• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 9,066 Views, 301 Comments

Sunshine and Rainbows - Saro0fdemonz



Nopony would've believed it unless they had seen it, Rainbow Dash, the Princess.

  • ...
46
 301
 9,066

The Weight of the World Part 2

"D..Dying?! N...NO! She can't be!" Rainbow screamed, her throat suddenly very dry.
"I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, but she is." Luna repeated.
"How?! She's suppose t' be immortal or whatever!" the pegasus continued.

"I told you Rainbow Dash. Our emotions affect more than just our attitudes. When she lost me...it tore her apart inside and only the thought of the ponies she would abandon in death managed to keep her alive. But with my return and the loss of you, there isn't much left to keep her going Rainbow Dash. She has managed to survive like this for far longer than any other Alicorn could manage and I am sad to say she could pass at any moment."

"Well there's gotta be something we can do!" Rainbow yelled, Luna putting a hoof to her mouth.
"Not we. You." Luna said, pointing a hoof at Rainbow.
"M...Me?" Rainbow asked, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Yes Rainbow Dash. There may still be time to save her, but she needs You. It has to be you. You're all she has in this world that she can truly call her own and she's never had the chance. We can't force you into this decision and I know she didn't tell you this because she knew it would force you to help her." Luna paused for a moment and sighed.

"But I am not her and I cannot allow this to happen. Sadly, this is all I can do in the hopes that you will at the very least be the daughter she needs. Maybe not a Princess, but at least her daughter." Luna finished and left the throne room without another word, leaving the pegasus to stare at nothing in particular.
"She's dying...and its all my fault..."


Twilight skimmed book after book, reading about the past Treaty signings and noticing a distinct pattern. More and more land being hoofed over to the Gryphons and Minotaurs while the Everfree forest forever remained just the forest. If the pattern continued Equestria would be ruled by Gryphons. The unicorns mouth fell open in horror at the realization.

Had Celestia known this would happen? Was that why she needed Rainbow Dash? It was all adding up. Twilight felt a surge of rage fill her. Celestia was just using Rainbow Dash, though it was for her kingdom and the safety of her subjects, she was still using her.

"Just like she used me..." Twilight mumbled. She slammed the book shut and marched towards the Throne room where the Princess would most likely still be as well as Rainbow Dash. She was going to put a stop to this. Nopony deserved to be used.
"Princess!" Twilight burst into the throne room, finding only a multicolored mane curled around a pegasus as she cried silently.

"R...Rainbow! whats wrong?!" Twilight rushed to her friend, looking around.
"Rainbow?!" Twilight nudged the pegasus gently, causing her to jump to her hooves in surprise.
"T..Twi? what the hay are you doin' here? oh wait...you're suppose to be here..." Rainbow mumbled.
"Dash, are you alright?" Twilight asked, ignoring Rainbows rambling.

"Y..yea...No..." the pegasus sighed and hung her head, wiping away some of her tears.
"I'm turnin' into such a wimp..." she muttered, taking a deep shuddering breath.

"You are not a wimp Rainbow Dash. You're the bravest and toughest pony I know. This doesn't change that." Twilight said with a smile, sitting down beside her friend.

"Re...Really? You don't think i'm all girly or anything?" Rainbow asked quietly.
"Of course not Rainbow. Its not the fancy make-up that makes a pony who they are, its the pony themselves. The make-up is just a formality. But the rest is all you, tough, brave, wonderful Dash." Twilight said with a smile, her cheeks lighting up for a moment before she cleared her throat.
"Wow Twi, you really think i'm that awesome?" Rainbow asked with a grin.

"Well, awesome isn't the word I would use but yes. Its already a proven fact Rainbow Dash so I can't argue any different anyway." Twilight explained, earning herself a snicker from the pegasus.
"You are such an egghead Twi." She said, wiping away the last of her tears.
"How do you feel?" Twilight asked.

"A little better...but I'm still worried...and I've got a big decision to make and I don't know what to do."
"Well I'll help you. Thats what friends are for Dash." the unicorn smiled at her.
"y..yea...friends..." Rainbow said with a sigh. just friends...


Luna bit her lip as she finished raising the moon.
Perhaps it was wrong of me to reveal Celestia's condition to Rainbow Dash. She deserves a chance to make her own decision and I have probably only made it harder for her.[/i the alicorn berated herself before stopping

No! I did what I had to. I cannot allow my sister to simply pass away. There is still much left for us to do, so much we have all missed out on. I do not even have an heir of my own... Luna paused and put a hoof to her chin. There had never been a pony that had caught her eye, at least not one with which she could have an heir to her throne.

Oh don't be absurd Luna, an heir is not your top priority at the moment. You have a niece and sister to help right now. You can worry about matters such as that once you have made everything right. Though it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out for a unicorn powerful enough to... Luna smiled, clapping her hooves together.

"Oh how could we have been so blind! The Element of magic! She would be perfect!" Luna giggled to herself. Twilight was a good friend, her very first after her return and she had shown the ponies of Ponyville that Luna wasn't the terrifying Mare in the Moon anymore. How had she not seen it before? She would speak with Twilight later about it, for now she had other things to tend to.


The Princess watched as her father paced the room angrily, all of his plans ruined due to her outburst.
"You bring shame to us Gilda." Her father said for the hundredth time in his angry ramblings. Finally he stopped and turned toward her.

She wished she could have been anywhere but there, she would've happily gone back to the flight academy and done that stupid cheer a million times if it meant she didn't have to be the target of her fathers rage.

"You are not worthy of the throne. Perhaps I will adopt a son, give him the crown and let someone I can TRUST rule in my place when I die!" he yelled. The Princess said nothing. They both knew her father wasn't long for this world. This was to be his final glory, his triumph over Equestria's ancient rulers and the rise of a new rule. The chances were slim, but there was still a chance he could pull it off.
"You claim that pegasus is not Celestia's daughter. Why?!"

"Because she isn't dad! She's just some loser pegasus I met at the flight academy. She dropped out and all she was ever good at was the stupid weather team." her father put a claw to his chin.
"Perhaps Celestia is using this pegasus, pretending this girl is her daughter. We will need proof." her father turned to her once more and she grinned.
"I can get proof."


A/N

Sorry for this being so short, but to be totally honest, I had no idea what more I could add to this chapter. Hopefully The Weight of the World P3 will have more in it. I especially wanna apologize to The Dark Lord Link, who has been reading this story from beginning to end and has been my number 1 fan on it. I wanted to add more to it but I couldn't think of anything and I hated holding the update back for so long.

This apology is mostly to him and as way of further extending said apology I would like to ask that anyone reading this go check out his story "Cries of Fluttershy" and "The Bloody Hooves" both of which have been an inspiration to me and my writing. Thanks for reading!