'm sorry..I..I just..." Celestia pulled her into a gentle hug, sighing softly.
"I understand why you did what you did Luna. I'm still upset that you told her...And I have something to ask of you."
"Anything sister..."
"I want you to tell her that i'll be fine. That i'm not dying."
"B...but you are!"
"I know, but she shouldn't know that."


Rainbow sighed as she stared into her mirror. She sat alone in her room.
"My room..." she sighed again and stared at the dress that had been prepared for her by Rarity. She had less than three days to decide. Would she leave her mother to die? Or would she seal her fate forever and leave behind everything she had worked so hard for?

The choice was obvious, but she couldn't bring herself to make it. She had worked so hard and now it all meant nothing. Rainbow shook her head and stood.
"I shouldn't even have to think about this. I know what I have to do." She walked over to the dress, regretting each hoofstep, a knock at the door stopping her.

"Uh...Come in." She called out, not surprised when Luna made her way into the room.
"Rainbow Dash. I have come to apologize."
"You don't have anything to apologize for Princess. I just need some time...no..." she sighed, putting a hoof to her forehead.
"I don't need to think about this. I know what I have to do and I'm gonna do it."
"Rainbow....I..."

"No. I don't care what more you have to say Princess. I've made up my mind."
"But Rainbow Dash!"
"NO! I don't care anymore. Even if she wasn't dying! I'd still stay...for her...for all the time we've missed. I wouldn't be Loyalty if I left her now. I'd just be running away again. I can't do that to her twice. Now...can you help me get this stupid stuff on? I have some stuff I need to say." Luna's mouth snapped shut and she smiled, helping Rainbow into her vestments and following her out of the room.

"Guard!" Rainbow called out, a guard saluting.
"Alert the guests and everypony in the castle. I have an announcement to make, have everypony in the Great Hall in twenty minutes."
"yes princess!" Luna merely watched in surprise. Rainbow paused in mid-step causing Luna to stop as well. She peeked around Rainbow and spotted what had stopped her. A lone unicorn. Twilight Sparkle.